Lady Smith Lock and Key Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Dyed her hair, but that's Dinah Lewis. That's Carroll's daughter."

"Not quite," Shelby says, and takes the photos back. "Carroll's real name is Zillah Calvin. A former lawyer for a Russian Bratva syndicate. She vanished years ago after the Russian mob ambushed a prison transport and killed a police officer in the process. The person we were transporting, was an American-born, Russian assassin named Alecia Valentine..." He holds up the picture again, suggesting Dinah is Alecia. "...but her go by name was Alice."

"What the fuck?" I ask. I didn't mean to say that aloud. "Is she dangerous?"

"Alice? Very," Shelby says. "I know that firsthand. I was on that prison transport."

"Jesus."

"Where is she?" he asks.

"No idea. But if she's as dangerous as you believe, they might want to double up on the security for the Legion goons they just rolled up. She knows the Legion killed her mother...killed Carroll, or...whatever her name was."

"Your LT said she didn't have any leads yet."

"Ronda has been pushing paper for half a decade. Her investigative skill is as sharp as shit. Are you thinking the people they were hiding from found them?"

"Possible, fits Russian MO. Only thing is, I got a CI who would've known they had tracked them down. I'm thinking just one hell of a coincidence. You were saying Alice thinks the biker gang killed her. Why?"

"The cop who was killed, was my partner. He was sitting on a girl we'd been trying to flip as a source for months. She didn't take her car, and her bags were packed in the back. I think the gang was also watching her and caught her trying to leave. When they tried grabbing her, Miles fought them, and lost. She called me with the victim's phone at the diner and told me about Miles. That's why I think they're connected, and the same person did both. I think they still have her."

"You didn't answer the question. Why does Alice think the Legion did it? Or why do you think she thinks that?"

"Because I told her," I say, and he blinks. "I saw her watching on the other side of the street. She jumped me in an alley and gave me this bruise," I say, pointing to my face. "You say she's dangerous. Is she crazy enough to go after people in custody?"

"Wouldn't even be the first time. She's killed a witness who was in custody. That's why we were transporting her to a stronger facility."

"What's her skill set?" I ask. I know she's damned good in a bare-knuckle brawl.

"A former Marine Force Recon operative trained Alice. I know she's a skilled marksman and is capable in the construction of IEDs. She's held her own in a hand-to-hand fight with men twice her size." I never stood a chance against that.

My phone chimes, and I excuse myself to check it. Detective Hall finally replied. They found the bookkeeper Dante Hayes. What was left of him. Someone hooked his toes up to a car battery and left him there until the skin of his feet melted off and the clamps slipped. He was long dead. I'd have no idea on who or why, if not for the fact I just learned the person with a reason is an assassin.

"Would Alice electrocute someone with a car battery?" I ask, and he shrugs.

"As far as I know that's new for her. Common for Bratva interrogations though, maybe she learned a thing or two. Who was the victim?"

"Third in command for the Legion. If Alice thought they did it, then it looks like she went after someone who'd give her a name," I explain.

Shelby displays an expression of thought. His hand cradles his chin in the universal signal of 'I'm thinking'. He wants to go after the Legion to get Alice. She's his outstanding case he can never get out of his head.

"What was your interest with the girl you believe the Legion snatched?" he asks.

"She had a gambling problem and owed the Legion money, turned to prostitution to pay it. In her day job, she was a locksmith, and several of the houses she did lockouts for were burgled in quick succession."

"She was casing for them?" he asks, and I nod. "Why grab her?"

"Make an example out of her. She tried running out on her debt..."

"...why would they care enough about her to watch her like that? Do you keep a guy on her to make sure she can't run if she's just a prostitute or casing a house to make seventy percent after fencing? Why does she justify that much attention?"

I cross my arms and lean into my chair to think. None of it makes sense. He's right. Why is she that important to them? What does she give them they can't get anywhere else? While I think his phone rings, and he steps away to answer it. Prostitute. Locksmith. Driver? Who is she to them?

"Does she have any connection to a Luxury Car Service named King's Chariot?" Shelby asks, tiling the phone away from his mouth.

"She's a driver for them? Why?"

"Twenty of their cars were just reported stolen, and three members of the Legion were found dead in their parking lot."

The cars? Lady is just a driver; she doesn't have the level of access to make that happen. That I know of at least. Sure, she's shacking up with the CEO, but still. The three Legion bodies have my attention. It doesn't look like corporate security took them out. This is Alice.

"You coming?" Shelby asks while clipping his phone back to his belt. He looks like the kind of guy with a phone clip.

"With what badge?" I ask.

"Your boss is an opportunist moron and no one else in your department seems to understand anything about what's going on. You're the first person I've talked to since I got here who has any grasp of the situation. You're my local consultant if anyone has a problem."

He watches me tuck my gun into my concealed holster and doesn't bat an eyelash. We leave together and I tell him the fastest route.

Lady, just hold on a little bit longer.

12