Las Vegas Surprise

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're welcome. I'm looking forward to it. The suite at the Mirage is one of the penthouse suites. We won't even have to sleep together."

Dennis laughed. "I'll bet Sarah is relieved to hear that."

"Just stay away from the hookers," Sarah chuckled.

"Jeff, this must have cost a fortune," his father said.

"Flight, limo, and hotel were paid for with sky miles. All I had to buy were the tickets to the show."

"Dad, the show is amazing. Jeff and I saw it when we were in Vegas," Sarah added.

"Jeff, if you've already seen it, let's see something else."

"And waste all this Beatle shit we got for your birthday! No way. Be ready to leave the house at eight am Saturday."

"I'll be ready. Thank you. This is really great."

He gave Jeff and Sarah both hugs and a short time later went out to his RV. He was excited about the trip, but mostly about spending time with his son. It had been years since they had done anything together, besides going out to eat. Dennis had been Jeff's custodial parent since Jeff was seven. They had been really close.

*****

On Saturday morning, Dennis and Jeff left for the airport. Jeff was driving. Just before arriving at DFW airport Jeff got a text message.

"Slight change of plans, dad. I'm not going to be able to go. You have your plane ticket and both tickets to the show. When you arrive, go to the area where the limos are. Someone will have a sign with your name on it to take you to the Mirage. The tip has already been taken care of. You're already checked in at the Mirage. Just stop at the desk, give them your name, and they'll give you the key to the suite. Sunday at eleven, you grab the limo again for your return trip. I'll meet you at the airport when you get back."

"Jeff, the main reason I wanted to do this was to spend time with you," his father said.

"Sorry, dad. I'll make it up to you."

"What am I going to do with a two-bedroom penthouse suite?"

"You could always get a couple of hookers," Jeff chuckled.

"I'm seventy. I doubt I could manage one. I'll pass on the hookers."

Jeff chuckled. "That's probably a good thing."

They arrived at the airport and Jeff dropped his father off at the American Airlines terminal. He was only carrying a small shoulder bag and checked in. After going through security, he made his way to the gate, stopping to browse several shops on the way. At the gate he found a seat where he could watch people walking by. He was a people watcher. Dennis loved putting his own stories to the strangers he saw and sending them on amazing adventures.

As he sat there, he saw a woman nearby that was sitting alone. He guessed she was in her mid-twenties. She was in an Air Force uniform. He went to the desk.

"Yes, sir. How may I help you?"

"I'd like to change my seat," he replied, putting his boarding pass on the counter.

"I'm sorry, sir. First class is fully booked," the attendant replied.

"I don't want first class. See the woman over there in the Air Force uniform," he said, pointing her out.

"Yes, sir."

"I'd like to trade seats with her."

The attendant smiled. "You're sure?"

"I'm sure. Can we do it anonymously?"

She smiled. "We can. Leave your ticket with me. I'll call you back up when I've made the switch. This is very nice of you."

"She deserves it."

Dennis left the ticket and walked back to his seat. A moment later the attendant walked to the woman then walked her to the counter. After a moment, the attendant gave her a new boarding pass and took her old one. The sergeant looked at the pass and seemed to glow. She walked back to her seat with a bounce in her step and a huge smile on her face.

The attendant waved for Dennis to return to the counter and presented him with a new boarding pass.

"Mission accomplished," she said.

"Thanks."

"No, thank you."

Dennis went back to his seat. The smile was still on the sergeant's face when she boarded the plane.

The flight was three hours and he wound up in the center seat at the far back end of the plane. He didn't mind as he sat between a couple of interesting people and chatted with them most of the way. As he exited the plane he went to the curbside pickup area. There was a man holding up a sign with his name on it.

"I believe you're waiting on me. Your sign has my name on it," he said.

"Where are you headed?" the driver asked.

"The Mirage."

"Please come with me, sir."

The drive only took about fifteen minutes and Dennis was dropped off at the front of the hotel. He went inside and to the desk. He handed the clerk his driver's license.

"I have a reservation."

The clerk picked up his license then looked at the computer.

"Very good. You're already checked in." She handed Dennis his room card and his license. "Will you need help with your bags?"

"I travel light," he said, raising his small bag."

"Thank you for choosing the Mirage, sir. Take the VIP elevator to the 28th floor. Your suite is at the end of the hallway on your left. Enjoy your stay."

"Thank you."

Dennis walked to the elevator then used his room card to open it, he pushed 28. He had been to Vegas twice before and had stayed at the Bellagio. Just to get to the elevators required a half mile walk through the casino. 'This is nice,' he thought.

The elevator went non-stop to 28, and Dennis stepped off, turning to the left. The hallway was plush and at least twice the width of most hotel halls he had been in. He checked his card, suite 2802. It was at the end of the short hallway and had double doors. He inserted the card and stepped inside.

The wall in front of him was all glass and overlooked the strip. It had a small kitchen and bar and a really nice living area. At one end was a single door leading to one of the two bedrooms. He went in there first. It was nice. There was a king bed and a full, well-appointed bath.

"Damn, this is nice," he said aloud.

He walked to the other end of the suite into the master bedroom. There was a small suitcase laying open on the bed, and women's clothes laying out. He could hear the shower running. Dennis quickly left the room and walked to the desk where the phone was. He dialed 0.

"Front desk. How may I help you?"

"Hi, this is Dennis Oakes in 2802. There seems to be a mistake. I just came into my room and there's a woman in the shower."

"One moment, sir," he replied, checking the computer. "No mistake, sir. Your wife checked in about an hour ago."

"You're sure?"

"Yes, sir. There's no mistake."

"Uh, okay. Thanks."

He put the phone back in the cradle, grabbed a water from the refrigerator then sat on the couch facing the master bedroom to wait. 'What the hell has Jeff done?' he wondered.

Several minutes later when he heard movement in the master. He looked up as she stepped out with a towel on her head, wearing a white hotel robe, and grinning.

"Hey, stranger," Heidi said. He sat there with his mouth agape. "Surprise!" Dennis stood. "Happy belated birthday."

"Thanks."

"Are you going to stand there or come over here and give me a proper greeting?"

"I'm not sure, in a case like this, what a proper greeting is."

"Want me to show you?" she asked.

"Yeah."

She walked to him and put her arms around his neck, pulling him in, then kissed him passionately. He returned the greeting, wrapping his arms around her.

"Hi, Heidi."

"Hi, yourself. I need to finish getting ready. How about you pour me a glass of wine then join me?"

"Okay."

"Oh yes. Send Jeff and Sarah a text and let them know you're here."

"I can do that."

She started to pull away and stopped. "You have to let me go so I can get ready. You're taking me to lunch."

"I'm afraid I'll wake up and you'll be gone," he said, seriously.

"I'll be here. I promise."

Dennis let go and she pranced back to the master. As soon as she was out of sight, she tossed the robe out the door. Dennis grinned then sent a text to Jeff and Sarah.

Made it to my room and found a shocking surprise. Thanks. I think.

He poured the glass of wine and as he walked toward the master, he got a reply from Sarah.

Glad you made it. You two need to do some serious talking. Have fun. We love you.

Sarah and Jeff

He smiled and put the phone back in his pocket. When he walked into the master, she called to him.

"I'm in the bathroom. Come and join me."

Dennis walked through the door. She now wore only the towel on her head and was putting on eye makeup at the sink. Heidi turned to him smiling and held out her hand for the glass.

"I love your outfit," he said.

"You always did like this one. How do you like the new boobs?"

"Beautiful. I thought you were going to pass on the reconstruction."

"I talked to my oncologist. He told me the same thing you did. You were right. I do feel better about myself, even if they are fake."

"No more cancer?"

"I had a pet-scan a month ago. I'm all clear. They said my risk of reoccurrence is less than a woman with real ones now."

"They really look great."

"Come here and look at the nipples. The tattoo artist was amazing."

Dennis stepped closer and looked. They had been done making them look 3D, and really were realistic.

"I'm impressed."

"They don't give me the sensation my real ones did, but they do look good. Plus, when it's cold, I don't get PN."

"I'm really glad you followed through. You're standing tall and proud again."

"I looked pictures from after the mastectomies. I was hunched over to hide. Thanks for suggesting this."

"You're welcome. Did you ever wear the Hooters shirt I got you?"

"Nope. I put it in a drawer. I brought it with me. I'll model it just for you."

He grinned. "Don't feel like you need to put clothes on for my account."

"I'll keep that in mind. Sarah sent me your book to read."

"Thoughts?"

"Beautiful. Honest. Loving. Heartbreaking. Incomplete."

"Incomplete?"

"Yes, there are things that weren't discussed. Like all the dumb crap I did. I didn't like the ending either."

"I see. How should it have ended?"

"That, m'love, remains to be seen. Will you grab the gray bag in my suitcase?"

"Sure."

Dennis walked to the bed, got the small bag, and took it to her.

"Thanks," she said, digging into it and grabbing more makeup. "The rest of what's missing we'll discuss over lunch."

"Okay."

"You look good. How'd you get so tan?"

"I stay outdoors most of the time. That porch we had in California spoiled me."

"God, I loved our house. You made it a home," she said.

"We did that together. Heidi, why'd you leave?"

"Can we hold that discussion for lunch? We need to be face to face when we talk about that."

"Yeah, I can wait."

"Good. For now, just enjoy the view." She grinned at him in the mirror and wiggled her butt. "Did you notice I dropped a few pounds?"

"I noticed that. You didn't need to. You were perfect."

"I weigh the same thing now as I did when you met me forty-two years ago."

"Has it really been that long?"

"I was twenty. I'm sixty-two now."

"You sure as hell don't look it."

"Flattery will get you everywhere. Makeup done. Can I put clothes on now?"

"If you must, I guess. How much time do we have before lunch?"

Heidi laughed. "I know what you're up to. You want dessert first. If we do that, we'll be in bed all afternoon. I'm hungry. Let's eat and talk first." Dennis exaggerated a frown. She smiled. "You can count the number of times I turned you down for sex, in the last forty-one years, on one hand. I'm not saying no. I'm asking you to feed me first. I promise, I'll make it worth the wait?"

"You always have."

She winked at him and walked to the bed. He followed and sat on the bed watching her dress.

"Just curious, why do you need clothes on to fix your hair?"

"So, I don't muss my hair putting my blouse on."

"What about the pants?"

"Sometimes what you can't see is more exciting than what you can. Wait till you see me in my bikini."

"When will that be?"

"I swim in the mornings, remember?"

"Heidi, it's going to be fifty degrees in the morning."

"I'll swim fast. And no PN. How about that?"

"I'll be sure to check."

"I'm counting on that."

Heidi finished dressing and went back to do her hair. It was longer, as it had been when they first met. He loved her pale blond locks. When finished, she modeled for him.

"Am I acceptable?"

"Way more than acceptable. You're beautiful, as always."

"Where are you taking me for lunch?"

"What would you like?"

"Now or after we get back," she asked, seductively.

"Now. I know the other."

"Healthy."

"Let's go ask the concierge."

"Good idea," she said.

They left the suite arm in arm. Walking through the hotel a lot of heads turned. That always happened with Heidi. She was about 5' 8", slim and shapely; her blond hair, big blue eyes, gorgeous smile, and huge dimples always made her stand out in a crowd. Dennis smiled just being seen with her.

The concierge greeted them. "Mr. and Mrs. Oakes, how may I help you."

"Is there an organic restaurant nearby?" Heidi asked.

"There is. True Food Shop in Caesar's Palace. It's about a ten-minute walk."

"Perfect. Thank you," she replied.

She held his arm as they walked.

"Remember how hot it was last time we were here?" he asked.

"About a hundred-twenty in the shade. I like this much better."

"Me too. We still had a great time. What show was it we saw?"

"O, at the Bellagio. You fell asleep halfway through."

"Gimme a break. It was the late show and I lived two time zones over. I did wake up afterward."

"That you did. Wow, that was quite a night. It makes me wormy just thinking about it," she chuckled.

The restaurant was all organic. Heidi was thrilled. They got their food and sat in a quiet corner to talk.

"I need to tell you some things. Hopefully, you'll have a better understanding why I've always been so flighty." Dennis nodded. "When we first met, I was happier than I'd ever been in my life. Then the Air Force transferred me to California. I flew back a few times and we always picked up right where we left off. We were both seeing other people when we were apart. We had agreed on that. Then I got pregnant in California. I got out of the Air Force, had an abortion, and a week later showed up on your doorstep. You know about all that."

"I do."

"We had been together about a month when you asked me to marry you. I jumped at it. I was so much in love with you. The wedding was going to be in Houston. We were going to have a double wedding with Ron and my sister, Gretchen. We drove there from Illinois several days early. Mom loved you, but thought we were rushing things. Dad did too. The day before the wedding, I got cold feet and backed out. You were sweet about it but really hurt. You drove home alone, and I stayed in Houston."

"I remember."

"The day you got home, I called you and asked you to pick me up in Chicago the next day. I didn't want to be in Houston. I wanted to be with you. A month later we did get married. I was the happiest woman in the world."

"And I was the happiest man."

"I don't know if you knew, but your friends, Rick and Anne, hated me."

"I found that out after you'd gone."

"They both told me how happy and alive you were before I came and how I was dragging you down. Over the next couple of months, I started to believe them. When mom came to visit us, I told her about it. When she and I went to Detroit for dad's competition she convinced me that I should get out before investing more time into a relationship that was going to fail. I shouldn't have listened to any of them. I should have talked to you. The other thing I felt bad about was talking you into getting the vasectomy. I hated myself for getting that damned abortion, and at the time was convinced I never wanted kids. I didn't deserve them. Anyway, I packed up, and mom paid for my flight home. I never even said goodbye.

"Six months later the divorce petition showed up. I cried for days but signed it and sent it back. One thing that really hurt was when you had them give me back my maiden name. I may not have shown, it but I was proud to be your wife.

"About a year later you were transferred to Georgia. I was living with my brother in Atlanta. You and I had spoken a few times on the phone before your move. When you asked if you could see me on your way to Valdosta I was thrilled. You, Jeff, and I went camping at Altoona. I loved every minute of it. I thought I would die if I let you leave, so I packed a bag and went with you to Valdosta. We were happy. You, me, and Jeff were a family. Rick and Anne were gone, so I didn't have to live with their crap. I don't know what got up my mom's butt. She hounded me, and got dad, Ricky, and Gretchen in on it. Again, like a dumbass, I listened to them rather than talk to you, and left again.

"It was about a year and a half later that you called me from the bus station in Houston. Your friend Lee suspected you were headed my way and had called me. We both knew you had to go back and after a couple of days you did. You told me you were resigning your commission and that you wanted to be with me. We agreed you'd come to Houston.

"When I got out it only took them a week from the time I told them until I was a civilian. I expected it would be the same with you. It wasn't like that for an officer, but I didn't know that. I convinced myself you weren't serious. That's why I told you to forget it. A week later you had your car wreck. I didn't hear about that until you told me a couple of years later. If I had known, I would have been there for you. I really would have.

"You did finally get out and moved to Indiana. You had quit medicine and were running the portrait studios. I called you this time and came to visit. We spent a fantastic week together and I asked you to move to Houston to be with me. You gave up everything and showed up two weeks later.

"I hoped you'd get back into medicine and pushed you. I didn't know you'd quit from burnout. We'd never discussed why you quit. When you began as a photographer again, it pissed me off. I thought you just didn't want to be successful. At the time, successful to me was big paychecks, being happy wasn't success. I drove you away that time.

"Jeff and I had stayed in touch. We spoke on the phone about once a month, and he kept me up to date on what and how you were doing. It was a year or two later when you met Lori. Then Jeff told me you'd gotten married. I was glad you'd found someone. Does that fill in some blanks?"

"Yes. I wish I had known about Rick and Anne. They would have never stayed in my life. Heidi, I was happy. All I wanted was you."

"I was young then. Young, naive, stupid, and still heavily under the influence of my family. I'm older and wiser now."

"But we tried again four years ago and wound up with the same results. You left with no explanation."

"I was forced to leave."

"Oh Heidi, that's bull shit. If anything, I was begging you not to leave."

"It wasn't you that forced me. Remember me telling you about Pete?"

"Yes."

"After you and Lori married, my life went to hell. Not because of you, but because I made bad decisions again. I finished nursing school, but I ran up a lot of debts doing it. My car was on its last leg. I was living in a dump. Dad died. Mom and I weren't speaking. Everything sucked. I was doing home health and got Pete as a patient. We hit it off as friends. Never lovers, it wasn't like that. Pete offered me a job as his full-time caregiver. I would get a decent salary, a place to stay, and he would pay the bills. I saw it as a way out of my miserable life.

"At first, everything was fine. I took care of him, cooked, cleaned, everything except sleeping with him. I dated occasionally but not much. I wasn't allowed to have guests other than family at the house. To supplement my income, I worked online with an insurance company.