Lauren, Twelve

Story Info
Yes, they married.
2.3k words
4.59
4.5k
5
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lauren

Twelve

Lauren and I married. Last May. At Roger's lake front property.

Okay, I'll back up; In mid-February Lauren came home to announce Roger Essex had been seen in the building! No, she didn't. Well as far as she knew she didn't see him.

No, my talk didn't turn him around, but I understand his son flew in from California and read his dad the riot act. Apparently it took two days, but Roger finally heard what was being said to him.

Sometimes being friendly with the house keeper can be handy. No, I wasn't snooping. I ran into her at the grocery and she just told me all about it. She must have been holding it in for a couple weeks because it came out in a torrent and Sonia Loren never talks about what she sees or hears in the house.

I visited him at his office the next time I met with Natasha Kelly. God he looked so much more relaxed. He'd put a few pounds back on and greeted me with a smile. He even apologized for the last time at his house.

"Roger, you and Bill are the closest thing to family that I have now. To see you hurting, and knowing nothing I could say or do would ease that ... It brought back everything I went through at the funeral."

He started to interject but I held up my hand. "But I knew you had a layer of guilt that I didn't. And that only you could rise above it. I don't mean forgetting, just being able to function in a normal fashion again. I understand Jer came in from California to talk to you, did that help?"

"You know Jeremy, he's about as bull headed as anyone I've ever known. He came through that front door and announced we had to talk. Well mostly it was him the first day. He pretty much told me what you and everyone else has; that the plane accident was just that, an accident. My being on the plane or not couldn't have made a difference, except I'd be dead too. Then he said "Then not only would I not have a mother and a sister I wouldn't have a dad either. I'd be a fucking orphan. I don't want to be an orphan, but if you keep hiding in this house, you will give up and die here. Then where will I be?"

Roger turned and looked out his office window, probably at nothing since there's just another building out there.

"I thought a lot about what Jeremy said, and you, and Bill, and everyone else and realized I was hiding from my friends, my family, my business. But even more - myself.

So we talked all the next day. Jeremy let me just spew out everything I had been holding in these last years. I'm not ashamed to say I broke down and cried. And felt better afterward. So I dried my eyes, asked Mrs. Loren for a meal like I hadn't had in a long time. She makes a lasagne that is out of this world. Jeremy and I gorged on it."

"It makes sense that he would be the one to get you to open up. He's family."

"No, see, I realized Bill, and your dad, is like my brother. You are my nephew. Hell, you called me 'Uncle Roger' until you were about sixteen or so."

"I still do in my head."

"That's what I mean, I was rejecting the very people closest to me.

I've heard of survivors doing that because they fear losing others and push them away to avoid greater pain somewhere in the future."

"But then you have the pain in the now. And that's what I was doing, Going through the pain of losing everyone in the now. And Jeremy made me realize what i was doing and how my actions were impacting everyone."

~~~

So back to Lauren. In March I proposed to her. She laughed and asked what took so long.

"Well I didn't think I should have asked the day we met."

We were having coffee at "our" table in the little shop where we had first met. Funny, when ever one of us had something to discuss it was always suggested over coffee, and always at the one table.

That day she had beaten me there even though it had been my suggestion. The barista delivered just as I sat. "Recognize her?"

"No, not really."

"Well you should, maybe if you watched her walking away ..."

"You're just messing with me now."

"Her name is Jacylyn and she's a Junior in high school."

"Okayyy."

"That was the the butt and legs you were admiring when you rammed into my car."

"It was hardly a ram, more like a love tap. And how do you know it was her?"

"I've been coming here regularly when I need a quiet place to think, or just want a coffee while I read a book. Jayclyn and I have become acquainted. I thought she looked familiar and she said she had been walking out there. And she did admit to the tight shorts. You should know the ass you admired was fifteen years old. Jail Bait. I saved you Buster."

"Ahh, but I had only looked, never touched."

"Lucky for you. So we've been talking and she's interested in what I do, Para-legal, so she's looking for classes that would help her. She can't afford college, and doesn't have the grades for scholarships."

"What about grants and loans?"


"Her folks will never sign off on either."

"By the way, why did you want to meet?"

"I've been trying to think of a gentle way to say this ..."

"Now you are messing with me."


"if I hadn't been so rudely cut off ..."

"Well excuse me!"

"Where was I? Oh yes, I've been trying to find a gentle way of saying this ... Lauren Wilcox will you marry me?"

"First of all it took you long enough ..."

"I didn't think I should the day we met. But at least I'm doing it where we met."


"Okay, I'll give you that, And yes I will. But aren't you supposed to be on your knee offering a ring?"

"I want us to shop for the rings together. Then we'll talk about knees."

I did look over at Jacylyn as she passed our table. Even in jeans she had an ass to die for. If she were eighteen. And if I didn't already have Lauren and her perfect shape.

~~~

A week after my proposal and while we were at the jewelers I asked where she would like to be married.

"I would like it outdoors if possible. And simple. I don't want anything extravagant."

I knew just the place if the owner were willing.

The next day I sat in Roger Essex's office. I was actually more nervous than when I proposed. Roger came in from a client meeting. "I'm told you need to see me on something important. I hope it isn't criminal. I haven't done criminal in ages."

"God." I thought, "everybody's a comedian."

"No Roger, this is something good, and I need a favor.

I'm getting married and I was wondering if we can have the ceremony on your front lawn?"

"Married? That's great. Do I know the bride-to-be? Of course you can use my lawn. When were you thinking?"

"Lauren Wilcox. She works in the Family Law section. The third week of May. We don't want to bump into the Memorial Weekend."

"Roger turned to his desk, pushed a button; "Get me the file on a Lauren Wilcox in the Family section."

"You're checking on my fiancé?"

"As one of your father's best friends as well as legal representative, I feel I must look after your interests."

"Yeah no, Uncle Roger. I know Lauren."

"Well shouldn't we at least do a pre-nuptial agreement? you have a very substantial portfolio."

"Uncle Roger. A pre-nup was a life saver with Alicia, no doubt about it. But Lauren isn't Alicia. In no way, shape, or form. I won't do it. Besides, just about everything is tied up in trusts, annuities, and bond obligations. That's too much work for a gold digger. And she's no gold digger."

~~~

We had Ray and Chase and their wives over for dinner and told them our news.

Right away both wanted to know who would be Best Man. I pointed out they were equally best friends and had no idea how to pick one over the other.

Lauren suggest rock paper. They could settle it themselves. But before they could get started Lauren said she had an announcement of her own.

So we're gathered around the table, dishes not removed yet, waiting. Swear to god I didn't know what it was.

"There may be some speculation, hell, gossip, that I'm marrying John for his money. And yes it would be tempting given his approximate net worth, especially since John insisted we would not have a prenup." (I did not know she knew) She placed a manila folder on the table. "But, for my self esteem and to quash any talk, I have written my own document. Since John was not aware of this, and obviously hadn't signed off on it this is purely my declaration."

I tried to stop her saying this wasn't necessary, but she continued. "In a court of law some might argue this means nothing on it's face, that's why I'm going to ask you four to act as witnesses."

Essentially she declared no claim on anything of mine except what would be normal in a marriage. She made it more legalistic but really that's what it boiled down to.

~~~

When I showed her where I had in mind for the wedding she totally loved it, and when Roger came out Lauren kissed him on the cheek and thanked him. I swear Roger blushed.

Originally a farm house, it had been transformed into a simple yet elegant Craftsman style home. It faces out to the lake over a couple hundred feet of lawn shaped in a bit of a bowl. There is a boat house and a pier off to one side and a small beach beside it.

Right away Lauren is saying we could have the ceremony here, and the guests sitting there, and the caterer over there. I asked about a band, but she didn't want one. I suggested "At least a trumpeter to herald your arrival."

She slugged me. Hard. "So I guess that's a NO?"

She slugged me again.

~~~

After asking her to marry me picking rings was next on our agenda so we dropped into a small shop in the local strip mall.

Looking through the cases I'd say "how about this one, or that one" but she would just shake her head, and mutter something like "too flashy" or "not my style", then she saw a set - engagement, woman's band, and mans band. A simple set of gold with three small diamonds on the engagement ring and a single stone on the bands. This was the one.

~~~

Just like the rings, Lauren wanted to keep the ceremony simple, "Clean" she called it. And that's what we did.

The weekend before Labor Day we gathered on the lawn at Roger's house. We stood on a small stage, our backs to the water, the audience in chairs facing us. Since we aren't very religious we had a Unitarian minister do the vows. Chase was Best Man (rumor has it he wore Ray down by calling for more and more games), Maggie was Maid of Honor.

We started with the minister, Chase and I on the stage and Lauren and Maggie joining us.

She was in a kind of Apricot colored dress, her hair flowing around her. My heart went Thunk. I'm sure she wore makeup, I just don't remember. Come to think of it, that whole day feels wrapped in a very nice cloud.

I know Jonah Williams was there, Pretty sure most of the Zoccli were.

Lauren's folks were down from Everett. I'd met them several times over the past year. Really nice people. Her dad gave me the evil eye at first, but warmed up. Mom simply gushed over us.

After the ceremony there was a buffet style catering, everyone just treated it like a big picnic. The only thing missing was Jonah's barbecue, but he and his wife and kids were there and that was special to me.

I think it all went well.

Just before we left, Ray drove in with Lauren's Bronco. Light blue over dark blue interior.

Lauren let out such a scream everyone came running.


"Here's the deal," said Ray, "you still have to pay for parts, but all the labor is my wedding gift."

I'm not sure which meant more in that moment, the ring or the Bronco. But it's all good.

Lauren drove us out in the Bronco, The Cat went home with Ray.

~~~

We took Blue Moon to the islands for a week of honeymoon, Lauren seldom wore anything but a bikini bottom, and when she could, not even that.

I don't recommend making love on a bare wooden deck, it gives a whole new meaning to rug burn. But cockpit cushions can be moved. We made love all over that boat, from bow to stern. Standing, sitting, and laying. Morning, noon, and night. Sex under the stars is such a different experience; you have all the feelings of connection with your partner and then look up into the Universe. Awesome.

And no, we never did see a Fisheries Patrol the whole time.

~~~~~~

Post script. Not every story is fraught with drama, this one derived organically, much like many relationships; one little incident - good or bad - leading to the next.

Lauren and John are happily married. Danny is a Good Boy. And Lauren is expecting.