Lazin' on a Sunny Afternoon

Story Info
Unexpected pleasures on a summer afternoon.
7k words
4.74
28k
20
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: This is my submission for the Summer Lovin' Story Contest 2022 - a story inspired by the fantasies of some good friends.

I hope you enjoy the story. If you do, then please consider voting for it. Comments always welcomed.

***

A perfect day. One of those days when any doubts I had had about giving up on city life and moving out to the countryside evaporated with the first rays of the morning sun creeping round the curtains in the window of the cottage.

A slow morning drifted by in that special summer way. Coffee and toast taken out into the garden for a long breakfast soaking up the sun, a few household chores, answering a few emails, checking on the hot tub for later and a chat with a fellow collector about a problem on the 1951 XK120. As the sun reached its peak it found me walking across the hot dry fields and through the village to the Plough, intent on a beer and one of the excellent sandwiches for which Pam the landlady was famous.

The pub garden was quiet, even for a weekday lunchtime, and I took my pint to the cool back corner, one of the few places out of the glare of the sun, and settled myself at one of the tables under the dappled shade of an old apple tree. Just as Pam placed the daily menu on the table (I was sure leaning forward more than she needed to and giving me a glimpse of her curvy cleavage) I saw them come through the gate from the car park.

A good looking young couple, in their thirties I guessed, smiling, talking and holding hands. Their affection for each other was radiant and infectious, and immediately made me smile. I watched as Pam welcomed them and, though I couldn't hear their conversation, I figured out that they were asking about somewhere to sit out of the sun because Pam turned to one side and pointed to the table next to mine, then asked them what they wanted to drink and returned into the dark cool of the old inn. As they walked across the garden towards me I was captivated by the woman, and her short cotton sundress which flowed across her toned thighs and curved around her slightly swaying breasts. I suppose you could say I was being a typical dirty old man, ogling this young woman, but hoped my sunglasses had obscured my attention sufficiently to avoid offence.

"Do you mind if we join you?" she said, as they came closer, indicating the table next to mine with a wave of her hand.

"Of course not. We all need some shade today and it's lovely to have company. Your first time at the Plough?"

"Yes. We've been meaning to come for ages, and have driven past many times, but this morning we decided that today was the day." I watched her as she settled into her seat, her skirt swinging up and briefly exposing more skin before she quickly smoothed it down.

"Well I hope you enjoy it. Pam's food is famous around here. I'm Kris. Welcome to the village."

The man leaned over and extended a hand. "James", he smiled.

The young woman waved a friendly wave. "Hi! Caroline. Lovely to meet you"

Pam emerged from the pub with a tray of drinks, and menus tucked under her arm, ascended the couple of steps onto the lawn and came across the grass looking every inch the country pub landlady that she was. Sunlight glinted off the glasses as she placed them in front of my new companions, and threw coloured shards of light on the table as it refracted through Caroline's Pimm's.

She handed over the menus, and described the specials that were available that day, explaining that Steve, the chef, used quiet weekdays to try out some new, always delicious ideas on customers.

"What an amazing menu!" Caroline exclaimed.

"It's a pretty amazing place overall!", I agreed. "Pam took it over a few years ago when it was a bit run down but she has breathed new life into it. Steve was a great find - he's proved to be a hit with locals and visitors alike. I can recommend whatever he is trying out today - I have never had a bad meal here."

"Have you been here long?"

"I moved to the village about three years ago. Escaping the rat race of the city. I live just over that way, across the fields, just me, a peaceful cottage and a barn full of old cars."

As I mentioned the cars I sensed James's eyes light up, and saw a smile of familiar resigned acceptance creep onto Caroline's lips.

"Old cars?" James asked. "What do you have?"

"A fellow lover of expensive rust held together with shiny paint?" I laughed.

"Oh, don't get him started!" Caroline giggled, but I gave in to James's enthusiasm.

"Well hardly a vast collection, but I have an old XK120, a '57 Mk1 Sprite and my favourite, a 1958 Messerschmitt Bubble Car."

"Wow! How old is the Jaguar?"

"1951. Sadly, the engine is well past its prime, so I never push it these days, but it still sounds great."

"Roadworthy then?"

"Just about! I get all of them out for a spin when I can, especially in this weather - they are all soft tops."

As we chatted about engines and paintwork and spare parts I could see Caroline leaning back in her seat, her thin sundress stretched across her chest, and I almost lost the thread of our conversation as I idly wondered what she was wearing underneath on a hot summer's day like this.

My reverie was broken by Sally, Pam's pretty young waitress, coming across the lawn to take the young couple's food orders. They ordered two of Steve's specials, and I asked Sally for a sandwich and a bottle of dry white wine and some glasses. It was just the day for relaxing in the shade, with some good wine and the lucky company of this good-looking couple.

Lunch arrived and conversation flowed freely. We talked about village life and the countryside and walking in the hills and mountains. We discovered a common love of the Highlands and Islands and shared stories about abandoned glens and herds of red deer and fearsome midgies. The first bottle of wine slipped down easily and was followed by another. I was glancing over at Caroline as often as I thought I could get away with it, especially as she let the hem of her dress ride up above her knees revealing alluring skin and setting my imagination into overdrive.

As I poured the last drops of wine into our glasses James said, "I would love to see your cars some day!"

"Well why not today? It's not far, just a short walk across the fields and the river, and you would be very welcome."

I nipped into the pub to settle up with Pam and check that James and Caroline could leave their car in the car park. As I came back across the lawn I was intrigued to see a conspiratorial look on James and Caroline's faces, as if they had taken the opportunity of my absence to discuss something private and naughty.

We left the pub and walked along the pretty village street, before turning into a small country lane that ran down to the old ford by an ancient footbridge with the clear chalkstream water flowing underneath. We paused to watch the trout idly undulating in the shadows, and glimpsed the blue flash of a kingfisher flying away from us up the river.

From there the track went through the cool shade of a small birdsong filled beechwood and so to a path across the fields and up the hill to my cottage. We chatted as we walked, all of us relaxed and slightly tipsy with the wine, James and Caroline holding hands, and everything suffused with that perfect summer afternoon feeling of calm tranquillity.

As we reached the top of the field I saw James's hand slip from hers and gently caress the curve of her bum through the material of her dress. My hopes rose for an already pleasant afternoon getting even more interesting!

We turned the corner of the road and there was the house, looking its best, framed by trees in the hot afternoon sun. A quintessentially English thatched cottage - small windows, white walls, dark timber beams.

"Wow! That's gorgeous!" Caroline stopped in the road and took in the view.

"Thank you. I must admit I was incredibly lucky that it came on the market just when I was looking. I can't take any credit - that should go to some unknown builder 350 years ago who found the site and put up the original cottage. And the owners before me that landscaped the gardens and selected the plants. All I have to do these days is cut the grass and keep the weeds down. Let me show you around!"

I was actually immensely proud of the house that luck had placed in my path, and loved showing visitors all its old features and nooks and crannies.

We strolled up the narrow drive and I pointed out where the house had been extended in the 18th and 19th centuries. The drive led up to the old barn, where the open doors revealed the long racing green bonnet of the Jaguar and the quirky bug eyes of the Sprite. I could sense that James was instantly drawn to the old cars, and we wandered over that way. James ran his fingers over the glossy paintwork.

"May I?" he asked, pointing at the door handle of the Jaguar.

"Of course! We'll start her up in a bit. You'll have to come back another day for a drive. A little too much wine today I think!"

James slipped into the driving seat and sat there, absorbed with the dials and controls.

"Come on Caroline. Come and look at the garden." We sauntered away, leaving James to his fun, and took a tour of the secluded back garden.

"Ooh! A hot tub!"

"Yep. I enjoy relaxing out here, winter and summer!"

"Shame we didn't bring any costumes." she added innocently, but I could see the wine induced relaxation allowing a naughty thought to flit across her mind, and she glanced over to James who had just joined us. They exchanged a conspiratorial smile, which I pretended I hadn't seen.

"Come and see the inside, and I'll see what I can find to drink." I led them down the steps and through the solid back door, and indulged in the pleasure of showing off my home, with its old timbers and big fireplaces. We climbed the narrow staircase so they could see the upstairs rooms, and the view over the valley from the bedroom window. As they bent down to look through the low window I was rewarded with the sight of Caroline's bum, clearly outlined in the thin material of her dress. I thanked providence that I had tidied the bedroom and changed the sheets that morning before going out.

As we got to the kitchen I took a look in the fridge, and confirmed that there were two bottles of my favourite summer prosecco nicely chilled.

"What would you like to drink? We have some soft drinks, or I have this rather nice fizzy. Very light and perfect for a summer afternoon."

Caroline and James glanced at each other, and turned back to me.

"The fizzy sounds lovely!" Caroline decided, and I told them to go outside to the patio in the garden and I'd bring the drinks. As they wandered back through the house, I nipped upstairs and pulled on a clean t-shirt and a pair of shorts suitable for the hot tub. I wasn't sure where things might lead, but I wanted to be ready for whatever developed.

I loaded a large tray with a big jug of iced water, glasses and the wine in a cooler, and took it outside to find James and Caroline looking calm and relaxed, sat side by side on the sofa, her hand high on his thigh, fingers hidden in the gap between his legs.

I poured drinks and we toasted the summer and fast cars. Talk turned to holidays, and I admitted a penchant for naturist holidays in the sunshine, and that I took advantage of the secluded garden to indulge my propensity for nakedness on sunny days, either on the lawn or in the tub.

I watched as the idea sank into their minds, and the slow grins that crept across their faces.

"Well that sounds fun....." James started, none of us sure where this was going.

I decided that despite the risk of pushing things too far I should give them the option to take another step.

"Well if you wanted to indulge I can assure that there would be no objection from me."

Another glance between them, and that almost telepathic communication that only a loving close couple can have.

Caroline stood up. "OK then!" she smiled, and as we watched she kicked off her sandals, grasped the dress and lifted it off over her head, revealing a lacy white bra and matching knickers.

"Come on!" she scolded James, and with a shy grin and a glance at me, he pulled his shirt off, tossed it onto the bench and started to unbutton his shorts.

As he did that, Caroline reached behind her and unclipped her bra, shrugged it off and placed it on her dress. Then quickly bent, matter-of-factly pulling her lacy knickers down to her ankles and stepping out of them, leaving her perfectly naked.

James wasn't far behind, his shorts and briefs joining his shirt, and his thickening cock starting to rise with the frissons of excitement that were drifting around us all.

I must confess that for a moment I just stood and gawped, taking in the sight of this beautiful young couple standing naked in my garden.

Caroline, slim and toned, gorgeously round young breasts, nipples hardening under my gaze and the swirling erotic overtones. Below her flat stomach an exquisitely trimmed diamond of hair above smoothly shaved mound and lips. Long elegant legs and pretty, naked feet, grass between her toes.

James, equally fit and toned, Strong shoulders and arms, flat stomach, his girthy cock nestled in neatly trimmed hair.

After staring for a heartbeat too long a vague awkwardness descended, and to avoid prolonging the hesitant uncertainty of "now what?" that was hanging in the air I offered to go and get some towels, so that we could try the hot tub.

I walked down the small lawn back to the house, then upstairs to find some towels. As I passed the small landing window I glimpsed James and Caroline wandering the garden, relaxed in the sunshine and in their nakedness. I was sure they couldn't see me in the cool shade of the house, and I paused to watch them, relishing the sight of this beautiful and sexy young couple that fate had brought into my afternoon and my garden.

As they strolled I saw James's hand slide down her back to cup a cheek of her gorgeous bum. They stopped walking and Caroline turned and brought her face up to kiss James's lips. I watched her hand slide up his thigh and grasp his now fully erect member, and he pulled her close, both hands on her bum now, as their kiss turned more passionate. Pulling apart a little to make space, James brought his own hand round between Caroline's legs, cupping her with his fingers curled into the hidden depths, Caroline pushing against his palm as he slowly rocked it up and down against her.

I smiled, encouraged by their lack of modesty and embarrassment, and wondered where this all might lead. I could feel myself getting hard in my shorts, a fact that I knew would be obvious when I returned with the towels.

When I emerged from the house, they had returned to the garden sofa, James sitting with legs crossed, his arm lying across his lap unsuccessfully trying to conceal his hard thick cock. Caroline was more relaxed, blatant even, leaning back with her arms spread over the back of the seat, breasts open to the sunshine and to all viewers, nipples hard and legs spread enough for me to see her lips as I walked up the slope.

I was very aware of the obvious bulge in my shorts but pretty confident that it would cause no offence by now. As if to confirm my thoughts, James smiled and said, "Well someone's pleased to see you, Caroline!"

"Caroline is a beautiful woman. Of course I am pleased to see her! Now - hot tub? Can you bring the glasses over? I'll go and get another bottle."

I led the way across the garden to the hot tub in the top corner. Before I installed the tub I had carefully chosen this spot - still secluded from prying eyes, but high enough to see over the roof of the cottage and across to the hills and fields beyond. I had spent many a long evening there, enjoying a drink and soaking up the view of the countryside or the stars twinkling in the dark skies. I pulled the cover off and tested the water. Perfect for a summer's day. Warm enough to be comfortable but cool enough to take the heat off the hot summer sunshine. I switched on the bubbles and stood to one side to let James and Caroline climb into the warm water, before returning to the kitchen for another bottle of prosecco.

As I came back up to the garden Caroline and James were in the hot tub, bodies mainly hidden by the bubbly water. I opened the bottle and was topping up our glasses when I saw Caroline looking me up and down, with a sparkle in her eyes, and she glanced over at James.

"Caroline thinks that it seems a bit unfair on you that you are still dressed."

"I suppose it does. In that case...." I finished pouring then pulled off my t-shirt, put my thumbs into the waist of my shorts and pushed them down my legs and stepped out of them. My semi hard cock bounced forward as it was released and I could see my young visitors' eyes on me. I try to keep fit with running and exercising and a bit of yoga, but I was very aware of the difference in our ages.

"That's better!" Caroline smiled, her eyes not moving from my cock as I climbed in to sit opposite them.

The water felt divine, the bubbles tickling and pummelling me as I settled onto the seat. Caroline and James were breast deep, Caroline's hard nipples just visible above the surface of the water. The bubbles concealed what was going on beneath the surface, but the look on James's face suggested that Caroline's hand was busy holding and stroking him. He leaned his head back against the top of the tub and closed his eyes, intense satisfaction suffusing his being.

I knew that the bubble jets were on a timer that cycled through levels of intensity, and my years of experience told me that the next change would switch the jets off and the bubbles would rapidly dissipate revealing everything below the water level. As predicted the moment came, and as the water cleared, I could see Caroline withdrawing her hand from James's rigid cock. James's hand stayed in place, buried deep between Caroline's thighs, the side of his palm against her clit.

I smiled, and again took a risk that I was pushing things too far. "Oh I don't think there is any need to stop what you were doing, Caroline. I think James was enjoying it."

My worries proved unnecessary and with a coy smile Caroline returned her hand and I watched through the water as her fingers wrapped themselves around James's hard rod, and started a slow gentle stroking. Perhaps emboldened by my encouragement, she slid off the seat and half turned towards him, her other hand slipping under and holding his balls. James's hand came up and cupped and stroked her breast, hanging weightless in the water.

I was afforded the most gorgeous close-up underwater view of the curves of her bum and her shapely thighs, and I pondered reaching out and stroking the skin she had placed within easy touchable strokable reach.

"Not yet, Kris. Soon, but not yet." went through my mind, and I absorbed myself in the sensual erotic scene being played out in front of me - this beautiful young couple, finely attuned to each other's bodies and needs, revelling in the warmth and sunshine, and putting on a show for me.

My fingers found my own hard cock and gently stroked. Nothing too fast and hard. No need to hurry - this was going to be a long game.

"You know", I suggested, "I think James would actually like your lips on him as well as your fingers." Again I may have been pushing my luck, but this young couple seemed to be enjoying me making suggestions. And again I was rewarded with smiles as James lifted himself from the water and sat on the side of the tub, his knees apart and his hard cock dripping water and bobbing in the sunshine.

Caroline floated round in front of him, still in the water, her face between his legs looking up at him with a hungry smile on her face. Raising her head she extended her tongue and used the tip to tease the bottom of his balls, and then, with a practised motion, slid the flat of her tongue up the underside of his shaft. I watched as James threw his head back and quietly exhaled. Caroline repeated the action, sliding her tongue slowly up and down his rigid cock, expertly pleasuring her man, knowing what he liked, combining the familiar erotic sensations with the novelty of sunshine and a country garden, and a mature onlooker. Or maybe by now I was becoming a master of ceremonies, a director, leading my cast of two in an increasing erotic tale, whose ending none of us yet knew.

12