All Comments on 'Leah's Bondage Ch. 09-10'

by PassionStJohn

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Please

Please let Carlton get Leah back. Its obvious he loves her and she him. Keep up the great writing.

AriosoAriosoalmost 20 years ago
The hazards of hasty writing

There are some tried-and-true crowd pleasers as far as plot twists go here: Raymond's manipulation of bank accounts, the humiliation of the cartoonishly cruel female trainer (I sense a Cinderella theme guiding the narrative), and the hopeful ending about Leah's imminent release.

Alas, it seems to have come at the expense of character development, which is sorely disappointing. The new Domme Alexis and her twin trainers are indeed caricatures of the wicked stepmother and Cinderella's stepsisters. Carlton's inability to see what Raymond did differently with Ming is, quite frankly, not believable. Especially since in your previous installment, you had him notice, explicitly, how unexpected and different it was that Raymond had first offered Ming her freedom. This is a serious slip in continuity between one chapter and the next -- or did his bout of overdrinking give him short-term amnesia? Granted, you may have written him to be so stubborn that he refuses to see the relevance of Raymond's offer of freedom to his relationship with Ming, but I just can't buy the idea that Carlton has NO clue what Raymond has done differently. It's disingenuous to have a character be so blatantly struck by the behavior of another character in one chapter, and then pretend to have him "forget" the remarkable thing that other character did in the very next chapter.

And I'm baffled by the definition of "love" that Leah seems to be working with. Does love = whoever beats you less? I haven't seen any convincing character progression from a woman who had a sense of self-worth and valued her own freedom enough to try to escape her unwanted and unsought imprisonment multiple times, to someone who would equate "love" with whomever happened to be the lesser of two evils. Do we come to love other people who beat us and degrade us simply by discovering that they're "not as bad" as someone else who beats harder and degrades even more cruelly? No matter how extremely Alexis is exaggerated to seem like a really, REALLY rotten owner, this convenient plot device doesn't work to make Carlton seem like a good guy by comparison. Nothing has yet happened to change the fact that his entire relationship with Leah was non-consensual, and that it was this lack of consent that hurt her the most. I seem to have missed the transition from Leah tolerating Carlton's caresses and touches because she had no choice (the description he himself utilized -- a pet that tolerated being pet because it had no choice), to her developing a believable, solidly-grounded emotional commitment to him. Her "revelation" is indeed that -- an abrupt shift in thinking that hasn't been predicated on any recognizable character progression.

I guess this is just one story I shouldn't read -- your intended audience must have a far different mindset from mine. May they give you more of the feedback you want than I can.

kimber2086kimber2086almost 20 years ago
Enjoyable to read

Well true to your word, this was much better than the last. I hope your next chapter isn't too far off!! This was nice to read and also entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Raymond, we love you ! ! !

We left a comment to the author that Leah gains her freedom and goes to Raymond and Ming. Carlton ask what Raymond does to make Ming so happy that he did not with Leah. First, Raymond treated Ming as an equal and another human being. Second, he gave Ming her freedom. We hope that Alexis is financially boken and Leah gains her freedom and returns to Raymond and Ming. Carlton had his chance. We hope Raymond offers Leah her freedom, as he did to Ming, and she accepts it and returns to New York City. xxx to Raymond

Laura & Lisa bi sisters @ CU

cariScariSalmost 20 years ago
LOVE IT

The very last part of your story was so touching. I hope that Carlton gets his chance. I am sure you are very busy with other things but please hurry up with the next installment!!! I come back to check everyday for a new chapter. Keep up the wonderful work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Brilliant

I love this story. I think its brilliant. I hope the next installment is coming soon. Please keep writting for us.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
awesome

i think iv'e finnaly met someone whose brain is as twistedly good at schemeing as me. i just hope that for your enemys sake you arent the vengeful type. this is defentily one of the better stories i have read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
:D

I which you could write faster, its cruel to leave us in suspense!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
just rewards

That SOB Carlton is getting just what he deserves. He is a sorry son of a bitch and doesn't deserve any woman's love and respect, much less an innocents like Leah's. I hope Raymond is successful in getting her away from Alexis, sets her free, and she turns Carlton in as a slave trader. It would serve him right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Torn between wanting it now and wanting it edited.

Your storyline is riveting. Your editing skills need honing. You may lose your car keys. Your clothing may be loose. Grammar check would be a advisable. I know, I know. You are totally involved in the story and have so many readers begging for the next installment. It's a difficult balance and I'm not helping because I am hungry for the next chapter(s). I have read the comments of others and find some validity there. I am engaged by the story, but muddled by Carlton's character. How long until he grasps that Leah is more than property to him? Surely he is close to that realization. Has Leah discovered her love for Carlton as a result of his tenderness during her recovery period? I do not believe that Leah belongs with Raymond and Ming. That would be overly complicated given that Raymond is in Carlton's employee. I want Carlton to understand that he loves Leah. Leah's love for Carlton needs to be proved. Alexis needs an attitude adjustment (I love Raymond's deceitfulness). The Bobsey Bitches need taken down a few pegs, the one who isn't a slave now, that is. You write with incredible passion and imagination. Take your time. We'll be waiting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Response to Arioso's Comments

I have been reading the comments at the end of each chapter and I'm bothered a bit by some people's reactions. As it has been posted in chapters it makes it more difficult to understand the writer's intent and direction. You can't make a guess as to the contents of a chapter because it might be necessary to set up something for a later chapter which can't be predicted. Also this story is evolving from the beginning and a direction changes between chapters. I think Passion St. John has done a wonderful job of trying to address all of the changes as they have been happening.

Passion St. John has done a wonderful job of working the main characters to be likeable (for the most part) and to make you want to hope and wish for all of them to find their happy ending (or something close to it). But comments like the one's I'm responding to make me wonder if I'm reading the same work or not. I wonder if it has more to do with the persons distaste for the content and less to do with the writing.

I have even found myself commenting on her writing but I was at least careful to think through what I was saying, re-read the relevant parts and send the message personal rather than bashing her writing out in the open.

That being said I found it necessary to address some of the coments from another reader.

For Arioso:::

***Carlton's inability to see what Raymond did differently with Ming is, quite frankly, not believable.***

Carlton's behaviour makes sense. Up to this point he has seen Leah as being nothing but a pet. Something of little intellegence and for his own use. (think of how a person normally views a cat or dog) To suggest that he would understand her desire for freedom is unrealistic. He has to go through a natural progression from seeing her as a pet to seeing her as a person. Till then his attitude will not change.

*** Especially since in your previous installment, you had him notice, explicitly, how unexpected and different it was that Raymond had first offered Ming her freedom. ***

I think you missunderstood. That Carlton didn't see it as necessarily being a good thing as much as an anomolly. He couldn't see that this would be the difference if he couldn't relate to Ming's desire for it. Carlton may see it as being remarkable but not something that necessarily should be done. You have to remember that he has been trained from birth but a family tradition to keep slaves. They aren't human to him just pets.

***And I'm baffled by the definition of "love" that Leah seems to be working with. Does love = whoever beats you less?***

This is a rash and quick response comment. Leah would most likely be suffering from some form of Stockholm syndrom. She would see herself as being in love with Carlton (whether she is or not is irrelivent at this point). It has nothing to do with Alexis and her treatment of Leah. She was making this progressing at the end of part seven and during eight. She is seeing him as being someone safe and predictable. It's a complex syndrom and can't be explained fully here, but never the less it makes sense and is wholy appropriate to the storyline.

I would suggest to anyone who wishes to send a crtique that they should sit back and wait for the first "emotional" reaction to pass and then work on their review. You would be more likely to give helpful feedback that way.

Keep writing Passion. You do have fans who are waiting and would love to see what you came up with next.

Blessings, Lady BW

princessdaisyprincessdaisyalmost 20 years ago
i love this story!

I loved this story and I am anxiously awaiting your next installment. I hope that Carlton sees the errors of his ways,please hurry I can't wait to continue reading more!

DryhillDryhillover 12 years ago
A REALLY GREAT STORY

i think some people fail to understand the power of the human mind. Leah/rabbit had a strict christain upbrining and has learnt, over a year, how wonderful sex can be from Master. In the original hostage situation in Stockholm (Sweden) the captives were only held for six days and yet some would not testify against their captors. So here we have Leah/rabbit recweiving pleasure and held captive for over a year so it is no wonder that she now loves Master. Master on the other hand has been raised by his father (no mention of a mother so one assumes she was just another passing slave)beingf instructed NOT to get emotionally involved with a slave. It would probably take years of very expensive therepy for Him to ever show His true emotions.

i hope that Raymond succeeds in purchasing Leah/rabbit and r sets her free while helping her find a consensual Master/slave relationship. Of course for a truly happy ending Raymond and Leah go to the police about all the entire slave trade that they know of. Of course that is all upto our talented author.

EuphoriaSlam69EuphoriaSlam69almost 10 years ago
Carlton is so very undeserving

He doesn't deserve another chance with Leah. He didn't deserve her at all

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous