All Comments on 'Lensky's Aria'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
MoondogAUMoondogAUalmost 8 years ago
Romantic but brief...

Thank you, and nice to see your work again Oggbashan. I hope that your must visits regularly, that we might enjoy more of your writings.

dani_lrlmdani_lrlmalmost 8 years ago
Thank you

For a few minutes of pleasure

RubiaLaFayeRubiaLaFayealmost 8 years ago
Intelligent story

Knowing the aria I was curious what the story would add. Thanks for the good read.

RubiaLaFayeRubiaLaFayealmost 8 years ago
Now to wait for the retelling of La Traviata

Although Lucia Di Lammermoor would work too. Thanks for the nice private message. I am afraid I have no clue how to answer that one.

MagicaPracticaMagicaPracticaalmost 8 years ago
Lovely

The voice and characterization made it a simply lovely story.

Tio_NarratoreTio_Narratorealmost 8 years ago
very nice

A very enjoyable romance, Og. The brevity is good - just about as long to read as to hear an aria in one's mind. I'd have liked a little more of Major Simon's character to ease the unexpected, but that's me, not you. Thanks again for the read.

SouthPacificSouthPacificalmost 8 years ago
Vauxhall Gardens a hotbed of sin?

A nice little story, with the ending that one hoped for. However, although there were plenty of places in Regency London where a woman should not go, I never thought that Vauxhall Gardens would be one of them. Although the company that Emily supposedly kept may have been inappropriate, Georgette Heyer would be mortified to read that one of her favourite romantic settings should be so besmirched.

As for the duel itself, they must have been very brave (or foolish) to stage it within London itself, rather than going out to somewhere like Richmond.

Rickman48Rickman48over 6 years ago
Well played

As a competitive fencer and fencing instructor one of my students often mentioned that in sale d’arms in Europe one also had the opportunity to practice with pistols. They were essentially single shot paint guns with short barrels but allowed the practice of pistolry for the duel. Touching story and true to the code duello and life at that time for the Gentry.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...