All Comments on 'Leofric and Godiva Pt. 07 - Finale'

by LingeringAfterthought

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed the series. I thought it was a good blend of history and a good story. I liked the interaction of the the two main characters. I liked the story idea of the two sides to Godgifu. It made me go back and read more about Lady Godiva.

The addition of the king and queen Emma are a great remagining of the story. I thought the humor in the last chapter was fun and made me like the characters more.

My only negative is you lost me with the ending, I get that it matches the actual legend and is to saves the town from taxes, But what happens to our main characters?

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtabout 1 year agoAuthor

Anonymous - Thanks for the comment! What happens to our main characters... good question.

In my numerous imaginings of the ending (which is why it took so darn long to finish this!) I had Cnut talking Thorstein into creating a knar that had more space (calling them "spaceships") and giving people tours of the river and "pillaging" the various towns along the way for cheap replicas of their precious relics. The business was called "Viking River Tours."

Sir Hulgar, now that his mistress was married and cared-for, was put in charge of collecting taxes from the various towns... and his first stop was Torksey to enlist a hoard of bored Vikings to assist him in his efforts. The Vikings found that the skills from their previous career translated well into tax collection.

Frederic grew in years and wisdom, rising to a high position in King Cnut's court and helping to bring about a long and prosperous reign.

Emma officially documented the reign of Cnut the Great, among other less-known writings, and together they had a very long and happy marriage, frequently visiting their good friends in Coventry.

Finally, upon the discovery that, in England, valid marriages could not be performed by an officiant who had killed a person, another ceremony was hastily held in the church in Coventry, shortly before the birth of Leofric and Godgifu's first child.

Rumors and legends of the disreputable Lady Godiva were told throughout Mercia for years, growing wilder and more outlandish with each telling. When asked, Earl Leofric of Twywell affirmed the veracity of each and every one, recounting her capture as one of his greatest achievements.

Hugo999Hugo9997 months ago

A great read. ... very enjoyable

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLingeringAfterthought@LingeringAfterthought
04/08/24 - Still alive, writing and doing stuff. Had one of those stretches where stories are spinning on my head, but life didn't let me write. Now, I'm working on a new story for Geek Pride... if they're having Geek Pride this year. Karen Saves the Universe: Aliens kidna...

SIMILAR Stories