All Comments on 'Leofric and Godiva'

by LingeringAfterthought

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Note: This is stand-alone, but I intended it to be longer, extending all the way to Lady Godiva's infamous ride down the streets of Coventry, but the Nude Day 2021 contest seemed to come out of nowhere and I couldn't get all of it done in time. So, yes, I gave you another meet-cute and dangling ending, but I swear I'm not doing this on purpose out of evil intentions. The evil here is pure accident.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Is it me, or does this story CRY FOR COMPLETION!?!?

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Anonymous: my apologies! I am continuing the story and I will be continuing the tales of Leofric and Godiva to their completion. I just needed to get this out in time for the Nude Day 2021 thing. Maybe I missed a notice, but I feel like I only got a couple weeks to go from nothing to a completed story - and boy, these were the wrong two weeks. More Leofric and Godiva will be coming!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

And how hath thou subjected us thy loyal readers to such evil as this cute and dangling ending! Evil however be it accidental or not doth still remain as evil. Nonetheless this story doth assuredly deserve 5 stars and should a sequel appear, there must needs be more stars added.

Good story line, tension, character development. Really well-done. Thank you! (And psst. Please consider adding another chapter or two.)

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Prithee, fair commenter of unknown name, of thy countenance I am unworthy! I am at your service, and additional chapters shall be my divine quest!

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4ualmost 3 years ago

The wench needs to feel his lance again and again

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtalmost 3 years agoAuthor

The wench doth agree with you, I daresay, Knave Andrew!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 3 years ago

Hail, good author, I cometh hence from the ND contest. Great fun warranteth five stars for this tale of delight. The ending, as ye others have opined, didst arrive with great haste and, yea, though the revelation was not unexpected, a smile still doth grace this reader’s face from Sir Leofric’s quest and the surprise that awaiteth him.

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Hail Crossfire of the Southern Shire! The contest of the Nude Day hast brought many a reader to these strange shores. For thy short missive, I am grateful! Sir Leofric shall find his quest more worthy in Leofric & Godiva Part 2, forthwith!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

An enjoyable tale, well written, and it (sadly) couldn’t have been less accurate historically if you’d included spaceships.

Oh well. It remains an enjoyable tale, well written.

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you Anonymous Historian! I honestly tried researching, but I have terrible resources on the Anglo-Saxon period (much less the whole Cnute, Godiva, Leofric history), so I'm filling in the blanks with some Medieval practices and then spreading a thick layer of fiction over the whole mess. I'm glad it's enjoyable, if it won't be included in any textbooks - wouldn't that make for a popular class?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLingeringAfterthought@LingeringAfterthought
04/08/24 - Still alive, writing and doing stuff. Had one of those stretches where stories are spinning on my head, but life didn't let me write. Now, I'm working on a new story for Geek Pride... if they're having Geek Pride this year. Karen Saves the Universe: Aliens kidna...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES