All Comments on 'Lessons for Alice'

by shakna

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
TheSecretBunnyTheSecretBunnyalmost 2 years ago
This was a

Well written story, I would have liked her to get some education. But that I suppose is hopefully happening off camera so to speak..

ShandiinAngelShandiinAngelalmost 2 years ago

Thank you for this story. The description of the cult is frighteningly spot on. And I appreciate the attention to detail in the aftermath of escaping. The sobering part of the story is the reality of such "cults" masquerading as "organized religion", accepted in the mainstream, and the subsequent wreckage of those left in their wake. 5 stars seems a paltry offering for such a well crafted story. Very well done.

dwoelfledwoelflealmost 2 years ago

Wow. Good job on a touchy and difficult subject. Well done. Thank you for sharing.

WolfenherzWolfenherzalmost 2 years ago

Such a nice story, thank you

ScottishTexanScottishTexanalmost 2 years ago

I loved the story and I gave it a 5/5. But I have to be honest with you about Sophie. I didn't find her character to be believable at all. When it comes to people who are attracted to a cult movement, they tend to be all in or all out. They're attracted to the cult in the beginning because they are trying to find something that is missing from their own life. As such, they are going to be fully engaged if the agenda matches their own desires.

With Sophie being characterized as a borderline Feminazi, she would never have gravitated in their direction no matter what lies or smooth talking they used on her. She may have been searching for something missing in her life that made her check them out, but once she knew more about them she would have rejected them. She catered to Alice with the ear piercing and other things first, so informing on her afterwards just doesn't make any sense at all from my perspective.

Otherwise it was a fantastic story.

BruceWoBruceWoalmost 2 years ago

Very nice but teenage pregnancy is never my thing. Maybe Sophie should have started her on the pill that first day.

shaknashaknaalmost 2 years agoAuthor

@TheSecretBunny - Don't worry, Both Sophie and Luca made a point of wanting to get Alice to uni, at some point. Her horizons will grow - when she's ready for it.

wheelman53wheelman53almost 2 years ago

Great story please continue with a part 2.

skippersdadskippersdadalmost 2 years ago

liked it, like all your stories it is good.

Sune2022Sune2022almost 2 years ago

that was great. I love long sappy love stories and that one is top-notch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Seems a shame to give a story with this little great erotic sex five stars, but, there you have it...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It can be a challenge to deal with a topic like deprogramming but the author did a good job at portraying the characters in a believable and heartwarming way. Also, I enjoyed the faith elements of the tale. 5/5

ChiefdefenderChiefdefenderalmost 2 years ago

This was one of the cutest goddamn stories ever I've read on this site. It feels weird to say that. Oh well, very nice job.

ImonlyhalfnutsImonlyhalfnutsalmost 2 years ago

And we can hope there is more soon. Very nice story.

Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I really like the premise of the story... but your words/grammer didn't make a lot of since to me.

SomeDamnedDudeSomeDamnedDudealmost 2 years ago

5/5 I really liked it. The couple seems like they will be together until death and beyond. Some of the sentence structure seemed a bit odd to me being from the other side of the world and all, but gaol just caught me by surprise, I'm all but sure it is jail in Aussie as context would suggest.

msa6572msa6572almost 2 years ago

you have an amazing talent for this. wow

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

If you post something anonymously, you're not doing anyone else any good. That being said:

-

Anonymous about 2 months ago

I really like the premise of the story... but your words/grammer didn't make a lot of since to me.

-

His words and grammar make perfect sense when you take into account that the author is Australian and still lives there. There's absolutely nothing wrong with his grammar. He's also my friend.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

5/5. You wrote a romance story, not sure it is even really incest. For sure it is a romance! Thanks for this.

abiostudent3abiostudent3over 1 year ago

Well, that was adorable. I'm sorry it's something you have personal experience with, though, and I hope your story had as good an ending as this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What am I missing? On your bio you say "my friend's an alien (requires a copy of "lessons for Alice") is in the "my sister/brother's a-" chronology. But I can't find a story of that name, and reading this didn't enlighten me. Help?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Okay, so I skimmed, and now I'm reading it fully, at first because I thought I might've missed something, and now because I'm hooked. But I have a question...Sophie hates men. So WTF is/was she thinking about joining a cult that explicitly indoctrinates its members into patriarchal, harem norms?

Also... "No, Luca! I can't!" as she goes in the hotel room? (After Sophie distracted the cult guys in the car) Can't what?

shaknashaknaover 1 year agoAuthor

@anon - Try popping by the Smashwords page, linked there.

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

I bought "Lessons for Alice" for a dollar (I'm on a tight budget these days, but I had it on a prepaid card and felt bad typing 0.00) but...I'm not seeing a difference? I screwed up, didn't I. I looked for a book named "my friend is an alien" but found nothing...

Finally got the sign-in thing figured out! I'm anubelore, lol. Different device, sry.

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

Oh... wait. I just searched the book for "alien". I think I've figured it out, if I can figure out how the page works... there's a "sister" version? (Checking) nope! Heh. Hope I'm doing this right.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Absolutely loved it !! As a Christian I love how the main character articulated that there is a difference between a crazy cult and the religion as a whole. I love every story of yours that I have read because while I might be different than the main characters I can still emotionally connect to story, a example being this story how I’m a Christian and luc isn’t . Yet I can still identify with the selfless nature of luc in his quest to help his cousin rebuild her life and understand the modern world

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usershakna@shakna
My favourite writings are my fantasy-world settings, my followers adore my forbidden romances. There's a few things to find here. It's always fun to hear from a fan, and who knows... You might inspire me to write something. I try and respond to every email, but you may have t...

SIMILAR Stories