All Comments on 'Lessons Learned'

by PennLady

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
MugsyBMugsyBalmost 11 years ago
Glad to see it posted!

But then, good things (and great!) come to those who wait. I enjoyed this, even if it's not my usual genre. Hey, all authors need to branch out once in a while. :) I liked the back and forth feelings Iris experienced and how she really didn't know how to ask for what she wanted. Great story and I look forward to seeing you branch out again!

MugsyBMugsyBalmost 11 years ago
HAHA!

Dammit! And now I'm going to have that freakin' song in my head all damn day! Thank you very much, PL. ;-)

MSTarotMSTarotalmost 11 years ago
Bows humbly to a skill far greater than my own

That was absolutely beautiful. Wonderful story, that seemed like something you could see happen so very easily. Their both the kind of people you have and know in real live.

I like how you got around having to give any back story on one character by having her not want to talk about her past. I had not thought about that but it's so simple an idea.

When I leave a comment I always try to give a critique if I saw anything that would have made the story better. The only thing about this one that caught me was I got a little name overwhelmed at the first. After that it was a smooth to read, beautiful story.

Very, very nice.

lovecraft68lovecraft68almost 11 years ago
Fantastic

As always your writing is damn near perfect. The story itself was hot and I love the conflict. The love/hate relationship was done well. I enjoy stories featuring "I should tell them to screw, but oh, I want them so bad!" and this showed up nicely here.

Another great tale from one of Lits finest

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

has she learned her lesson ??

I am not sure - she doesn't entirely sound like it

stevieraygovanstevieraygovanalmost 11 years ago
I always did want annanova to write a girl-girl piece, and this is probably about how it would go.

Which is to say, it's excellent. What a nice change from the usual lipstick lesbian clichés we usually see here. The maturity in this one made for a welcome departure and a solid read.

And check it out! No hockey players! :-)

annanovaannanovaalmost 11 years ago
Oh fantastic!

Haven't we all had a relationship like this at one time or another? We've all been with that person who made us hotter than a sidewalk in Texas, but... the red flags come up at some point. Sometimes we heed them, sometimes we don't, and hopefully we eventually learn from the times we don't listen.

I really enjoyed your story, as usual, PL. Not a bit of it felt forced or out of place. Congratulations on successfully pushing yourself. :)

PacoFearPacoFearalmost 11 years ago
Le Etude de PennLady

Yeah, I said it: etude.

etude: (a French word meaning study) an instrumental musical composition, usually short, of considerable difficulty, and designed to provide practice material for perfecting a particular musical skill.

Seriously, when smut-writing becomes a college class, they're going to use this as a case study on how to do it right. This is clean, economical, effortless, and natural. Darn steamy too. I love and envy you, PL, in precisely the way you describe: "in equal measure."

Cheers,

-PF

PacoFearPacoFearalmost 11 years ago
Yeah, my French stinks

My wife informs me that it should be "l'etude" not "le etude." Just trying to get this in here before y'all have at me. :p

PennLadyPennLadyalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Not only that...

...but it should be "étude." ;) Last I checked, anyway, but it's been ages since I took French.

PacoFearPacoFearalmost 11 years ago
Rats!

Outsmarted again. I studied useful languages like Spanish and, um, Latin. Okay, even I started chuckling at the end there. I will Frenchify no more.

joelafayettejoelafayettealmost 11 years ago
write more in this genre

I don't know exactly what to say. I can sense I am in the presence of greatness here. I know that was good. Yet, the reality of that relationship was a bit of a downer, just like my penis was by the end of it. And I can just picture you chastising me for the crude reference right now! But you get my point. You peaked in the middle of the story in terms of reader arousal. But you peaked pretty high before the fall. I appreciate your writing and look forward to the next one, hopefully involving a woman kissing another woman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Still not my cup of tea...

BUT, I like the way it's written. I like the changes. I see you even changed the title too. Interesting! :)

Jim44444Jim44444almost 11 years ago
Very good

Extremely well written. I do not normally read lesbian stories but make an exception when they are written by a great author. I enjoyed the human element of this tale, it was not just about body parts fitting together. Thanks for writing.

Sammael BardSammael Bardabout 9 years ago
Fun to read...

Rarely do I get to read a lesbian story having an on-off relationship. This was a fun read for me. Despite its shortness, you've successfully managed to flesh out the main characters; Iris and Lia. A really good job on that front!

Thanks for sharing. :)

Bard.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPennLady@PennLady
7/5/21: My story "Altering the Plans" has started posting. Content warning: this story features a main character who leaves an abusive relationship, and whose ex engages in harassment post breakup. I would characterize it, in terms of storytelling, as "mild", although I realiz...

story TAGS