All Comments on 'Let Go'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 847 Comments (Page 6)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was a wonderful story. Only the grammar caused some frustrating reading. Using he and I in the same sentence for the same person needs to be corrected.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good story but loses points on the bad grammar, as others have pointed out. And the author mentions that it was edited by someone he considers great. He needs to reconsider that. Short of the original version being much worse than the final product, his “great” editor didn’t even bother reading the story, let alone putting in any effort to edit it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The bad grammar got to me/my/our/their by the end of page 4. Third grade teachers would be appalled. Hope it ended well. I've gone off to other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The grammar is atrocious (“HE succumbed to MY lawyer's pleas”), and the story is ridiculous (like you know nothing at all about how large companies run).

nyteramblernyteramblerabout 3 years ago

Would swear I read this before but read it all the way thru and liked it and glad it was on this site even if others don't think so. Good job

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I so wanted to drop this story like a hot potato , you warned us it would be long and wasn’t full of sex , long - not much sex - no no no ! Problem came when I actually started reading , then I couldn’t put it down ! A real page turner and well written. This story is The Great Gatsby of porn !

schulz777schulz777about 3 years ago

Love that story. 6 starrs

Radmatt0352Radmatt0352about 3 years ago

I really like the story. A few issues with spelling, but that is bound to happen. For some reason I feel it did not end well. You mention Dave's dream about the faceless woman, but do not return to it. Why would he give up that house and land where he has his hobbies? (Just speaking from experience) It is still a good piece of work.

BeauReadyBeauReadyabout 3 years ago

Maudelin, trite, boring, fairy tale, fundamentalist orientation, sexless. No place for this drivel in Literotica.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

It's definitely one of my favourite stories in this category just for the feels, even though the firing itself never comes across as totally plausible. Dave's numbers were deliberately low for a reason, the clients are aware of this, the higher-ups already have an inkling as to his long-term plans for their production, but somehow the division head is out of the loop and axes him without due process? I know the story is that Adler manipulated her, but how far can you take that before her competence is seriously called into question? Still, made for a good resurrection story.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
@aniny 3/14/22 — Redneck

I haven’t looked at the passages you quote, but if they are within quotes, i.e. character dialog, then they could have the most atrocious grammar in the world, but you have to assume that’s the way the author wants them to speak/sound. Sure, misspellings are bad, but grammar and type of speech are part of the character. Imagine a Welsh mechanic written with the proper speech of a prep school and Harvard educated Connecticut American. Doesn’t work, does it?

Now, spelling and grammar of the 3rd person narrator/observer... well, I guess that’s part of the 3rd person’s character, as long as it’s a human true narration. If it’s the third person-God narrating... I’d hope God had perfect grammar, and hold them to a higher standard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
loved most of it...gave it three stars

lots of typos, misplaced pronouns...

author should look up meanings of complimentary vs complementary...not normally interchangeable.

¨join my husband and i¨ means ¨join my husband¨ and ¨join i. you´d never say THAT, would you? you write this all the time

I could care less about the rest means the opposite of what you mean. look it up

I have enjoyed the friendship of he and his wife. the friendship of he??

and so on...

that said, you´re a gifted writer...even though it looks like you grew up with redneck english

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
Ok. Which one of MM’s 80 stories is like this one?

I looked on SOL and couldn’t find it reading the ‘blurbs’.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
There is one bit character who deserves everything that occurred to him

Yep Adler the creep.

After he was let go he tried to find work at an equivalent level but failed.

After 10 attempts he tried lower positions. Then even lower and lower. When he failed to get an entry level position he hit rock bottom.

When he failed to get work at the local fast food joint he thought enough was enough. He tried to kill himself by hitting a tree at speed but he failed at that as well and lived for several weeks in pain before he passed away.

He did at least leave enough money in insurance for his wife to be clear of debt. But that was all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
She is SO not worth it....

She went on a DATE with the guy that helped ruin his career. This woman belongs with the trash she fraternized with....

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 3 years ago

Story was pretty good as a variation on the theme of a female CEO firing her subordinate spouse from his job in the same company. I would have liked better editing as there were lots of typos and other errors that were distracting for this reader. The conflict central to this storyline is not new and exemplifies why many companies forbid workplace relationships. One spouse needs to work for another company and once hubby did that, their relationship got a lot better. Finally, except for rare, very specialized blood tests which can determine gender at 9 weeks of pregnancy, one cannot determine gender until 12-13 weeks of pregnancy using ultrasound. The story implied 8 weeks for gender determination and that’s too early (here’s a reference: https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/stages/ultrasound/ultrasound-accuracy-is-it-a-boy-or-a-girl/). The author may wish to make a correction. Appreciate the author’s effort and originality and despite the above, I liked this version.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

You have to quit writing stories like this because I can't read them my eyes keep getting all blurry and my glasses don't work!

trianetrianeabout 3 years ago

Why so very many perspective and viewpoint errors? 🤔😲

Not a bad effort otherwise, though a bit droll and predictable. Definitely look into getting / using an editor...

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Wow. If I so choose, I can stop reading Literotica stories now, because I've read the best one on the site. Netflix should hire you, because the people whose stories they choose couldn't even check your work for spelling errors. Five Stars only because I can't give it 50. Ignore the angry people who opine for freely, because most of them couldn't spell 'cat' if you spotted them a C and a T!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
excellent story

but in real life. the rich spouse soesn't have enough humility left to beg the other spouse for forgiveness. generally, it ends in divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story - fucked up ending

He needs to find someone else that might love him and put him first - NOT her career. I wouldn't let the heartless bitch any where near the kids. A divorce was the only possible ending given her level of betrayal. DAMN!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great story, but you regularly mixed up tense and more importantly perspective. At several points I was sure it was originally from her perspective. Then one page later it was peppered with remnants from his perspective.

Keep up and maybe look into getting an editor. There seem to be geniuses on here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you...

for writing such an excellent story! Not enough stories written where a couple is able to reconcile and rebuild a relationship! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Excellent story with a few lessons learned without scorching the earth.

JBinGAJBinGAover 3 years ago

A re-read for me. I liked it even better than the first time. Kudos for a great read ;)

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 3 years ago
Great story, so well written...

... this is one of those stories that I read every six months or so to remind me why I love this website so much. A true 5 star and, trust me, that's a very rare, if not extinct, commodity these days.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

Beautiful romantic, love and wonderful story. Definitely a 5 star rating or more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story!

I just finished reading it again, truly moving.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

36 is still prime for having kids.

She should have given Dave children.

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 3 years ago

I loved that story. How about some about the lesser furtoned .

icebreadicebreadover 3 years ago
Not happy..

I started this when I came to bed... It is now 0430 so you kept me up half the bloody night with this....Five stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I suppose.....

....that I like this the best of all similar versions. It’s a big effort and a good story even if it’s a reconciliation.

I’m thinking that Bev indirectly did Dave a favor when she shanked him. He’s a sad Beta in a FLH, miserable and without a defined role, well on his way to cuckville. With help he reinvented himself and restarted his dead end life.

I’ve been fired twice and was told both times that I’d thank them later. What a pile of shit. It’s the economic death penalty and I can sympathize with Dave feeling that not only was he out of a job but also he was capped. It didn’t turn out to be reality but I too had to reinvent myself and lemme tell you it’s not fun.

I would have given a 5* but I think it’s an undeserved RAAC and there are multiple weird POV errors pages 2 and 3. If it were just one or two, eh, but it’s a bunch and really interrupted the story for me.

I really like your other works, big fan.

~Enkidu

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Alberto, you sound like you really know what you are doing so thought I'd check out your stories. Color me surprised when I couldn't find any. Thank you Q, you out did yourself with this story. As always you leave me jealous of your abilities.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Decent

Decent story,though a touch on the long side.Also if the chairman had spoken with Dave about the need reorganise the department,why did he not check to see if it was happening?.

JRandyJJRandyJover 3 years ago
There sure are a lot of English teachers commenting here.

5 Stars

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 3 years ago

a marvelous inspirational story.....

i love it

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It pisses me off

When I read comments on a great story that speak to grammar or spelling or whatever. Good erotica is gud know Matter how wurds are spelt this a dam herd storey

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFover 3 years ago

Pay attention to your pronouns and POV. You change from 3rd person he to 1st person me I. The same sentence, many times,

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Title could have been “Let It Go“...

...in reference to the Frozen DVD purchased, with the song “Let It Go”. Anyone who’s been around kids, at least in the US, knows how they will watch the same video literally a hundred times in a year (and maybe more). Which is weird because I know my generation didn’t do that as a whole. Though, maybe it’s ‘cause we couldn’t? Not having DVD players, and VCR and video disk players were well north of $1000.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Changing Spots

The opening salvo with Bev firing her husband was really cold hearted and down right mean "just business" didn't even apply as of course he won his wrongful termination.

The character development was very good. You built up the 'wake up' call pretty good and also his reaction to the wife more involved in business than her own marriage.

Some of the reactions and a happenings were a bit unrealistic but it is a very feel good story what with the adoption of the kids and making a family.

It did bring a tear to my eye but that's pretty normal these days as I still miss my wife of 40 years. Still your good writer and I keep reading, it keeps my mind occupied and helps me understand feelings I've never understood before. Thank you.

muskyboymuskyboyover 3 years ago

On the very short list of my all time favorites! Thank you!

RePhilRePhilover 3 years ago
Always be wary

Of a women that changes her spots so quickly. Obviously written by a man

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Such a great story of love, forgiveness and family. Well written with great characters 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really good....

would love to clean up poverties and tenses for you.

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

The premise really carried the story. Surprised more authors do not use it. These days it's as likely you will be working for another gender mostly female.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lazy as usual

You created a nice, realistic conflict and then wimped out with a convenient situation that would draw them together. Instead of having a Beverly slowly change, you used an overnight Scrooge transformation. It’s your same old trick, and it’s really lazy.

Most readers are distracted by your admittedly lovely writing style, but you and I both know that you’re kind of a one trick pony. If you were Hemingway or Shakespeare or Austen, we would call you a stylist, but you’re not, and this is a site where I read porn for free.

One last thing. Maybe people do cry all the time, whatever, but have you ever seen anybody faint in your life? A man? For fuck’s sake, I know it’s literary license, but just quit it, okay? All of you. It makes me feel like an idiot for reading this juvenile crap.

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago
Great Story

A great story, it left me with a warm glow. It was written with a great imagination and with a warm heart, it's a pity other authors think the cold hearted approach is the best. One big problem, the editor failed to right all the errors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Love it, but...

This is one of my favorite stories. I’ve read it twice now, but the switching of POV even within an individual sentence, is distracting and annoying. Please ask your editor to pay special attention to POV. Choose either first person or 3rd person, but don’t keep switching back and forth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

outstanding. great read. well thought out and great plot and your correctors became real and i had a lot of empathy for them.

outstanding job

I don't know why i have to post this as anonymous but they seem to feel the need to monitor my comments if i don't lbenton.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Cracks showing

It's evident that the story was written in the first person and switched at some point. A lot of pronouns got missed (my instead of his, we instead of they etc.) Nothing a little careful editing time won't sort out.

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
10 STARS! lol

YOU SIR ARE ONE HELL OF A GOOD AUTHOR. WONDERFUL STORY. THANK YOU!

lbentonlbentonover 3 years ago

I believe you did a wonderful job at this. outstanding even.

great work

lee

backdoorboogiebackdoorboogieover 3 years ago

Boring. Bland. Gave up reading on page 5. Sorry but nothing sexy covered. 1*.

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
Good that she learned

I think they loved one another coz both didn't find replacement when there were separated which gave them a chance to get back together

WvrjjrWvrjjrover 3 years ago
5*. Would give 10 if I could

This is my 3rd read. DAMN you are good. And more tears.....

Please keep up the great writing. Thank you for giving this to us.

Wayne (from FB)

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Wonderful. A true classic.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Very original!

This is one of the most original stories here. It's very creative. I can't bring myself to like the wife even at the end, but that's not the definition of a good story.

AmorousFuckerAmorousFuckerover 3 years ago
Second time reading this one

I admit that I rated it more harshly than I should have the first go around, but there was constant changing from 'him' and 'her' to 'I' and 'we', and that just doesn't jive with what I remember of your other stuff. The story itself was pretty good, but certainly not among the best I've read, either from you or on literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Only kinda problem I have with this story

All these keep talking about how smart she is in business. Not one decision she made for most of the story was a good one.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
What can be said....

Brilliant.

The title, "Let Go", obviously refers to the employee/employer husband/wife on going turmoil.

But it struck me towards the end, it was Beverly who had to 'let go' in her own way to find real success.

Then it struck me, "qhml1, did you do that on purpose? "

The moral of the story within the story reflected in the title?

Anyway, you got your 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How life and love should end

It started with sadness and ended with joy. It was a beutifull story and I was moved to tears I can identify with them as we have bean married now for sixty years. Thank you. Love. JOHN xxxxxxxxxx. (John Bridger)

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

exceptional story, well written, great pacins and character developments were thoughtful.

this is my all time favourite now

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A nice feel good story

Over the top in my opinion. Also very unrealistic. But hey, it is what it is.

The most unreal part was people as selfish as Bev do not turn around 180 and completely change personality practically overnight. In my experience they get very angry at the other person for daring to ruin their plans and upset their life. And then they blame the other person for everything that went wrong. And it takes years, if at all, to understand that it may have been at least partially their fault.

But as I said , a nice feel good story. Probably a fantasy. But a nice read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A very good story, wish there were more stars to give. 5*****

@cumminginher, why do all of your comments start with some unbelievable story about yourself? Are you that self centered? I would have to think that you will never find anyone that loves you as much as you do.

You one man woman you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Your stories always good...but,

This story seemed kinda long and confusing to me in its length.

Couldn't figure what the main male lead character was trying to do in the story...

Definitely wasn't trying to BTB away, which is what the arrogant, choke-hold control freaking, air-headed bitch NEEDED her husband to do for her, every time she opened her brow-beating, condescending, put-down mouth, to her husband, she just fired.

But this hubby...didn't do anything to the fucking useless BITCH, did he, even after she slapped the shit outta him! WTF IS WRONG with this hubby, putting-up with that shit from any woman?

What I couldn't figure is, if this wasn't BTB, in the classic sense, as above...WTF was it?

By this story end...I just...couldn't figure what the story author was trying to do, or say, with this story...

However, the story was well written...maybe just so long, I couldn't figure whether this was BTB in a different form, or RAAC, or somewhere in-between! Nor, if that was even the writers intent with this story.

All the above reasons are why I couldn't give this story over a 3 star vote! IMO then, this story, is a DUD! I guess we all strike-out at least once, when we are at bat...We'll just hope the bases weren't loaded when you struck-out with this story! :)

I will still watch for new stories you've written and posted here author, and read them first!

Ironman52Ironman52over 3 years ago

Second Read! Can I give it 5 more stars!? maybe Five Factorial(!) stars!

BigJim48BigJim48over 3 years ago
Let Go of the proof readers!

I know this was written in 2018 but there were editors/proofreaders on LIT in 2018. The story was good but the switching of tenses and lack of development of some of the paragraphs made this a hard read. Would have assigned a *4 or a *5 had the story been proofed/edited.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 3 years ago

4.5* So this is a Btb that turned into a Raac? Excellent story but I question how she could have become CEO if she doesn't understand the company's products and services plus being easily duped by Bob the snake.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just one question about pregnancy....

Where did you learn what you think is accurate about pregnancy? Time for a refresher. Sex at 8 weeks? ANNOUNCING at 8 weeks even? It’s the little things that detract from a good story, and this lack of attention to detail was a detraction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The scoring is too high

Despite the flowing prose, this story founders because of the way the plot is developed. Bev is written as incompetent and almost unbelievably arrogant. In scanning the comments, I see nary a mention of her engaging in domestic violence. She is an egregiously awful, abusive wife, and her position in the company can't be justified. Nevertheless, she keeps her job, which wouldn't happen in the real world - there's just too much stupid there (and her crying in a business meeting?!) - and she gets to keep her husband. With respect to the latter, how? There's a partial personality transplant a few pages in, which isn't plausible, and ultimately the husband continues to be partially subservient to his bitch wife and helps her compensate for her lack of business ability. No man would put up with what she did, and such a delusional, "entitled" woman would not change enough to save the marriage.

As it stands, this is just another RAAC. Could a reconciliation be convincingly written? Yes, but it would take 1. softening her character in the beginning a touch (e.g. the domestic violence doesn't help advance the plot), 2. having her fired, which would create the psychological dynamic that would make a major personality change plausible, and 3. having her grovel a bit and trying to become a part of his world and dreams, instead of being focused as before entirely on her own.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Q almost always writes and develops characters well.

Nevertheless, despite all the "fanboy" comments I see, there is a major problem in the plotting of this story that centers on the wife and her board. As written, she is obviously incompetent in such significant ways that no board would tolerate her behavior. She'd be fired or asked to resign for stupidly creating a massive legal liability, not understanding the company's market, and for bad hiring decisions. This story isn't intended as a satire of affirmative action (such a clearly incompetent woman in a high position immediately brings to mind Mary Cunningham and Carly Fiorina), but it nearly comes off that way. Inadvertently, I believe, the husband was written as being far more capable of being an effective CEO than the wife.

It is refreshing that the plot doesn't center on infidelity, but it would have been much more interesting if when everything came to light within the company that SHE had been fired. As she was written initially, I think that it would have taken that type of shock to cause her to reflect on who she had become and what she had done to her marriage. The reconciliation, then, would have been more interesting a credible.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WELL...

AN INTERESTING STORY WITH 1 POSITIVE AND 2 NEGATIVES:

POS: SHE NEVER HAD SEX WITH ANOTHER.

NEG #1: THE AUTHOR HAS A MONSTROUS PRONOUN PROBLEM.

NEG#2: OOPS, I ACTUALLY FORGOT #2!

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 4 years ago
Classic LW's tale.

One issue: Bev's conversion from self-centered bitch to all around nice person. Could that really happen? Perhaps.

But as grandma would often say, "Honey, that pie's done baked. "

I've known very solid hard driven business people. And those that ignored thier spouses for work after many years suddenly found themselves heading for divorce court.

Wasn't cheating. It was for ignoring thier spouse.

Why? For the exactly same reason the husband called it quits in this excellent story by qhml1. Their marriages had been nonexistent for years.

That said, 2 things I always enjoy about qhml1's stories are:

(1) solid story driven tales

(2) solid conversion driven tales.

5 stars.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 4 years ago
Thank you

After reading a lot of comments I wonder why authors keep submitting stories just to have them ripped apart by people for reasons I can't begin to fathom. " I would rather you just said 'thank you' and be on your way." Otherwise, pick up a pen and write your own damn story. Sorry, I love Jack Nicholson. I enjoyed the story and as long as the mistakes don't detract from the story I'm very thankful for their effort and hard work. I understand constructive feedback or criticism but some or many (depending on the story) are just abusive. Where else are you going to get this much entertainment for free. Thank you

Anonymous91Anonymous91almost 4 years ago

The most important thing in a relationship is respect and understanding. It will rock your world. Even your sex life. Ask a professional if you can't come to a conclusion. Don't intervene with a stranger for your family life. Strangers want to advantage from you. But professionals are doing their job. So just don't ask opinions from friends and colleagues about your private life. Even be cautious about what is happening around you. Don't try to drink over if your husband isn't around or don't accept stranger's drinks. If you can, just quit drinking. If you want do it at home.

nzzynzzyalmost 4 years ago

all right maybe maybe not

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
A TYPICAL WELL OFF FAMILY D.I.N.K,.NO LOVE

a tragic event turns their lifestyles around, n.k.,sans n. opens up new corridors. TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

"[Adler]'s been concerned for months," yet hasn't spoken to Dave about his concerns?

She "wrestled with it for a long time." Did it ever occur to her while she was "wrestling" with it, to talk to him about it?

"She waved her hands dismissively, still thinking about her job." - Waves her hands "dismissively" regarding her husband, too worried about HER job.

Sal give hie employees a day and a half off around their anniversary, and PAYS them for the time off? Well, duh! Who gives about UNPAID time off?

"positive that at least, in his world, she was number one." - Too bad that he wasn't HER number one!

"He'd betrayed her husband, her, and the company." - Only with her help! As soon as he came to her with his concerns about Dave, SHE should have asked him if he had spoken to Dave about his concerns.

She says she got bad advice. Who advised her to neglect her marriage over her career. Yes, Adler poisoned her mind against Dave, but that probably wouldn't have worked if her head was on straight.

Bear in mind how her underwear would look under her professional clothes? If anyone can see her underwear, her "professional" clothes AREN'T very professional!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good Story.....but

It was difficult to follow in some places because there were some jarring instances of moving from a first person perspective to a third person perspective, sometimes within the same sentence.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I do contend that the bigguy33 version is better than it is rated but most of the faults in that story were addressed here. Honestly, anyone who has worked for a living knows there are termination procedures. How these stories seem to ignore that fact is beyond me. That Q realized this earned his high score not to mention his amazing writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

So far the best version of this story.

StubbyoneStubbyonealmost 4 years ago
Not a bad story...

although a little hard to believe that she wouldn't have given her own husband a chance to defend himself before firing him. I know it's fiction, but it almost sounds like she was listening to a future lover in anticipation of an affair. Well written, except for the bushel of pronoun and other errors. Did you even use an editor? Very distracting! It squeezed into a 5 because of the good story. I'll try others.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

what happened to the car??

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81almost 4 years ago
This story is amazing...

This story is AMAZING and a SPLENDID example of just how bad things can, and often also will go, when you spend every waking hour focusing on WORK, bringing your work home with you, on vacations, etc. and don't spend time with your family. Period.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Good

Dave was far too easy to reconcile after the total disrespect shown by Bev. He should have introduced her to BDSM as a prerequisite to RAAC. Her being the Sub of course!!! At least Bev didn't cheat physically (except kissing)!!!

TreymonTreymonalmost 4 years ago
Not a bad

RAAC. She got carried away with her success and was lucky he gave her a chance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Best of the bunch of similar stories.....

But plagued by a couple dozen bizarre POV errors and contradictions, often within paragraphs or even sentences.

I usually hate RAACs but I don’t mind this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not only a bullshit RAAC

The author seems to have NO understanding of business at the level he's writing about. The wife is a joke as an executive, and her management is no better. Apart from that, who would take a cunt like that back? Why are the authors incapable of writing something that's at least credible in terms of human behavior and instead write sentimentalized clap trap that can only appeal to low T readers?

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
LACK OF PAY, LOWER IN CHAIN OF COMMAND THE RANKS SYMBOLIZE THE STRUCTURE

now who is the leader in the outside conditions,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Spoiled by bad grammar

I like your writing, some of your stories are amongst my favourites but I could not read this one past page 3 or 4 because you kept flipping from first to third person, sometimes in the same sentence, describing the thoughts of the same person.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

It's been a while, so there may be some repeats here.

"[Adler's] been concerned for months, and was very nervous when he brought me the numbers.' =So, Adler's been concerned for MONTHS, yet hasn't said a word to him?

Again, she "wrestled with it" a long time, and never thought to bring her concerns to him?

"I lost friends, relationships I'd had for years, victims to her career." - I wouldn't have lost the friends - I would have visited or had them over without her.

"She had let my ego get the best of her, relied on people who didn't have the company's best interest at heart, and got played like a foolish schoolgirl." - That's too simplistic. That doesn't explain why she never gave him a warning or a chance to explain.

"[Dave] even had some ideas on how to re-channel our efforts to make us more viable in the market." - Too bad she didn't respect him enough to listen to him.

"Won't it look bad, a single older man taking a young woman and child in?" - Who cares how it "looks?" All the people he should care about, know better, and if anyone wants to make trouble, it can be easily handled.

dpm7242dpm7242almost 4 years ago

Excellent read. Another great storyline.

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

So very well done. I couldn't believe she was saying it was only business, I don't know what I would have done. Without a doubt 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Anonymous1972

GREAT READ!! GOOD CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. THEY SEEMED REAL.

I STAYED UP TO 3:00 AM TO HAVE A CONTINUOUS READ.

---Anonymous1972

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Cannot find mm version

Where

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another Winner

I really enjoyed reading this story. It was truly heartwarming. Well done. 5 stars all thew way

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Second time

Second time I've read this story and it was just as good this time. The only thing I didn't like was her dalliance with douche bag that took advantage of her when she let her guard down. Even kissing in my book is cheating, but, she realized it and put a stop to it. She should have figured he was up to something when he started talking bad about her husband.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Second reading must be better than I originally rated for me to get through this long a story

But agree with anon 5/4 expresses my thoughts pretty close

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 4 years ago

This is a mashup of two different stories I have read before, elsewhere.......

1...456789
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories