All Comments on 'Let Him Cry Pt. 01'

by chasten

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WOW!

I wish I would have had this to read 7 years ago when my wife, the light and love of my life dird

bigbob2406bigbob2406about 4 years ago

Good stuff. Thank you.

steppinontoessteppinontoesabout 4 years ago
Super

Extremely well written with great character build up. Look forward to more.

yankee370yankee370about 4 years ago

This one hits close to home. My wife passed away from Pancreatic Cancer almost 2 years ago. I miss her very much. Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
really holds together

Well done his pain is palpable, his need to honour his late wife gut wrenchingly real. Great job. I anxiously await the rest.

cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
Oh I can tell

This is going to be a great story. No idea where its going. 5

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

Excellent start. Well written, believable and poignant. Well done.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

One of the best stories on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
You just...

do not know how to disappoint. My heartfelt thanks for that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
My 2 cents

Wow! You weren't kidding when you said you liked flawed characters. I loved the characters and the pace of the story. I liked the build up in several areas of the story and the dialogue between the characters. I hope you enjoyed writing the story as much I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Anonymous

Just wow!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Tears

Very well written. This story brought up many tears of sadness.

My wife has advanced Alzheimer's. I married her when I was 49 for my first marriage. She is 16 years older than me. I never thought I would get married but I knew right away I was going to marry her and never doubted it for a moment. We just had our 10 year anniversary, and the last 6 have been taking care of her. I figure I have two years at the most before the love of my life dies and this story really brought up the sadness that is always lurking.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 4 years ago

Well, I forced myself to wait for all four parts before I started reading. Reading a story for me is like jumping into the sea to swim from one island to another. Once you start, you can’t really stop and rest until you’re finished. So now I’m settled in to immerse myself into Matt’s story. Very moving opening chapters. *****

IlfenIlfenabout 4 years ago
incredible...

This is incredible... I'm going to enjoy the next 3 parts..

And you say you haven't written in 10 years? Why?

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 4 years ago
Very powerful...

A moving story. Is he truly flawed, or just momentarily damaged? To me, a flaw implies a certain permanence, like an inclusion in a diamond, but we already see him improving: he's recognized he has a problem and knows it has to be corrected.

Great writing and characters. Looking forward to the rest of the story. Thanks for posting.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
Deja Vu

I lost my wife of 40 years 1 year ago....................this story is so close to what's left of my life it's scary, I cried when the little girl showed up............Olivia.

You are an amazing writer, keep it up.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Second time reading

While experiencing taking care of my wife while she was dying i felt the dying wife in this story was short sighted about her leaving her husband to protect him???

I would never have left my wife in that situation and I never would just leave my wife as she was dying. The only thought in my mind was to take care of her as long as I could. She eventually died in our bed beside me. That time was taken from him by his wife thinking he would suffer watching her die. What she did was deny him thos last few days or months, well meaning, but wrong. Still a great story and still brings tears to my eyes.

The_OutlanderThe_Outlanderover 3 years ago

Awesome!

One of the best stories I've ever read. I noted several clauses that were brilliant - 'They started wearing new grooves in the rut of my life.' is one of the best.

Great mix of characters crafting his rise and recovery from mourning. I also love that a new love is floating in the wings, but too early to say which one it may be. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of this, already a favourite story. Great work!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

Very good. You created a very damaged man, with a few women I nearby, who are incredibly patient and caring. Only one thing: Julianne Moore is NOT stacked. In Boogie Nights, I’d describe her girls as a bit smaller than ‘pert’. More like cute titties with pointy, bright red nips.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 3 years ago

You craft indelible images

and give our emotions a tough workout.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So far, the best story I have read on this site!

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

A beautiful but sad story! You Sir are a very talented Author. 5 BIG FAT TWINKLY STARS!

Doombot80Doombot80about 2 years ago

Jesus, the video killed me.

mac1729mac1729almost 2 years ago

Great story that really got to me

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

Excellent !!!!! I cried when Matt heard the name Oliva too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A truly beautiful story, well written. The sadness pervades the story like a thick cloud, so much so that I felt absorbed into the whole thing. Really evokes strong memories in me. Loved this one 5 stars...!

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

This is my third reading and the story still brings tears. No one can understand what this guy or anyone is feeling when they lose someone close to them. The "I'm sorries" from people just don't cut it. The gief attacks come and go. The depression and the what nows are there evryday. So I say when writing to people: "Treasure and care for the ones you love each day, you never know what tomorrow my bring." No matter how you look at it life is short. If live to be 80 you will have lived 29,200 days, that's not really very many, is it? So seize the day and make the most of each one. Still a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I can only imagine that if I were to lose the love of my life—42 years and counting—I would look a lot like Matt. Cherish every day with the ones you love. None of us is guaranteed tomorrow. 5 stars and on to Ch 2.

ChopinesqueChopinesque12 months ago

Sometimes I don't comment on chapters, if I don't know how I'll like the direction the story will go, but this is actually so very well done. Matt is being reborn, paragraph by paragraph. Is heartwarming allowed around here? Let's say yes.

blondedfrankblondedfrank9 months ago

page 6 absolutely broke me

cutedaddy69cutedaddy693 months ago

Superb writing. Very occasionally interrupted by a phrase or fragment that does not make sense, in English nor in the idiom of any of the other languages i'm about equally fluent in. Disturbs my sense of being in touch with reality..

Tx for the sharing of your musings and your talents!!

6King6King3 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great writing, but Matt has an annoying presence to read. I keep hoping Kaitlyn or Ruth will refresh his consussion with a 2 X 4.

Clownish_1Clownish_13 months ago

Loved it! Very touching!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userchasten@chasten
19 Mar ’24: Well, I published a story in a category I didn't expect to visit. Except that, every once in a while, I have this idea of trying to write something in each one Literotica has. However, I write very slowly. And since I've only done stories in nine out of thirty-two ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories