All Comments on 'Let Him Cry Pt. 04'

by chasten

Sort by:
  • 90 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A

Lovely tale, well thought out and written. Like Matts taste in music!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Romance at it's best

I really get involved in stories in which the characters aren't glossy picture perfect but flawed while generally trying to do their best in life. It was good that Caitlin didn't work out because she wouldn't accept Matt for who he is but wanted to mould him. But in his relationship with Bela, I got very frustrated with his lack communicating. Just as you planned probably. Ruth and Taty are great in how they don't hold back in telling Matt off when he needs it; true friends do that. And I loved how Bela broke through to the core of his issues near the end. Great stuff, thank you for writing and sharing it

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years ago
This was a true romance.

Well written with great character development. One of the better stories I have seen on this site. Excellent.

aperson87aperson87about 4 years ago

That was a beautiful story. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not many stories on this site

Have such depth and complexity. A very high level of psychological realism. Great stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Loved it

Oh, what twisted souls we all are. That and the Spanish Inquisition was wonderful. Kept this 65 year old pandemic (sp?) cloistered old fart wondering. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
My 2 cents

This story was definitely worth my time! Not many stories use the emotions you brought out in this story. I couldn't wait for the next sentence as I was reading. This is one of favorite story on this site. Thanks for your time and imagination.

PortnoyishPortnoyishabout 4 years ago

It showed that you spent a lot of time and love on the characters. And no, the self editing wasn't obvious. In fact I'm not sure I saw any typos. Well done. One of the best romances on the site and deserving of the stars.

steeltiger01steeltiger01about 4 years ago

That was phenomenal. A wild ride, to be sure, but a great slice-of-life romance. I'm happy for Matt & Bela, I'm happy for Taty...I'm even happy for Caitlyn. You wrote some fantastic real-life characters, and I loved the asides and internal monologue bits.

Thank you for sharing your talents.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Hit Close To Home

I lost my wife of 19 years 11 years ago to cancer. After some disappointing relationships I met someone special and married again. She allows me to keep pictures and mementos of my late wife, because she understands that I never quit loving her and never will - and that I still can love again.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago
Wonderful

I really loved this story!

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition (or a story this good)!

Primetime24Primetime24about 4 years ago
Phenomenal Story

I cannot like this story enough. Absolutely incredible from start to finish

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story

More depth than 99.9% of stuff here.

Wh00sherWh00sherabout 4 years ago

5 star. I much prefer a story like this that builds up the characters. Putting in the time to read it is rewarded by the details you share, this manages to convey the depth of hurt he's feeling over the loss of Liv, you simply can't get that with a few paragraphs.

Outstanding story and you've set the bar very high indeed for your future efforts.

DickMarksDickMarksabout 4 years ago

What a great story! Looked the quality is the writing, though I struggled to understand who was talking at times. The pacing, characters, the wit that kept popping up all over, I loved it all. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Like your storytelling style

I only read from the Romance category. Please write more. Thanks!

chastenchastenabout 4 years agoAuthor

Thank you. You've made my quarantined day. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Outstanding!

Love this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Lovely

Very real to me as a widower. Nice job. 5*

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 4 years ago

I’ll not forget Matt and Bella (I fell utterly in love with her). What a twisted emotional maze from which they emerged (with a thank you very much to Taty and Ruth!). And the Navarro/Abendaño family provided some well placed comic relief. Many thanks for a wonderful tale - one of the best to grace the pages of Literotica.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelabout 4 years ago

Thank-you for a totally believable story. My only very minor issue was him being able to eventually move on after 12 months or so- most people I know who have lost partners to death have taken 2-3 years at least to work through things. But that aside, beautiful writing- I hope one day when/if I grow up as a writer I too can write a series like this that really portrays real emotion. 5* for all!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thanks

I liked the fact at the beginning you indicated you liked flawed characters. That call out was a good reminder as I read this. It also made this a lot more realistic as a result. Great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Laid it open, kept me hooked in

Outstanding, nicely convoluted (not a bad thing, certainly better that wham bang thank you......)

I experienced a full range of emotions, anger, frustration, despair, joy, excitement and anticipation. Hats off to you. Look forward to reading the next 75,000 word offering by chasten.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

phoenix23ninjaphoenix23ninjaabout 4 years ago
75K+ words you say?

took me 3-5 hours (not really sure, been doing other things as well). I guess I'll find out sometime when I eventually end up here again. Oh, and I can't wait to read more of your stories, since you are such a skilled writer.

phoenix23ninjaphoenix23ninjaabout 4 years ago
another thing

thank you for reminding of another series involving construction I read quite a while back. won't say the exact name out of respect, but for anyone interested, construction is the tag, title involves storms, and I'd recommend sorting by views.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Unusual and that's a good thing

This is unusual even for the Romance category because there's a whole character arc. So many stories are just "Hi", "Let's date", "I love you." I love character driven stories rather than plot driven and this had it in spades.

Wonderful and thank you. There's a whole new level in your stories now that wasn't there 10 years ago. I can't wait to see what you write next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Bela has 'short-man' disease: y'know, the short guy who's always blustering about one thing or another, always on edge, always eager to pick a fight with a taller guy just to prove he's a man? Absolutely sure that someone is trying to disrespect him simply because he's short, or in Bela's case, because she's a woman.

I liked the story very much, the writing was great. But I wish him luck with Bela; she'll be a constant source of misery in the future. Matt's already walking on eggshells around her, scared to even make a suggestion for fear of setting her off on a tirade about female dominance or something. Yuck. Good luck Matt. You can have her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I'm confused by readers

How is anyone not giving this top marks? Compared to the clone stuff that haunts LT, this is a real story. Chasten, I loved this. Bela is not my dream woman but you've done the incredible feat of making me realize why she's someone else's dream woman. Incredible characterization. Thank you.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 4 years ago

It was a good story, but hard to follow in places. Glad you finally explained all their hangups. I thought Bela a total bitch and he was somewhere on the spectrum, but functional. His first wife was a narcisistic bitch to treat her husband like she did. LW stories are full of wives like that. Dying doesn't change or condone what she did to the man she professed to love. Overall story was good, characters were mostly human.

If they tried building houses like this here our government would likely tax them. Charity here is taxed as income unless you are a proper charity. But we can win lottery tax free.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great, loved it

Excellent character development, real people. Interesting story, not a straight line, but an up and down journey. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thank You

Thank you for this thoroughly enjoyable story. I loved the characters and the twists and turns as Matt worked through his demons. All your hard work was greatly appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Oh my god...

...what a cheesy story. I liked it enough to keep up until the end, but it was hard work. You characters are idiots, all of them. The all have issues and it is not even fun to read about it. The storyline itselfe is quite nice, a good idea. Your style is good as well, fluent I like to say. But you still f..ked up the characters and developing them in a way.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
Liv was very thoughtful while being completely un-thoughtfull!

I loved you story and thought many of the characters had very thin skin and took umbradge at other's remarks without thinking things thru.

But that is the way life is. The story is what it is, a real life story even though many call it fiction. This story has much of real life in it. It made me remember and cry. It made me happy and made me cry. To have someone leave you because they wanted to spare would hurt so bad I could not even imagine the pain. He needed to be with her to end, that is what love and dedication is.

Keep writing-the guy who called your story cheesy hasn't been around long enough to understand it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great story

Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece of work. The character building was very impressive , the portrayal of emotions and grief - excellent . Keep up the good work .

Again thanks !

ohioohioalmost 4 years ago
Just first-rate

This was beautiful, rich, complicated (like your characters), and totally absorbing and moving. You give such a fully developed picture of people whose past problems and losses continue to affect their relationships in the present--which is, of course, exactly the way real life works. I am so glad I embarked on this extended journey with you. Once I got into it, I savored every page (and re-read many of them). A very moving story, one that will stay with me. (And thanks for Ruth, who is a hoot!)

Thanks, ohio

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

It was a very well written story and quite moving when dealing with his grief for Olivia.

The guy seemed to be a magnet for ball-breaking bitches though. Caitlyn was totally insensitive to his feelings about his dead wife and trying to make him look like a pussy-hound after she ended the relationship was unforgivable. No, Ruth, she wasn't a good person... only a vindictive bitch behaves like that.

Bela was run ragged with everything in her life and never had time for Matt, then just blew up at him every time he tried to help her. Despite her stubborn insistence that she had everything under control, she really wasn't coping with all the pressure.

She's now going to be the mother of three kids, and try to run two businesses with no help from him? You can't be a good mother, a good wife, and a successful businesswoman... there isn't enough time in the day. He'll always be her lowest priority... and end up as her emotional punching bag as she takes out all her stress on him. That's not a recipe for a happy marriage.

Unfortunately, he faced all these problems because he was dating psychologically damaged widows. He needed time alone to grieve, then date some normal mid-twenties women to put some fun back in his life. Matt was handsome, wealthy, and had a successful career... he was a real catch... and he basically settled for a single mom with a host of issues.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Surprise ... and fanatical ...

A 5 on the first, then 4, then 3 as the story dragged. Back to 5 with a sunsets, dark chocolate and wine beautiful finish. And, of course, the Python reference.

cliqueggecliqueggeover 3 years ago
Great series

I read these back to back and really enjoyed them - you're a great story teller - I find myself glossing over the sex scenes of other authors and concentrating on the stories - I didn't need to do that with your stories.

Thank you

MormonJackMormonJackover 3 years ago
Awesome story!

Well done.

One wish: that the story would have explored the fact that Liv chose pride over love. That's not love, or concern for Matt: it's selfishness. My mother was vain, maybe the most vain person I know (besides me) but when she was dying of cancer, she wanted her kids there and damn the fact that the cancer was ravaging her body.

kmreaderkmreaderover 3 years ago
Stories? What stories?

Would you care to divulge the three stories you read that prompted this emotionally charged tale? I’m not so good at following up on story comments I have made as I’m not too sure how to track the comments I have made. I know I’m asking a lot here, but if you could inbox me via the Literotica service I would love, love, love to read the stories that inspired this tale. I’ve read everything you have offered to date and have thoroughly enjoyed most everything you have posted! With your mention of stories that inspired this tale inquiring minds would very much like to know.

onetwentysixonetwentysixover 3 years ago
Loved this series!

As a widower myself at the age of 44 three years ago, I can relate to Matt. I've only started looking at dating again for the first time since high school I will always love my wife and if I ever get serious again, I hope she will understand that as Bela did.

Great series and I love all your other work. Keep it up!

MVarroMVarroover 3 years ago
A wonderful romance

The characters were utterly believable in their confusion and struggle, but most importantly love. And what a joy to read a story that isn’t marred by frequent mistakes in spelling or grammar. Thank you and your editor, if you had the support of one.

Please continue with your outstanding work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
my new all-time favorite

After reading your Corner Table story, which I loved, I found this. I simply adore the characters. The breakups or near breakups seem a bit hasty, and the story is long, but such warmth and richness. I wonder if this could be published professionally. What a pleasure. I bet he was going to end up with Taty after part 1. Wrong this time. I hope you keep writing!

blackIceo1blackIceo1over 3 years ago

The depth of your characters is beautifully expressed in the slow reveal of the reasons behind the angry breakups. Matt's pain at being abandoned by his love was nicely developed. The final counterpoint by Bela of pointing out his selfishness in denying his wife her dying wish to be remembered as his love settles the new romance wonderfully.

You're a great writer and I hope you continue with these masterpieces.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
In spite of his loss...

and how his wife deserted him when she dying, I had trouble generating much sympathy for the protagonist. And after reading all the comments about the women in the story, I have to say that everyone is flawed, as in true life.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The dialogue very good, although much of the story was about Matt’s perceptions, and nonverbal communication. The only thing missing, was Matt’s parents. They moved to FL, but that wouldn’t normally mean they wouldn’t maintain some contact with their only offspring, after he became a widower. Not even a mention of them at his wedding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
inane dialogue...

and to me, terribly boring in the second half of the story...

rubyjac1rubyjac1about 3 years ago

This was one of the best I've read on Lit., even fits into that "doesn't matter if it has sex in it or not" categories.

I know you're a male, yet you have quite the talent for expressing the female mind, feelings, and reactions, it make this reader wonder. Truly a great job with this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I didn't like the dynamic between the characters here. It seems the guy is in for a life of walking on eggshells, and being the target of unfounded accusations and everything he says being taken the wrong way. Not saying that's wrong per se, maybe he needs or likes it that way, but it made it difficult to identify with him and not be constantly frustrated.

Btw, "a mí también" isn't the correct translation of "me too" after "I love you".

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Dont

Don't agree with him marrying Bela,she is self centred,fiery tempered and ungrateful.She is as bad as Caitlyn.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was real! Palpable! Infused with humanity! Characters who meant well but struggled with life, with love, with loss, with memories, with communicating! We love their imperfections and struggles, their goodness and caring! We grow to understand and love them!

Richard1940Richard1940almost 3 years ago

Another wonderful, thought provoking story. Thank you. 5*s of course.

JackEvansJackEvansalmost 3 years ago

Wow, this was fantastic.

Well done, and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very good read, thank you.

BadbeagleBadbeagleover 2 years ago

Very well done and thought out. Our lives are complicated and it was nice to find a story that reflects that.

LovewilltearusapartLovewilltearusapartover 2 years ago

One of my absolute favorites I’ve ever read. Thank you for this.

e5jerseye5jerseyover 2 years ago

This story tore me up and I mean that as the highest compliment possible. It is simply one of the best things that I have ever read. Amazing!

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

Simply wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The depth of characters and control over my own emotions that they held had me forgetting where I even was. Yes there were erotic elements to the story but I found myself glossing over that solely to find out what would happen next in the roller coaster of emotions that was this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An artist. Our and simple. 5*

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Outstanding piece of work, the situation our Protagonist is in is remarkably similar to the one a sibling of mine is in, that is to say, emotional damage done in the course of losing their spouse to the big C, you have summed up very well the lasting effect the conflict between grief and betrayal has on the surviving partner, where their emotional state fluctuates constantly between loss and anger and progress in life is difficult.

Aside from the link to my family, this a great story; grief is dealt with properly, all the characters are well drawn and easily visualised, the plot is realistic, the locations all seem as if they’ve been drawn from the authors own experience as well. I’ve loved reading this, despite the uncomfortable connection to family, so it’s 5 stars all the way through, many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

A beautiful love story. Worthy of 5 FIG FLUFFY STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I cried myself a few times throughout the stories. I loved all of it. Sometimes one looks for the quick walk, but sometimes you just find a jewel and have to read it from the very first chapter to the very last. Thank you so much for this series.

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

I was totally drawn into the characters, and was captivated by the range of emotions. Loved it!!

Prowler39Prowler39almost 2 years ago

Definitely worth my time.

mac1729mac1729almost 2 years ago

Beautifully written story. Thank you

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonalmost 2 years ago

I couldn't put this down. I often find it difficult to read stories about bereavement. This one, however, felt different.

Liv's actions were extreme and wrong, but I can understand if she thought she was trying to protecting Matt from the worst. I know my late partner wanted to protect me if she could, while, I'm sure, being thankful for my help when she needed it.

2Maria2Mariaalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful and very close to the mark on many things. Grief does many things to people, none ever remain the same after having experienced it.

@# NoLongerAnon- you are entitled to your opinions as we all are. While Liv's action may seem harsh to you, I venture that wrong is not the best description, I would go as far as saying that is wrong but it is your opinion. Until you have been in that characters shoes such definitive comments are at best self serving. Watching a loved life disintegrate in front of you is something I would not even wish on my worst enemy. Wanting to watch it is that Love? my opinion never.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

EXCELLENT story, full of emotions

AmbisinisterAmbisinisteralmost 2 years ago

I think this is my favorite out of all you've published here. The characters are more true to life. Real life is never neat, compartmentalized decisions and actions. I believe you grasped that perfectly in this story

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

Extremely well written and crafted. Easily one of the two or three best stories on this site. I wish it were possible to give it more than five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Five Stars. Time to quit writing on Literotca.com & start selling to actual print houses. You ARE an accomplished author.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

This was a well written story. The developement of the charcters was well done. as was the interplay between them. As said in my review of the part were the wife took off and forbade her husband from finding what she did was a very selfish act no matter how she tried to justify it. Anyone in a commited relationship stays with eir spouse in sickness and in health, that was oart of the promise in the marriage vows. My wife was by the bed of her ex husband the day he died and I was nearby and thought nothing of it. We had been married for 30 years but she knew him longer than I as they were in school tpgether. there was a connection between us all. My wife passed away beside me in bed. After being diagnosed she pased about 8 months later. I never once thought about leaving her.

As far as involvement with a couple of women, both of the women had issues one was a controller and wanted to fix him the other wanted to be independant and rebelled when he tried to help with consulting her first. Even I faced that situation in my long term marriage but we learn to deal with even if we don't undrstand it. I could feel our MCs frustration with the womans attitude. It all boils down to women! You can't live with them and you can't kill them!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

We all process loss and grief in our own unique ways. Matt took years to work through it. I have friends who were like this. It was right for them. I very much suspect that, we’re I to find myself in Matt’s shoes, I would scandalize all around me with how quickly I would be seeking my next life partner. That is what would be right for me. Fantastic series; 5 stars all the way across.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautiful - thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nailed it !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Leaving him to go die afar from him - I can't think of a more devastating act of distrust and betrayal. I do horonary service in terminal care. We normally should not and do not judge people in the last phase of their life. And I can certainly understand fear and desperation in the face of imminent death. But this is horrible. She basically says to her husband: You don't love me enough to be there for me, when I'll be in pain, my beauty's gone, and my body decays - therefore I'm leaving you. Judgement and damnation without a chance to answer. This has nothing to do with the love she so often claims to hold for him.

The story is great, of course. But I would think that probably the MC would go through a much deeper depression.

ChopinesqueChopinesque12 months ago

I feel that I know these people. Not characters, people. And I like them. The woman who "fixed him" but couldn't fix herself. She needs someone to heal her. There could be a story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

One of the best! Your writing style is second to none! Look forward to reading more… thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thank you for a marvelous story. I, a 73 year old man have tears of joy reading your work. You are an artist with words. Please keep it up.

unrealtimeunrealtime9 months ago

Regarding Anon’s comments directly below, it’s one thing for some old codger in his dotage to break down over this story. But for a much younger man ( I won’t even be 72 until the end of the month) to have the same reaction is even more telling. I have to admit that the old guy is right on the money with his description of your talent. I second his request for more.

WolfbeckettWolfbeckett7 months ago

This is now one of my favorite stories I've read on here. I'm glad it was Bela he ended up with, she's a good egg. Communication problems are a common cause of relationships breaking down and it took her a few tries to get it right but I'm happy that in the end she realized she had to be a lot more direct with him. I'm a lot like Matt in that way, I'm not good with people, not good at reading social situations, communication is much easier for me if people just tell me straight up what the score is and I'm glad Bela was able to adjust to that and it was a beautiful ending.

I also liked the commentary at the end. I know this is an amateur writing website and we can't reasonably expect Shakespearean masterpieces from people just doing it for fun in their spare time. I have read many of the stories talked about where things happen abruptly and can still enjoy them for what they are. But I reserve my 5 star ratings for stories like this, the ones that really take their time, build the characters up layer by layer, the ones that show true understanding of strong human emotions and that they don't just go away a week after meeting someone. This story was exactly right in that regard, me moved on from Liv, but never kicked her out of his heart, he just made sure there was enough room there for Bela as well. Caitlyn's way may be right for some people, but for Matt it wasn't, and I suspect if I were in his situation I'd have the same path as him.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story it’s had me crying laughing really pissed and I’ve had to look up what the Spanish words were thanks again great read

Beardog325Beardog3255 months ago

Every one of your stories that I read is my new favorite. You have such a great way of expressing what goes on in a man’s mind when dealing with and talking to a woman sometimes it can be a mine field one false step…,

cutedaddy69cutedaddy693 months ago

Totally agree, and definitely worth all of our time! Thank you, a work of art, deep, wide, sensitive and very insightful.

7*

6King6King3 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐

myky40myky403 months ago

"Espero que hayas pensado que valió la pena tu tiempo. Gracias."

realmente, creaste una maravillosa historia, que a través del dolor logra crear una crisálida de esperanza. que hoy en día en el mundo hace mucha falta.

saludos y gracias desde España.....

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I had guessed where this was going towards the end of Part 2. But that's where it needed to go.

Liv made the wrong choice, though I respect her right to choose it. Whatever her motives, she made a terrible situation infinitely worse for Matt. She should have taken the chance that he would have the strength to remember her with love in spite of how sick she would be at the end. I remember the difficult days of my dear wife's final illness, to be sure, but I also remember her in the many good times we shared. I treasure all these memories.

Very good story.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

I cried good tears more than once while reading it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userchasten@chasten
19 Mar ’24: Well, I published a story in a category I didn't expect to visit. Except that, every once in a while, I have this idea of trying to write something in each one Literotica has. However, I write very slowly. And since I've only done stories in nine out of thirty-two ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Let Him Cry Series Info