All Comments on 'Let Me Tell You a Story'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 87 Comments
Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

What an interesting character to build a story around. I liked the premise very much. I also would like to know if the young women saved her marriage or not. Well done

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
You are an excellent writer

and come up with very original story lines

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seems to me that I read this story a number of years ago.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

"Not at all. But I know you, quite well. You're me, in a past life." sorry that line cracked me up lol man i needed that laugh ty

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This writing event of Randi's is like a really good smorgasbord - you want to try EVERYTHING. Thanks Q, always love your tales.

somewhere east of Omaha

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

another sketch trying to be a story.. actually two partial outlines that do not really seem to interconnect. Pass this one on people there is nothing here. Sorry 3 stars to express the disappointment in this latest offering from a really talented writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Perfection in Pose

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 2 years ago

Wow, what a morning! So many of my favorite authors lined up after clicking on loving wives. My only disappointment was that this wasn't one of your longer stories. Sorry, this one was just 5* only because I wanted more! But I love the way the Angel of Doom approached her suggesting the end of her marriage yet left that unresolved in the end. Clearly the woman had failed the 'spouse test' but did she still have a pathway to recreate a loving marriage?

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 2 years ago

Another cute little tale, well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So good. Especially for a flash type tale. About the only thing not clear was how the Angel of Doom was informed about what and who the cheating woman was doing.

.

4 very strong ****

JoeMoeFromChicagoJoeMoeFromChicagoover 2 years ago

As much as Q is my favorite LW author, I'm embarrassed, but feel compelled to ask. Is he taking a page from SaddleTramp1956's book? It feels like the beginnings of one of his story.

Still 5-stars though.

-JMFC

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 2 years ago

Loved it. You hit a good one. Thanks for the lift. I need to be made to think every once in a while.5 stars,the Bear approves. Have a good Holiday. Merry Christmas.

The BEAR

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

Short and to the point. D

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

Excellent, excellent story told very well! It's 5***** all the way. What a wonderful break from the usual story that gets told and retold all the time here!

AngusMAngusMover 2 years ago

Not very convincing

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 2 years ago

Short and sweet and great,

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting. Terse. Efficient. Whole story told in one page.

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

Good story and yes a warning. It would interesting to read about if the woman waiting for loverboy actually makes it home and somehow convinces hubby a blowjob isn't cheating. Thank you

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Wow. This is so damned close to perfection, that it could qualify for the world's longest haiku. So much packed into 1.3K words! One of the Top-100 Ever on this site. Should go the head of the line if this is a contest entry!!! 5++++++/5!!!

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 2 years ago

A perfect story. 5*. Told us enough but not too much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very interesting story and a different perspective. A unique story that uses different point of views that you don't find in most other stories. Good short read but also powerful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, Q, as usual. Well done. Thanks for posting. 5 stars, also as usual.

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 2 years ago

Simply outstanding Q! Loved the layers and emotions with so few words. Thank you!

Killian

mithanialmithanialover 2 years ago

interesting intro to a broader story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My goodness I think this is your shortest story I've read. I am curious about how the other woman made out and how the "angel" knew so much about the guy she was seeing.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

A great, complete story in just a few words. Qhml1 has nailed another one, completely.

tazz317tazz317over 2 years ago
TRY AND HELP ANY PERSON IN DANGER

1st hope its on time and beneficial, 2nd not at the risk of yours. TK U MLJ LV NV

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 2 years ago

Only qhml1 can say so much with so few words. I loved this!

GriscomGriscomover 2 years ago

I must be having an attack of the stupids tonight because I am sorry to say that I don't get it. I don't understand who super-mom is or how she knows what she knows. I don't dislike it, but I just don't understand it. Maybe I am missing something obvious.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Damn that was a good story. Sometimes its truly impossible to find the right words to describe something...and I cant begin to tell you what a great one this is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent flash. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’m a huge fan, but this story didn’t cut it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Didn't work for me, my bad. Was it supposed to be made clear in the story why the Savior woman had all those details about the almost a slut woman? Sorry I couldn't follow it, but I appreciate the effort.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Wonderful little story!

5

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manover 2 years ago

The gift of writing, in fact, is for very few.

How a writer manages to express his idea, so clearly and evidently, is even rarer.

And to do this, in so little space... I don't know how to qualify, who does this.

Qhml1 manages to do this. The depth of this text is incredible... the feelings of the characters, in such short lines.

The "Angel of Doom" sought redemption from her disastrous past, trying to save women just like her, before their worlds crumbled, just like hers. Maybe just to seek your own redemption... who will know.

I see no need to know if the cheating woman's husband took her back - which I find difficult, or threw her onto the curb. This epilogue the author left for each of the perverted minds of his readers.

Four stars, more than wue writing effort, concise and well-crafted work.

I like your longer texts better. Allows us a series of emotions throughout the pages. Going from anxiety to the expected end, passing through the anger of some developments, reaching the end, where everything "resolve" the way the author thought... and this brings me satisfaction.

But that's just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 2 years ago

Well done! An entertaining story, conveyed efficiently.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice.

LWlurker

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Quick and sweet! Nice.

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
Not bad

But not finished.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Interesting storyline. Thanks, 5*

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

I like that we never get resolution to the cheating wife. The struggle goes on eternally.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 2 years ago

I love it when you leave us to our thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This one could have been expanded to anywhere between 6 and 60 pages. Sooooo many possibilities. Still a 5 though

AFoolRushesInAFoolRushesInover 2 years ago

Short, not so sweet, but plenty for the reader to fill in on their own.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars for the twist on the standard BTB story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No! You bring us along but don't finish the story!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Anon no,

Story is obviously finished.

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

***Nice shorty!!! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice concise story. Many of the 3-5 chapter stories plod through the diatribe to blah blah blah.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 2 years ago
Clever & Original

Thanks, Q.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of the better short stories.

This is a very hard category in which to excel and this is well done.

Bill S.

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 2 years ago

It's Always So Obvious

Reading the comments after a flash story like this how many readers have the imagination of a gnat. Use your brain, fill it in your self instead of sitting in your high chair with your mouth open waiting to be fed more mush. I expect if I read all of the comments there'd be some about sluts and once a cheater always a cheater and all of the rest of the cliches, shit. *****'s. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent short story! Its charm is in its brevity. 5+*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Q, I can't speak for everyone but for me your stories bring this host of mixed emotions. There is the fact that no one is better with words. You have this unique way of captivating your audience, leaving them wanting more - whether a 750 word story or 8 pages. Then there is the frustration at myself that I fall so short when I have tried to write. My effort leaves me even more in awe of your talent. Thank you for your tales!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
The usual crap

All men are predators, all women are victims. Apparently no married woman has ever entered into an affair of her own free will. That's why it's never her fault that she can't keep her legs closed. Typical misandry.

woodwardwoodwardabout 2 years ago

It was a good tale. Anons should register and post instead of hiding behind anons,

MarkT63MarkT63almost 2 years ago

Good solid story...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Considering it's length, it is a good story. Anything under 5k words is a tough sell for me. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

4 stars my error should have been 5 great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

4 stars my error should have been 5 great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

@woodward

anons are anons for their own reasons. Is "woodward" your real name?

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cold, brutally honest of a woman's stupidity to herself by a woman whose been there.

What is it with woman who, very much like their male counterparts, have seek external affirmation they are still as desirable as they were in their teens an early 20s?

Just because the baby oven is going off line doesn't mean their value as a desirable woman has to die.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Well written and gets the point across without a lot of rambling, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good except for the end where I was left hanging.......I like endings spelled out. 4 stars. could've been a fiver.

davezqdavezqover 1 year ago

Your work is always well crafted. I am glad to hear your health has improved. I. found this story to be too brief. Many good ideas and wrinkles, but it tried to cram all of it into to little space to breath freely. Like you got tired of it, or had set a word limit for yourself, not to be exceeded. Still gave me things to think about. Thank you for your efforts.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Another really good story, short and to the point

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The kind of story that makes you think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like short tales. I think it’s harder to write a good short story than a novelette.

Anyway, 5 stars.

Bill S.

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMindabout 1 year ago

You said everything that needed to be said. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Superb writing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Different without being unbelievable. Great story

tsgtcapttsgtcapt11 months ago

Thought provoking in a good way. Thank you!!

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

Great story, but she was right about it being to late to save the other woman’s marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You'd think these cheating wives would have the brains to tell their friends to cover for them. But then again what do you expect?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

One can but hope that there are more people out there who are prepared to let others know what the consequences of actions can be. The wife running home has maybe a tiny chance of salvaging things but it's probably unlikely as she's already cheated multiple times. But things happen so who knows. A short story that's effective and well written and enjoyable and makes you wonder. All anyone can ask for from an author. BardnotBard

Ocker53Ocker537 months ago

Always believable, good story from qhml1 once again⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

oldpantythiefoldpantythief6 months ago

Interesting point, does a BJ and being fingered count as as having sex? There definitely was penetration, just not coitus, but does it make a difference to the cheated on partner? Not sure how the Angel of Doom got her information, but it made a nice story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well written but the cheating wife (yes oral is cheating) had a terrible alibi. What an idiot. Her marriage is not going to survive. Seriously three years?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I liked it. Short but well written. Four stars from me.

JPB

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19815 months ago

Oral is still sex it was done with someone other than her spouse that's is cheating now matter how you try to spin it and to do so after only 3 years of being married yeah that marriage is most definitely over hell a true man would divorce his wife after an affair even if he was married to his wife for 20 years there is no chance of remaining married if someone cheats not if they have any morals as far as the other girl who tried to warn her who does she think she's playing she is still fucking other men she is either got really good at hiding it or she found herself a little bitch to marry people the latter she found herself a little bitch that lets fuck other men he probably even watches her fuck them cause once a cheater always a cheater shes a cheating slut always will be she knows it that's why she's married to a bitch instead of a man she knew a man wouldn't be with her cause she's a cheating slut and cant be trusted

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19815 months ago

Oldpantythief yes it does oral sex is still sex that's why its called oral sex i mean seriously its common sense hope you are not married cause if your wife knows you don't have think a blow job or getting fingered is sex shes out fucking around on you cause you told her you wasn't a man so word of advice get a pi to follow her also get postnuptial to protect you that way she doesn't get shit from you even if you don't leave her its just a matter of time before she leaves you and file for divorce even if you haven't told her that i would get postnuptial anyway if you don't have a prenup when I was married to my first wife I had postnuptial signed and filed that was done more to protect my business but it had adultery clause as well we did divorce but she didn't cheat we decided we was better off as friends we married to young im actually married to her sister and that almost didn't happen cause she was my ex's sister but my ex worked on and worked some more on me and finally talked me into going out with my current wife and it was the best decision I made but we did sign a prenup that states if 1 of cheat we get nothing either way it protects my business it can't be touched in a divorce i trust her with my life she has the same moral values as i do when comes to a marriage we don't nor will we ever share each other even if it is another woman anyone other than your spouse stopped when you became engaged you want a threesome or wanna try swinging or swapping you do it before you get engaged and even then depending upon who it is or more importantly what you believe it shouldn't happen then either im not into swinging or swapping however I have had a threesome but it took place before I was engaged we wasn't even serious about each other at the time it ended with my ex getting pregnant which is why we got married in the first place then between being too young and unfortunately her miscarriage was too much for us to even try to make work so we split up on friendly terms she is my best friend still today

RimmerdalRimmerdal4 months ago

It's not about the various types of sex which calls for the divorce.

It's Trust. Do you still trust her/him?

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerabout 15 hours ago

💯💯💯👌👌👍👌😉

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories