All Comments on 'Letters from an Angel'

by CaringAndDemanding

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
HEARTBREAKING

made me cry you should post this on facebook or some other social media

hnau0022hnau0022over 8 years ago
Tough read

Saddest thing I've ever read. A great story that not enough people will read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Truly moving and food for thought

I think i'll give the family an extra hug as a tribute to your story.

Hope I can avoid overlooking my loved ones when they really need me.

Very moving read.

And yes, you should publish it so it can provoke thought. Maybe social media?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thoughtful, insightful though ultimately sad

A well-written story about "remembering to stop and smell the roses". Adults and older teenagers often get caught up in their lives, and when self-centeredness takes over, most forget the other people in their lives. Although Nina's actions were well intentioned, committing suicide isn't an answer. It makes the problems go away for the suicide victim, but increases it for those that are left behind. In this case, Grandpa will suffer the most, but hopefully the rest of the family remembers what Nina wrote and become better people. Unfortunately, the price is way too high. Still well done. My constructive criticism is that the letters to the family members seemed a bit repetitive - in that they hurt Nina but she still loves them, that Nina behaved badly, that they should be good and treat other people better - not exactly sure how to improve, but maybe keep the "sermonizing" part in the general letter, and make the individual letters one paragraph and unique to that person.

xtchrxtchrover 7 years ago
Oh Wow!

What a story. What is wrong with us, as a species, if this is how we treat our young. Instead of nurturing and loving them, we treat them like this. I know situations like this are in the minority (at least I hope they are), but even one is too many. I know the next time I see my boys (men actually) I am going to hug them so very hard. Thank you, thank you, thank you for a very moving story that really made me think.

VyresOfTheArtVyresOfTheArtover 6 years ago
D’:

This is honestly the saddest story I’ve ever read on this site... :( Poor little Nina...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
reminds me of how I grew up

except I had no one

you bet your ass I cried while reading this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thank you , I have some letters to write .

Great story. Too many families are like this . Love and kindness are not as common as people would hope . I have some letters to write . I hope the people will forgive me . I will never be able to forgive myself .

CaringAndDemandingCaringAndDemandingalmost 5 years agoAuthor
@anonymous

Stay strong. Write the letters, maybe show them to your family, but please stay strong enough to keep it at that.

ranec1ranec1about 4 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8.awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 4 years ago

Every Time

I cry every time I read this, even though I know what’s coming.

Cindy1001Cindy1001about 3 years ago

I gave it four stars, but that's because I both love and hate it. I was fairly forewarned, but I started to read anyway and no one but myself is to blame for the tears I shed, well perhaps the writer to some extent for delivering such a wonderful blow to the gut.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Many a tears has fallen as I read this short story. It seriously make me to look back on my own life and the errors of my past action. Nina is so insightful beyond her age. It was truly sad at the age of innocence she took her own life. These letters are a wakeup call for her family. I do hope that they take it to heart and change their ways.

KahunabobKahunabob24 days ago

Well. Fuck. That little girl's soul had no business being that old and wise for a, what, 10 year old? Always trying to see the good in people. Even all of her abusers. Grandpa is probably the most decent of the bunch, but even that's a low bar. It's a short story and this probably isn't the platform to delve deeper in how this family would act if the story was longer. But my cynical and world weary hairy ass thinks that in the end it wouldn't change much. They'll fall back in their old patterns of behaviour soon enough. They never thought about her except as a punching bag. So why would they think of her now that she's gone? ...I think I'll go hug some puppies and kittens for an hour or 3.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCaringAndDemanding@CaringAndDemanding
654 Followers
Hey, I'm the guy behind the stories. I chose the name CaringAndDemanding because the multiple facets of sexual control are what interests me most when it comes to erotica, whether it be in BDSM or Ds setting, or in a noncon/reluctance setting. When I write a story, I want the...

SIMILAR Stories