All Comments on 'License to Kill'

by jezzaz

Sort by:
  • 208 Comments (Page 2)
BillandKateBillandKatealmost 3 years ago

Imaginative and thrilling. A great 5 star tale. Sad to read some of the comments - picking apart a wonderfully written story because of minor spelling, etc. They come to a free story site and expect professionally edited text. Please don't let the little people get you down - give us more like this. Thanks.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Gripped me right from the start and didn't let go.

Just one minor not to pick. Hastings is in Sussex, not Kent. At least it was last week when I was last there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow, I couldn’t stop reading the story. True or not, it was a very interesting intriguing story. Thanks for sharing it. Top marks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent story with a close to believeable plot......kept me glued to the screen until I could get to the ending which was good but sadly melancholy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Remarkable story. Best I’ve read in quite some time. Thank you.

One very, very small thing: Darrell told a different story about her parents’ deaths than she did. I expected the inconsistency to lead him to think he was being lied to again, but it apparently didn’t. Then again, maybe Darrell was never the real story and didn’t know ….

Another small, but positive thing: I loved the asides about the differences between (or should I sat “differences to”) US and UK languages and customs. Thanks again for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Even with the sacrilege of calling beniets “sugared donuts”, it’s still a solid 5.

nestorb30nestorb30almost 3 years ago

Probably one.of.the.best.stories I have read on Lit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just...wow. Damn, you just posted one of the best pieces on this site.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 3 years ago

Nice.

More often than not, a LW story has a stupid MC or a stupid slut.

A lot of readers are fine with that, but I'm not a fan.

Imagine this guy being John McClane in Die Hard.

Do you think there would have been a Die Hard 2?

I don't.

An idiot included makes it easier to write a complicated plot.

That wasn't even needed here.

Jezzaz gave us complicated enough.

So not a fan of the idiot, but a big fan of care to detailes.

And jezzaz delivered masterfully.

Stupid fades in comparison to that class.

Add interesting and entertaining

and there's no way

this story escapes top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story 5 stars! Very funny and good quotes for life contained in this one. Good perspective on being content as apposed to being happy. Content is about as good as we can hope for as we get closer to the end than the beginning in this life. Love the last paragraph makes it me laugh every time as I have my own history with Irish redheads and the "rich experience" it is to be with them ha ha ha ha!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very well done, not too far over the top. Do it more regularly please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A triumphant return for truly one of Literotica's finest authors after ten long months with no submissions from jezzaz. Welcome back, talented one. You have been sorely missed. This story is a genuine pleasure to read...a peak into a world of mystery and intrigue with fascinating twists on traditional LW topics to ponder. Thank you. Please don't make us wait so long again to enjoy more of your work.

Rocky62Rocky62almost 3 years ago

Good read, nice to have a twisted adventurous road to follow

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this story!

Dubby49Dubby49almost 3 years ago

A little over the top but an enjoyable read.

danbo56danbo56almost 3 years ago

Absolutely loved this story well constructed well balance with the believable and the unbelievable truly an enjoyable read now awaiting for your next story 7* for me

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What an enjoyable tale. I never saw where it was coming from nor where it was going.

Being a long time expat is a poor excuse for moving Hastings from Sussex into Kent. 1066 would have to be rewritten.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Outstanding. You may have missed an opportunity here, because this has all the makings of a good espionage novel, one that would have been better than eighty percent of what is out there. Flesh out his experiences after rescue and give him something to do that ties into the spy field. He is supposed to be good at patterns, so let him pick up on some clues in his financial dealings and get him back in touch with Clarissa. You have already introduced doubt as to her death.

Anyway, nice job.

dmallorddmallordalmost 3 years ago
Masterful Writing

This is well crafted. You are a master of dialog, worthy of emulation. I enjoyed the storyline and the wonderful character portrayals. Thank you for a pleasant read!

FlavianFlavianalmost 3 years ago

Wow! I thought that you had done well with 'Mr. and Mrs. America,' but this one exceeds even that! Well done. Keep writing

HeelGuy9800HeelGuy9800almost 3 years ago

A great read. The way you write the conversations is really enjoyable.

lukeshortlukeshortalmost 3 years ago
More Than 5*

It is easy to say "one of the best" but, this story has everything to make a really great read. I don't know how I missed it on the initial release. I think it is truly amazing to find a story of this quality on a free site. Thank You! 5* isn't enough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just brilliant

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Brilliant.

ohioohioalmost 3 years ago

Great story! I am SO glad I finally found the time to read this one--but it was inevitable, as jezzaz is one of my favorite writers.

This is rich and detailed and incredibly powerful. It takes quite a while to get all the way through it, but What a Story!

Thanks, ohio

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 3 years ago

OUT-FUCKING-STANDING !!!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyalmost 3 years ago

I kind of liked this but at the same time, it annoyed me. The entire set up of him being the ultimate sap just seemed too, 'perfect', as if crafted for a story. There was so many red flags that in his retelling of the story that Rich even acknowledges that means there was no way you'd not have doubts, maybe from day one. In my opinion I think his convalescence from incarceration was glossed over a bit too readily, I understand you need to move the story on but having some trips to see consultants, surgeries or what have you could have been slipped in here and there to drive home the long road to recovery the resultant injuries would have forced on him. Also, riding a motorbike would have probably been nearly as difficult as cycling with his damaged hands.

What I thought Rich/Lucas would pick up on when Clarissa started her recounting of her backstory was the inconsistency with what Darrel/The Major told him. I'll quote it here, "...Her mother is not still living. She died when Clarissa was seven. She never knew her father, who was career Navy, and who died during the Falklands war..." but when she talks about her parents, the both died when she was fifteen and her Dad was a Sgt Major in the Army? "...My father was a retired Sergeant Major, who had been all over the world. And Mother, she was a reporter. That's how she'd met Dad. She was in Singapore, and he was stationed there. I've no idea why. Actually, now I say that, I should look into that. I'm not sure there was an Army battalion there?.....They died when I was fifteen." Was that just another lie on her part or was that an error on Darrel's part or maybe an editorial slip-up? Either way that inconsistency and the retelling of the story by two different people years apart but using very similar phrasing had me doubting and ultimately losing any kind of empathy with Clarissa. The eventual reveal that she had died and the release of her memoirs lost a lot of impact with me for that I think, I mean, was she really dead? How much of what she said or wrote was actually true? I think I needed to connect with her during her emotional tête-à-tête with Rich but the whole scene just didn't do it for me.

It's interesting reading and I liked the premise but I felt a bit let down at the eventual end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow!!

What a convoluted tale!

Very well done without nits at which to pick.

I guess I didn’t empathize enough with his ordeal because I’d have reconciled in a minute.

Bill

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 3 years ago
A REALLY good yarn!

Quite a tall tale...a great read!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Petered out, and too much telling instead of showing.

It killed a lot of the enjoyment that the state sponsored whore, aka his ex, ended up so respected.

I would rather see her alive, but disgraced and unhappy.

The lack of actual answers also made it pretty unsatisfying, instead we're left with a betrayer that's basically a stranger.

It also seemed like BS, a bit nonsensical, that she wouldn't even tell him her name, just after promising to do anything for him.

Felt more like the author trying to force a sense of mystery rather than something a person would do.

The payback was also pretty meh. It was just so unemotional, and the protagonist most of the time having the personality of a wet dishrag.

No real final confrontation and payback with actual emotions to bring catharsis. Instead it just petered out in a boring manner.

Part of this was that the author became lazy, and started telling even more, instead of showing. Who cares if the guy meets someone new, if we don't meet her, but instead just get a summary?

A bit of a downer really, doesn't seem like the guy ended up all that happy. He should at least have gotten a real happy ending with a fleshed out character to make the reader care.

Overall the story has some promise, but needs a lot of work to become actually good. This is a flawed first draft that deserves to be finished up with the help of an editor, I don't think the author can improve it enough on his own, there are just too many elements that need work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too long winded. 🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't know if you are alive or not, but you are a genius who should have been famous for your literary skill.s

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed it. Great story and characters

jezzazjezzazover 2 years agoAuthor

I’m alive.

At least I think I am?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree with ‘Anon.’s “Too long winded” comment to a point. There were several passages early that while describing the foibles of the protagonist, were not much more than tedium personified. Once done with the boredom of all the past history of failure in general and on to the real adventures of Clarissa 007, the story improved substantially.

Thanks, jezzaz.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars is about all it is worth.

As far as the LW genre, this is about the worst it could ever possibly get, as well as the most unbelievable tripe ever written on this website.

I hope I never see another story even remotely close to this one ever again.

I'll never read another of this author's story, that's for certain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I read it in one sitting, so I suppose it had something to recommend it. No government would ever pay

out £8 million to anyone especially as a bullet costs less than a pound and an unmarked grave costs nothing.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Clearly your best story, the rest is chaff compared to this. I thoroughly enjoyed this tale, it engaged me fully, l just had to read it thorough.

Scores 5/5, wish l could give it more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Read this in one go and it was wonderful. Mysterious till the end. You are a great writer!! Thank you for this story.

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 2 years ago

Marvellous

A great tale out of life

Heart touching and realistic

Keep it up

Hotfoot2Hotfoot2over 2 years ago

Knocked my socks off, again. Like you did with 'Words'. Thank you.

OnethirdOnethirdover 2 years ago

Excellent story, no doubt about it. Belongs in the LW category for sure- that was such a strange bittersweet relationship for both parties. I was kind of hoping she’d pull out and settle down like her spy partner, but she had too much penance built up and had to push to the end. I generally like happy endings and this is more melancholy, but it is very good food for thought.

A01butal75A01butal75over 2 years ago
Perhaps the best I've read

This without a doubt is beyond the scope of a simple rating system, so maybe a five squared is as close as I can come. I am in in awe of your work, you are an artist, thankyou for allowing the readers (especially myself) to enjoy you work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, really. Well done. This is probably my third reading, maybe fourth, and it still moves me. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

can't express what i am feeling right now. part of me thinks that she cheated on him and deserved to be robbed of love, but other part feels sad and think that she really did love him. perhaps in some other world they were together. perhaps she find solace at last..

you are a great writer...

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

Wow what a tale, what a story teller

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry, but this story is crap. ⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written, but ultimately pointless.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 2 years ago

How did I miss this when it came out? A professionally written piece among the very best on this site.

Full marks,and I’d vote twice if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow! This tops most of the stories I've bought over decades. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Some men actually can stand pencil thin eyebrows?!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Lol, what trash of a story was this!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Clarissa McDonald should not have died. I am so sad for her. She was what she was made to be but did have some human parts to her in her marriage.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXalmost 2 years ago

I don't like everything you write but when they are good they are really good. Enjoyed this one as a story but also the writing.

YouamiYouamialmost 2 years ago

Holy Fuck, jezzaz!!!!! What a complex tale of love, spying and betrayal. I was content that you chose not to put a RAAC ending to this story. I feel it would have ruined the dynamics between Rich and these fucking secret service types. So bravo my friend

rbloch66rbloch66almost 2 years ago

Jesus H Christ!!! Nothing like life letting you know just how insignificant you are in the big picture.

5 stars for the rawness.

TrambakTrambakalmost 2 years ago

A sad tale. The MC suffered. Still, I am not able to trash Clarissa. Her motivations were patriotic. That's the problem.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ok, this is fiction, but the obvious and sad thing is that life can be either full of joy or full of shit.. everyone life.. so good luck to you, to us..

JackDancerJackDanceralmost 2 years ago

By far one of the most intriguing and compelling LW stories I've ever read. I think it would make a great film or a limited series, and I think I will print it and bind it (with appropriate references), and set it on my bookshelf with my Ian Flemming, James Grady, Robert Ludlum, and Bill Granger works. Thank you for this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Damn! A well written intriguing story. Thanks for sharing it. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Heartbreaking.

tanglosaxtanglosaxover 1 year ago

Wow, extremely well written, one of the best written stores on Lit. BUT, I confess I didn't like it. No offense, Jezzaz, but it was just too depressing for me to enjoy. I hope you continue writing. You haven't posted in a while, but I will keep looking. Thanks, Tanglosax

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of best stories I have read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written but too dark. Horrifying actually.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeftover 1 year ago

Five stars. Well written and gripping story.

Please write more, now that the pandemic seems to be easing up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Could not vote on this one sorry to say, well written not a bad-ish plot. Maybe it's the way its presented as us and them, not too sure at this stage, maybe its the happy ever after bit that is so far-fetched it can make one puke. PS you cannot rebuild someone that is damaged by mindless torture. Of that I can promise you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I gave it a 2 star rating because of the length and I found it really boring. The interaction with the major was not necessary because everything was laid out again by Clarissa/Donna making the story longer for no real reason. Having been around people like Clarissa and the major who have hurt and even killed people I know that these people can never really love. At best these people will grow to like or tolerate people around them but they never truly love anyone because everyone is expendable and a threat to their safety.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 1 year ago

Held my attention through being way too long for this site and category. But very well written.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

Sensationally good story. Mature writing. It looks as good as professionally thought out, written and edited to me, from my layman's perspective. I can't give it enough stars. I have no background in the intelligence world, but in the world of this story, I would as a mature human being, there would need to be an exit path for the operatives, and counseling to return them to "normalcy". If none of your people get out, who but a freaking idiot would go in, or stay in?

JAFCritic3JAFCritic3over 1 year ago

I want to point out a section towards the end of page 9.

"As to your original question, yes, everything I showed you was real. As real as it could be," she qualified, at the end.

"What does that mean?"

"It means that while everything I showed you was real, it wasn't everything there was to show you. I couldn't tell you what I did for a living. I couldn't come home and cry on your shoulder if an asset was burned. I couldn't come and complain to you about office bureaucracy. I couldn't explain the stress I was under. You weren't able to be there for everything I needed you for. Not because you wouldn't have, but because I couldn't tell you."

I pondered that for a moment. I could see what she was talking about. That sucked, from her end. It sucked from mine just a little bit more, but still... I could see it. Then another question occurred.

Then he asks if they were ever going to have kids. However, it occurs to me that he missed a more important question. If she couldn’t open up to him about these issues, the day to day things to the life ending traumatic events, where did she find that emotional and mental support from? Being able to talk openly about your day with your spouse, getting the support from your partner that you’re not getting from the job is a huge part of the relationship process. If she can’t lean on her husband with her troubles, who does she go to with this? Doesn’t that lead to an emotional connection or affair?

BoxerR100BoxerR100over 1 year ago

Well done. Thanks for the enjoyable read.

Hotfoot2Hotfoot2over 1 year ago

Perfect in every way.

NgatiDylanNgatiDylanover 1 year ago

Great story with humour and pathos. One major mistake though, Amazon does deliver to New Zealand !:)

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

What started, to my mind , as a rather strange thing turned out to be a very good story, I liked it, characters, plot, descriptions. Really enjoyed reading this.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Wow! Great story!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

bobareenobobareenoabout 1 year ago

Engrossing and well written.

TeggeTeggeabout 1 year ago

You put together such a complete and engrossing story that you will surely be missed when you hang up your quill. Thanks so much!

Helen1899Helen1899about 1 year ago

Just a great story, nothing more to say. 5*

BriteaseBriteaseabout 1 year ago

Even better on the second read.

schulz777schulz777about 1 year ago

2 starrs.

Sorry, Not your best story.

Once your guy was tortured - story went to shiiittt, and no matter how hard you tried the fairy-tale ending wasn't believable at all.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I both loved it, and hated it. Very conflicted on this one, but that probably means you did a good job.

Thanks KS

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story - one of the best I’ve read on Literotica. Great storyline- great character development. Bravo jezzaz

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Awesome story. One of rhe best here.

Reading comments...cannot believe the fee who didn't like it?

No accounting for taste I guess? Your score here reflects that the overwhelming majority did give it 5 stars.

tinfoilhattinfoilhat10 months ago

Wow. This is the best story from this writer. Thank you.

tinfoilhattinfoilhat10 months ago

I have to amend my post 15 minutes ago. I haven't read all of jezzaz's stories. I felt this was an exceptional story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I really liked this story. Very raw and a great ramp up. I… I kinda wish that they had gotten back together. I think she may have been a good partner had she given it all up at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

There was no way to get back together once (a) he had been caught and tortured for 2 years and left to rot by her agency, and (b) when he learned that she was a secret agent. That sort of deception is massive. Honestly it isn't even the adultery. It is the whole cloth of everything she did and hid from him that shoe a personality that is incongruent with what he thought. Imagine you were married to an assassin who had a cover job. Or a hit man? Or a spy? Or in her cases Miss Bond. But the torture for so.long would just crush his spirt and break him. That is extensive. And knowing that it was partly her fault and her agency for letting him rot. Yes she tried, but his suffering was too massive and she played a part in him being kidnapped. Thr ending seems a bit rosy. Even if he is capable of a life with Susan, there is no way that he gets away with the leak. From their side, they would quickly ascertain or assume it is him. He would either be taken out or imprisoned for life on trumped up charges.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What ever happened to Clarissa's savings?... did she will it to Rich?... she should have, though I am glad he had the forsight to not get reinvolved with her... he's learning... excellent story... quite exciting, insightful, and gratifying. 5-stars.

jopstorm1945jopstorm19456 months ago

Good he didi not not got back togeter with that slut.

He wa more than a decent guy.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I got tired with the build up because I hate dumb mcs. This is supposed to be a story so why cant the mc be bright and clever, and constantly watching their wife as men who are attracted to good looking women do. Being stupid just drags the plot out and then the reader is thanked for getting that far by an unhappy ending. (death) Sorry but I missed thd middle bit and was glad of it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

makes you wonder how common this is in real life ?? when you think about it the connection of a spouse would not only be a good way to ground an agent,but also good cover to mask what an agent really is .

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

An excellent story that is well deserved for the 5 stars I and others gave you. Buried in this compliment is the fact that you gave too much detail throughout, and repeated previously known information. I tended to skip through those parts and carried on reading to find out how the story ended. Well done excellent writer, but you could have made it shorter and it would have

better.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Agree wholeheartedly with the commenter from 3 months ago with "There was no way...". Good story. Unique but at times repetitive. Still 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

5 Stars on a story that makes you really think about it .. I love well written stories like this one

Rolando1225Rolando12254 months ago

Great story. I wish there were many more stories like this here. It had everything love, intrigue, betrayal, redemption, acceptance. For me it was a pleasure to read it. I personally consider Richard naive, trustworthy, and in love for the first time in his life. He was truly a happy married man. She was almost everything he wanted and needed in a wife as far as he was concerned. He may have been unobservant, but he wasn't a fool. He just trusted her, and she was a trained, experienced, and intelligent operative versed in lying, double crossing, and using and manipulating people in the name of the greater good. In her own way, she loved him too and needed him as much as he needed her. At the end, her job and the lies derailed their relationship and exposed the deceit, and lies it was built upon. It was meant to happen in one way or another eventually. Definitely a 10-stars story. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I understand that the story HAD to end the way it did, but part of me still wishes for a 'happier' ending, like them being together, or dying together. He was very much a 'Hobbit'; trusting and honest and caring, but when it came down to it there was a diamond-hard core of self-sacrifice and survival that exceeded hers. Well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjezzaz@jezzaz
I don’t know why this bit exists? Like I’m gonna tell you about myself.