All Comments on 'Lie To Me'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 132 Comments (Page 2)
LenardSpencerLenardSpencer11 months ago

Thank you, Cagivagurl. I enjoyed this little trip down memory lane. I also started with Motorbikes: an AJS 500 that my father said I had to strip down to fully understand the engine. Then on to a wonderful Triumph 750 Bonne and Norton Commando. But I also took car racing lessons at Ruapuna so that I could blat around the track in my Lancia Volumex and specially imported Subaru Sports Coupe and Rotary Mazda. Mmmmmm memories.

The story was interesting but we never really got to understand the POV of Anton and his friend Reubin.

I was a businessman (Single)who travelled on sometimes 4 flights week and err made the aquaintance of numerous Trolley Dollies on 3 different airlines. We all knew it was just for fun but the stories they could tell. LOL.

bobareenobobareeno11 months ago

I liked the switcheroo, where the lady was being cheated on by her handsome swain, however, she is never successfully imbued with the pathos of the cheated upon spouse that arises in those tales where the male is cheated on by his wife. I’m not sure if this is because of the character portrayed, a tough tom-girl, or this reader’s failure to identify with the female MC. In either event, a well written tale. I do think that if the MC had been male, his transformation into a bisexual/homosexual would have been a bit much. But, I guess it could have been foreshadowed similarly, through his relationship with his mom, baking, sewing, knitting, and whatnot. But it might have seemed somewhat silly. In any event, thanks, Cagivagurl, for another worthy story.

JackInYerBoxJackInYerBox11 months ago

LMAO @ the overworked " fragile male ego" trope. If any guy wants to see a true fragile ego, next time your wife/girlfriend asks " do these pants make me look fat?", just tell her " no, dear, those pants don't make you look fat. Your big, wide ass makes you look fat."

I never keep reading this author past her first man-hating cliche. So far. I have yet to get past page 1.

The author is not mistaken in her belief that men are assholes. She is mistaken in her belief that women aren't.

1*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I am now retired 23 years from an aviation related job of 38 years continuous duration.

I have heard a story very similar to this one before. I believe it may have made TV way back years ago. This story is surely exaggerated by about 300% or more.

I don't believe this story is a original work of this author.

A real woman - Hard headed Bike racing girl just don't go for lezie in my book.

Nothing wrong with Lez mind you it's just the character doesn't match.

Grade of 2 because I didn't like the overall structure of the story.

snornsnorn11 months ago

Lol, so much "Anon" hate - don't listen to them, they're ridiculous fools.

Great story, fun read, as usual.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I always like to read a Cagivagurl story, even when I’m not fond of the content. You sure know how to get a reaction out of your readers. Thanks for your efforts. KS

Highway69_50Highway69_5010 months ago

Thank you, Cagivagurl, great writing as always. Your work is hard to put down once I start reading.

JackInYerBoxJackInYerBox10 months ago

Uess the person below is actually named "snorn", he/she/it is also anonymous. The opinions of those who read the stories without bothering to sign in under the pseudonyms we all use here are just as valid as anyone else's. I sign in as JackInYerBox, but I am just as anonymous as those who post anonymously.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good story if a bit repetitious. But the ending wrecked it. Suddenly becoming lesbian out of nowhere? Not bloody likely. Some women “come out” later in life, but it is always preceded by questions, doubts, and inklings about their true reality.

TracklTrackl10 months ago

At first, you may think that its a very decent story. And to be honest, if I didnt knew who the author is, I'd say it is. But man... I cant remember one Cagi story with male mc and not ending with pathetic raac. And no, Im not against raac when its justified, but what Cagivagurl's cheating wives get away with is just crazy... public humiliation, carrying another man's child, affairs lasting for years. How can anyone stay married after that is beyond me. Hell, comparing to them Anton is almost saint.

So yeah... I might be an ass for giving 1/5 to a good story for double standards, and to be honest I kinda expected it would end like that... But hell, as author cannot change his/hers pattern, I cannot change what I dislike.

XluckyleeXluckylee10 months ago

Started good went downhill at end how does a woman madly in love with a man become in love with a woman? 2 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Aww shame she.Couldn’t get over her ‘fragile female ego’. Had to throw that out there as do many of your and other ‘cheating wives’ writer like to throw that out when a cheated on husband struggles when pushed to reconciliation by the women in those tales.

It’s a common part of your takes to have the male character brow beaten by their cheating spouse, friends, families and random councillors. But I’m your occasional cheating husband takes it’s straight to divorce and revenge.

A tad hypocritical don’t you think.

I don’t like cheating or cheaters but the double standards really irritate me

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzy10 months ago

Another good story from a very good author. Liked the public TV revenge aspect, the cheaters club and pilots got what they deserved. Not sure about her becoming lesbian, didn’t seem to fit well to me. Why can’t people just be friends and support each other without jumping into bed? No hint that wife was bi or gay before hubby cheated, so I’m not sure she really is gay. I’ve got plenty of gay friends and family, so not a homophonic comment, just a story plot/flow comment. Not my story, though, so I respect author’s decision. 5 stars from me as a well written story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Fell asleep after the first page

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I remember one time my niece was dating a woman. And then she showed up to a family gathering, dating a guy. Her father and I were good friends, so I asked him what was up? He said, a lot of young women take up with other women. Not because they are gay, but because men treat them so bad.... This guy was non judgmental, and pretty smart. I think maybe that is the case with this woman. And this is actually the same reason why, men stop dating/ looking for marriage after age 50. Unless he has enough $$$$ to draw in a much younger woman, what is the point?

My next store neighbors mom recently passed away. I talked to the dad a few days ago. He introduced me to his new “ girlfriend”. They are both in their late 60’s. As we discussed “ retirement”, he said he works every day, on his girlfriends farm. She piped in, “ but you get Sunday’s off” . I think she worked her first husband to death, and was just looking for a replacement. Being single, I guess, isn’t so bad.....5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

To the question of a few days ago on why lesbian, because the author is trans and supports all the alternative lifestyles.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So all the jilted me in your stories have to suck it up and deal with being cheated on, but on the other foot the man is a scumbag that needs to be burned... Seems equal to me...

usaretusaret10 months ago

Didn’t care for the end. Average.

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

You are one very talented writer, but I just don’t like the people you write about.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt9 months ago

Good story, too much truth there... thank you.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

really liked that this was from a faithful woman's point of view.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfox8 months ago

Five stars for a great story!! I wish that I could give more. This story has netted a lot of controversy over what should have happened. I hate cheaters no matter who the cheater was, my take on cheating has to do with justice for the cheated on. Anton got exactly what he deserved. The ending about Niki turning lesbian doesn't wash at all, it is not stated she turned lesbian just that she turned to someone she admires and loves as a good and faithful friend. Maybe she will become bi and still have the chance of another love with a male of the species.

How many of you women out there reading these stories had a bi encounter with your roommate during your University years but ended up marrying a man and having kids and lived a life till death do part, Huh? Curiosity and deep friendships with other women don't have to lead to total lesbian love. Now if the Author was to expand the story to say that the love between Niki and Diane was the future for them then ok. Still a damn good story. Thanks and KUDOS.

WillowghbyWillowghby7 months ago
Nice Story

Nice, well written story - enjoyable even - about universally unlikable characters.

BTW, anyone who feels the MC's biker-gurl background precludes a bit of lezzie romantics, never bumped into a bull-dyke that could kick his ass.

Thanks for the "lie" story, C-gurl.

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice reversal where the husband is the recidivist cheater. Nice btb. Good for the MC!

Ocker53Ocker535 months ago

One thing I have notice with this author, when it’s the wife who cheats, no matter how much she humiliates her husband, their is always RAAC but when it’s the husband who is the cheater, then it’s once and done. Quiet telling I think for her partner in real life but still a good story⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Ocker53 nailed it. Very interesting. It's clear this author does understand the impacts of betrayal... if a woman is betrayed. If a woman cheats... it's gaslight or manipulate the man into a crazy RAAC that is 100% against his principles...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I read this when it first came out and then returned several times. I love that she doesn't take any shot and can see that the trust is gone so it can't be rescued. I have to say the ending isn't unlikely at all-time I have several friends who have moved on from marriages to men to a relationship with a woman and frankly in each case it made perfect sense. I know that sounds quite cold but once a seemingly decent bloke has screwed you over the friends you have can start to look like a better option.

TwentysevenTwentyseven4 months ago

Glad she maintained the rage. I'm not a big fan of pretty boys.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon4 months ago

Normal fare. scored a 1 accordingly.

strawboystrawboy2 months ago

From first reading the title then all through the read I heard the video version of that tune in my head. Bekka Bramlett on backup so thanks for that. Oh, story was pretty good too.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This author writes completely differently if the wife is the chested upon / aggrieved party vs if the wife is the actual cheater. Smdh. So blatantly different that it is almost comical. Author is talented with dialog and words but the whiplash from a loving wife story to a loving husband story is just crazy.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...