Lies Truths or Perception Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The perception is that you dumped your husband for a week of sexual pleasure in the city of romance. They caught a picture of Dinah's face going white and published it online the same day. The New York Times gossip reporter stated the only reason that Dinah Richards's face went white was that she believed she would not be caught.

Dinah called Bridget as soon as she could, who listen to her claim that this was all a mistake. Bridget suggested the first thing she should do is go online and read the social pages of the New York Times from the day she left. It will show you the truth's that we who know you have now come to believe. If the New York Times published it, it has to be the truth.

About two hours later Bridget answered her cellphone, "What do you want Dinah?"

"I read the article's and they have been spun all the wrong way," Dinah said. "What we did was for the publicity, none of it was real."

"Dinah, you took of your wedding rings before you even left. That said more than anything else. Your problem is that no one will believe you no matter what you say," Bridget stated. "Have you read Trey's divorce petition? If not, read it because your denial even to most of your followers comes across as the lie?"

"We all know that if the New York Times prints it, it must be the "truth' Otherwise why would much of what they say be carried by the television stations nationwide," Bridget added. "Their words are quoted and supported by most of them."

"Why? I haven't had time. I've come home to find everything a mess," She replied.

"Trey overheard you telling me about having your tube's tied," Bridget said. "He hired a lawyer to get to the truth. When you read the papers, you were served with you will see what he found out. He's going for an annulment because he believes you lied and conned him into marriage."

"But his thinking is all wrong. I married him because I did love him," Dinah said.

"Dinah your own lies and conduct have caught up to you and forced him to see what you really are. Your action has destroyed what little love he had left for you. He was so upset he even talked to your father and mother," Bridget said. "They told him to divorce you because what you did to all of them is unforgivable. They too have had enough of your bullshit."

"Oh god, what am I going to do?" Dinah wondered. "My drive for monetary success has led to this. It was my friendship with one of the editors of the New York Times who taught me how to manipulate things so that the general public would accept it as the truth. It has taken four years, but it worked amazingly well. It was made perfectly clear by that editor that perception had more influence and power than anything else."

"Live with it," Bridget said. "Those perceptions have cost you your marriage, your relationship with your parents, and now our friendship. I can't believe I bought your bs. It's too late for the truth to have a value in your case because you by your actions have made it worthless. So please don't call me again. I don't like what you did and who you have become. To satisfy your own goals you deliberately hurt and used the ones you claim to love. I have had to ask myself if you did this to them out of love what would you do to those you hate."

Dinah had failed to understand that the power of perception came with the influence of suggestion caused by presenting something in such a way that one's perception accepted it without question as to be the truth.

It was a tool used by the mass media to attempt to sway elections, beliefs, and understandings quite effectively to satisfy their agenda and create hype and tension out of simple things. They knew that most of the population was too lazy to search out the facts Their truths became what the mass media wanted them to believe. It was that perception that governed the masses. Lies and truths were only used to aid the promotion of the perception they wanted the masses to believe.

The reason they did it was to gain readerships or viewers to increase the profit of their organizations. Only higher numbers of followers would satisfy their greed. That same type of tool was used to bring people into ISIS and other terrorist groups.

Dinah realized that she had one chance and that was talking to me. I was just leaving the office for the day when the receptionist informed me that my wife was there to see me. I said I would be right out.

I went out carrying the framed picture of her that I had on my desk. Stopping in front of her I said, "Do you want this?"

Dinah said, "No."

Handing it to the receptionist I said, "Could you please throw this picture in the trash as neither one of us has any reason to keep it."

Dinah got teary-eyed and said, "Can we go somewhere private and talk?"

"No need, I wouldn't believe a thing you said," I said as I took off my wedding ring handing it to her. "You can put this with yours wherever you have it hidden because I can see it's not on your hand. That tells me all I need to know. Our marriage ended the moment you told Bridget what you had done and why. What you didn't know was that I was working underneath our deck and heard it. You made it clear in what you said and did that you had to make sure your lies became the truth. If I talked to you it would just be more of your mind games."

"Email me where you want your personal belonging sent to, the rest can be decided by the lawyers. Don't contact me again, were done because the New York Times and you have humiliated me enough. To many of your followers, I'm nothing but a laughingstock." I said in a raised voice.

"Telling all via the New York Times that what you were doing was acceptable because we had an open marriage was just like you because it was over the top, Like so much of your bs it had no basis of truth," I said. "And like all you have done it had nothing to do with the facts. The New York Times made it quite clear that you were enjoying your romantic fling with your boy toy in Paris. I'm sure it will be accepted as a fact in divorce court. After all, if the New York Times reports it, it must be the truth."

Without a further word, I went to the elevator and called for one to come. The receptionist couldn't believe what she was seeing. She had never seen me act this cold to anyone. I could hear Dinah sobbing as I walked away.

As I waited, I heard the office receptionist say, "Ms. Richards your no longer recognized as being acceptable in this office. Please leave and never return. The next time I see you here I will call building security and have you escorted out. I won't allow a whore like you to smell up this place. Trey Richards is the most respected person in this office and a friend to us all. None of us find it humorous that you used the New York Times to end your marriage. He did not deserve being dumped by you in such a pubic way."

Dinah was shocked, she hadn't dumped her husband as far as she was concerned but the office receptionist believed she did.

As I rode down the elevator, I removed her from my contacts on my cellphone. By the time I had got to the bottom she had called. Before evening answering her, I had blocked her calls. I went into settings and shut the GPS off because I knew that with it turned on my phone would be easy to track. All it would take was someone with a bit of intelligence with the right kind of app."

I was headed to the subway which would take me to the nearest exit so I could catch the bus home when Bridget called.

"Dinner at seven my house. I'm already home. I took the afternoon off after I heard the great news directly from Dinah that she'd been served. You could have told me," she said. "Pick up some red wine as I got a roast of beef already in the oven."

"Sounds good," I said with excitement. "I will take a taxi after I get the wine so I should be early."

It was about half an hour walk to my favorite beverage store. I bought two bottles of a better quality of the red wine, a bottle of Crown Royal, and a two-liter bottle of coke before flagging down a taxi.

I was about ten minutes from home when Bridget texted me. Garage open run from the taxi in. Dinah and her entourage are at your home waiting for you. The situation does not look good.

Taxi's in New York are famous for dropping you at the curb. It took an extra twenty for him to agree to pull into the driveway. As soon as I ran in, she began shutting down the bay door.

We were both hoping I wasn't seen because we both understood the Queen Bee was now a Drama Queen who had lost control. We both assumed that in Dinah's state of mind and with her view of how marriage was supposed to be anything was possible.

"Make yourself at home," Bridget said, "Then pour us some of the wine. I'm going to change quickly in case what was going on was noticed."

I did as Bridget asked. I undid the suit jacket and vest taking them off along with my tie. Undid three buttons on my shirt. Before getting the wine glasses out I rolled up my sleeve's. Let me tell you that there are times that you wish you were elsewhere. This was not one of them because right in front of me I knew I was seeing the kind of life I wanted.

When Bridget returned, she took my breath away. She had let her red hair down, removed her makeup, and changed into sensual evening wear. The sheer full-length black nightgown was designed as if it were a fine screen allowing one a glimpse of her sweet flesh. I could spend hours worshiping her full soft inviting breasts. My instant hard-on told us both I was caught in a losing battle. Bridget's bright eyes showed me that she was pleased with my automatic response.

We had just kissed and were sharing the first taste of the medium wine I had bought when there was a knock at the door. I moved from the view of the front door as Bridget went to answer it.

"Hi, Dinah, what do you want," Bridget said. "As you can see, I am kind of busy my boyfriend is here and is staying the night."

"It was noticed that a taxi dropped someone off at your house," Dinah said. "Since Trey has not shown up, I instantly thought it might be him."

"So, you got one of your entourage watching my place. Why am I not surprised? When you talk to Trey do me a favor let him know that thanks to him my new relationship is working out great." Trish requested. "Even my parents have given us their blessing because they think he may be my perfect mate. My mom is already dreaming about babysitting the grandchildren."

"Is he someone we both know? Dinah asked.

"Based on what I now know about the man I'm falling in love with I would have to say definitely not," Bridget responded with truth as she closed the door in her face.

She walked towards me trying to hold in her giggles. I held up my left hand to see if she would notice. She did.

"When did that happen," she asked?

I told her what had transpired in the office before she went back into the bedroom to change because she was still cooking our dinner. When she came out, she discovered me peeling the potatoes she had set out for supper.

"Were going to have to figure out how to get me clean clothing," I said. "Thank god I wear a standard size."

"You just might be stuck here until Monday," Bridget said. "I don't think Dinah will be going anywhere this weekend because she believes you have to come home sometime. I guess she didn't get the message when you threw your wedding band in her face."

Let me call my dad's tailor and see what he can deliver for you on short notice." Bridget said.

I reached into my pocket and took out my wallet handing it to her I said. "Have him deliver a size forty-two jacket, thirty-four-inch waist, thirty-inch leg length, shirts fifteen and a half neck, vest, and tie. Best add a second set and a pair of silk pajamas if he has it. Blue jeans, t-shirts, and whatever else I have not mentioned."

"What about underwear and socks," Bridget asked.

"Of course," I replied. "have it applied to my credit card.

I listened as she placed the order. It was surprising what color she decided I would look good in. They said they would pull the order as soon as possible and it would be delivered in a rush via a courier within two hours if we were willing to pay the fee.

It was fun working together as a couple finishing what she had started. Bridget seemed surprised at how adept I was in the kitchen. I set the table as she transferred the food into bowls and serving plates for the table, Gravy made from drippings, Yorkshire pudding, mash potatoes with lumps, corn on the cob, and of course the beef roast.

Joking she said as the head of the house it's your job to slice the roast. So, I surprised her and did. I ate like a horse going back for seconds and thirds. I knew if she continued to feed me like this, I would end up rounder than 'Boss Hog.' I told her so. Her response said it all because her face was glowing.

After dinner as we cleaned up, she asked me if we had a small kitchenette at work. I told her yes, she said well then, I can pack you lunch on Sunday night for you to take with you on Monday. Doing the dishes together took a long time because we were doing a lot of kissing.

I was impressed my new clothes were delivered within two hours. Bridget signed for them. We unpacked them in the living room. I was impressed the quality of the clothing was top notch. The first three-piece suit came with and extra pair of pants and was a black pin-striped suit. The second a dark navy blue. I had enough new socks and underwear to last me for two weeks. Whoever had put the overall order together had color-coordinated it well?

After removing all the packaging, price stickers and unneeded labels I asked her where I should put it and she said in your side of the master bedroom clothes closet. We carried them in together. I was surprised she hadn't used it all. I had lots of room to hang my two new suits. We hung the six new dress shirts, and my blue jean shirts. The rest went onto empty shelves.

She said I might as well get ready for bed since I was in here already. I gathered up my suit jacket, vest, and tie. As I undressed, I hung my suit up. I was thankful that she used Ivory soap instead of a woman's scented one. I had a quick shower and put on clean new clothes. It was the first time I wore pajamas in years.

Coming out of the bedroom I said, "Bridget can I have a small garbage bag to put my laundry in?"

"Just throw it in the laundry basket," she replied. "We will have to do the laundry before Monday anyway."

After doing just that as I came back out, she caught me in my black silk pajamas with her cellphone camera and set it for her lock screen.

When Bridget came back out in the nightgown, she had worn earlier her underwear was missing. You would have to be a completed idiot not to see where this is going.

Taking my hand in hers she said, "Before we go any further, I want to know your long term plans are."

I laughed and replied seriously, "I want what your parents have!"

She looked at me with love in her eyes and said, "It's taken them years of hard work together as a couple to get where they are now."

I smiled, leaned down, wrapped my arms around her tight then kissed her with as much love and desire as I could before speaking. "Do you think we can put the needs of the other first like they did?"

I guess I said the words she needed to hear because she responded in glee. "I think that as a couple we are going to be having a lot of fun trying."

Sometimes the most intimate thing you can do is just a little thing. For us it was not hopping into bed it was lying on the sofa cuddling each other, holding each other while sharing sweet tender kisses. The discovery of being a couple falling in love for all the right reasons was enough.

We were still on the sofa when the knocking at the door rudely woke us up. It was after ten am in the morning. Bridget got up and went to answer the front door thankful that the chain lock was still on. Opening the door, the inch or two the chain allowed she discovered it was Dinah.

"What do you want Dinah," Bridget said in anger. "you woke my intended and I out of a sound sleep."

"My husband Trey didn't come home last night, and none of his conducts have seen him," Dinah said. "I'm starting to get worried about him. I was wondering if you had heard from him."

"Too little too late, I'm afraid. I don't buy your worry, sorry," Bridget said, "You publicly dump him via the New York Times, have your entourage say you have an open marriage, and do everything you can in Paris to prove it. The perception of your many followers proves it. The only question is why did it take three years to dump him."

"Look I'm not going to argue with you about Trey," Dinah said. "My parents read me the riot act last night to. I get it you all feel that I got what I deserve for what you all think I have done. Perhaps your all right, Perhaps your all wrong. There are always two sides to every story. Just let me know if you see him that he's alright."

With that said Bridget closed the door walked and walked back to me. I had found where the stuff was needed to make coffee and had started a pot.

"Do you think Dinah is really concerned?" Bridget asked.

"There was no concern in her voice at all," I said. "She's definitely trying to find out who you're with. It's a good thing I turned the GPS off otherwise she would know right where I was. It looks like she trying to figure out how to manage the situation instead of facing it. Until she faces the truth, I'm afraid we still will be having problems going forth."

We were sitting on the couch side by side enjoying our closeness, still lounging around in our bedtime clothes enjoying our first cup when a smile came across Bridget's face and with a giggle, she said: "We going to have some fun today if I can get a little help."

Picking up her cellphone she called her dad.

"Are you and mom doing anything important today," Bridget asked? "I ask because Trey and I could use your help."

The next thing I heard was Bridget said, "Yeah he's here, the divorce has started. Can you come to pick up his phone take it downtown before turning the GPS on and then hit different spots every hour? We think his phone's being tracked and if we're right it will give Trey a chance to get some of his personal belongings out of their house."

Again, another pause then Bridget said, "Thanks we will see you in an hour."

Bridget went and got dressed first, I followed. We both dressed casually in blue jeans and t-shirts. I had a blue jean shirt on but left it open and untucked. While getting ready for the day I called the New York Times tip line and left a message for the gossip lady.

Her parents were early. We talked for a few before they left. While we were on the sofa the spread, she had on had crumbled. As a result, her parents got the idea of where I had slept. When Bridget's father saw it he smiled. Clarence suggested I change my facial appearance for a while until things settled down. From the media coverage, he believed that Dinah was going to cause ongoing problems. That's when we decided a full beard and mustache would be started.

They called Bridget when they turned on my cellphone and changed the settings turning the GPS on. It wasn't fifteen minutes till two cars left my place and headed out. My ex-wife was in one of them. Just in case I climbed over the back yard fence and entered my home from the rear. A quick look proved it was empty.

Loading up my car with my belongings took about two hours. I left the items I knew that Dinah had bought for me behind along with all my socks and underwear. Outside of clothing the only thing I did was reset the home computer to its original factory condition. In doing that any connection to my office was permanently gone.

I took one last look around the house, as I took the house keys off of my key chain placing them with the garage door opener on the kitchen counter. For me, it symbolized putting the past behind me. Freeing me to move forward with my life.