Life and Times of a Priestess Ch. 20 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was condescending politeness in his tone but it was as close to respect as the man was capable. Danella believed he was genuine in this.

"I will find Hugo. Please wait here." She asked him.

As she went through the door of the bar into the back rooms she sensed his presence behind her. She had expected as much, that he would not obey that command. Still she hoped he would honour his agreement not to harm Marie. She was grateful to note that his bodyguards were not with him. A compromise appeared to be respected.

"Hugo!" she called in advance warning. She knew that Hugo would be with Marie. Perhaps he was aware of Gorge's arrival and was staying away, hoping that the menace would disappear. Or perhaps Hugo was oblivious, taking the dues which he had extracted from Marie in return for her 'protection' and residence.

As Gorge followed her upstairs the presence of Hugo appeared on the landing. "Hello Gorge. Is anything wrong?"

"Marie is wrong, that's what." Gorge's anger was again apparent, but Danella judged, it remained controlled. "She's run off with some of my money. You don't happen to know where she is do you? I know she works for you. I expect she's come back to you. Is she here now. I want to see her." There was no mistaking the suppressed terror in Hugo's eyes, but the burly landlord was familiar with the rough world of this quarter of Dumis. He had doubtless survived over the years under the threat of Gorge and only he knew what other local gangsters might exist here.

"I have promised the lovely Danella here that I won't hurt her. I just want to talk to her. Danella says she won't be my friend if I break my promise. I would like to be her friend so Marie is safe, but I do want to speak to her."

Evidently Hugo did not consider it sensible to hide Marie from Gorge. Probably he took into account that Gorge was without bodyguards and that Danella's presence was a guarantee.

"Marie is staying here now Gorge. I don't want any trouble now. This is my place. I hope you respect that. I have never interfered with any of your business, so I hope you won't interfere with mine. I have a stake in Marie too so I don't want you doing her any harm. I'm sure you can work some arrangement out."

"Okay Hugo, it's a deal. I just want to talk to her for a little while. Then I'll go. You can stay in the room if you want."

"Right." Hugo gestured him towards Marie's room. "You can get back to work now Danella. I'll look after this. Thanks," he added for Danella's sake. It was the first time he had ever showed gratitude in the week she had been here, although he had paid her some compliments. She was impressed by the way he had handled Gorge and so her respect for him grew.

She stood back to let Gorge pass here on the stairs. He laid his hand on the small of her back as he passed and his eyes flashed greedily over her shape communicating his interest in no uncertain terms.

*

"I'll see you again Danella. I think I shall become a regular visitor to your bar, while you consider the offers I have made." She shivered that such a callous man should consider himself fit for her, but she admitted to herself that the influence she had cast over him appeared to improve him. The dislike which she felt did not deny the excitement she also felt at his obvious interest.

Smiling she withdrew down the stairs, waiting long enough at the bottom to hear the door shut as Hugo and Gorge disappeared into Marie's room. Minutes later back in the bar Gorge and Hugo behind him reappeared through the doorway. Evidently Gorge had kept his word. Danella was relieved, for she could not trust him entirely.

"Goodbye darling," Gorge said to her. "Very nice to meet you. No need to worry! We've come to some agreement. When you've thought over my offer of employment come and see me when you're ready. I stay at the Hotel Metropolis. Just ask for me at their reception, any time, or if you only want a chat. And I shall certainly be in here once in a while since I know that you exist." With that he left the bar with his bodyguards in tow.

12