All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 45'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 119 Comments (Page 2)
shyqashshyqashalmost 8 years ago

Working on Ch46.

Just took a first read and all I can say is that if you taught you have the storyline figured out, well, I'm still trying to assimilate the new twist.

shyqashshyqashalmost 8 years ago

Should be tought, not taught

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

@shyquash...could you inform us, when the editing will be completed and the chapter posted

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 8 years ago
Yay

Glad to hear you were able to complete the chapter James. I cant wait to read it, hopefully the editing process goes quickly so we can enjoy it. Thank you for sticking with us. So many authors have dropped such interesting stories and vanished. I am so glad you haven't.

shyqashshyqashalmost 8 years ago

@ Anon

Sorry, but I don't know. Even when Finalstand submits a chapter, it takes soem time for Lit to publish it.

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Submitted [Evening July 26th 2016]

Done. On to Chapter 47.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thanks for Updated

Yes :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
awesome

what is the url for 46 going to be? url often activates at 12am central time, then shows up in category around 1am central, then shows up in "new stories" around 2am central

SnowRevolSnowRevolalmost 8 years ago
The Chapter is Online!

But not showing in refreshed page listing atm I saw lol. but the Annons mention about URL's going up first is true, Due to FS Sticking to his naming it follow all other chapters Urls with just 1-45 turned into 46(no ? or Page number) Get your Fix Boy, Toys, and Girls!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Question

Loving the story and the last few chapters have really improved the quality of late, it's so much more interesting when it involves the amazons and Cael's struggles rather than the war stuff so these chapters have been awesome like many of the earlier ones! Question: I understand about house challenges in general, but I would've thought that in Ishara's case it would be a temporary exception, not only because Cael is "technically" the only true Isharan by blood (I know they're not all about true-blood and the like, like the other houses but still), but he also promised the council he would only lead until his daughter was old enough to replace him right? If so, how can anyone challenge him for leadership when they already have a plan set in motion, cuz that doesn't make any sense so I was confused. Lastly though I love the story, as a writer one should be prepared for positive and negative remarks, and shouldn't hide behind their real life to lash out at others. True they shouldn't lash out at you either but the point is I often see you talking about things in your real life which have no bearing on the quality of your work, I read a work and judge it based on the quality, not the story behind the author in question. I don't need to know what you're going through to appreciate the work you put out - but all the same I know it's hard with what you're going through and appreciate that you write at all. Basically it's like a book, did you go read the book because you heard of the authors circumstances and sympathized, or did you read it because you wanted to read a good story?

FinalStandFinalStandover 7 years agoAuthor
To Anonymous' Question

[Loving the story and the last few chapters have really improved the quality of late, it's so much more interesting when it involves the amazons and Cael's struggles rather than the war stuff so these chapters have been awesome like many of the earlier ones!]

*Thank you.*

[Question: I understand about house challenges in general, but I would've thought that in Ishara's case it would be a temporary exception, not only because Cael is "technically" the only true Isharan by blood (I know they're not all about true-blood and the like, like the other houses but still), but he also promised the council he would only lead until his daughter was old enough to replace him right? If so, how can anyone challenge him for leadership when they already have a plan set in motion, cuz that doesn't make any sense so I was confused.]

*That promise was made on the day when he became House Head and there was only one Isharan. No one else considered him inducting Runners at the time. As for the Isharans challenging Cael for leadership ~ no, he has no 'legal' special protection. His protections lay with Dot Ishara being furious with whomever tried to displace him and the mortal danger of what Buffy would do to a challenger if they did succeed. She'd kill them - period, end of statement.

But, if Cael was challenged and beaten, he would still remain an Isharan so he would still keep pumping out little Isharans and one day an Isharan daughter would vote at the Council meetings. Does that answer your question?*

[Lastly though I love the story, as a writer one should be prepared for positive and negative remarks, and shouldn't hide behind their real life to lash out at others. True they shouldn't lash out at you either but the point is I often see you talking about things in your real life which have no bearing on the quality of your work, I read a work and judge it based on the quality, not the story behind the author in question. I don't need to know what you're going through to appreciate the work you put out - but all the same I know it's hard with what you're going through and appreciate that you write at all. Basically it's like a book, did you go read the book because you heard of the authors circumstances and sympathized, or did you read it because you wanted to read a good story?]

*Okay, but do you understand I am disabled with bi-polar disorder? I cannot function in the normal world anymore. I am by truly insane. Day to day, I do not have control over my actions because my moods, energy levels and focus are not always mine to direct.

I don't tell people this to elicit sympathy. I want to explain why sometimes ideas simply die inside my head. When I don't finish a story, I know I am letting readers down. It infuriates me because I didn't plan to stop writing any of those stories in the same way I'm already working on a sequel to Life as a New Hire.

This week I've already yanked out 'Christian College Sex Comedy Chapter 35' and 'A Tale of the Technician 8' because readers have requested it. I started these tales and I feel obligated to try and pick them up.

To me, the difference between seeking pity and giving an explanation is this: this is a free site. I am not asking people for a dime. I am selling this story on multiple sites like Amazon for money and I don't raise Word One about my condition there. I haven't had to submit a chapter of Life as a New Hire on Literotica in over a year, but I do. I feel obliged to my readership to finish the damn thing before their eyes. I have let them down before. I'm trying not to do it this time. So, when I hit a snag in writing and submitting a chapter, my lousy track record obliges me to let the readers know what's going on ~ that this story won't be like too many others and die unfinished.

Besides, I'm a 52 year old guy with a grey, receding hair line and bushy beard whose body chemistry insists he's pregnant. Since my liver has swollen up to twice its normal size, I even look pregnant. Sometimes I pat my belly and call it 'the twins'. Due to excessive medication, I've lost all my teeth so I can now suck in my lips and look and talk like Great Grandpa Cooter. I have also discovered there are only two things I can't eat without teeth ~ pizza and beef jerky. Otherwise my diet is unchanged ... who would have thunk it?

Sure my mental health is wretched and my physical condition sucks, but I also have a wonderful wife and two great kids who love and support me. I get to write porn. Through my writings I've met hundreds of interesting folks. There are millions of people worse of than me and I know it. Wish me 'good health' if you like, cause I need it, but never pity me. I'm doing okay.*

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

This story is the reason I keep coming back to this website you are an excellent writer stay healthy and keep up the good work

aaroraarorover 7 years ago
Math?

Love all your stories but in the list of houses:.

"10 in Africa (6 from Europe and 5 native)

3 in Amazonia (1 from Africa and 2 from Europe)

8 in India (3 from Europe and 7 native)"

Um, 6+5=10? 3+7=8?

Otherwise excellent as always

FinalStandFinalStandover 7 years agoAuthor
aaror, you are correct. [Chapter Correction]

I recognized the same screw-up a week ago while working on Chapter 48.

The mistake in India was I forgot to figure in the extinction of House Chelamma which reduced the active number of houses there to seven. The mistake with Amazonia/South America was I forgot to transfer House Hannahannah there from Europe. I also forgot to move House Farānak to North America from Europe to make it to a dozen.

Also, I screwed up on the numbers of houses. Back in Chapter 16 I stated:

“There were 52 – now 53 – existing Houses and 7 – now 6 – extinct ones”. I needed to add a House prior to nominating House SzélAnya. So … I added a third Native American House.

59) Guabancex – Taínos (Caribbean) Storm Goddess – also known as the "one whose fury destroys everything”.

[PROSPECTIVE HOUSE]

60) New – (Hittite) SzélAnya – the Dragon’s Daughter

* I make a note of the First Houses because of the prestige attached to the first Twenty Houses and how it matters to the internal politics of the Amazon Council as well as how the regions rate in geopolitical importance. As the distribution of First Houses shows, Africa and North America are just as important as the ‘Homeland’ of Europe. The Indian and Indonesian factions are closely tied to one another (being either Houses founded in India, or a First House who migrated to India first, stayed for a 1000 years THEN moved eastward). The biggest thing in favor of North American expansion was land mass plus population density, or lack thereof, thanks to the spread of European diseases in the 16th and 17th centuries. In comparison, Indonesia and South America were much more populated and had less effective land their limited numbers could exploit. Note: these are where the main branch of the House is. Some have freeholds on other continents - a practice much more common in the latter half of the 20th century and going into the 21st. *

[5/12] In Europe there are the first Houses ~ Hanwasuit, Hapantali, Inara, Moirai and Šauška and as well as Houses Andraste, Bendis, Hylonome, Stolgos, Maeve, Marda, Mielikki, Minerva, Nemain, Skaði, Živa and Zorja.

[5/5] In Africa there are the First Houses ~ Kamrusepa, Lahar, Lelwani, Selardi and Uttu as well as Houses Cyhiraeth, Jengu, Oba, Oshun and Oxóssi,

[2/5] In India there are the First Houses Hatepuna and Ereshkigal as well as Houses Chandala Bhikshuki, Jaya, Meenakshi, Mookambika and Rajah.

[5/7] In North America there are the First Houses Anahit, Arinniti, Illuyankamunus, Ishara and Istustaya & Papaya along with Houses Artio, Cotyttia, Epona, Farānak, Gahe, Morė and Uusheenhiton.

[1/3] In South America there is the First House Hannahannah as well as Houses Cybele, Guabancex and Yemonja.

[1/2] In Indonesia there is the First House Nammu and Houses Bhadra and Durga.

[1/5] The six extinct houses are Anat, Nantosuelta, Diana, Oźwiena, Koliada and Chelamma.

That is seventeen Houses in Europe, ten in Africa, seven in Africa, twelve in North America, four in South America and three in the Southeast Asian archipelago for the correct total of fifty-three with the real possibility of the restoration of the first House Anat and the foundation of a new house - House SzélAnya - raising the total to fifty-five.

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
East vs West

I hate being picky, and I LOVE this anthology, but there is a minor geographic error. Japan is, correctly, in East Asia, but simultaneously it is in the Western Pacific. Keep up the good work. This could be several movies. Cowboy100.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 7 years agoAuthor
Anonymous ...

Dang it! And it is so obvious too. Worse, geography is one of my loves. I really should have caught that.

Technically, there could be a land-based power in East Asia and a sea-based power in the Pacific, but with the advent of ...

I) far-reaching, ship-killing air power, [plane-based, cruise-missiles are far more effective and cheaper now than only a decade ago]

II) stealth submarine warfare, [the technology gap between the sub-hunters and the subs has been closing for nearly 30 years]

III) the increase of tonnage per merchant vessel and ... [fewer ships carrying more good and more valuable goods with the accompanying higher insurance]

IV) the reality US-Asia trade dwarfs that of ...

a) US Pacific Coast-Central & South American and ...

b) Asian-Central & South American trade plus ...

c) 25% of all trade moving through the South China Sea,

... a supremely dominant power in East Asia would dictate trade terms to the US without the need to defeat its navy.

Thank you for your comments, Cowboy100.

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

Just .... wow. You have a very healthy imagination and your storyline just rocks.

Flymaster60Flymaster60almost 3 years ago

Third time read this story... all I can say James is PLEASE MORE OF THIS ONE!!!!- PLEASE

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2u4 months ago

Brilliant. You have a complicated mind that manages to weave this story. Including historical events with fictional so called historical events with modern day people and attitudes along with the Amazon society and legend while somehow wrapping it up in the witty humorous banter that doesn't detract from the serious events in the story is truely amazing. Yes that’s a long sentence.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5303 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES