All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 47'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 453 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
rooting for you

hey man awesome story, heard you are going through rough times and am rooting for you to pull through them and slap "destiny" in the face

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

another great story of yours that seems to have died. Hope you start feeling better soon

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
Sorry, but ...

... crap has piled upon crap.

It appears my 16 year old Daughter has inherited my bi-polar condition after being misdiagnosed as depressive and freaking out on the drugs they gave her. She is on Lamictal now which is helping yet she is still struggling plus starting her junior year in High School. It doesn't help the HS a block and a half away is being torn down this year so she has to drive herself and her brother (he is an incoming freshman) to a new school several miles away ... at 5:45 am every morning.

She has inherited my fucked-up genes. Today was really bad for her. When she came home I held her while we both cried ... because I have felt what she has gone through and I can't honestly tell her things will get better ... and she is only 16 FFS! I am hoping the increase in the dose of Lamictal will kick in soon. We have to hope.

As for me ~ I have been diagnosed with kidney stones to add to the list of freaking physical woes which I go back into see the Urologist on September 26th. They weren't even looking for the damn things when they did a series of ultrasounds ... yet there they were. I have had bladder issues since I was seven, but nothing like this.

As for the rest ... I wake up every single morning in intense pain because nothing seems to be able to neutralize the pain in my feet. Some mornings I contemplate cutting them both off it hurts so much. As that would most likely cause my death ... I find the idea attractive.

E-mails with long-time friends inquiring into my well-being have gone unanswered as have other comments here on Literotica ... because I haven't known what to say really. I didn't want to share this, but I've grown so damn tired.

I haven't written anything worthwhile in forever.

I can tell you so much about the Battle of Timor ... though that is for a story I doubt anyone will ever read.

There is so much I want to do with 'Life as a New Hire' as well as so many other stories here and elsewhere ... yet the words remain trapped in my head - prisoners to my madness.

That is all.

James aka FinalStand

thalt992000thalt992000over 6 years ago
Sorry y to hear

I know how that goes just being diagnosed as boarder line personality disorder . Really need a better name for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
hope you get better soon

I can't wait to read the ending of life of a new hire

LBLR15LBLR15over 6 years ago
Mongolian Prayer Wheel

James.

I seem to remember you saying you are an atheist. That's OK but if you don't mind I would still like to pray for you and your daughter . My son brought small prayer wheel back from Mongolia. In honor of life as a new hire and real concern for your condition I promise to spin the wheel daily and remember you all in my prayers. Perhaps the spirt of Chingess Khan will lift yours. I'm sure I speak for all of your fans when I say we only want the best for you James

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
LBLR15 ...

... I am a lapsed Episcopalian leaning toward Agnostic, but I am a definite believer in God, or as I sometime say ~ the Divine. Still, your prayers are appreciated. I feel that each comes to an understanding of the spiritual nature of the World in their own way. For me, it is Christianity yet, like Estere Abed's Isma'ili Islamic belief tells her ... which is in freaking Chapter 48 which I haven't published yet ... ugh ... yeesh ... anyway, as Estere tells the Sister Rafaela, we all see the Light of the Divine through our fractured, human lenses.

I still need to find my focus. I don't blame spirit of Chingess. He's got enough to worry about already. Somehow I need to still the whirlwind and listen to the voices of Buffy and Elsa, Rachel and Felix ... and Aya. Not Pamela. She scares the crap out of me. ;)

Take care,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Reality bites

Hi James aka FinalStand

I have loved every minute i have spent reading this story. I can't do it openly (my wife has a sexual predator in her past which makes anything even mildly pornographic very difficult to contemplate), but have managed to explain away my many chuckles and grins with descriptions of your alternate universe.

While I desperately want to hear the end of the story and what happens in the hunt, it's clear that your family and health must come first. I have a beautiful 1 year old son who has been diagnosed with NF1 - a potentially debilitating neurological condition - and just thinking about what may be in his future brings me to tears, so i understand a little of the mental anguish you must be going through.

I hope that some combination of luck, good timing, Devine intervention or the visitation of a technologically superior benign extra-terrestrial intelligence brings a lessening of or a complete end to the suffering you are dealing with. =)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Patreon

Hey James,

Money might not sort everything out, but having that little bit extra will always help, right? I don't know if some has mentioned this to you earlier, but the author Tefler here makes quite a lot of money through his Patreon page. You should take a look at it.

Medically speaking try Yoga and Ayurveda; especially from the Kerala in India (That's where they are the most genuine imo; none of the million commercial variations, the original one). It works.

Regards,

An fan from India.

JayBee99JayBee99over 6 years ago
You can support James financially by buying his books

Anonymous 25/9/2017 or 9/25/2017.

If you want to support Finalstand, you can buy eight out of twelve volumes of Life as New Hire from Amazon. Volume VIII takes you up to the end of Literotica chapter 40. They are published under his real name James Dosher.

I also recomend as do many others on this site James' series Nanites which is also on Amazon.UK or Amazon US. I checked and they are available on Amazon India. Which site is the cheapest I will leave to you.

Enjoy

Jon

JayBee99JayBee99over 6 years ago
Recommending Nanites for anyone who hasn't read them

After my previous comment I decided to re-read Nanites.

Like LAANH it improves with re-reading with layers coming into view.

All the characters are three dimensional and there is a minimum of handwavium used except in the basic premise of the story. There are fewer sex scenes than in LAANH but it is the humour and wanting to find out what Calli and her friends, room mates, werewolves, vampires, coyotes, and smilodons will do next and to whom that will have you hooked.

If a fourth volume is published I will certainly buy it.

Respect to James (Finalstand)

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you, Sir.

I wrote about 300 more words on LAANH last night ... for the first time since August. I still haven't completed the Great Hunt ...

As for Book for of Nanites ... I will have to contact my publisher and see how he's doing and what's up. He lives in Florida so has had all sorts of issues with things like water, wind and rain.

Thanks again, JayBee99.

James aka FinalStand

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
To a Fan From India ...

I am afraid some of my problems go beyond my own body and to my soul. I recently learned I have shared my genetic legacy of insanity with my daughter and seeing her suffer through the highs and lows of being bipolar while she is barely sixteen is tough to deal with in that I knew I had some screwed up genetics, but the wife and I chose to have offspring anyway.

I really do need to find a way to my center and perhaps in doing so learn to help my daughter find her own peacefulness and my way back to writing constructively. Thank you, Sir, for your time and advice.

James aka FinalStand

gcs66gcs66over 6 years ago
Hope you get better

I love your stories and wish you would finish new hire.

Get better!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks, JB

I have begun to purchase the series. I like to support good authors and quite enjoy this story. Will check out Nannites as well, though it does not seem like my cup of tea. I've been wrong before so...

bornwildnfreebornwildnfreeover 6 years ago

In reply to your post: To a fan from India. My father, too, passed on his genetic material. I have fought depression my whole life, however, watching my dad's struggles, and learning from them, has made me healthier. Because of him, I know I can ask for help, I know my triggers, and I know my limits. Sure, you chose to have kids, knowing the risk, but she wouldn't be here, living, had you made a different decision. I know I'd rather be alive to struggle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
please sir i need to know the ending

I spent a week of my life reading all 47that chapters and it feels wrong to not know the ending

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
bornwildnfree and Anonymous

bornwildnfree ~ thank you.

Tonight (Saturday, Nov. 11th) it was watching the latest Spiderman on Redbox and then having her, loving the film, breaking down in tears ... because shit I haven't had to deal with since I'm a guy ... but the triple whammy of that, a severe cold front coming through and it being preceded four heavily over-cast days ... suckage.

Anonymous, if you want to learn how Life as a New Hire ends, drop me a line and I'll send you the final segment which ends this installment, but not the whole Cáel & Company Saga (I hope). No, this doesn't tell you how the Great Hunt turned out, only what comes immediately after - sorry. I still haven't been able to put the Great Hunt from mind to page.

I know it has been over a year. I apologize.

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

James;

Has it soaked through your psyche that your new "final stand" is the nurturing of your daughter until we find a good control for a Bipolar condition?......Forward is how you need to proceed!

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
Anonymous ...

... she is actually writing some anime-inspired, non-erotic stories under the handle 'FSO' for FinalStand's Offspring. She has yet to publish, but I'm hopeful as she has a very active imagination and creative flair for plot ideas (which she gets from her Mother, no doubt). She just needs a bit more confidence and persistence.

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Im a long time fan of yours.

And im wondering if there is anything we can do as fans to make it easier for you to get back in the groove of things and start to write again?

This is not meant to be criticism im just Curious if for example donating to a paypal will help you?

You are (at least to me) objectivly the absolute best story teller on this site, your stories are more than erotica its litterature. If you need time for yourself or your family i will happily wait for as long as it is needed but i want to help if i can.

Best regards to you and yours From a longtime fan from Sweden !

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
To Anonymous from Sweden,

I am afraid my problems are mostly in my head so there is little others can do to dig me out of the pitfalls I find myself. It is a bit bizarre a fan from your neck of the Continent would reach out though. The last story I made any headway on had a Swedish protagonist (along with his American cousin).

For the story's sake I took two rather non-Swedish names 'Xenophon Hawkwood' for his first and middle names, but he goes by the family name of Sparre and is from that noble lineage ~ again, I have bent history a bit to date it all the way continuously back to the 12th century. Xenophon is the contribution of his American mother and 'Hawkwood' is an homage to a Swedish ancestor who campaigned with (The real life actual) Lord Hawkwood back in the 14th century.

Anyway, could you help me with something?

"Stunningly" the Swede belongs to one of two Secret Societies vying to control Mankind's fate ~ he and his family are with the 'Good Guy's' fighting for Humanity to chose their own destinies while the others are akin to this tale's Illuminati. I want to make sure I have his group's motto correct. In English it is ~

*Blood, duty and honor before life itself.*

So Google translated that over as ~

*Blod, plikt och ära före livet själv.*

Is this correct? Also, if you would like to read what I've written, drop me a line. I'm not ready to publish it yet, but it is roughly 6 Literotica pages already. I just wish it was for LAANH and not another random thought thread of mine. Ugh.

Anyway, thanks for your time and kind words.

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Regarding the swedish translation from google

Your translation is pretty spot on for a google translation with the exeption for the last word ”Själv” in this case it would be spellt ”Självt” (just a small language nuance not easely detected when direct translating your setence )

Good luck with your writing and i hope you feel better soon.

Your Fan from Sweden

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you, Fan from Sweden

In an never-ending twist to the bizarre tale of my writing history, after your information I had I began writing again ... on a third, unrelated story - WMD 5. I put down 3,000 new words and I'm feeling good about the quality of what I produced. Considering this is the best I've done in about 6 weeks, I'm feeling pretty positive right now. Thanks again.

James aka FinalStand

JayBee99JayBee99over 6 years ago
Happy Thanksgiving Finalstand

Hope that James and family and Caél Waco Ishara and his family both real and fictional( and yes I can tell the difference) have a good Thanksgiving. We know it has been a hard year for you James but family and health are rightly your priority.

Good wishes from the UK

Jon

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you, JayBee99

I'm home alone while the family is with the wife's kin for the holiday.

Not much progress on LAANH.

WMD 5 has increased to 15,000 words in the story alone ~ three separate sex scenes ... just looking for a good ending point now so I can send it to my saintly editors.

Also put down 2,300 words on a fantasy tale which has been bouncing around the noggin, demanding attention.

Here is how it starts:

*Everything sprang from Darkness and everything shall return to ‘Her’. Her entropic Dreams demand it.*

*We are all conceived in Darkness and we will all find ourselves surrounded by her embrace again as well.*

*Everything falls into ruin given enough persistence by both your enemies’ animosity and that of your own despair.*

*Given time, everyone gets what they truly deserve*

~ Proverbs of the First Born*

Thanks again,

James aka FinalStand

Theme34xcpTheme34xcpover 6 years ago
Balancing Ideas

Hey James, hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

I was wondering how you go about balancing ideas and novels in your head. For the last few years I've started so many stories but I never get out of the planning part before something new interests me and I start all over. Right now it seems you're writting about six different novels at the moment but have hit a roadblock.

How do you manage to keep story lines seperate and organized? Do you have a folder for the likes of outlining, character profiles, and more?

How do you exactly outline your works, especially something like Caels tale? The sheer scope of the story and all the intricacies and complex and technical aspects of the story is so damned well done it boggles my mind to even try to Outline and plan something like this epic.

I'm having problems finishing an outline and its really put my efforts to waste when I get so excited and motivated by an idea, flesh it out, only to change my mind about something and start all over. I guess I'm somewhat of a perfectionist that can't seem to get a grasp for writing... Sigh.

Sorry for my essay, hope you and your family is feeling better. I know how tough it can be; my dad's been suffering from depression for years... And they say it's hereditary. I fear sometimes my own thoughts and have coped well with keeping my mind offs of bad things and focus instead of reading, writing, and playing videogames and so far it's helped

Kindest regards,

Pham

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
The "Almost Got It" Fiction Writers Guild

SERIOUS AS FUCK! We should start a Writers support group. Enough people have contacted me in the past about contributing, needing help with ideas, or just asking me where all my ideas come from.

We could do things like:

Writing elaborate character descriptions for one another's stories.

Prove plot twists, character quirks, or other adjuncts to the main story to flesh out the greater work.

Write 1000 words in a fellow author's story to help them bust through a Writer's Block.

Just give a friendly prod now and again to keep at it and not give up.

Anyone who thinks this is more than just my madness talking, drop me an e-mail via feedback or at megan1971@nc.rr.com. What have we got to lose?

James aka FinalStand

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
Directly to Theme34xcp's questions:

*Balancing Ideas*

*Hey James, hope you had a good Thanksgiving.*

Meh ... I got the same number of family members back who went to the in-laws so I count that as a win. ;)

*I was wondering how you go about balancing ideas and novels in your head. For the last few years I've started so many stories but I never get out of the planning part before something new interests me and I start all over. Right now it seems you're writing about six different novels at the moment but have hit a roadblock.*

I'm in the same boat. I'll work on one for a while then jump to another. Do not despair. A story idea only dies if you abandon it for good. Don't be afraid to morph, alter, or transform any story either to meet your new ideas and expectations.

As an example, in the genesis of Life as a New Hire ... there were no Amazons, just evil, man-hunting feminists. Only when the words started rolling onto page did things take such a dramatic turn. Pamela did not exist nor did Rhada, Aya, or Hana. Sometimes you have to set your outline aside and write. Write scenes. Write bits of dialogue. Write settings and backdrops for later scenes. Trust in your hands a tiny bit more.

Also, I can't stress this enough ~ reader feedback and suggestions has changed and added to 'Life as a New Hire' more than any other story I've ever attempted, or even heard of yet I think it is so much richer for it. Sure, I did the actual writing, but the kernel of the ideas were planted by others. So much of the 'imagining' of what Cáel's saga would be like was done by souls other than mine and I'm eternally grateful.

*How do you manage to keep story lines separate and organized? Do you have a folder for the likes of outlining, character profiles, and more?*

Yes, I keep copious folders for various story notes and research. Much doesn't make it into the story proper, but fill vacancies in my mind so that when I do write it is with the knowledge of what is going on in the background without having to drag the readers through that minutiae. I personally find comfort in knowing these details.

How do I keep them organized in my mind? No clue. My mind is normally such a mess that my ability for me to recall four year old story trivia is often boggling to both myself and my family ... yet there it is. When I do screw up, a reader, proof-reader, or editor is there to catch it for me in most instances. That is the advantage of a gang of ne'er do wells ~ the advice, proof-reading and general occasional 'how ya doing?'

*How do you exactly outline your works, especially something like Cáel's tale?*

I did not. The loose outline I started with became obsolete by Chapter Three beyond loose ideas such as there would be a Great Hunt, but honestly the story took on a life of its own.

*The sheer scope of the story and all the intricacies and complex and technical aspects of the story is so damned well done it boggles my mind to even try to Outline and plan something like this epic.*

Better people than I worked overtime to keep the story fresh and consistent. I concentrated on character development, dialogue and 'cat herding' the plot in the general direction of finishing the first 84 days, but the rest of it was done by a bunch of people who weren't me.

I cannot stress this enough ~ my editors felt completely comfortable telling me if they thought a passage, or scene was weak, or out of character, while fully respecting the final say on the story was mine. Plenty of ne'er do wells have commented similarly ~ so encourage bold feedback during the production of YOUR story. At the end of the day, when you publish it, it is your name at the top and reputation on the line - no one else's.

*I'm having problems finishing an outline and its really put my efforts to waste when I get so excited and motivated by an idea, flesh it out, only to change my mind about something and start all over.*

My suggestion: Stop obsessing on finishing outlines then. Imagine your tales as massive jigsaw puzzles and you, having created the overall picture to be completed and borders to work within, are now free to play with the individual pieces to see what works.

Allow your protagonists and antagonists to breath through your fingertips.

Allow the background to move to center stage for a few paragraphs as you create a setting which matches your Mind's Eye.

Turn notes on history, or motivations into a flow which would feel natural for you, as a reader, to get into so they better understand your tale.

Work on the little pieces.

*I guess I'm somewhat of a perfectionist that can't seem to get a grasp for writing... Sigh.*

I've said it before and I will undoubtedly say it again: "Your story will NEVER be good enough (for you). That is why you need a good unbiased 2nd & 3rd opinion (at least) on your work. I strongly suggest editors as they can both correct various errors in text and phrasing while offering ideas about plot structure and sequencing. Let someone else tell you ~ "Looks ready to print" and trust in them if you are, like me, too afraid at times to send out a 'half-baked' product. Too often we are too critical of our own works.

*Sorry for my essay, hope you and your family is feeling better.*

No worries on the essay. I do it AAAAALLLLL the time :D .

*I know how tough it can be; my dad's been suffering from depression for years... And they say it's hereditary. I fear sometimes my own thoughts and have coped well with keeping my mind offs of bad things and focus instead of reading, writing, and playing video-games and so far it's helped.*

I used to play turn-based strategy games such as Rome: Total War to deal with some of my issues ... except I began to obsess on them, playing 12 to 16 hours straight at times while ignoring family and household chores. Oh, how I miss it so ... but I still think writing is a better addiction.

The best things for depression: Get out of bed (serious as a heart attack - just moving around helps). Get some sunlight (I think its a Vitamin D thing ~ per suggestion on here, I have my own personal sun lamp now). Complete one small task (so you can bask in that sense of accomplishment ~ seems silly, but it works). That task can be completing a challenge in a video game - this is one of the things my Son does to help him with his ADHD.

If things persist for you, don't hesitate to see a specialist. Never be afraid to admit you can't handle everything life is throwing at you on your own. If your dad has depression, that's an extra burden most people never see. Be careful and take care.

*Kindest regards,

Pham*

Thank you and back at you,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Great story!!! Where is chapter 48?!

Bane61Bane61over 6 years ago
huge fan

James I randomly found this story and fell in love with it please keep them coming I'll check back. Now I need to catch up on sleep because when I find a story of this quality I typically forget to sleep I'm now on day 5 with ten hours sleep and I blame you totally worth it.

Theme34xcpTheme34xcpover 6 years ago
Thank you James

Thank you for responding. That bit about how Aya, Pamela, your characters didn't exist until later and how you have to adapt and change your original outline and ideas really helped me open my eyes to a bigger perspective. I've watched tons of videos on structuring and plotting and most say that you should not edit while writing because as you said, your own writing is never good enough for you. Because of this I've lost count on how many ideas and stories I have discarded because I keep changing my mind on how I want things to happen.

Thanks to your insight, I'm feeling movtivated to start again on this project I've been working on for a couple of weeks. I think it has promise and its gotten me excited, so thank you very much James!

Don't feel rushed with your stories, I know the struggles of both real life interferences and that pesky ol' writers block always rearing it's ugly head. Your health and family comes first and foremost. The rest of us can wait; we're just a bunch of 1s and 0s on your computer screen.

Happy holidays!

TruepachTruepachover 6 years ago
Happy Holidayter

Hi James hope you have a good time over new years, How is the work coming along for WMD as i am looking forward ti the next chapter.

Also looking forward to the next chapter of all your stories hope it all works out well for you and keep up the good work when you can

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
Truepach and Everybody ...

... Happy New Year!

Sorry Truepach, I held off on answering hoping I would have finished the last bit of WMD 5 for my editors, but no such luck. I'll keep plucking away until midnight anyway as the Daughter wants to actually drink in (sparkling Apple Cider) in the New Year.

Everyone, please take care and a better 2018 for you all,

James aka FinalStand

GMLPGMLPover 6 years ago

Hey James glad to see you’re still commenting. Has your health improved much? Would be great to see New Hire and Ebb Tide wrapping up this year.

TheGreatBudhaTheGreatBudhaover 6 years ago
Cheers

Hey James,

Hopefully the new year is off to a good start for you and the family. Any chance we'll get to enjoy the great hunt in January? Also looking forward to the continuing saga in Vegas with ebb tide. Wishing you the very best in the new year.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A Fate Worse than Depth

It is my understanding the Cael has been granted immortality. If so, I pity him.

He will watch his wives, his lovers, friends, and most importantly his children, grow old and die before his very eyes. How many of these will he bury before he realizes immortality is a curse. Maybe a callous soul can handle this, but not someone who cares.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Amazon women

I swear mate every time I read this story the female cast of Wonder Woman would come to my mind. Probably DC managed to get the most gorgeous looking women for that movie lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Who’s the traitor in the host?

Let’s go to Brazil to see what kind of ambush is waiting.

gcs66gcs66over 6 years ago
Please finish the story

I hope your health is good. I really enjoyed Life as a new hire but PLEASE PLEASE finish it.

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
Health update (January 22nd, 2018)

Sorry folks, but today was SUC-TACTIC!

I went to the General Practitioner at 9:00 am for my 6 month check up (and to check up on what had happened at the start of the year). It seems I've developed a respiratory infection so I was given some of those horse pill to fight it (Azithromycin) ... which came with THREE Level Three drug interaction warnings ... including the freaking risk of death ~ when in league with my Clozapine ... WOOT!

Next I learned my Urologist has 'misplaced' the initial files on my testosterone prescription ... which came from my Endocrinologist years and years ago. Now I have to wait for two weeks (and two blood draws) to show I have low-T so I can have the pleasure of my wife injecting me in the tush every Monday night. Until then I will be running around with less energy than I am currently struggling with ... DOUBLE-WOOT!!!

And lets not forget I am having to remove all caffeine from my diet as well so I'm already pretty much a walking zombie ... Triple woot?

Lastly, thanks to snow last week, I have my entire family in the house until FRIDAY ... which is stressing out my normally hermit-like nature. I love my kids, but at the moment my daughter is working on her cosplay outfit for Animazement which she does in my Man-Cave because it has more room to spread out in. I'm slowly losing my ever-loving MIND!!!!

Progress report: Nothing really. I haven't done any constructive work in the past two weeks and very little before then. I am trying to put out a story I started on back in 2016 and I have a chapter and a half already developed.

I have done no work on the next chapter of Ebb Tide. I know where I want to go, but am unsure how I'm going to get there.

As always, if anyone wants to ready what I am working on, just drop me a line.

Thanks for all of your concern and take care,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You should be paid!

This story is amazing!

Your character portrayal and development is astounding!

The grasp you have of world events and the decisions made to shape them is insane!

Not to mention, the moral implications of said decisions..

Politics? War? Mysticism? How have you managed it!?!

It's an absolute delight to read! And your main boy, Cael, is freakin hilarious!

If you were to start a patreon account I've no doubt you would find people throwing money at you to get the next chapter(s). Hell! I know I would!

The hunt!?! What happens in the Great Hunt!?!

I shall raise a glass of wine and toast you on this excellent story you've crafted.

May you live long and well after its completion.. And may you never stop writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Get well soon

Checked the update on your bio anyway, I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your health. If we don't get any new stories for awhile then so be it. Getting right health wise is alot more important than this. I wish you well, take care

no_one_gives_ano_one_gives_aabout 6 years ago
Final Stand

I love both this story and "One in Ten" but both of them are incomplete and inactive for more than a year

I understand you might be unable to give your attention to either of these stories due to your health , so have you considered handing these over to another writer to complete ?

It's difficult to track stories for years , and its frustrating to read a story but miss out the conclusion. Any chance I'll read the end of either of these ?

FinalStandFinalStandabout 6 years agoAuthor
no_one_gives_a ...

Yes, I have considered it. I attempted this with 'The Mother I Never Knew' and it didn't turn out too well.

There is also the fact I have done work on these stories yet haven't felt ready to publish yet. LAANH 48 is close to 17,000 words while One in Ten 12 is just over 3,000. I keep feeling if I find some drug, or therapy, which turns things around, I can pick these story lines back up and finish them. I feel so close at times. I have poured so much of my soul into these two tales I feel I would be surrendering to my illnesses if I gave up the authorship of either one. I know that is selfish, but ... it is where my mind is right now.

If you have someone specific in mind, have them contact me to see if something can be worked out. I understand I am letting people down and hate it.

James aka FinalStand

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 6 years ago
What can I say...?

To quote a favorite of mine - "If I don't know I don't know, I think I know. If I don't know I know, I think I don't know." - R. D. Laing

While I am amazed by your writing I can't help but feel that I'd be so much more amazed if I actually understood everything about it...

It's like reading "Cat in a Hat" but having the story expanded to define the type of cat and the history of house cats if, in fact, that was the type of cat he was - while in actuality being an anthropomorphic feline - as well as the type of hat and the history of the problems with using mercury in the production of hats and how that might have related to Lewis Carroll's Mad Hatter... and many other facets being expanded upon as well... ALL while maintaining the flow of the story and its ability to captivate...

Just so you understand though, I'd prefer me to smarten me up than you to dumb your story down...

May your health and life improve to allow your continuation of it... after the amount of you you've put in the story I can't imagine anyone else could BE you...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
One of the best

It is one of the best stories I have read. Looking forward to more, get well soon. Also, can you please consider an 'side-chapter' for cael's parents. I really wanna read that. Thank you.

flying_sheepflying_sheepabout 6 years ago
Re: Letting someone else finish the story

I do want to read the end of the story, I really do. But I don't want to just read something by somebody. I want to read it from the same person who first thought of this and who wrote it all down to this point because it's his story.

And I don't compare FinalStand to Tolkien, but likewise I would've loved to read more about Middle Earth, about the lands around the Sea of Rhûn, about Harad and the eastern lands. About the blue wizards, the fate of Khazad-dûm and the Dagor Dagorath. But if someone wrote all that and more I wouldn't touch it even if the quality was just as good as or better than the original.

Star Wars ended after six episodes, TAAHM was done after Charlie Sheen was kicked out and Life as a New Hire will remain unfinished unless FinalStand's health improves to the point he can continue it.

To James/FinalStand: I hope you'll find something that improves your condition. Don't worry about letting others down - get well first, everything else is secondary.

Greetings, G

jaymesdeanejaymesdeaneabout 6 years ago
No Substitute Authors...

Gotta agree with Ambivalence and Flying_sheep. I would much rather wait until you decide that a chapter of your works is finished than get a dumbed down, watered down version for the sake of having something to read. With these stories, you created worlds and regimes, characters and storylines that are so vivid that your audience resonates with your vision of them.

The vast majority of us(your core fans) would rather you focus on your health issues, because as compelling as your stories are, that is ultimately more important. At the current moment I am re-reading LNH, for the umpteenth time, because every time I do, I see the characters a little more clearly. I'm certain that I'm not the only one.

Get well, James. And when you're ready, put out your vision of where these stories go. We'll be waiting...

fanfarefanfareabout 6 years ago
ditto......but conflicted

We all want further chapters to the LNH saga. However, the reality is dictated by James health and the energy, imagination he can bring to continuing this series. Considering the situation? It is up to each of us to be patient.

Other authors, enduring comparative tribulations, in general seem to create new works instead of continuing the expected old standards. Sometimes producing better, sometime worse.

It would be unfair of us, as Dosher's fans, for us to be unreasonable in our demands. He will do as is best for himself. Cut the man some slack. We are not entitled to dictate that he produce to our expectations.

I am thinking of one popular author, whose early books were fresh and exuberant. But now? He has a group of writers producing industrial grade monotony based on his concept. And his own work has become hackneyed and repetitious.

And he is not the only writer I respected (& paid for!) who has recently disappointed me. Such is life. But now I have a good reason to search out new authors!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
My comment from 10/01/16 still stands.

You let this storyline die out like so many other storylines of your's.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 6 years agoAuthor
Anonymous ...

That's right ~ I wrote 47 chapters over a 27 month period ... but give me shit about being too fucking ill to continue what is to me a hobby (something I do for FREE) and what is to you something you get to read for FREE ...

Come on ... kick me in the nuts for not wanting to push out utter crap. Punish me for wanting what I submit to be worthy of your fucking attention instead of some slipshod construct unfit for any audience. I know I haven't published a chapter in EIGHTEEN months. A reminder was not necessary.

Instead of addressing me from anonymity, you could have at least give me your name, or handle ~ one human being to another. Had you wished, you could have contacted me directly and I would have GLADLY sent you what I have completed on Chapter 48 ~ which includes the final scene for the series ... as multiple others have already done.

But 'no', you had to say "I told you so".

How about this: if you want product on a schedule, write me a damn paycheck. After insurance, I still had considerable medical expenses last year.

See, I'm bipolar with sever social anxiety issues to the extent I cannot hold down even a part-time job.

I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease which are both aggravated by the host of medicines I have to take.

I have chronic swelling of both my feet, ankles and calves.

I have nerve damage in both my feet to the point they are either ice cold, or over-heated whereas other spots feel nothing at all ~ including getting a nail puncture and not realizing it. I cannot wear shoes and on most days wearing socks is too painful.

Most recently, as a 'reaction' to my chief pain killer I have ballooned up to 275 pounds and now have liquid in my chest and abdominal cavities which makes things like BREATHING difficult for me. Since I can barely walk anyway due to chronic foot pain that's not a HUGE problem. The diarrhoetics they now make me take to reduce the amount of fluid makes it so I need to go to the bathroom every two hours, or my bladder starts to hurt.

But all of that's okay because I'm in constant pain every damn minute of every damn day anyway ... so yeah, bust my chops for not getting around to finishing a story.

Have a wonderful day,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
To Anonymous

Phuck Ewe

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
James

Don't let the the Jack Holes get to you!

MummyadsamMummyadsamabout 6 years ago
Hope you get better.

I have enjoyed your story following Cael on his journey. I hope you recover and get well.

You have talent in your writing skills.and I appreciate your detail into his world.

I hope a publisher takes you on board-they should!

Looking forward to Caels conclusion when you a well again.

Andy.

richieyeahrichieyeahabout 6 years ago
I hope you get well soon James

Wow...

ive read through some of the comments here especialy the anonymous ones.

I hope you get well soon en feel well enough to pick up the storie lines in my opinion the original author is the best to continue a strorie i much rather wait for you to be better then settle for something substandard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Awesome - thank you

Hi

Firstly, thank you for your effort and time in writing this story. It is a terrific read, with excellent character development, a wildly imaginative storyline, and makes you think about your own values and ethics. I laughed, I cried - and became addicted to see what happens next....

I was saddened to read about your health issues, and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thank you for making my last two weeks brighter

Pete

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Is it...

Over? :(

farmertp78farmertp78about 6 years ago
Life

On behalf of the people on here James thank you for your time and work. As for the demanding and jerky comments, I chalk it up to ignorance and stupidity! In my life I have learned to take a deep breath and say f it and i don't care and move on. Common sense ain't that common. Take care of you and yours and happy Easter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Just finished reading

Very good story! Thank you for writing and sharing it. I wish you nothing but the best with your health struggles!

LBLR15LBLR15about 6 years ago
Re-reading again

James

I wanted to let you know that I am re-reading the entire series again. (4th time I think) I am using the book format I downloaded (and paid for)from smash words.com That’s one way that I can support you as an author.

So many times you generously responded to comments during the stories posted here. Have you thought about mining the questions and your reply and putting that together in a book for purchase from smash words

Don’t worry about editing, just pull together the Q/A together in one place I know that many of your fans would happily, gladly, purchase that book. I know you kind of did that with the handbook but I suspect there is a lot more

As for idiots making idiot comments, as they say in south Louisiana, you can’t fix stupid.

Kind regards

LBLR15 (Lewis)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hey

Hey thanks for the story. I have read most of your work several times. I really like it. Thanks it must be hard with your current health problems. I suffer from depression my self. It's not great but as one doctor told me after being blinded in one eye we do what we have to.on to the story I was Hoping you would consider posting about the hunt with the amazons it's brought up thru most of the story. It would be a great addition

Thanks

Dave

JayBee99JayBee99about 6 years ago
Publishing LaaNH Volumes 9, 10, and 11 on Amazon

Hi James

I understand how much your health has prevented you from finishing Chapter 48 of LAANH on Literotica

Those of us who want to support you by paying for Life as a New Hire on Amazon are, I am sure, willing to buy Book 9 to 11 if you feel up to publishing them.

Jon

FinalStandFinalStandabout 6 years agoAuthor
JayBee99

Thank you, Jon. I wish I had any good news to report ... but I'm just not able to find the source of my creative energy and inspiration. Ugh.

Take care ya'll,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
LONH is action packed and funny at the same time, I really enjoyed reading it. Looking forward to next chaapter.B

\i lke the way the story flows. Waiting on next chapter.

ScaliaScaliaalmost 6 years ago
Getting the work to date of last chapter

James,

Elsewhere in the comments you offered to send the your work in progress of the final chapter. If so, how do I get. I have already sent you two (three?) emails through the system here, but I never got a response. How do I get it?

Scalia

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Scalia

I sent you a message via feedback which I hope works. If not, my email is:

<megan1971@nc.rr.com>

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thank you

FinalStand,

Thank you for all the amazing stories you have created. You have have given me hope during tough times.

I am on an upturn after a year long bout of depression. The anti- depressants I was taking (for about 3 months before I quit them) actually made me feel worse, and the ADHD meds made me lose way too much weight and gave me migraines.

I don't claim to understand what you are going through, but I know one's health has a major impact on one's output.

While there is life there is hope. Every time I check for updates I see some kind of progress on your stories.

I will wait patiently for the last chapter of this complex and fascinating story.

Thank you for sharing all your stories with us.

Wh00sherWh00sheralmost 6 years ago
Er, that's it?

Well that's dissapointing after reading it all in a fortnight to end like that.

A real shame. I hope whatever life is throwing at you that stops your writing is something that you can overcome

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This storyline is amazing

This storyline is amazing, hopefully you will finish it. Thank you for your efforts thus far!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Please Sir,

May we have some more!

Great research, humour and a completely “Wacko” and brilliant storyline.

I have read many Baan published books, and this is (with some grammatical corrections) as good if not better than many of their publications. If not them, think about Amazon Kindle - you have a great talent to share.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 6 years ago
Hey

James, hope you and your daughter are doing better. Hopefully they're getting your medications in line, and you have started feeling better. Good luck sir.

MLeopardiMLeopardialmost 6 years ago
Book or download

I was reading the commentsafter reading the entirety of this wonderful story. I hope you are feeling better I don't know much about what is going on with your health mentally but I have had many physical difficulties since age 6 I am 51 now. One of my great passions is reading and this story is fabulous. I hope to see the next chapter as soon as you are feeling better. If it makes a difference know that your writing makes many people happy and brightens our day if just for a few hours because of you and your wonderful imagination and hard work hope to see the rest of this wonderful story.

Be well

zorrander163zorrander163almost 6 years ago
thank you FinalStand

Your story is really good, I'm not gonna say I enjoyed every part of it, (some of the nitty gritty of the wars and politics made my eyes gloss over), But Overall this is in the top 20 stories i have read on literotica and I've read alot over the years. Yours was often a balls to the wall adventure with plenty of sex and humor. I really hope to someday see a release of the final chapter, I understand life is not easy for you, which makes the story you put out an even greater accomplishment. Again thank you, and I hope life deigns to give you a break now and then.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
chapt 48

the hunt, the hunt?

MDG1969MDG1969over 5 years ago
@Anon 3-15-18 and @FinalStand

@Anon 3-15-18 - You are being such a narcissistically petulant coward.

Buck up and contact FinalStand directly, as many readers have and if you haven't already, with an actual working email account or move along and keep your unwarranted vitriol to yourself.

You aren't doing yourself or anybody else favors by antagonizing the author FinalStand a.k.a. James

@FinalStand - I hope you and yours are doing better. Is there a way for your readers to get on a mailing list or something similar in regards to getting updates on yourself and your literary works? A Patreon account perhaps?

Very sincerely

MDG

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 5 years ago
Just Finished Reading All 47 Chapters

Great stuff. Looking forward to reading about the great hunt and the trip to Brazil at some point when things get better for you and you rediscover your source of inspiration. Thanks you for the 47 chapters you managed to share with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

You should, perhaps, put a notice on the first chapter that this is an unfinished series. I found it very good and assumed it was completed, as the last chapter was submitted 2 years ago. I was disappointed to discover it wasn't finalized.

FinalStandFinalStandover 5 years agoAuthor
Anonymous ... [September 4th, 2018]

I haven't done so primarily because I'm not dead and haven't given up on this series yet. I have been feeling worse than my normally crappy self and haven't been posting anything for some time. To date I have written about 16,500 words on the next chapter plus have another 16,000+ in story notes ... some which may make the story and some won't. Until I have my mind better put together, I don't know when I will finish up the next installment of this tale.

I'm a nutjob (clinically disabled with bipolar disorder) living in constant pain from nerve damage to my feet - which the specialist have no clue how it happened which makes figuring out how to treat a real peach.

I am still currently writing, just not anything I feel good enough to submit and nothing in most of my current unfinished stockpile of loose threads. On good days I crank out 500 words (in my heydays I could knock out 2,000 to 2,500), but most days its nadda. I wish it wasn't so, but it is what it is. I gotta play with the hand God dealt me.

If you like, read through the eight pages of comments for various installments of Chapter 48 to date. It is the best I can do for now.

James aka FinalStand

onebyseaonebyseaover 5 years ago
A bit of encouragement

FinalStand, here's wishing you the best for reconnecting with your muse. As a fellow writer, I read the works of others when I need a bit of inspration to 'break the block.' Which explains why I have read 'Life as a New Hire' several times. I don't write in the Erotica genre, but good writing and inspirational authors can be found in many places, such as with your works. Best wishes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Florence

Hope you and your family were not too badly affected by the flooding.

I hope Dot Ishara interceeded for you with whichever Amazon Goddess holds the weather portfolio. Or she could have spoken directly to SzélAnya

Jon (JayBee99)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you!

I just finished reading the series for the second time and I'd like to thank you for the many hours of enjoyment!

I hope your health has improved. Please post an update on it on your bio for us fans?

Cheers and take care,

V

NutRanchNutRanchover 5 years ago
Keeping the Faith my friend

FS,

Anyone that doesn't have Bipolar cannot conceive of what it is you n yours r going thru. My sister in law has it, my daughter might have been diagnosed with it had she lived. My family has more than a passing familiarity with the issues of mental illness of one stripe or another. Something I was not truly aware of until I started corresponding with you and started to think about it. And I still have no true understanding of what it is you are going thru. The one and only thing I can say is that if what I have dealt with with my daughter n sister is even a fraction of what you are, you are a freaking miracle to be able to just get thru the day let alone be as creative as you are.

Be who you are n do what you do. I think that's pretty kick ass.

My very best to you and yours.

FinalStandFinalStandover 5 years agoAuthor
onebysea, Anonymous, Anonymous and Nutranch ...

... thank you all for your patience, encouragement and kind words. It has been a 'fun' past few months. I've started a new, 'non-conventional' therapy to deal with a few of my issues ... and things look promising. I've started using CBT oil plus lithium pills and for the past three days my pain has lessened. My sleep hasn't been good, but I'm hopeful that will work itself out.

Hurricane Florence danced around my home county (Wake). Honestly, we have had thunderstorms which gave us more of a scare. None of that dampened the initial panic as it was forecast to run right over my domicile, or the fact it did run over my Mother, nephew, his bride and my brand new grand-niece who was born in Charlotte, NC two days before Florence made landfall ... then ran over them.

As a final note, I really have tried getting my 'mojo' back. Every time someone comments on, or favorites, a chapter, I re-read it ~ to recall details I may have forgotten (and the resulting side story seeds planted ~ "Then she will be a princess amongst our people,") and refocus my mind on this and other tales. I hope to get back to some truly creative writing soon. Again, thank you all.

James aka FinalStand

postiemanpostiemanover 5 years ago
Finalstand

good to here from you James, glad than you are having a bit of "upside" for a change, may the wind be always at your back (just not to strong) lol!

FinalStandFinalStandover 5 years agoAuthor
He says ...

"may the wind be always at your back (just not to strong) lol!"

... to the man who dodged two hurricanes this season [I live in Central North Carolina].

:D :D :D

Bwahaha ... I'll get you and your little yak too, postieman!

Honestly ... thank you for your kind words and thoughts. I struggle to be worthy of them.

Take care now,

James aka FinalStand

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 5 years ago
Love You & Your Work!

As I said over two years ago (11-5-16), you are more important than any story, even one as fabulous as LaaNH. I had no idea how much I'd missed by not reading all of the comments following each chapter, in my eagerness to read what came next. I've read & reread all 47 chapters several times so now I get to go back for all the back chatter, woohoo!!!

James, you are amazing both as a person & as a writer. People around the world are praying for you and cheering you on. As a fellow Episcopalian & believer in the Divine, you are an inspiration, and blessings happen everyday. I hope they'll happen for you.

Wolfi_18Wolfi_18over 5 years ago
Awesome

I have not done any commenting earlier... now I feel like I have got to do, I have been reading this story all 47 chapter as fast as I could..... and it got me hooked from start.... I thank you for the really good story... I pray for som more of this as I think l am not the only one who love this story. ....

Thanks and may the force be with you 😉

lazarus402002lazarus402002over 5 years ago
my all time favorite story

at the first, i never thought i'd end up choosing a tory in this site as my favorite, then i began to read this story, I now have read and reread this story maybe 6 or seven times, and it has become my favorite. one thing i do wish. that the story continued to the great hunt and beyond.. i was left with a desire to continue following the exploits of cael.

rjsnowblind12rjsnowblind12over 5 years ago
Thanks

Just finished re-reading this story and it is fantastic, definitely one of my favorites on this site. Glad to you you are back and posting FinalStand!

bent1bent1over 5 years ago
Love the characters!

Have read through the story twice now and find myself laughing, gasping, and choked up just as much as the first time. Yes this earned me more than one odd look from wife, I told her was playing with my imaginary friends, and kept reading.

Your characters have life and live in a vibrant world that's very easy to slip into. And yes I enjoy the Goddess ridden heroes sexcapades, lol.

I found the LKH reference hilarious! My wife is a huge fan (and yes I've read them as well "guilty")

I'm looking forward to reading more and hope the new year brings you peace, prosperity and a well spring of creativity to help walk the tightrope across this soup sandwich we call life.

AmmononAmmononover 5 years ago
Merry Christmas FS

James,

Wishing You and Yours a Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season.

I love all your stories. I have read and re-read all of them many times. Even the partial ones you have send me that you have not finished or posted.

Thank you for your awesome story telling.

Ron

lonecatALlonecatALover 5 years ago
Another Excellent Storyline

I have spent most of a week, after work, reading this story and, like some of your other unfinished masterpieces (mainly "Christian College Sex Comedy" and LaaNH, with "A Tale of the Technician" right behind (OK, I am a bit greedy)) it definitely has me panting for more. I can't believe how much, during your heyday, that you were able to produce on a consistent basis -- it was really impressive how you were able to keep the story lines flowing in such short intervals between chapters. I wait patiently (well if I have to be honest, IMPATIENTLY) for your health/mojo to comeback so you can continue feeding the beast :-)

Thank you for providing such excellent stories to keep us entertained for weeks on end...

DreadlokDreadlokover 5 years ago
Just checking in.

Saw your October comments James. I'm glad for you. I'm sure I'm not alone among all your many fans wishing you good recoveries. You are a very gifted writer and I'm hoping we see continuations in your excellent storytelling. Take care of yourself and keep up the good fight. Best wishes for the coming year...and beyond.

FinalStandFinalStandover 5 years agoAuthor
Dreadlok ...

I have discovered two of the roadblocks which have stopped me from continuing some of my stories - and those are I feel my 'romance' and 'comedy' writings have been lacking over the past two years and I'm trying to get back into that groove. I feel this is especially important as I finish up Life as a New Hire. I have 'material', but it I don't feel it does the story line justice.

Mentally and physically I'm much better over the past few months than over the past two years. I'm hoping 2019 will be a much more productive year.

Thank you and everyone else for your well-wishes. Take care,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you

James this is great I cant wait for the hunt

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Character looks

Hey finalstand, quick question, I can never really picture how some characters look in the story such as cael,daphne,and oddette. I just wanted to ask if there are any famous people you that remind you of certain characters?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Years Later, As Usual

I am always late for these great book series! James, you have blended together so many cool conspiracies into a solution I always "marshal my mental forces" to solve; how to beat China. I could read this series over again right now, after having finished my second reading, except I get mad not being able to discuss your work with the non-erotic-friendly world. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Waiting with waited breath

As always your stories are amazing. Hoping for the completion of the series when you feel better James.

postiemanpostiemanabout 5 years ago
Hello James

hope you and the family are well, just read LNH for the 7th or 8th time, just gets better every time i read it, i have bought the books for my kindle so i can go through some chapters when i am out,So i hope you and your "better" half can enjoy a meal on the proceeds of my purchases(maybe a big mac each!) stay well m8

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES