All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 47'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 453 Comments (Page 5)
ArkitektbmwArkitektbmwabout 5 years ago
Thank you, and here's hoping!

James,

Just wanted to say, this is an amazing peice of literary artwork. Your attention to detail and love of life shines through all of your characters. I'm severally tempted to read through all the comments to learn what comes next, but I'd much rather read it as a finished work!

I hope and pray 2019 has been treating you kindly.

Take care friend, looking forward to hearing from you!

LunarLilithLunarLilithabout 5 years ago
Best wishes for you and a quick question on troop numbers

Hello, James! I hope that 2019 is treating you well and that your health and that of your family has been improving. Like many other readers here, I love your stories. They have brought me so many moments of laughter and excitement. LaaNH is definitely my favorite and I have read the entire series several times.

After finishing the most recent read through over the past week, I realized that every time I read it, there is one line that bugs me in the the story just after the events with Ajax and the Battle of the Seven Skulls. I think it may just be a typo, but I have OCD, so it's hard to stop thinking about it. I was hoping that you might be able to clear it up for me.

In almost all the chapters of the story in and after Romania, you mention a couple thousand troops total brought into the battle (including the initial forces that arrived to stop Ajax and his team from leaving, the additional troops that come in via helicopter, and finally the ones that arrive on horseback). You confirm in several places that during the battle, there were approximately 200 troops killed or injured.

However, in one of the chapters not too long after those events, someone in Cael's team states that he mobilized half a million troops. Is that a typo? I find it hard to imagine 500,000 people fighting in that small of an area. My only thought on how it could be possible is if the person (I don't remember who it is, but I can find the line if you need to know the chapter/page) might be talking about a combination of all the various military events with the Khanate that Cael has been involved with, not just Romania.

If you can let me know, it would be very much appreciated. Either way, I wish and yours the very best.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 5 years agoAuthor
LunarLilith

About the numbers ...

I think it is this line from Chapter 35:

"My grandson sent in motion a half million combatants a few hours ago, he nearly died leading your soldiers against your nation's enemies and you want him to kiss your shoes as if you matter at all in the grand scheme of things?" she (Pamela) snarled. "Think again."

The 500,000 refers to the troop movements of Operation Funhouse - the Russian and Khanate troops operating in, or near, Manchuria.

In Romania, only one brigade (~6,000 men) were mobilized for the operation against Ajax and the vast majority of those didn't get into the fight - mobilization takes time and most of the troops' home barracks were too far away. I had a former member of the Romanian Armed Forces help me with my math.

Roughly 3 infantry companies (~160 men each) were involved in the actual firefight plus the artillery unit which arrives as Ajax starts his retreat ... so we are looking at roughly 480 ground-pounders for the Romanians plus Ajax's 50. What truly screwed Ajax was those three companies were part of two separate battalions so Romanian reinforcements were on the way from all sides. What truly sucked for the Romanians was the over 200 dead and wounded out of that initial force of 480. That is a hideous casualty percentage and a loss rate which would have shattered lesser combat troops.

I wanted to write a battle in which the Romanians (as well as other military tacticians) go both ~ "how did we lose so many men?" and "how did we lose so many men yet succeed?"

I hope this helps and thanks for the feedback.

Take care,

James aka FinalStand

LunarLilithLunarLilithabout 5 years ago
Thanks so much!

James - Thank you so much for the quick response! That makes so much sense and now (hopefully) my brain can stop focusing on that.

Regarding the pain in your feet, have the doctors given you a diagnosis yet or are they still looking? Also, have they considered that the pain might not originate with the feet? I spent years in a lot of pain that started in my left foot and the doctors I saw never gave me a solid answer. Just a couple of years ago, a new doctor I was seeing finally made the diagnosis. I have a very rare neuro-inflammatory disease called CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome) which can affect any limb and often spreads over time. Once I knew and was able to start learning more, it helped me so much to understand what was causing the pain and find at least some things I could do to help reduce it. Although there is no known cure for CRPS, and the disease continues to advance as I get older, it has at least given me a starting point for research and trying to understand.

Having to live with any type of chronic pain is something that is so difficult to truly understand for people who have never experienced it and while I am not bi-polar, I have had to start taking meds for depression (and I was already on meds for ADHD and anxiety). I greatly sympathize with the things you have been through and truly hope that things are getting better. You have incredible talent and I would love to see you feeling better and able to share more of your great stories as you can.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Seriously James?

Seriously, old friend? I have to find out about your health from public posts now? All the while my messages go unanswered.

~AoD

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 5 years agoAuthor
You deserve better, but ...

... a quirk of my depression is I find it easy to answer 'public' posts far easier than private messages at times. I want to give my friends 'good news' and when such is few and far between ~ such as I've written a grand total of 702 words in the past five days ~ I don't want to weigh you down. I want to report progress being made on the literary front. I want the old gives-and-takes of ideas to spark story lines like they did three years ago. I want those old collaborations and exchanges which had consequence in my works ... and until I can actually start on some new work ... I feel I'm letting you down personally.

I don't claim that this mindset makes sense. The irrationality of it eats at me too. It is the way my mind currently functions though and I've got to deal with it. I wish you didn't have to. I wish ... but wishing doesn't make it so.

I've got twenty-three documents open at the moment. Twenty story ideas, one story almost ready for publication here on Literotica, and the first two books of One in Ten which I'm trying to get ready for publication (all old stuff already published here). Twenty story ideas and not a damn one which is keeping my focus. I'd really much rather contact you and say "hey, take a look at this and let me know what you think" except if I can't find the juice to complete them, what's in it for you? I certainly don't want to saddle you with my frustrations yet that's where I am currently. Ugh.

Sorry for unloading like this.

James aka FinalStand

haplessfoolhaplessfoolalmost 5 years ago
Just glad you update us periodically

I'm sure that there are many readers, myself included, who are happy that you even take the time to keep us informed. There are plenty of stories which have been left hanging for years with not a word about why. Seeing that you are still around and invested really means a lot. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I seriously couldn't care less about the stories. It's you I care about. You could delete all those stories and I would still be your friend.

So, stop beating yourself up about it.

~AoD

AmmononAmmononalmost 5 years ago
I second AoD

We care about you first.

I have been re-reading "If this a Harem Story" "OH NO" and lots of other story starts you have shared with me. I can understand when you fail to reply to my emails because I sometimes can't deal with other people.

We care James.

Ron

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
In the meanwhile...

...I've been trying to teach a man about the realities of war. Sadly, I'm not having much success. He's one of those idiotic pacifists who think mercy has a place in war, and, an important place at that...

~AoD

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 5 years agoAuthor
War ...

War must be so brutal, so terrible that only fools would embrace it because what War truly means is sending horses back to their yurts with empty saddles.

G. Khan (2014)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Exactly!

He seems to think that 'killing people is evil' and, we should avoid this evil even if we are fighting a war. Moreover, he thinks showing mercy to your enemies can get them to back off. How it's supposed to happen is beyond me. Even I don't have that many brain cells.

I think I'll just forwad you the damn conversation. It's either going to be downright hilarious or annoying. I can't decide which.

~AoD

Ryanwood405Ryanwood405almost 5 years ago

Loved this story so much idk if your still writing or not but if you are i cant wait for more .

MashivanMashivanalmost 5 years ago
Still excited

I was honestly dreading the end to this epic 3 months, but the fact that there's more, and the story isn't over, makes me very very happy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Praying for you James. You're worthy, even if you never find the opportunity to write another word.

May your spirit be soothed in eternal love.

-peaksofblue

mistout1mistout1almost 5 years ago
Hoping for more

I’ve seen you’re pace of churning out stories has really slowed down. I’m hoping, along with everyone else, that you find your way back to this one. The amount of thought, creativity and research you’ve put into this one is astounding. Best wishes to you whichever way things go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Rest in peace

Be still in your rest knowing that people cared about your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Anonymous Below - 08/10/19

Are you being serious...is there any proof to this?

Hopefully, that was just a distasteful joke.

If not this is truly saddening.

Fuck.

FinalStandFinalStandover 4 years agoAuthor
In case there is any confusion ...

... I am still alive, just caught up in a lengthy cycle of depression with short bouts of mania. My psychiatrist is working on finding me a medicine regimen which flattens out my depressive cycle which doesn't harm my liver and kidneys. Until then I have to cope as best I can.

What this story needs is about three continuous weeks of me having a clear mind. I have written over twenty thousands words for the upcoming chapter, but it takes a certain clarity to patch all the sections together and make them work. Currently I'm lucky to get five good days and those are eaten up by whatever random idea has the loudest voice in my head.

I don't mean to leave everyone hanging. I don't. I am stuck with the mind I have and that's that.

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
RP: Priorities

No worries. Please continue to prioritize your health.

It's been almost 8 years and I've never commented

while secretly admiring your work. If it wasn't for that

(very rude in my opinion) comment I wouldn't have

lost my self control and responded in shock. Knowing

the bits of information that you have shared over the

years it's evident that there are considerably more

important things at stake here.

You're under no obligation to report your status, though

it is appreciated. I've no doubt most of your readers

understand this and are more concern about your well

being, hopefully finding some sort of solace and stability.

There's not much we can do, but stick with you.

Personally, if it take weeks, month, years I don't mind.

Ill always check up here and now since i'll always have

such fond memories of reading your work.

Take care,

RBG

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

I dont usually comment but have to say a big emotional "THANK YOU" for this story so far. If you choose to not continue (or are ubable), i am happy and honored to have read what you have shared of your mind with us. It is an amazing tale and your dedication and perserverance is amazing.

You have created a fantastic world and memerable deep characters.

As i am not good with words i will leave it up to your imagination the inflections and feelings behind my comment to just say thank you that is in no way just a just!

McLovin6787McLovin6787over 4 years ago
Patience and Love

One most of your readers lack and the other we have in abundance for this story, take care of yourself first then when you're healthy you can crank out another chapter and be satisfied you're writing is still top notch and entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Medicine

Enjoying your tale immensely, here is hoping your medical treatment does not interfere with your writing/language skills.

bornwildnfreebornwildnfreeover 4 years ago
Take care of you

Reading about what you are working through really helped me. By your open and honest comments about your health, I was able to see some issues in my own life and get treatment. So thank you. Take care of you. Know your fans are here, even if we never read another word. And, as always, thank you for the stories.

postiemanpostiemanover 4 years ago
Hello James

sad to hear your struggling at the moment mate, keep on 1 day at a time my friend, there's always light at the end of the tunnel(hopefully not an oncoming train) health and family always first. kind regards

Neill

LytharLytharover 4 years ago
Beautiful

Every single bit of this story has been a wonderful ride. Thank you for sharing such a rollercoaster with your readers. I'm waiting with baited breath for your next chapter, no matter how long it may take, because you can't rush perfection!

mlroedermlroederabout 4 years ago
Love it!

I love this story, and I'm excitedly hoping for updates.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good luck with your health

Just wanted to pay you a compliment. I have been a huge fan of Christian college sex comedy and Life as a new hire. Its been years now and I keep coming back to see if you have any updates. None of this helps with you health, but just wanted you know that you have fans of your talent. If there was a way for you to publish your work and make it kind of sex lite, I am sure you would have plenty of people who would love to access via kindle or whatever platform. Not so say the sex isn't great, but I share my kindle in the family and have pre teen kids, so nope, not loading this on my family kindle. The larger message is, I wish you were more mainstream, I love reading your stuff and often just skip the sex bits cos then dealing with my resultant hard on distracts from the story. I only mention all this because your update says you were finding it hard to write new stuff and were considering releasing older unpublished work...well, please consider editing CCSC and LAANH and releasing them in sex lite/comic adventure versions.

All that aside, good luck with your health mate. we're rooting for you turn it around.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Best wishes

This is a wonderful story and please accept my wishes for you to get healthy and be able to complete this wonderful tale at some point. Take care and stay safe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Definitely enjoyable

One thing had been bothering me though. The kidnapping. Basically it doesn't make sense. No one has any logical motivation for it. Why would handing him off to the 7P help the Brits get expats to the Khanate? It wouldn't. If for some weird reason it did and if they only had to give up one task force member, why would they give up the most important? Seriously, the task force doesn't exist or continue without his connections to everyone. Basically lose Cael and you lose the task force. Then on the flip side the Amazon's have zero reason to give him up other than their hatred of men. But Katrina doesn't have any reason and also gets nothing out of it. Also, why would she give up one of the three females in her house that can have kids? Because she somehow knew that three goddesses would come and save Cael? Even if she did, why risk it. She gets literally nothing out of it. So basically the whole thing doesn't make any sense as no one has any actual motivations to make it happen. It was pointless from all of their perspectives. Other than that one point, I've thoroughly enjoyed the story and I hope you feel better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful storytelling

I’m completely amazed at how much you have put into this story. If I could, I’d ask for your autograph on a hard copy. After reading your bio, I do hope that you and your family are doing well. Best wishes.

Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandalmost 4 years ago
5th time

Just finish reading again. Damn do want to see the great hunt. Lol

Love your stores, and you have my best wishs in whatever is next for you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Damn shame

This is one of my favorite stories on this site, unfortunately i doubt it will ever be finished.

AmmononAmmononalmost 4 years ago
as to the kidnapping

I believe it was Katrina that set up the kidnapping. The reason? To get someone close to the 7P. She had faith that Cael would keep Aya safe. She is cold. Lose a breeding female vs. the survival of the host? Any time. Pamela told Cael she almost killed Katrina over it. However it worked out as Katrina felt it would.

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Ammonon ...

... got it right. Katrina risked Cael and Aya for the greater good of the Host. Had Cael failed and ended up dead ... the race would have been on between Katrina and Pamela to see who died first.

Thanks Ammonon.

Take care all. I'm back to writing again and back on Lithium so I'm hoping things will pick up in the second part of the year. I'm still looking for the right mix of comedy and drama which helped me through the story to date.

James aka FinalStand

JAFCriticJAFCriticalmost 4 years ago
James...

So glad to hear you are alive and on the mend! I worried that something bad happened. Hope you rediscover your muse and keep up with your stories. Best wishes buddy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Thank you for the update--please keep them coming. Glad to hear that your health is improving. I really miss your excellent storytelling and hope that you are well enough to post more soon. Best wishes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Up Up And Away

FinalStand/James: I hope to see you on a strong positive trajectory in your life. Sounds like you still enjoy writing so we will all benefit from improvements in the quality of your life. All the best.

-- Scurvy aka wouldnt-you-like-to-know

TheGreatBudhaTheGreatBudhaalmost 4 years ago
Looking forward!

James, so glad to hear you are on the mend and looking forward to future installments!

TheLordWinterTheLordWinteralmost 4 years ago
Damn....

Hate to see this come to such a blunt stop, but glad to hear you are doing well. Keep up the awesome work and I hope to see the rest of Cael's exploits soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hope you get your bearings

Please take care of yourself and get well soon. Hope you can finish off Chapter 48 LAANH when you can.

PS: I have to remain anonymous for personal reasons. Reading erotic stories isn't something I can get caught with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Hi James have just finished my 25th reread and must say the story just keeps getting better. Glad to hear your feeling good hope to see your next chapter in the near future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I wish you finished it!

Hey there,

Fantastic work you've done with the story so far. Too bad you never finished it.

The story was sometimes difficult to follow during the war/politics scenes but otherwise a great read.

With regards,

M

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The ultimate 99%er

I think there is only one story written by this guy that's complete, don't get me wrong i LOVE his work and i have read this several times, it's detailed, methodical and humorous but for the love of God Finish the damn story! We've been waiting (im)patiently for long enough now surely?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hey

Hey leave Him alone, we get to read his stories for free so when the chapters turn up they turn up

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Disappointed that it had no ending

Normally, when I see a listing for a multi-part story that was written several years ago, I assume that the story is complete. I was, therefore, somewhat disappointed when the story just stopped, without any resolution of some of the main plot lines. If this was due to something happening to the author, then I'm sorry to hear it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow just wow

This is truely one of the best stories that I have read, not on the site, anywhere....the level of detail is amazing and unlike some I absolutely love it.

ISO has been a great time to read and I'm glad I stumbled upon this and read it all in a few days, going back for seconds. English is not my first language so dictionary on the phone has been used frequently.

Great to hear you are on the mend, concentrate on your health, any stories you churn out is a bonus.

- Another fan

mikeagomikeagoover 3 years ago

A Great Story with a multitude of facets , I love it. The two things I find most interesting are you developing an Amazon moral and ethics and how this works/compares in our times. James, it’s good to hear that your health is getting better and that you are still working on this story.

Thanks for this wonderful story and looking forward seeing more of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I read this story at least once every year and every time it is a lot of fun. I don't think I reread anything as often as this, Tolkien and Asimov included.

My only problem is that after reading this story it is extremely hard for me to find anything as good...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story...

Hoping that we see the rest of the story!

Other than the odd homonym error, which seems prevalent when using a WP program for initial editing, the entire series was very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Classic

I like a lot of other readers go back and re-read this about every year. It is a classic. The first time reading through, some of the scenes had me laughing so hard I couldn't catch my breath.

I do hope you don't leave the story where it is and give it a good ending. There are a few loose threads like Grandfather and the hunt that could use closure. I don't know if you need to close out the war with the PRC but those two would be nice.

Thanks for a wonderful story.

DogmancyprusDogmancyprusover 3 years ago

Good Story

I have been back a couple of times to re-read. Was wondering why it had stopped when it did. Keep it going.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uover 2 years ago

New players at this stage…. Knowing that this story ends very shortly in the middle of a secret world wide war and with a Brazilian expedition never taken but just because Cael gets the hunt started. This leaves me wanting. The hunt was arbitrary and now it’s the cause of the end of the story.

It’s equivalent to writing a WW2 story starting from the start and stopping as the troops hit the beaches on D-Day.

Basically I would appreciate more of this story line. I also know I am years late in requesting this.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES