All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 48'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 165 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

Hi James, hope you are doing well. I'm really pleased your are publishing. I checked amazon, seems all they have are 8 volumes, do you plan to put the rest on there? whats the plan mate, you have a lot of fans rooting for you.

pjpbpjpb2 months ago

5/5 overall

Despite 5 stars, story is not without significant flaws:

- breakneck pace; 84 days to change and save the world several times over killed this story; while I would love to read follow ups I do not expect it. The peak already reached, what else could Cael do without major change of pace and narrative...

- world news.... they would seriously lower my score if they would have any meaningful impact to actual story or be difficult to skip. Starting before chapter 20 they take more and more or chapter percentile... remaining not really realistic and transparent for actual storyline (including significant part of the final (?) Chapter)

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Everything in this story is well written although a little verbose. I find myself skipping over parts that I feel that I do not need to keep up with the contents of the story. Are you going to go on with the "The Great Hunt" either here or on Amazon. If Amazon, which volume would it be in. Continue the great story line and hope to be reading it in the near future.

MwestohioMwestohio2 months ago

I hope you are on a three year cycle so the next update is soon

JGriffintabooJGriffintaboo3 months ago

Thanks for writing this story @FinalStand. LAANH is one of my all time favorites. I've read it around 10-12 times (lost count a few re-reads ago), and your writing still pulls me right back in. I'm looking forward to reading the conclusion! Hope you're doing well

bhojobhojo3 months ago

I wish that this would be continued. We had unexpectedly got chapter 48 and I was so happy because finalstand is a fantastic write , but rarely finishes these epics that he conceives and this one really deserves this.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Hi, I'm almost done with my fifth reread or something, and I have a question. Back in chapter 46, when Cael is talking to Krassimira, there is this section:

"Secondly, I humbly request you tell me 'her' name. I would like to use it when I greet her when I pass. I imagine she hasn't heard it in a long, long time." By 'her' I meant Yakko Ishara. The second question was both a quest to determine if I had guessed right about how things had unfolded and as an indicator that I sympathized with her burden.

"Firstly, you are welcome. Secondly, whose name are you referring to?" she smiled. Yep, I was right.

"It is okay."

Do I understand correctly, that Krassimira is acknowledging that Cael guessed correctly about the Keepers' secret, but doesn't want to give anything else away, or is there some other explanation?

Also, in the continuation, when she talks about the fortune cookie for Dot, was that actually meant for Cael to read or really just for Dot's eyes.

As always, hope you manage to get your writing mind together and looking forward to the great hunt and being able to throw more money at you on Amazon!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

'Life as a New Hire' is a preposterously imaginative and entertaining novel.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2u5 months ago

Magnificent story. I understand that this type of story is more like a serial than just a story. Realistically there is no end until Cael dies I suppose. Also this type of serial story with the conversations and devious activities is labour intensive to research and write. Ad to that the complexity that the large character and world environment brings to the story means that just writing it is a huge burden on the memory, even if the author has a cheat sheet with everyone’s names affiliations abilities and linage.

So yeah I can see why final stand chose to end the story.

OH A HUGE POINT… Back when this was written things like patreon wasn’t a thing so he would have been writing 80 hours a month every mo th for years for free. I bet that would get tiresome.

1inquiringmind1inquiringmind6 months ago

I read many episodes of this story some years ago. I love the premise, the many distinct characters, and the clever, snarky MC. All the episodes are worth experiencing, which is why I am re-reading now. I could not decide whether to give every chapter 5 stars, the first 5 stars, or the last one five stars. I also could not bear the idea of writing many many many reviews.

So, each story will get five stars, and the review is at the end; unless FinalStand decides to continue the adventure. 🤞🏼

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Just lurking waiting for the next chapter. Keep up the awesome work!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This is because Felix is acting as a double agent here. Cáel notices immediately that Felix betraying him and Aya to the Chinese is impossible for many reasons. Felix wouldn’t have the access or the knowledge to do any of this even with the help of the Seven Pillars. This means Havenstone had already told him the truth about Havenstone. Since the Seven Pillars wouldn’t trust any female from the Amazons (because they’re Amazons and the Seven Pillars is deeply chauvinistic), the Amazons needed a male that could believably pretend to betray them so that the Seven Pillars could capture Cáel. Katrina chose Felix for this task. She actually masterminded this whole plan, including reading in Felix to the Amazons’ true nature (basically affirming his likelihood to pass his internship). So Felix was just following orders, and Katrina determined he could be trusted with that. She is the one to make that decision as the “Bearer of the Sun Spear through the Halls of Night and Death”, but is also responsible for the consequences of this decision as it relates to Havenstone’s internal security. That means she needs to keep him safe from other Amazons that might not know Felix was under orders and from other groups in the secret war that might try to turn him. So she sends him off to an Epona stronghold until the Great Hunt afterwards to keep him safe because he is a proven viable Warrior-Father for the New Directive. Havenstone needs all the new male blood it can get, and dropping the initial class from 2 to 1 would be devastating, so Felix has to live until the Great Hunt to support the next class of male interns for the New Directive.

AeralitoAeralito6 months ago

I don’t get it, Felix handed him and Ava to the chinese , why isn’t he dead?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Just dropping in to say your stories are missed.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This series ranks as the best long form story I've had the pleasure to read on this site.

To add to that it has the bonus of (when I read it) having a confirmed end point and more chapters written and in the progress of being written. A finish.

I do have one request. Please FinalStand/James, if you change your mind on that let us know so this work can have some closure, it's been wonderful reading it and I would love to read the final chapters but if it is not to be I would also like to put it to rest.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sorry if my comment is a bit all over the place, i'm both tired and on too much coffee. But i need to toss my 2 cents in before i forget.

It's the oddest thing, i can't help but like the story, there's PLENTY to love about it.

BUT!!

After chapter 10, maybe 15 or so... basically from the time secret societies start coming into play, the story feels like a malicious editor snuck in a 2nd story inside the original story that has little to do with the original one.

Most novels tend to ram in way too much exposition at the start of the story, trying to establish everything before it becomes relevant. Those novels also tend to over-world-build in the early chapters, before you ever get to know the main character to any appreciable degree, you end up knowing more about the world, kingdoms, fantastic history, geography etc, way more than you care to. Since you haven't even gotten to make up your mind if the story is worth slogging through all that exposition.

Not here though, this novel lets you know the cast of characters, lets you get to know main character pretty well, ropes you in, and then hits you with so much exposition, i found myself forgetting what novel i was reading in the 1st place. The point of view swaps to geo-politics that stretch over pages and pages were so hard and exausting to read through, i found myself needing to rest between attempts to read through them. Same goes for flashbacks to ancient past events. They were, at times, maybe most of the time, so overly detailed, and so irrelevant to the main plot that i would have been a happiest camper ever if they remained as some kind of ... story about a story, a side story for the more interested readers/fans.

Other than that, I understand that author's name is James, so James, thank you for an otherwise amazing story and please when and if you find the time, try to give us some more of your very high quality work, please and thank you.

skippersdadskippersdad9 months ago

This is great wondering how far you will take it.

gnome_mangnome_man10 months ago

Hi There, James. I hope this reaches you in good spirits.

This is my fourth or fifth re-read of this great story. Every time I read it, I wish that there was something beyond Chapter 48, but I know that there isn’t. Today, though, I read that you have done a lot of Chapter 49, but are having difficulties with the last part of it.

Have you ever considered assistance? I know some people who are quite good at this sort of thing, they might be able to help you. You know that they would be willing. Just give them a call.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I want more. You are an incredible novelist. I know your health is an issue but we need the Great Hunt.

FinalStandFinalStand10 months agoAuthor

No. The final chapter is partially in Chapter 49 and partially still in my head. I'm struggling to simply cut 49 in two and publishing the start of the Great Hunt in 49 and the conclusion in Chapter 50. Once I get that written, I will publish the conclusion of LAANH on Amazon and other sites.

Take care,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Are the final chapter on ur Amazon

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

would love the next chapter

Janrene3Janrene311 months ago

James (FinalStand).

This is a great (!) story. Please remember that, because you are your own worst critic!

Its SO easy to fall into the trap of self doubt - don`t!

If you have finished 3/4 of the story and have subconsius ideas for the ending, just write what first comes to mind! Then check for spejling errors - and simply submit. You will be surprised, how most of us will be both grateful and positive!

There will ALWAYS be negative voices out there. It will be impossible to write something, that everybody just applauds. It is simply impossible. Take the constructive criticism, and use it in the following chapter, and … quite simply: forget about the haters! It really is that easy, when you are writing at this top level, as you do - consistently!.

Looking forward to the Hunt! :D

Gr8X2PlayGr8X2Play12 months ago

I have thoroughly enjoyed this story, the ups , the downs the laughter and even the tears at times. I do hope there is going to be further episodes for I’m most anxious to read the hunt . Queen “Aya” gives you quite the opportunity for more… Thank You for giving me a wonderful story to escape to , very helpful for my health.

clearlyenigmaticclearlyenigmatic12 months ago

FinalStand

I have only recently discovered this story and am looking forward to see how the world is going to end up...or end.

Life can sometimes be a bitch keeping us from the things that we love. It is clear from this story that you love storytelling and are gifted to do it. Your intelligence, creativity and humor brings me joy. Good luck on your journey.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

To the author: I hope this message finds you well, and pleas know that I’ve greatly enjoyed this story. I look forward to more chapters as your time and health allow, and would like to remind you of the early chapters in that they had only two to four pages. These longer saga-style chapters seem like they’d be quite onerous to get through. Do feel free to return to the earlier style…

Thank you for the many chapters so far!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why isn't episode 49 showing?

FinalStandFinalStandabout 1 year agoAuthor

Not dead, just struggling to be the author I feel this story deserves ... and not there yet. Still writing, just not stuff I feel worthy of being published.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Last post was 11/13/20, you dead?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Does anyone think this story has a even, maybe slightly ok ending?

FinalStandFinalStandabout 1 year agoAuthor

I am still writing, just not with the quality and consistency I want to finish off LAANH ... and then I hope to jump back into Christian College Sex Comedy considering I have two episodes nearly finished for that tale. I do still read all the posts and when my depression allows - respond. Thank you everyone for your continuing interest in these stories.

James aka FinalStand

P.S. I really need to get back to my e-mails and respond to all of them. Sorry about the horrific delays folks.

lonecatALlonecatALabout 1 year ago

It is such a relief every time that I see that FinalStand is till involved in these stories, it gives me hope that more is still to come :-)

postiemanpostiemanabout 1 year ago

James my man,! Good to hear that your still vertical!! if you get to finish it great but not at the expense of your health, hope the lady wife and daughter are all well and finally, belated Happy Birthday to you

FinalStandFinalStandabout 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you, readyplayer2 ... I'm a glorious 59 years old. Spent the day surrounded by family and having a wonderful time. I even wrote 4 paragraphs ... in a story which sadly wasn't this one. I haven't given up hope though. I know what I want to happen. I just need to drag the words out of my brain and put them on the screen.

Take care,

James aka FinalStand

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uabout 1 year ago

Years old this story is. I must have read it 3 times and every time I’m disappointed it hasn’t been continued. I understand that epics like this one get more and more difficult to write as the story becomes more convoluted and precedents from 50 chapters ago have to be remembered and followed. The lore for the land is set and established and that might work great for this first part but it may be too constraining to be able to continue the story with new and evolving story lines.

wiverswiversabout 1 year ago

I wanted to thank you for the story and the comments-updates.

I haven't read it all yet, I'm around Chap.36, but so far it has been a very nice read.

I've seen some criticisms regarding Rhada getting too much spotlight sex-scene wise, and I wanted to say that as of chap 36, I've been loving it, and I expect I'll keep loving it, because I'm a sucker for BDSM relationships where the Dom is not an asshole and where the sub also happen to be strong-willed (and also fit, and sometimes combative / sometimes eager to serve, those are all other pluses).

These session feels great because they are therapeutic for Rhada, and feel necessary for her in a way that seem believable enough from the context (character personality, culture...).

I want to dom my partners, I want to help them, and I want to feel needed, so I like to see evidence of similar situations which demonstrate that other people get that you can be a dom and a good person, since in most porn "doms" make me want to commit murder. Plus the Rhada scenes are detailed, and I love me some steamy details.

Ultimately don't focus on what your reader might want, we aren't even paying you here. Focus on what you want to expel from your head regarding these characters and their situations, and then on arranging it so it makes some sense, and personalty I'll be thrilled to be along for the ride.

With every story I have ever read, I've plugged the holes and padded the good stuff in my head, and I've done and will do it here too. Sometime I find that Cael and Co's jokes and banter don't fit their situation, but most of the time, they make me happy; sometime (all the time...) I wish the smut was smuttier and there was more of it, but I also want the story to move forward, so... Just write what interests you most, you already got me. I'm also into history, geopolitics and alternate history scenarios that are fun and based on solid enough knowledge to invite exploration, like your Kanate's emergence.

Even if you don't post any more chapter, I'll come up with a continuation in my head, even though I'll regret not having gotten to know yours; so thank you for this engaging story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for this story .can't wait to see how it continues . Since I got sick stories like this has helped me cope again thank you

sccrrlzsccrrlzover 1 year ago

Great story James! Thank you for the update as well. I have read the series a number of times now and can't wait to see how he gets through the Hunt :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks for this epic tale James. I think I last saw it when it was only 2 chapters!

FWIW, Don't be too hard on yourself. I'd be surprised if what you've written isn't better than you think. Hope you're still at least sometimes finding joy in the writing process.

A

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks. I didn’t notice any drop off in quality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for the update. Love your writing and this story in particular. Be well and take care.

RichardbeardRichardbeardover 1 year ago

Totally love this story, cannot wait for the rest of it!

MuczekMuczekover 1 year ago

This story is great and it deserves high quality ending (and a few more books) so I, for one, am glad that you hold yourself up to a high standard instead of producing quick and subpar experience for us. Sure getting what we want quick would be nice, but I am firmly in the "waiting longer for better quality" camp.

FinalStandFinalStandover 1 year agoAuthor

Yes, I plan to finish this story and a few others, but my writing is not currently at what I consider acceptable levels ... which really sucks because I have Chapter 49 roughly 3/4 done. I'm into the Great Hunt and the guys are in some real trouble. I also have this 'Book' concluded with a final scene.

No, not every plot thread will be concluded with this chapter. I planned to take a break way back when my health was better. I even started writing the first chapter of the second Book which starts up on the top of the Empire State Building on Christmas Eve ... just Cael and Desiree.

Man, it really eats at me that I'm simply not back to my old writing level and I believe my readers don't deserve some half-assed effort. I will continue writing though and hopefully come out of this slump both mentally and physically.

I wish I had better news. Take care,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Are you ever going to finish this story???

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story… excited to here about the hunt.. any updates appreciated

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is what I really hate about Literorica.

A well-written, fun and captivating story but left Hanging without an end.

It too bad, but it is what it is

thalt992000thalt992000almost 2 years ago

Hope all is well, love the tell and can't wait for the next chapter when ever it maybe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I gave up looking for a new chapter but just rechecked! I am happily shocked to see this chapter and it is a terrific continuation. Just keep writing. You need to publish this in several books. I would love to see how Vance in "Ebb Tide" is doing. Thanks for your continuing effort. Cowboy100

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sigh… I was hoping for a 49th chapter, not a rewrite of 48. That being said, I’ve enjoyed the story so far and hope you are feeling well-er-ish and continue writing.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 2 years agoAuthor

Sigh ... chapter 48 is mostly finished. I just need to knit some scenes together and make it work before submitting it to my editor ... who is a saint of a human being.

Take care,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Two years and no end, talk about readus interruptus, come on man, finish this !!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Love the story. Please continue.

Geon54Geon54about 2 years ago

When I read LAANH, the Pamela I see (and hear) in my head is Kathy Bates. Even though I think she is described as "reed thin", her cackling laughter trumps everything else. That's who I'd tap as my lethal twin psychic grandmother.

I also "read-in" younger/buffer versions of the following...

Nathan Fillion as Cael

Allison Mack as Odette (Smallville S1) or Buffy (S10)

Dixie Carter as Katrina

Shannon Dougherty as Hanna

Alan Richson (Reacher) as Chaz

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

With regards Pamela, I always pictured her as more in the Laura Dern mould and Buffy.... Gal Gadot perhaps the Wonder Woman connection would offend Buffy... but anyway!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I can't even start to say how much I love this story, but I think the thing that really sets this story apart is you have built a believable fantasy world and weaved it into an amazing story arc with so many characters that you can't help but love.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 2 years agoAuthor

Hiding_in_Portland ~ Jamie Lee Curtis would be an excellent choice for Pamela. All she would need was hair extensions as she currently has short hair. Otherwise she would be a kick-ass choice.

Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandabout 2 years ago

Just reread this chapter for the first time, and the story in whole for the fifth.

And one else think Jamie Lee Curtis would make a great Pamela?

LytharLytharover 2 years ago
Man 2Reader really is a sourpuss

Complains the entire way through the backlog months after the last chapter was posted, then bitches and moans when he finds out it hasn't been finished yet. Someone's not observant at all. An excellent second read through myself, can't wait to start it over again!

MuczekMuczekover 2 years ago

Well there is still hope. FinalStand mentioned working on chapter 49 during last Dapper Mouse Show so fingers crossed for at least one chapter in 2022.

coder0504coder0504over 2 years ago
Next Installment, Please!!

This has been an excellent series, and I have read it several times. As some other readers have posted, it would be great to get the next chapter, since there are quite a number of things that can be addressed (the ‘Hunt’, the war, Cáel‘s grandfather, his relationships with other Ishara members, etc.). Hopefully we will see something soon.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uover 2 years ago

Such a shame that this story was never finished. The crazy this is that this Hunt was just a side show place holder giving the story a timeline to run alongside and a literary way to keep all the Amazon’s at work at bay.

The main story of Cael’s ascendance and the Kahnate wars isn’t finished and you e recently added the Catholics to JIKIT and started another sideshow war. All of that remains to be finished.

Truth be told I don’t know where this story is heading. By that I mean where could a finish line be drawn since this a as much a story about Cael’s life and now he is immortal that makes for a long drawn out story. Also the injured JIKIT FBI guy is yet to come back, give him some advanced Amazon medical treatment to speed his return.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nearly a year since this was published and still no end in sight

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

You mean I read all of this just to find out it has been left unfinished? Giant FU to me. This site needs to erase old works. At least I completed works.

James_DuncanJames_Duncanover 2 years ago

Dang, thoroughly enjoyed the whole ride, then got here and gone. Doh..not finished :(

Hoping you find the mojo/health to finish off a really interesting and enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Keep going! You got this!!!!!!!!

AwkwardOrpheusAwkwardOrpheusover 2 years ago

Good stuff. Though, I'm thoroughly convinced you are possessed by the spirits of Tom Clancy and Douglas Adams.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is the first series I've read from the author. Unaware and, later, rather sceptic of "One in Ten", I was surprised Katrina isn't obviously getting in on the Great Hunt. The crippled Host should be divided (to a degree) into fertile and barren women. And with augur Tadefi confirmed pregnant, no one would test the powers further?

After having had time to read "One in Ten" and not hating it (though liking the Christian School one best of the three series), the above-mentioned avenue of new suitors for Cael felt like it would be a repeat of that part of the other story. This should contribute to writing oneself into a corner feeling.

xhristianjxhristianjover 2 years ago

Aside from the depth and breadth of this work, the term magnum opus comes to mind? What really blew me away is the all-encompassing scope of the storyline and the plot with huge amounts of detail regarding literally every topic relevant. Yet what was really endearing was the intimate relationships between characters and that included the sex scenes. Unlike so many other authors who have attempted similar novels, this doesn't meander or become repetitive. The dialogue is crisp sharp and ultra witty and the number of times I laughed out loud was ridiculous. But again with the dialogue and the characterizations to keep up the originality, the depth, intelligence, and again just the huge variety of situations, cultures etc its simply an outstabnding piece of adult literature.

lust4romancelust4romancealmost 3 years ago

James, so sad to hear about the health issues on "The Dapper Mouse Show" as per your bio. Hoping you can stay well and please, please, please finish LAANH - even if its just the great hunt.

Looking forward to the methods the goddesses will choose in order to play with the hunt for their own goals. Please don't finish in Armageddon. Good ending please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

4th time reading it from the beginning.....please add more chapters

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is the second time I have read this story! Please, please don't stop now!!! I need a second part to (I propose) a trilogy starting with the Great Hunt. This story has been a truly FUN ride. I want to see more in Cael's maturation and steps in to fatherhood.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Don't get your fetish with that Felix guy.

He is a just such an unlikeable character, no matter what new light you're trying to put him in..

Just put him out of his fucking misery all ready. Please 🙏..

Hate guys like him, always convinced that they can get into our panties.. and use them like trophy's as he did.

I really dislike to have to read anything with him involved.. please make him suffer a long very painful death,or incurable decease..

Love Brandi 💘

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Awesome.

Panting like a dog waiting for the next 1,2 and 3 chapters. terrific work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

such a great story. ch 46 remains ranked #29 on literotica

would be nice to see concept like this adapted..

two 2020 hollywood A-list action blockbusters >

- old guard - immortals - originally comic

- infinite - reincarnation

both first 'bought' in march 2017

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

such a great story. ch 46 remains ranked #29 on literotica

would be nice to see concept like this adapted..

two 2020 hollywood A-list action blockbusters >

- old guard - immortals - originally comic

- infinite - reincarnation

both first 'bought' in march 2017

Tika2000Tika2000almost 3 years ago

Fantastic, I am so happy that you have been able to update since I last read this. 4th time through, and still love the thread of it. Hope you are able to write more soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

i sincerely hope you are able to continue this wonderful tale. It is rare to find a story so well crafted and researched. To your good health, sir!

Hubbys_PrincessHubbys_Princessalmost 3 years ago

Just re read LAANH from the beginning, having read it years ago. Fantastic story, eloquent and detail oriented just as I have come to expect from your writing. I hope your health is improving and send healing thoughts your way as, we (your readers and fans) await eagerly any writing you may toss our way.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 3 years ago

After 48 chapters and years of patience,

I’m looking forward to the Great Hunt chapter.

I noticed other comments mentioning some

health issues. I hope you get hale and hearty

ASAP.

And thanks for all these great tales...

LeFrog

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsabout 3 years ago

So I just figured it out! Cael gets intertwined with Zane(ccsc) and Richard(ravenrook) and they battle Cael's grandfather, the Atlanteans, and the ultra fanatical Christian's. Something goes terribly wrong, and the gender plague is released early. Israel sadly succumbs to the world of women, but his son Jason(Noxii) takes up the fight of the others, not knowing that his true father is out there.

SzasstzamSzasstzamabout 3 years ago

Dear James,

I am just coming out of the deep valley of depression and step by step can concentrate enough to enjoy literature again. Since finding your stories here on Literotica i was a fan of your various works... first and foremost LAANH.

I am just re-reading the 8th book on kindle and will then switch to the chapters posted here.

Only wanted to tell you that you are one of my sources of positivity in my live... besides cooking, never considered enjoying that...

Anyhow... thanks for your great work, which as your characters are an inspiration for me.

P.S. friends are people that love you, inspite of knowing you.

BruceWoBruceWoabout 3 years ago

James, hope your health is on the improve. You are too good a writer for the story to be left incomplete.

ScaliaScaliaabout 3 years ago

Do you have any timeline for the next chapter?

lazarus402002lazarus402002about 3 years ago

James if I may call you that, this is my all-time story, and I am an avid reader, I can't wait for the next installment... so far I put you next to Robert Heinlein... so keep up the good work....

steelbladesringsteelbladesringabout 3 years ago

i cant wait for more you are a great writer with impressive attention to detail. i was super happy when i saw this chapter posted

FinalStandFinalStandabout 3 years agoAuthor

Anonymous

Thank you, Sir. I will endeavor to continue to do my very best. Take care,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sir, I have been following your stories for years, and three days ago when I saw that this chapter was posted, I broke down and cried. Your writing, in every story, has been incredible and reached my soul like few have. I really feared the worst for you, but I couldn’t believe the relief that I felt seeing this under your profile. Every time I read your magnificent work I feel as if I’m transported into the worlds you’ve built. God bless you and your family, I hope you’re doing better. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The Man is back. Welcome our long awaited Hero. It has been a worthwhile wait. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

thank you so much for continuing this story. I am retired now due to pancreatic cancer and this picked up my spirits. Thanks again.

NutRanchNutRanchabout 3 years ago
Welcome back!

As you will and as you can PLEASE continue this!

Now I have to update the additional background if I can find my original Cast of Characters or it just won't feel right.

As always my best to you and yours.

DaNut

Virgo6Virgo6about 3 years ago
Many thanks

For the continuation, an excellent tale with many mysteries yet to solve. I really hope you enjoy writing these as much as I do reading them.

bonzo49bonzo49about 3 years ago
Another time through

I read 48 as soon as I saw it. Now I've just finished rereading the whole series. I eagerly await 49. Your imagination is fabulous! Please be well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

When I realized that you had come out with Chapter 48, I had to reread LANH again (I think the fifth time!)... Just hope that after the Hunt, Cael, will go on as member of the Host. I realize New Hire will no longer apply, so Be Very SURE that those of us who really want to follow your excellent writing in this story will be able to follow as you lead us through the myriad twists and turns I can see on the horizon (and those I'm sure that will pop up!)... Thank you for coming back. We who follow you really appreciate it.

Onyx412.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just in time for my 5th reread

I was just finishing my 5th reread. Reading the Kindle version I was delighted to see this chapter pop up when I ran out of the Kindle material.

Please publish the newer chapters in this form as well, I would love to throw some more money at you.

That said, I'm delighted that you are able to work on this again and hope that good health persists. I love the story and am looking forward to reading the great hunt, but also caels life as a new father. The universe you managed to spin up is magnificent and I hope to see many more installments in the future, whenever they may come...

Good luck and happy 2021

UsuallyPresentUsuallyPresentover 3 years ago

Welcome back, James! Thanks for this, I’ve missed Caèl

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
waited 4yrs for this!

was really excited to finally see a new chapter, i just hope we dont have to wait too long for more now

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Publishing worthy read.

Thank you for this installment! I have read every chapter and enjoy your style greatly.

I like how you have shared of yourself and your struggles. You are not alone!

I have had a pretty rough couple of years myself and I have to keep taking the right steps and not give up hope.

Take care...

SzasstzamSzasstzamover 3 years ago
Thx for your work you are sharing here...

Hi James,

I hope 2021 will be a better year for all of us.

I want to thank you for your part of my therapy for depression, i am working on.

With my therapist i worked out two major activities that help me avoid the peaks

(actually the lowpoints) of depressive episodes.

One is cooking for myself (i find chopping veggies unbelievable relaxing),

The other one is reading fiction.

For me your work is in the same range as Michael Stackpole, David Weber and Dan Abnett

Since i already purchased your published e-books on amazon, i ask myself if there are more planed.

Cya around here,

Szass

P.S. I'm from Germany, so if you need any future help with cultural or linguistic oddities from old Krautland (we do not eat that much kraut... don't even remember the last time) feel free to contact me.

P.S.S. on february 9th i will pass the half century mark, maybe there is a chance for new reading material from you?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES