Life has a Plan of its Own

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His head snapped up. "You aren't upset?"

"We've been upset with each other for too long. It's time we got along, don't you think?"

"After what I've said, I think you know that's what I want."

"I do. I'm going to bake for a while longer, and then we can get ready for dinner."

By the time we headed back to the suite, I was nicely pink, the way you should be when finishing a week at Hilton Head.

On the walk back, Bo had decided that he would get dressed first, then go to the main room and wait for me. He said he wanted to see me make a grand entrance in the fuchsia dress. I was a little surprised that his saying that made my heart beat a little faster.

He finished more quickly than I'd thought he would, and when we passed each other, the aroma of his cologne swept over me, making my body tingle. I was having reactions that I'd never imagined would happen during this week.

I showered, smiling at the now clearly apparent tan lines, i.e., burn lines were at the moment. I wasn't uncomfortable, but the hot water of the shower made me aware that I'd been in the sun.

I used the dryer on my hair and brushed it until it looked better than I'd thought it might. I pulled on my last pair of bikini panties, a plain white this time, and grabbed my bra.

I paused.

I remember the feeling I'd had trying on the bikini in the little shop. I was having the same feeling now. A deep breath, and I tossed the bra back into the suitcase. The Lis standing there observing her topless self in the mirror wasn't the same Lis who'd flown to Hilton Head just a few days ago.

I pulled on the dress. Damn. It looked just as it did when I was wearing my bra. A picture of a dropped napkin flashed through my mind. If that happened tonight, I might need to be more aware of my neckline. My skin tingled at the touch of the dress's material, a sign that I had achieved my goal of heading home with a little additional color. A touch of my own cologne, and I waited for Bo's appraisal, confident of what it would be.

"Yum," he said, the first time I'd heard that suggestive word.

"Where are you about to take me," I asked, surprising myself with my equally suggestive words.

"I see a good evening ahead of us, Lis. How about where that dress made its debut?"

Low Country Boil and its aromas and taste filled my mind. "It's been a few days, and it's neat to begin and end the same way:"

"I like your thinking...among other things that are very likable."

While we walked together, I held his arm, touching Bo being foreign to me. When he helped me into the car, I was conscious of keeping my back as straight as possible since, at this moment, my bralessness was to be a tease and not a display. Even that had me questioning myself on occasion.

In keeping with the spirit of the evening, none other than Ms. Cutie was our server.

"You're here to torture me with that dress," she said with a laugh.

"Give me your cell number, and I'll send you some info about it if you'd like." It took me a second to figure out why her hand was extended. I found my phone, unlocked it, and handed it to her. When she handed it back, I had Samantha's number.

We enjoyed a relaxed and satisfying dinner, the familiar tastes very delightful. Samantha was attentive and helpful...and I limited myself to two glasses of the very good wine, not sure exactly why, except that I found the subtle buzz very enjoyable.

We left the restaurant and strolled around the plaza for a few minutes, ending at the car.

"Notice where I parked."

"By the drugstore?"

"I noticed a little fidgeting at dinner, and I think my beautiful dinner partner may have gotten a little more sun than she had planned."

I shrugged and flinched. Bo chuckled and unlocked the car.

"Be right back," he said.

When he jumped in the car, he handed me a plastic bag. Neutrogena Sun Rescue, the label on the bottle read. I was sure it would be a soothing balm for my sore skin.

Partway back to our suite and enjoying my very pleasant buzz, a question occurred to me. Who would be applying Sun Rescue to my tender skin? My heart began to pound, and I was trembling ever so slightly. With all of the thoughts and emotions tumbling around randomly in my body, it was difficult to think coherently.

"Give me your hand and climb out carefully. Women's screams freak me out."

I laughed. "I'm not quite to that point yet."

We made our way upstairs, and when our door closed, Bo said, "Surprise. I picked this up in Savannah."

"Bo, you're not even being subtle," I said, eying the bottle of wine.

"Lis, I think you're overestimating my intentions."

"I carefully limit myself to two glasses at the restaurant, and once we're home, you tempt me with more wine."

"I guess the test will be whether you have a glass...or two here."

I decided that could wait a while, even though I knew any resistance I might have was futile. Meanwhile, I was still holding the bottle of aloe. I decided that maybe the two bottles were tied together.

"You win, and I lose. Pour a couple of glasses."

The smile on Bo's face as he poured the wine was priceless.

I was nearly finished with my glass of wine, my buzz reinvigorated, when Bo smiled at me.

"We need to take care of that sunburn," he said quietly.

His using "we" hinted at what he had in mind. Was I ready for that? I think he was reading my mind, although my facial expression probably gave me away.

"Lis, I'll apply the lotion, but you'll have to trust me."

"What in the history between us would make you think I should trust you?" I hoped he couldn't see my smile.

"Some of the many things I've said to you today. I prayed you'd sense my sincerity."

Rather than reply to that, I said, "Maybe another glass of wine."

As he poured, he said, "Thank you, Lis. You won't be disappointed."

Halfway finished with my glass, and amazed at Bo's patience, I said, "Ready to start on the sunburn?"

"Ready. Why don't you lie on the couch."

I giggled. "The floor might be easier." I lay down on my stomach.

"You direct me," Bo said, an eager grin on his face.

"Lower the zipper all the way."

He did.

"Now close your eyes."

I hoped he did. I raised up and pushed the dress down to just below my waist, then lay flat again.

"Go to work." I could feel the cool air against the hot skin on my back.

I heard a small squirting sound, then felt Bo's hands gently spreading something cool and soothing around my back."

Would you state your name, please?"

What? I thought. "Lisbet Waterfield."

"Oh, good. I was afraid I was dreaming, and this isn't you."

"It's me, and don't stop. It feels wonderful." It did, but with my head turned to one side, when I opened my eyes, the bulge of my boob was very obvious, as I'm sure it was to Bo as well.

"Ready for your legs. You want to roll up the dress?"

I could do that, but I didn't want to take a chance of getting the lotion on the dress. I was feeling relaxed and happy.

"Close your eyes." I raised myself and pulled the dress off. I also finished off the glass of wine. "Ready."

"You said you trust me, and I hope you can. You are a woman with a capital 'W.'"

"Just pretend I'm that obnoxious engineer." He was gently caressing my legs.

"Won't work, Lis. Won't work."

We were silent for several minutes, and I was getting sleepy, probably a result of the wine and Bo's gentle touch.

"Half finished," I heard him say.

I smiled and blithely rolled onto my back, carefree and content.

*****

I awoke with a warm body pressing against my back. I was having trouble relating to that and thought I must be dreaming. But the sound of breathing and the feel of that breath on my neck brought me back to reality.

I was afraid to move but began to smile. It had to be Bo, but why didn't I remember what had happened and why we were here together? We'd be going back home together, but right now, we were in bed together, his arm around my waist. I began rubbing his arm, the feel of the hair there foreign to me.

"Hi," a voice behind me whispered.

"Hi, yourself. Before either of us moves, may I ask a couple of questions?"

"Before you do that, why don't you let me just talk to you for a while?"

"Fair enough." I felt his arm squeeze my waist.

"You had four glasses of wine last night. A little spread apart, but still four. I was surprised when you took off the dress so I could put the lotion on your legs, but I understood your passion for order and the safety of that dress."

I chuckled.

"Then you just rolled over onto your back."

I shivered as I vaguely remembered that.

"When I said something to you again, there was no response. You were sound asleep. So I finished with the lotion, carried you to bed, and, unable to stop myself, crawled in with you. Now, let me say that, during all of the lotion application, I only touched you in places that were sunburned. I hope you believe me."

I knew that when he paused, he was waiting for my answer. If he had touched other places, and I said that I believed him, that would be one thing. If he hadn't, and I said I didn't believe him, that would be cruel. There was only one answer, but I truly believed it was the right answer.

"Silly question, Bo. Of course, I believe you."

I felt him kissing my back. Once, twice, and once more.

"Thank you," he said softly.

I discreetly moved my hand, searching. Yes, my panties, tiny as they were, were still in place. I reached behind me to touch Bo. He had on underwear too, but he flinched.

"What, you can't stand me touching you?' I asked coyly.

"How about you?" he said, running his fingers along my ribs.

Of course, I squealed and jerked.

"Oh, a little ticklish. The nerd engineer is ticklish." His fingers were in motion, and I was

struggling to get a dig at his ribs. This continued for thirty seconds, me squealing and Bo grunting as I found some of his special spots. When we both moved at the same time, his tickling hand was on my breast. He moved it quickly.

"I might be ticklish there too."

"Lis?"

"I might be."

His hand closed gently on one breast, then squeezed and began caressing.

"Lis, are you--?"

"--Who suggested I might be ticklish?"

That was all he needed, and I found I wasn't ticklish at all there, but there were other much more pleasant sensations associated with Bo's touch. My body was heating, and not from the sunburn. When he tugged gently on the nipple, I knew I wanted more.

I rolled over to face him, seeing a Bo that I had never imagined but one I wanted now more than anything. His eyes were searching my face, and his lips were right in front of me, only inches away. We both moved, our lips touching, then our tongues. Kissing Bo Swenson? It was something I had never imagined and never had a reason to imagine. Today was different, and I was indulging myself in it.

"Lis," he mumbled when our mouths parted for an instant.

"Is this a dream, Bo?" His hand slid down my back and under the waistband of my panties, squeezing my already once-squeezed left cheek.

"I hope not because I've never been happier. Did you hear that? I'm in bed with a near-naked Lisbet Waterfield, and I've never been happier."

I needed to take care of the near-naked that he mentioned.

"Pull them off," I murmured.

"That's your last line of defense, Lis. If they come off..."

"There's nothing I want to defend right now."

They were off almost before I could lift my hips to help him.

I wasn't a virgin, as college had been a time of experimenting and learning. This was different, and I knew it.

"What color is that wonderful fuzz I'm feeling?" he asked, giving me a sweet but almost demanding kiss.

"I'm not sure I can describe it. You'd better look for yourself." I'd told him to look, but I knew there would be a lot more than looking taking place.

The covers were tossed back, and Bo was poised over me.

"It's dark, like your hair, and say no if you want me to stop," he said, once more holding my eyes with his.

"'No' is not in my vocabulary today."

Almost before I finished those words, I felt his finger parting me, alerting me that it was about to probe, exactly the thing I was hoping would happen.

"You're so wet, babe," he said as the finger was quickly buried inside me.

"Babe?" I gasped.

"You're going to hear that a lot more now. And is this okay?"

I knew that two or three fingers were now probing, withdrawing, and then probing again.

"I want more," I was barely able to get out.

My eyes were closed, and I didn't see him lowering his head but felt his tongue parting me, then finding that nerve-saturated nub.

"Oh, God, Bo. Don't stop. Please."

The fingers, the tongue, and then the lips. More sensations than I could manage. My hips lifted when the spasms began, and the loud and uncontrollable moans followed until, at last, I settled onto the bed.

"I could get used to watching that happen," Bo said, his finger touching that nub very softly. When the finger moved, I flinched and moaned once more.

"I'm counting on it happening more, maybe on your desk if you have blinds on the windows."

"Don't even make me think like that. On the desk? Shit, I don't think Radley will go for blinds. Maybe on the rug behind the desk. Or in the kneehole?"

Bo was squatting on his knees between my legs, and I had my eyes on that big long thing that would be touching my belly if it wasn't so stiff.

I smiled and giggled. "Do you think I'm ready?"

"Oh, yeah," he said, glancing down at the dark fuzz of my muff. "But I'm not."

With wide eyes, I watched him climb off the bed and head for his suitcase, the realization of what was happening suddenly dawning. He was quickly back.

"Come closer," I said, beckoning.

He straddled me and moved slowly until his knees were at my armpits.

"Lis?" he questioned.

"You didn't argue with me, so I think you know what's going to happen." His eyes slowly closed.

So far, I had only looked but hadn't touched...hadn't really had the opportunity to touch. When I lifted my head, it was still out of reach, but not by much. I looped my arm over his leg and took hold.

"Oh, shit," he grunted.

It was throbbing, heavily veined, and hot. It had been seven or maybe eight years since I'd seen a cock, particularly one this close. I used my other hand to spread the drop of slippery liquid that had formed on the very tip so that it covered the whole head, glistening in the low light from the windows. When I pulled it a little lower, Bo's eyes opened.

"Lis, are you going to...?"

I did. "Just getting you ready," I said after a few moments, the entire front half of his cock now glistening. He extended his hand with the small packet, and I took it. He watched intently as I tore it open, took out the condom, and slowly unrolled it until he was securely sheathed.

The next few minutes had to be slices of heaven. Being filled again, and this time by Bo Swenson, was nearly overwhelming. And that I wanted to be filled by him only drove the excitement orders of magnitude higher. I watched his face until he stilled, and I could feel each of his spasms and hear each groan until he suddenly fell forward, his loud breathing right beside my ear.

After long and peaceful moments, he said softly, "Tell me your name one more time."

"It's amazing, isn't it?"

"Amazing doesn't begin to describe it. It's like a fairy tale. Once upon a time, and they lived happily ever after. Little Red Riding Hood and the wolf. I don't know what else."

"Let's take a shower...together, then get breakfast, and finally head for Savannah."

"You engineers are so practical."

"Not totally. What time do we get home?"

"Seven-thirty, I think. Lis, are you thinking what I hope you're thinking and what I've just begun to think?"

"We can flip for where to spend the night. Plus, we'll need to discuss tomorrow."

"I'm sure your place is cleaner than mine. I don't want to take any chances on you getting a bad impression and deciding, maybe..."

"We'll just have to see, I guess."

As we stood and headed for the shower, I had a good full-body view of Bo. Some of what I was seeing, I'd known about before. It was clear that he had good genes and took good care of himself. Apparently, he was looking at me as well.

"You don't look nearly as red today."

"Nope. It's all good. I'm not sure I really needed that aloe rub last night."

A huge laugh from Bo. "Maybe you didn't, but when I thought about it, I needed it. I needed it badly. It's amazing to me that you don't seem to have any concept of what a fantastic body you have."

"I guess I just wanted to be an engineer and a good one, and how my body looked was incidental and not that important."

The shower was very satisfying and a bit stimulating as well, with each of us washing, caressing, and looking at the other's body.

"Is this better than the romance stories and books you've read?" I asked, poking him in the ribs.

"I thought maybe you'd forgotten about that. I guess we are a kind of unique story."

"You'll have to write it down and submit it sometime."

"Only if I can have photos to illustrate the very best parts."

I laughed. "No photos."

"There needs to be one."

"Bo?"

"A nude of you printed out so I can go online and compare you to models and maybe even some porn babes to show you that you're as beautiful and shapely as any of them."

No one had ever talked to me like that, not even the college guys trying to get into my pants. My brain kept telling me not to believe it, but the look in his eyes and on his face said I had to believe it. A nude picture bothered me...but maybe?

We'd spent too much time dawdling in bed (It was anything but dawdling) to go to the shops along the river, so we turned in the car, grabbed something to eat at the airport, and then just sat and talked, waiting for our plane. It was entertaining, though, as Bo kept whispering to me what he planned to do with me when we were home. I was an oversexed mess by the time we boarded the plane.

We decided not to tell anyone at work what had happened, and we would continue to snipe at each other as we'd always done. Eventually, they'd find out, but maybe it would be when we made the formal announcement.

Since we each had driven to the airport, we went our separate ways, me to clean and have a bottle of wine at the ready, Bo to gather some clothes before coming to my house. Future plans were still up for discussion, but moving in together so soon might be awkward. That wouldn't keep us from spending lots of time together. The incongruity of Bo Swenson and Lisbet Waterfield becoming friends and lovers was still a little hard to comprehend.

I heard Bo pull into my driveway and went outside to meet him. He stepped out of his car and looked around.

"Strange car in the driveway and a guy getting out of it with a suitcase?" He looked at me for guidance.

"The code is 1995. Just pull in beside mine and come on in."

I had planned an evening of wine, maybe even popcorn, while we watched a movie and had some serious discussion about our future. But when he came through the door from the garage with his suitcase, I was already naked.

It was forty-five minutes later than my plan came to fruition.

Epilogue:

We were successful in keeping our secret at work for nearly three weeks. We griped at each other consistently, received condolences from our coworkers, and only Aimee's spotting Bo wink at me after one exchange gave things away.

She confronted me about it, and I shared the story with her. Of course, she didn't believe me. It wasn't until one night, after work, when all the others had left, that I dragged her with me to Bo's office, and she watched us kiss, that she accepted the reality of what was going on.