Life in the Fast Lane

Story Info
Kayla meets an honorable LA lawyer; she cannot resist him.
7.8k words
4.49
4.3k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(Everything All the Time)

Copyright © 2021, 2023 by OmegaPet-58

Chapter 1: Running on Fumes

Kayla was 23 years old, and still lived with her parents in the "Southland" (a.k.a., Southern California). This was not by choice; ever since she finished college, rents and home prices were exceedingly high. She chafed at the restrictions her well-meaning mother imposed on her. As far as she could tell, Kayla's restrictions at 23 were not much different than when she was 16 and in high school.

Along with accounting for her daily activities and schedule, Kayla also had her clothing and appearance strictly controlled. Not just by her parents but also by her primary job: she shuttled contracts and other legal documents from office to office, or to the courthouse. She also was a mobile notary, particularly busy with mortgage refinancing. Usually she would bring an enormous stack of paperwork decorated with "SIGN HERE >" plastic flags to a home for both borrowers to sign and/or initial. Over and over and over again.

Her secondary job was a side hustle delivering fast food or restaurant meals for a ride-hailing company. The money was kind of terrible, and her business clothes picked up odors. Between the dry cleaning and gasoline costs, she was convinced this food delivery gig was a complete waste of time.

More importantly, her social life was nil. In college she was known as a friendly and exciting young woman. She never lacked for dates, and enjoyed a few longer-term relationships. As a student, Kayla was secure in her looks. She was tall, trim, and athletic, with very dark brown eyes and short curly black hair. Her skin was a rich dark chocolate color.

Every week that passed saw Kayla more and more dispirited. She felt disconnected from life, and resentful of her parents control over her. The food delivery work was ruining her appetite, to the point she was visibly drawn and weak. Kayla was more and more existing on the drive-through window at Starbucks.

There was a breaking point ahead, to be sure. And she had no idea how to avoid losing her shit.

Chapter 2: Must Be a Coincidence

It was a blistering day in Los Angeles as Kayla made her pickups and deliveries. At one point she was given a collection of legal papers so thick they were in a box instead of an envelope. The delivery address was to a specific office on N. Figueroa St., so she returned to her stifling car and got under way. Maddeningly, the air conditioning had failed several days ago, so there was no respite from the baking heat.

Arriving at the complex on Figueroa, Kayla wiped her face and grabbed the box. She could feel the sweat dripping between her breasts, soaking her pits, and unpleasantly wetting her panties.

Walking into the right office, Kayla met a good-looking man answering to the name on the address label. He grabbed a pen, signed, and tore away the delivery receipt. But when he looked up to hand her the slip, he was alarmed to see her sagging towards the floor. In a flash, he had his arms under her knees and shoulders, and he gently placed her on the nearby sofa.

As a child, Arsênio Teixeira had emigrated from Brazil. His parents had nurtured his abilities in both Portuguese and English, and after seven years of university he passed the California Bar Exam on his first try. He was working alone that day, which is why he had answered the office door himself.

When he was sure that she was secure on the couch, he quickly strode into the back room and returned with a generous plastic tumbler of ice water. By then, Kayla, was moving to sit herself up.

"Easy, easy. OK. Here, take little sips. Good. I think the heat got to you. It's just awful today.

"Oof! I'm so sorry, this is embarrassing. Thank you for the water." She took a few minutes to collect herself. "Could I have some more? But then I have to go."

"Of course, and take the cup with you." "That's kind of you. I don't want to free on the faint-way; wait, that's not right!"

"Are you sure you're OK to drive?" "Yeah, I have to go to my second job." "OK, well, here's your receipt, now take care."

He escorted her out.

Back in her car, Kayla polished off the last of the ice water and moved out into traffic. She was pleased to see that the winds had reversed, and clouds were moving in off the ocean. The temperatures always fell quickly when the near sea-level cloud bank pushed inland.

She opened her phone app to begin her list of food deliveries.

Two hours later, she was bringing her last box to an address in the Brentwood section of L.A. The home was rather small for the neighborhood but well-kept. When the door swung open she was shocked: it was Arsênio Teixeira again! "I don't believe it!" she exclaimed.

He had a huge smile. "Come in! Please sit down. Are you feeling better? Here, let me take that. Would you like a cold drink?"

Kayla sat at his kitchen counter, shaking her head. "I am Arsênio Teixeira. My friends call me Nio. Tell me, please, what is your name?" "Nio, my name is Kayla Wilson, and I am very pleased to meet you--again! Once more, please sign your delivery receipt, and I will be leaving you to your dinner."

"Have I offended you, Kayla?" asked Nio. "No, why do you ask?" "Because I insist on escorting you out tonight for dinner and dancing."

"But, Nio, why? I'm just a delivery agent; and you're obviously a prosperous lawyer. Plus, to be totally honest, I've been sweating all day. I would wilt the flowers at our table!"

"Kayla, holding you in my arms today is the most fun I've had all week. Trust me, please. You and my sister are about the same size and shape, and she left plenty of nice clothes in my second bedroom's closet. Also, soap, shampoo, and some extra cosmetics--all unused. If you go get yourself ready, I promise you a first class night on the town!"

She couldn't say no, and moved upstairs. She closed the door and called home. "Dad? Yeah, it's Kayla. I met this nice man and he's taking me for dinner and dancing. Yes, I'm think I'm going to spend the night here with him. It's likely, yes. It's ### S. Westgate in Brentwood. Thanks, Dad, I love you. I'll see you tomorrow."

Turning off the phone, she stripped off and enjoyed a hot shower and washed and dried her hair. In the closet she found a sleek dress in rich scarlet color. Clean and dressed, she returned to the living room.

"Whoa, I need to step up my game! What kind of meal would you like, Kayla?" "Actually, I'm kind of a carnivore. Know a good place for meats?" "Absolutely! A true son of Brazil such as myself must take you to the finest Churrascaria. There's one I like over on W. 7th St. You're going to really enjoy it."

"Please, let's go. Just the sound of it makes my mouth water."

Chapter 3: Meaty Goodness

"So, Nio, please tell me about yourself. How does a handsome young man from Brazil become a blood-sucking lawyer in L.A.?" "To be clear, Kayla, I prefer my meat fully cooked, not bloody. May I order for you?" "Certainly."

"My parents were well-educated, but in their area of Brazil good jobs were hard to come by. Those that did find work had to pay high kick-backs to the local politicians. So they decided to pack up and emigrate to California with their teen-aged son. That would be me, of course. My mama found work as an ESL teacher--that's English as a Second Language--and my papa is finishing an engineering career with the L.A. Department of Water and Power."

Nio interrupted himself to order their drinks and entrées. "In my high school years I was steered toward college with a pre-law major. And my grades and test scores landed me in good schools and with enough scholarship money to finish my law degree in three years. I passed the bar exam eight years ago; so I've had enough time to build up a practice. But, please, tell me why you're schlepping papers and meals around when you could be making bank as a model?"

Kayla laughed out loud. "A model? The heat's getting to you, too, I see. Or did your school have a class on sappy pick-up lines? Lucky for you this food is so damn delicious."

Kayla leaned back and patted her midsection. "I'm glad this dress isn't too snug for me. Beyond the food, I like to be comfortable when I'm dancing. You said we were going dancing, right?"

"My dear, have you heard of Brazil's Carnaval?" (Nio pronounced it with a flat "a" sound, like "father's pal.") "It's the largest party in the world with millions of Brasileiros dancing the samba in the streets, wearing the skimpiest yet highly elaborate costumes. It would be a stain on my honor to skip dancing with you tonight. I will help you relax and enjoy yourself!"

Back in his car, Nio said, "Let's stop by my office for a 10-minute coaching session. That's all we need. Then we'll go on to the club where I can show you off properly."

At his office, the rug was rolled away so they could dance on the hardwoods. "I'm going to stand behind you and hold your hips. Take a step backwards and bounce twice on that back foot, then put your feet back together. Then do the same with the other foot. Just keep doing that in rhythm until it feels automatic."

"That's it?" "Yes, you're a natural. I'm coming around to your front. Keep your eyes on me. When you want, you can move around by placing your feet differently. But keep your weight on your back foot. Very good."

"You're ready! I'm going to put on some music, and we will dance together, OK?" "Sure, this is fun!"

Chapter 4: Club Bahia

Back in the car, Nio commented, "I'm not that good a teacher, Kayla, you learned samba really quickly!" "OK, I confess. There are two reasons. One, I did a lot of dancing and had lessons when I was in college. Two, I thought if I wagged my ass enough in you line of sight you would invite me to spend the night. Did it work?"

"Ahh, don't do that when I'm driving! I'll go through a red light while picturing your beautiful bottom. Not to mention I'll get hard in these pants which don't hide anything. Oh, no, did I say that out loud?"

"Hah! I thought lawyers were careful when speaking."

"Good thing we're here." The valet opened her door and then took the keys from Nio. Inside the club the music was thumping, and the lighting was dim. They found a small table and Nio leaned in: "I don't drink and drive, but can I order you a Brazilian cocktail?"

The server brought him a Coca-Cola and a caipirinha for Kayla. "Be cautious, it's sweet and is made with limes, but it has a lot of alcohol. When we dance, I want you to wiggle, not wobble."

Ninety minutes later. "Nio, I'm through dancing for tonight. Samba is my new favorite way to dance, and then we did Bossa Nova. You were right, that caipirinha surprised me. Let's go back to your house and let me get these shoes off. Have I met your expectations?" "No, you blew right through them. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun on a date."

"My friend, our date has hardly even started. I'm going to show you some of my movements. So hold onto your butt, no, I'll hold it. Let's go find that valet."

Kayla was tickled to notice her date had risen first and offered his hand to help her out from the table. Back at the car, she noted with approval that the valet pocketed a $20 tip. "Nothing worse than a cheap-ass," she thought.

On the road, she was curious. "What is this thing I'm riding in?" "It's an Audi A5. It meets my needs and it's pretty safe." "I like the leather and the mighty a/c. Give me a minute. Ahh, that's better."

Kayla had hiked up her dress and nestled into her seat. "Very nice. Way better than my feeble old car, which no longer has working a/c. That's why I was fainting at your office." "I'm sorry for your discomfort, Kayla, but having you in my arms was a thrill I haven't gotten over. Will you stay with me tonight?"

"I thought you'd never ask!"

Chapter 5: Blame It on the Bossa Nova

At Nio's house, Kayla entered first. Nio kicked the door shut and pulled her into a deep kiss. Feeling audacious, he poked his tongue into her mouth for a more intimate taste. She laughed, "Hang on, Tiger. Let's get comfortable."

They kicked away their shoes, then Nio threw off his coat and tie, leaving them piled in an armchair. Kayla pulled the slinky dress over her head and added it to the chair, leaving her in panties only. That was all the prompting he needed, his pants went in the chair, his shirt followed. When he was done, he stood in only his boxers, and they were back in each other's arms. "You are so beautiful! I love your soft skin and those exquisite breasts."

"All for you, Nio. Will you take me to your bed? I am so hot for you." After climbing the stairs, she opened the door. Opposite, a large mirror reflected them. "Tee-hee! Feeling free, stud?"

He looked down to see his cock had sprung free through the fly in his boxers. "My dear, I followed you up the stairs, your bodacious behind right in front of my eager eyes. I am simply paying you a richly deserved compliment. Please, get up on my bed so I can pleasure you."

Kayla could hardly wait. She drug down her panties and lay back on the bedspread. He positioned himself and began teasing and licking her pussy. Her mound was covered with close-cropped hair in tight curls, in an effort to stay cool. Like many Black women, the interior space between her dark lips was pink, and getting wetter by the second.

"Hey! Brazil boy! Get up here and kiss my face. I'm on birth control. Give me that hard cock. Now!" Another frenzy of kissing and licking ensued. Kayla didn't mind her own taste, neither did Nio. He positioned his cock at her entrance and began pushing his way inside. "Ahh, so good, give me all of him."

As they both had gone through a long dry spell, it wasn't long before Kayla enjoyed a huge orgasm, followed by Nio flooding her puss with sticky white come. Not trusting his arms, he shifted over and settled on his side to collect himself.

Kayla was already sleeping her long hot day, alcohol, and dancing caught up to her after her thundering climax. As Nio came to his senses, he noticed his new partner was totally out, a slight smile on her lips. "I think she liked it!" He pulled the top sheet over their bodies and settled in for the night.

Chapter 6: Negative Ions

Kayla began to stir around 9 a.m. There was a delicious smell of brewing coffee and a robe laid out on the bed. She sat up on the edge of the bed (slowly!), then grabbed the robe and padded into the bathroom for a pee and a hot shower.

Out in the kitchen she found Nio fussing over the stove. "Hey, sweetie, have a good sleep?" "You know I did. How long have you been awake?"

"A few hours; I bought food, took all the clothes to the dry cleaners, and then left your car with my mechanic to get your a/c repaired."

"What? Nio, I can't afford to fix that car right now!" "It's my treat, Kayla, I want so badly to spoil you. Last night was glorious. Now, please, let's have a nice breakfast and plan the rest of our Saturday together."

"Alright, wise guy. I'm too hungry to argue with you now. Let's eat!" Nio had plated scrambled eggs and sausage for them, with mugs of fresh coffee and small cups of orange juice.

Kayla finished her breakfast with a satisfied grunt and pushed away from the table. "That really hit the spot, Nio, thank you. Now what can I do for you?" "You can watch me clean up; I'm Mr. Tidy!"

"No way in hell, Nio, you can watch me!" She draped her robe over the back of her chair and brought the dishes to the sink. By the time she was done, he was fully erect and panting. Scrubbing the pans had caused thrilling movements in her various parts. "I should have dirtied more dishes!" he thought.

"Sweetie: let's go over to Santa Monica while we wait for your car. It will be cooler by the ocean; we can walk the beach and enjoy the negative ions." "Ions?"

"Don't worry, Kayla, ions are your friends. I'll show you when we get down there. Just go look for a swimsuit and comfortable clothes in Janaína's room." "Your sister has a beautiful name. Won't she mind that I'm using her clothes?"

"Kayla, my sister is working up north near San Francisco. Janaína's clothes here are for when she visits me. Please, go get ready and we'll lock up and go." Nio gathered together a small pack with water and sunblock. He wore a Dodgers cap, a "Rio 2016 Olympics" T-shirt, shorts, and sandals.

In Nio's car, Kayla made herself comfortable and pulled out her phone. "Hi, Dad. Yeah, I did. Yeah, he did. He made me breakfast, too. We're going to the beach in his Audi while my car is getting fixed. Audi, Dad, A-U-D-I; it's a German luxury car. He's a lawyer, that's how. I know, don't worry. What are you telling Mom? I see. Yeah, I'll be home tomorrow for Sunday dinner. We can talk more then. Thanks, Dad, love you! Bye."

"Sounds like your father is a good guy" observed Nio. "So what's the deal with your mama?" "The truth is, my mother thinks I should be a virgin on my wedding night. Then I should have four of her grandchildren in the next three years for her to spoil. She doesn't understand how I finished college without an MRS degree."

"MRS? Oh, I get it. What was your major?" "I doubled, English and Communications. I'm actually an excellent editor/proofreader. I can also keyboard like a crazed weasel."

"Crazed weasel? Good thing you're dating a lawyer!" remarked Nio. "Let's find a parking space and hit the sand. The car says it's already 78° so you should be OK in the swimsuit."

"Let's put your stuff in my bag. I have a waterproof baggie for my Audi keys and wallet. It's a beautiful day. Let's walk!"

"Now, sweetie, time for science class. When water moves through the air, it adds and subtracts electrons from the oxygen atoms. The negatively-charged atoms fly around and interact with the body in several ways, all of them good. Waterfalls, beaches, rain, and showering all work this way. See how you feel in ten minutes."

They continued walking, companionably. "So, 'Doctor' Tex--oops, 'Teshierra'--what kind of lawyer are you. Is it just a lot of hot damp air?"

"Kayla, you wound me! I actually specialize in two areas: family law and torts." He held up his hand. "Before you ask, torts are non-criminal wrongs. Torts are actions or failures that cause injury or loss. It includes product liability and negligence."

"To be clear, my tort practice subsidizes my family law work. I try to do custody and divorce cases on a sliding fee scale, and sometimes for just a token amount. I represented one girl for two dollars to get her away from her rapist father and abusive mother."

"Nio, you can't expect me to believe that."

"No, Kayla, I'll give you her name and number. Sheila is 22 now and married. And there's four other women who I've helped in similar situations who can also vouch for me. With new clients, who are naturally distrustful of men, I ask these women to help out."

Chapter 7: Legal Economics

"Nio, how can you live so well on two dollar retainers?"

"Well, like I say, the tort claims are the moneymakers. You know about 'Vans,' the shoe company, and 'Vons,' the grocery store? Well, there used to be a wine warehouse called 'Vins.' Now, one day a Vins cube truck was delivering cases of wine to a chain warehouse in Pomona. To save money, they had overloaded the truck by 25%. And, they hadn't put down wheel chocks to prevent a runaway. So, predictably, the Vins truck rolled away downhill and just about flattened a preschool at the bottom."

Kayla had her eyes wide and her hand covering her mouth, horrified.

"So, in a huge stroke of luck, the kids were having recess in the back yard. Only one fatality: an aide caught inside the building. Wine was sloshing everywhere, and several of the moms fainted when they reached the scene. The kids were already frightened out of their minds and completely hysterical until and after their parents arrived."