Life in the Fast Lane

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nio was working 11-hour days, and Kayla was right there with him. Of course, they were back to using "Nio" and "Kayla" with each other.

On a Thursday during lunch, Kayla had a request: "Nio, I want you to come to dinner with me tomorrow night. My parents want to meet you, and my Mom is a great cook. Please?"

Nio was hesitant. He was very fond of Kayla, and he didn't want a repeat of her previous blow‑up. "I guess I can come. Your parents aren't going to grill me as your boyfriend?"

"My Dad knows about that Saturday night, but not Mom. They will speak to you as my employer."

"Alright. Should I bring something? Some wine?"

"Sure. So here's the address and please come at 7."

Chapter 13: Not Very Religious

"Maybe not the boyfriend, but I want to make a good impression" Nio told himself. He was wearing one of his better suits when he appeared at the Wilson's. In his hand was a $45 bottle of California Chenin Blanc.

Kayla answered the door and brought him to the living room. Her parents stood as she introduced them. "These are my parents: Dorothy and Duane Wilson. This is my boss, and good friend, Arsênio Teixeira, everybody calls him Nio."

Everyone sat down for a few minutes of conversation. Nio gave a brief biography explaining his progression from a boy in Brazil to an American lawyer. He also explained how Kayla had fully integrated into his legal practice. "You should be proud of Kayla; she has easily handled everything I have thrown at her and quickly mastered the essentials of her job. I hope she doesn't leave me, but she could get another job in a legal office easily now."

Dorothy directed them all to the table, and Duane said, "Let us pray. Lord we thank thee for thy blessings and for the nourishment we enjoy today. We ask your blessing on us and on our guest this evening, in Jesus' name, Amen."

Nio replied, "Thank you. I confess I'm not very religious. I suppose you know about our lawsuit against [CST, he used their full name]."

"As far as I am concerned, there's nothing religious about those clowns. But," Duane continued, "Kayla has been tight-lipped about that. Is there more you can tell us?"

"That's one of the things that makes Kayla great, she doesn't gossip or leak information, even when it would be harmless. I can tell you more, but please keep the information between us. You want to stay totally away from CST, for your own sake."

Nio went on to give a summary of their reasons for the lawsuit and what they were doing to keep Jo and Carlie secure.

Kayla could tell her father was infuriated. "How can CST masquerade as a church? They're a bunch of thugs! That poor woman, and her daughter. I wish I could help."

Dorothy interjected, "Kayla, you know the Dawsons. Do you think they would mind if I paid them a visit?"

"I don't think they'd mind, Mom, but let me check with them first, OK?"

Finally, Nio pushed away from the table. "Dorothy, what a fantastic meal, I am in your debt. I hope you are reassured about your daughter working with me."

Duane smiled, "You're a good man, Nio, I have no doubts. If you can take down those evil CST people, more the better. But if you win, and you collect, you better give my girl a big raise!"

"You can count on that." Duane and Nio shook hands. "Until we meet again, Dorothy. Kayla, I'll see you Monday morning. I'll show myself out."

Kayla jumped up, "Wait. Thanks for coming, Nio. We'll do this again, sometime." She kissed him on the cheek and then walked him to the front door. "Bye, now."

Nio smiled all the way to his car.

-- The End. --