All Comments on 'Life Is Better Than Fiction'

by TexasFarmBoy

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

I have difficulty saying that under the circumstances of the story line it was probably okay to make love before her divorce was final. I liked the story as such. Good writing, Tejas. Cheers!

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Why do people get more hung up on people dating outside of an existing marriage than they do over DATING A STUDENT? There's a serious power imbalance issue there, in addition to running afoul of professional ethics and, probably, university policy.

Also? Holy way too fast, Batman. Just straight up moving in together after maybe 4 dates?

Reindeer58Reindeer58over 9 years ago
Well written

Nice flow, albeit a rather quick match up. I wish you'd speak your dialog out loud and realize that it's sometime rather stilted. People rarely speak in grammatically correct sentences. You're rather than you are, we're going rather than we are going, etc. You're an accomplished story teller and I admire your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story but

Great story but try writing dialog that uses contractions. When people talk they don't use correct grammar, so when you try to write dialog with correct grammar it sounds stilted. But overall good job.

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
belaboring morality...on a porn site?

Now I've certainly earned my bad reputation for gleefully harrowing the dead language of academic english.

However, for this particular story, as written by TexasFarmBoy, the two main characters of Bob and Phyll dialogue. I personally know people, who are upper-middle class, educated, academics and lawyers, who do talk grammatically correct, in Real Life.

Perhaps the other commentators need to associate with someone besides their small circle of barfly acquaintances?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Excellent story with believable characters. Notwithstanding the earlier comments, there are a few folks out there who make an effort to speak properly ....

Thanks for the entertainment

DawnJDawnJover 8 years ago
*smh*

I echo the sentiments of your other commenters, except for the (predictably) anonymous detractor who couldn't find anything constructively negative to say, so ended up making a fool of him/herself with that inane comment about contractions. I hope you filed that comment in the cyber circular bin.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623about 7 years ago

What a wonderful short story!! My hubby and I had a similar meeting with both of us attending classes at our local college. We both fell in love and since our relationships had been over years before (just going through the motions) we left the exes and made honest people of our loves and got married. I love the way you write. Please keep writing!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Very pleasant. Very predictable. Nice Read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
spelling

Good story. I hope you don't mind me reminding you that the aperitif is Campari.

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisteralmost 6 years ago
In real world he would have been out of a job before the story ended

It's a good thing this is fiction. In today's real world someone would have noticed them having dinner only 20 minutes from the university. And he only lived two blocks away so someone would have certainly noticed them there. At that point he would have been called before some board or panel and fired or severely disciplined.

If she really loved him she should have dropped his class or they should have been MUCH more careful.

Other than that I liked the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not the Real World

Fiction requires the willing suspension of disbelief. Forget about the Real World.

ojalalalaojalalalaover 4 years ago
Hmm...

Closing in on "romance" with a woman in determined pursuit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Watch your pronouns.

The daughter was made partner two years after she was born? Wow! That was fast!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How does one finish law school in a year and a half? Most good law schools are on a strict three year schedule with internships between terms. Some law schools permit dual degrees in business and the law. Still an enjoyable story.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

What a wonderfully written love story, I can't understand why some Anonymous readers just want to criticize an author's work rather just enjoy the authors creative imagination. If an author can write good fictional stories, then why don't just enjoy and if you must criticize then make it constructive. I like this story and my only complaint is that it wasn't longer. Well done 5++ stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story, although the ending seemed rushed.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Super story, but missing at least five paragraphs at the end. Still 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous