All Comments on 'Life is Good Today'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
YornHYornHover 14 years ago
????

Nice little story - but it totally lacked development (characters, thoughts, reasons) - neither did anything to sustain the relationship - was it all just a matter of "trying someone different"? - it read like a newspaper report.

Despite the fact that it could have developed into an engaging story - and wasn't - I did enjoy it.

I love when love triumphs - even when it is just non-realistic romance - guess I'm just an old romantic :-(

lancewmlancewmover 14 years ago
Wonderful little story

Enjoyable read, but did lack character development. Not clear why they gave up on each other so easily..

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Nice Plot

and an interesting introspective monologue, but it all focused on one character. The story was pleasant and enjoyable but could use more dialogue to develop the character of Jackie and perhaps others.

zorillozorilloover 14 years ago
A nice light read

In defernece to Yorn's comments it was a nice easy read. It is always a pleasure to find an author who is not only able to start a story well, but able finish on a high note as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
decent story

though life in mexico seems like it would have had its attractions. what's he going to do when Jackie goes back to John?

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
Boy gets girl--boy loses girl--boy gets girl back

It's an old plot, but it is still a good one. I liked it. However, I prefer some of your other stories better. This one seemed a little clipped--perhaps a little short on details--I'm not sure what. Otherwise, I found it entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
So,

the spoiled brat gets everything back, what's the point? Except for the father the characters did not very much for me. Sorry.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
i gave it a 2star it's a good idea

the part I dont get, she was dating another guy, even though they grew apart, she still was engaged to someone else. He was playing football and love or not, atleast finsh one before you move in to another relationship. so why would he want her back, sometimes love can be bad for hyou in the long run.

AnotherClosetReaderAnotherClosetReaderabout 12 years ago
It's French.

"bid adieu to my friends" not "bid a due to my friends".

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
It never fails

Communicating may not get you what you want BUT

Not communicating will almost never get it for you - grow a pair and speak up.

Nice message.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

as always a good read

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

calflashcalflashabout 8 years ago
Jackie

I really question her character. First she breaks up with Drew because of his commitments to athletics. Then relatively quickly gets engaged to another guy then breaks that off in week! Doesn't sound like she really thought things thru.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good Story

I liked it, mostly. I guess I just have this "thing" about meddling people, be they relatives or friends. It just pisses me off greatly when well-meaning "so they think" people interject their opinion in other people's lives. My parents did it to me about two weeks after I got out of the Marine Corps, after two tours in Vietnam, and many months in the hospital recuperating from Vietnam. It wasn't ugly, I was 500 miles away before they knew I was gone. And we didn't speak to each other for about 5 years. Was I "pouting"? I don't know, I don't like to think so. But whatever the case, a grown man is entitled to fuck his life up however he chooses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What crap!

Jackie wouldn't of dumped him if she still loved him! She would have gone after him. You can't turn your love people off.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 6 years ago
Don’t know

I can’t pin point it, but this story just didn’t trip my trigger.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 6 years ago
Nope

Left a bad, if bland, taste in my mouth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Kind of bullshit story

They love each other. If that is the case then just because they don’t see each other much during football season can’t change that love unless they are cheating on each other. There was no cheating! Army, Navy and Airforce personnel can be away for 6 months or longer and good marriages last that entire time. So this ending is not very exciting to the reader. Jackie stated that she really loved Drew then why would she start dating John (the loser)! If she really loved Drew she would have quit school and got a job near Drew’s university in order to stay close to him.

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
Mustangs, red hair, and song titles

All seem to be sought after by our best authors. The mustangs are very cool, never met a ddg redhead, and song titles are... song titles. This is another classic human story. This is your best category by far. Keep writing and thank you. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Something not quite right. I thought about listing all of Jackie's sins, but suffice to say, she ain't much of a prize, and this ain't much of a love story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree with several others who commented on this. During my service in the German army my girlfriend wasn't able to "go without" for a couple of weeks at a time and dumped me. She also picked a very hurtful way to so, but later on wrote a letter asking me to stay friends. While during the first couple of hours after her "Dear John"- speech I was to stunned to feel anything but devastation and would probably have agreed to anything, I threw her letter away and never contacted her again. I was 20, 21 and probably would have acted differently later in my life, but on the other hand I don't regret much about it.

Back to the story. I think Alita or a girl like her would have been a much better choice as a partner. She was, as far as the story goes, able to live on her own and abstinent while waiting for the right one. That tells you she won't be cheating later on just because you'd be seperated for some time or to scratch some itch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One detail- Hawaii does not have private beaches. It’s in the State constitution.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
2291 Followers
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

SIMILAR Stories