Life Less Lived Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As soon as they arrived arm in arm, the sisters took their new "Mum" into the bedroom for a long 'girls' talk' and admire the engagement ring, while Daniel laughed and took over Ginny's tiny kitchen to prepare the turkey for cooking overnight. He was surprised some twenty minutes' later when Marina appeared behind him and slipped her arms about his middle.

"Hello, sweetheart, what are you doing here?" he asked, "I didn't expect them to release you until the morning."

"I am sure that is what they intended, but I've given them all the lowdown on how we met for starters but decided to save the rest of it for another day. I didn't want to put any sad damper on the mood, not tonight. Not on Christmas Eve."

"Yes, I agree, it would definitely put a damper on the magic of our Christmas. I think we will have to sit down and tell them together in a couple of days ... if you want to, that is?"

"I think so. They will take it in their stride, I believe. You and Penny made such a great job with them, they are lovely girls, I love them both already."

"I know Sophie loves you like a best friend, you are so good with her. I'm sure Ginny and Giles won't be far behind. So why are you standing in here and not relaxing? Not that I'm complaining, but I've got this dinner prep covered."

"Oh, I am sure you have, my darling, but I just want to be with you and do anything I can to help my man prepare our first festive family meal together."

"That is a lovely thought, Marina, I do love you and your thoughts."

They kissed.

"OK, the Brussels are washed and on the drainer, do you want to make a start on trimming them and cross cutting the bases?"

To be continued