All Comments on 'Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Justice'

by hammingbyrd7

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
Landrious1Landrious1over 19 years ago
Truly a remarkable Story!

I love this story. the fact that it ends in peace for the middle east is very nice. The cycle of hate in that region is unfathomable to me and I think it would take an act of God to bring peace there. That aside You tell a wonderful tale worthy of great praise and admiration. My thanks for the gift you have given.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
OUTSTANDING!!!

I'm a big Sci-Fi/Fantasy fan...........this should definitely be published! I just finished reading the whole trilogy! Again, outstanding work!! ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Gould and Clarke with a bit of sex

A bit of Jumper and Rendezvous with Rama all rolled into one. The math made my head hurt - I think I have a few stray gravitons knocked loose in there

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
hats off to you..

i loved the sc-fi part of the story.... but then didn't like the way you made it sound as if all the hate in the world lies only in the middle-east...

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Sci-Fi Heaven

Once again I read spellbound through your pages. I would like to reserve a copy now. Great sci-fi weave tied into present day issues. Loved the story and ending! Love your writing!

MronoMronoover 17 years ago
A Diamond in the rough...

Every so often I find a story on Literotica that just blows me away, the writing style, concept, and story line were incredible! I agree with another poster, if this were in print I would buy pick it up ASAP.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Amazing

Yet another wonderful piece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
gifted

This trilogy, and Kinetic are works of art...

(however, the part where they were testing the jumping ability reminded me a LOT of the book "Jumper", which that horrible movie was based on this year. Watch that people don't think you're plagerizing.)

I also finally have a real image of a tesseract in my mind, thanks to these stories. I've always wondered what one would look like

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
brilliant, your a talented writer

Such a great story and the science sounds plausible!

if you wrote full Novels I would buy it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great imagination displayed,

I eventually gave this top marks for the trilogy because of the level of imagination shown and for the optimistic viewpoint and decency of your protagonists. I had to reign in my own views regarding the Jihadi scum. In reality we will not win by being better morally, or by praying harder than them. I fail to see how a religious problem is solved by resort to more religion. Our problem in Europe is not secularism but rather liberal post colonial guilt.-- UK CYNIC.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Awesome!!!

One of the Best endings i have evar Read. Amazing Story: could easily Be published and Sold As à Short novel!!!! Thanx for the wonderful Read...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Beautyful and Inspiring

I decided that I would only comment at the conclusion of this amazing literary masterpiece. I have read the majority of your most prominent works and am greatly humbled by the depth of expression that is consistanty displayed throughout the full gamut of your stories. Althought this story is shorter than your typical masterpieces I am no less amazed by the stunning quality! This is my fourth time reading this trilogy (I seem to be drawn back every couple of years!) and it has gotten no less entertaining with the passage of time. It is writers like yourself that can produce literary works that truly reflect the human condition and so I emplore you to continue your exploreation into new and unique stories. As for critisms, I can find no fault with your work, althought I wish that I could be of use to you, there is no denying your continuing perfection.

Your devoted reader,

-NB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Thanks

For a great story. This story and Kinetic are two of the best on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Delightful, Insightful, Defining

Tears are running from my eyes from the compassion shared with Mr. Ata. This is how I want to be, not the destroyer.

In my beliefs, we all share mental connections with one another.

The act of killing destroys regions of afterlife for those we love, and for ourselves.

Those minds still living provide the environment that supports the afterlife of everyone who has preceded us, and for ourselves. Their brain matter providing interactive planes of connections.

The Ten Commandments do not make much sense from the needs of God point of view; Gog doesn't need. But re-read the Ten Commandments from the point of view where the minds of the living support our afterlife (see quantum entanglement). Then the Ten Commandments all make sense, and it is a list of how to better develop a place for our souls.

This is a truly inspiring story of significant relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hard to believe

Hard to believe nobody has commented on this wonderful story. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks! PanheadPete

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Where is hammingbyrd7?

This was a really interesting story. Actually, i love all this writer's stories that i've become an ardent fan of all his works. I am just concerned that all his stories are really old. I am wondering why there are no newer entries. Did hammingbyrd pass away? If not, why did he stop writing. I remain a loyal fan.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Cardboard arab-muslims, but otherwise good

I think you should talk to someone from Palestine, or at least a Muslim, to get their perspective if you are going to write about them. Otherwise your characters seem like cutouts of media stereotypes with no real will or personality of their own. Mr. Ata works though, but the population enslaved by Hamas is a little too far from reality (at least as a large proportion of people in the world see it).

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Well written, if a bit schmaltzy and one sided. There are bad actors outside the Middle East, and almost nowhere is it one-sided. Having the heroes that bring peace be Christian Americans while the bad guys were Muslim jihadi and Jewish settlers probably says more about the author than about the actual state of world affairs.

This felt a bit like Captain America fighting the evil Nazis, but with different technology— right down to their studying martial arts so they could kick bad guys to death, rather then simply tesseracting them somehow. It was unnecessarily violent for the story line, too; there was no reason to kill the seventeen outside guards after Cathy was kidnapped, when it would have made a bigger point to leave them alive, to discover that their leaders had somehow been taken out by ghosts.

So, not bad, but neither was it as brilliant as some commenters have implied.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous