Life, Love, and a Career Ch. 04

Story Info
The story of Beth and Kate - Succeeding, Asking, Challenging.
17.5k words
4.76
2.5k
6

Part 3 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 12/15/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Life, Love, and a Career Ch. 04

Succeeding, Asking, Challenge

Written and published By KAD and Cao Kev

A/N In collaboration with and at the request of the original author, we have started this rewrite. As was the original, this is a collaborative story. We reviewed and have considered the previous comments for which we, as well as the original author, are grateful as we would like to create a fresher story. There are some points where it does lull or muddle a bit. We wanted to really bring out the characters for a deeper understanding. We seek and thank you for your understanding as we try, please enjoy.

September '86

As the morning sun brightened the bedroom, I opened my eyes and gazed upon the beauty that lay next to me. She was my love, the joy in my soul, the meaning of my life and the only one I would ever want to be with and this morning, I was going to ensure she was absolutely aware of that.

I kissed her lips and her cheek whispering to her, "Babe the shower awaits you. You take longer than I do." Kate didn't move. I reached up and placed my hand on her cheek, "Baby please, baby... kiss....let's not even tempt fate and think about being late this morning." I continued raining kisses down onto her.

In a voice just above a mumble, "Beth, it's Sunday, Labor Day weekend, we don't have to hurry. It's just breakfast with Frances and Chelle."

Then she rolled towards me, her naked body pressing against me. The felt her nipple pressing against my breast, the other hardening against my side, warmed my pussy quickly.

Kate moved up and kissed my cheek. "Let me show you, Miss, just how wonderful being late for breakfast can be."

She kissed her way down my chest stopping at my left breast, covering my nipple with her lips, sucking and tugging on it with her teeth, pulling gently. Her fingers gently touching my right breast, teasing my nipple.

My hands grasp her raven hair, now cut much shorter than before. A similar style to Princess Di's but longer. Releasing my nipple, she continued kissing my skin, making me crawl with desire. Then licking my closely trimmed mons, her nose teasing my fur as her tongue licked and teased my clit. Then with her lips sucking and kissing the hood covering my clit.

"Mmm Miss" Kate breathed on my skin.

I arched my back, thrusted my hips upward, opened my legs and wrapped them softly around her, resting my ankles and feet on her back. My hands held her head in place, my fingers wrapped in her hair. And with the passion that she holds deep in her soul, mind and heart, Beth pleasured me.

Slowly inserting one, then two of her fingers into my velvet tunnel my baby continued to please taking to the edge then backing down then ramping me up again.

"Stop it!" I screamed! "Damn you Kate just fuck me!" I pleaded.

Slowly yet at the same teasing pace, Kate moved her fingers in and out. In unison with her tongue, she made love to me purring all the while.

"OH NO!" I screamed as I felt it. "Baby"

Suddenly, I gasped and felt it approaching. Like a morning train in rush hour traffic, it crawled but sped up with the intensity I knew too well.I felt a rush of pleasure overtake me. Releasing her hair, I pinched and lightly tugged my nipples, intensifying the rush of pleasure.

It was an amazing feeling that started from deep in my stomach and flowed downward. Sucking harder on my clit, she rotated her hand opening her palm then pressing her two middle fingers forward, deeper, then up searching and of course finding the course pad of my g-spot.

"Yes, baby, yes Kate, you are my world."

Then with a wave of pleasure like no other my vision blurred, I started seeing bright white sparkles in front of me. I started to tremble, my body starting to shake. I clamped my legs around her. I reached the ultimate peak of my orgasm. I felt a second rush and a wetness flow as my world went dark.

I woke to the feeling of Kate stroking my hair, holding a warm washcloth over my forehead, humming.

She paused, "Miss, I am here, I have you. I hope you had an amazing dream. You are my queen, I will always love you Miss."

She continued to stroke my hair, "I have you Miss your baby has you."

My head was still spinning, I slowly rolled over looking into her eyes. She is such a calming influence after a full body wracking orgasm. This happened the second morning when we were at Rehoboth Beach. She told how she read about orgasms that were so strong the woman passed out.

I kissed her lips gently tasting my wetness on her. Her tender and gentle touch woke me further.

"I love you more everyday Kate. I love you more and more every day."

"Beth, you are my world." she giggled, "Let's shower, you flooded me."

She giggled again this time with a wicked grin on her face said, "And you Miss, you are doing laundry this week."

She winked again slowly helping me to a sitting position then gently helped me stand pulling me into her arms.

"One last kiss my love, I want this feeling to be burned into my heart, mind and soul as a moment that never ends." I begged her, and of course my loving soon to be fiancée kissed me as I asked, never denying me.

We walked to the bathroom to shower. I knew I needed to finish showering first, which I did but not before I lowered my mouth to her neck, just behind her ear, at her hair line, I kissed her softly, then bit her; hard. Not breaking skin but ensuring she knew she belonged to me.

***

I quickly turned the corner into the kitchen seeing Mom and Chelle sitting there enjoying a mid-morning coffee. There are two beautiful bouquets of flowers in vases on the end of the six person table, the aroma, heavenly. Purples and reds and baby's breath, plenty of babies' breathe.

Mom had made sure of it explaining it is a symbol of everlasting love for another.

"Mom, Chelle, oh my! They are just beautiful."

I started to tear up as did mom. Chelle pointed to the corner of the kitchen, she had her big bulky video camera in the corner and the red light was flashing.

"She is going to die!"

"Honey, your father is looking over you and certainly is here with you. He would be so proud of you." Mom said, tears flowing from her eyes.

Chelle giggled, "Especially with that noise this morning. Good gracious girl!"

Mom and I immediately blushed and leaned over and slapped Chelle's arm. I heard the flood board of the hallway creaking. I opened the cabinet and grabbed both boxes and hurried to the center of the room. I dropped to one knee and waited.

I heard the step creak, here she comes. I could hear her humming as she hit the bottom stair; my heart pounding in my chest. My hands were shaking, any second now.

She was humming...

"What the?"

Seeing me on one knee Kate stopped dead in her tracks, an expression of utter amazement on her face.

"What?... Beth!... What?"

Tears immediately flowed from her face. Kate closed her eyes then covered her face with her hands, bending at her waist, almost herself falling to her knees. I stood and walked to her wrapping my arms around holding her tight.

In whispered in her ear, "Kate please let me. Look at me." She shook her head from side to side.

"Baby" I kissed her hands and peeled them off her face, I knelt back down holding her hands.

"The beat of your heart is the drum that leads me and has captured mine. Your soul holds my spirit, and your mind is always thinking of me. My heart yearns for you daily and would collapse then shatter without you. Every breath I take is meant for you, a love and kindness like no other."

I opened the red velvet box, turning it towards Kate saying, "I do not know when, I do not know where or how, but I know I want you as my wife for the rest of our lives. Will you be mine and marry me?"

Wordlessly, Kate shook her head 'yes'.

Tears flowing from her eyes, sobs and cheers coming from the kitchen table. I kissed my fiancée then slipped her ring onto her left ring finger. Her hands were shaking. We then kissed deeply, passionately, softly.

"Yes, yes Beth, I will marry you... Oh my goodness!"

I then handed her the purple velvet box, she shook her head, "I do not know what to say, I am numb and speechless."

"Speak from your heart" mom said. "It holds the truth Kate."

She knelt, taking my hand and said, "Beth, you have owned my heart for the last four years, you are my queen, every moment I am with you I float higher than the highest clouds in the sky. Will you be my wife?"

"Yes, yes, YES!"

She placed the ring on my left ring finger; I stood and kissed her, wrapping her into a hug, "Forevermore, Kate, forevermore."

Mom and Chelle jumped from the table, crying and hugging us both together and them separately. With a small bottle of champagne opened we celebrated with mimosas.

With a small loan from my sister, Chelle, and after emptying my savings account, I purchased us matching engagement rings. Simple gold bands with a half carat round cut diamond and a small baguette dotted each side. The start of our next chapter had begun.

***

Tuesday morning came too early. After a weekend of celebrating with Mom, Chelle, our careers officially started today. Dress slacks, a standard blouse, comfortable shoes. "Nothing fancy" we were told as we left that final meeting with Ken, Joe, and Liz three weeks ago.

At 8:45 we pulled into the parking lot and walked into the office. If needed we had a good story, and practiced if asked about the matching engagement rings, sorority sisters engaged to frat brothers. A pair, a match like no others.

Joe and Ken were there to welcome us. We escorted to Joe's office. For the next 30 minutes we listened to policies, procedures, benefits information, payroll options and finally a sheet to sign and review on office conduct.

Once briefed, we were given the chance to ask any last questions before being given a break before the 10:00 am Monday meeting. Monica had arranged a continental breakfast for us to be welcomed by the staff.

After the meeting adjourned, we went to work, Kate her way and I went mine. To my fully functional cubicle, including several three ring binders each labeled by specialty, IT, Engineers, Accounting, and the thickest, Misc.

Liz walked over and set down a stack of resumes and calls sheets. "Call the resumes, fill out the call sheets, and see me with questions."

She turned to leave and stopped, "The team is meeting for drinks after work as 'our' welcome, not Monica style, our style. Kate should join us. I will make sure Joe knows."

She winked and then told me to get on the damn phone "Smilin' and Dialin' the life of a staffing agency recruiter."

Drinks with the team that night were good. Ken and Joe joined us having one but picking up the tab for two more rounds. I only had one as I was driving. Kate seemed nervous sitting next to Liz; I was there if needed.

At one point Liz and Kate stood and went to the ladies room. When Kate returned, she was smiling, Liz returned a few moments later and just winked at me then smiled.

Kate leaned over and whispered in my ear that she was fine, Liz assured her of that.

No one questioned anything about why we left or as a matter of fact what caused us to to return. On the drive home, Kate shared that Liz "dropped the hammer" controlling the past situation.

That night, we made love. Just the feeling of knowing Kate was doing well after her first day was all I needed. Our passion that night was intense, b7t I focused on her. I needed her ot know I wanted whatever was best for her. Not only in life, but work and more importantly in our love.

In the glow of our love, we laid ther holding hands while they laid on my stomach our ringer glistened from the glow of the bright light if a fleeting summer moon.

***

Over the next few days, I got into a flow with the calls, the resumes and new job orders to call on from the ever growing three-ring binders. It was the third week of September that my first call sheet turned into an interview and a contract placement. The second week in October is when I really caught my groove. It seemed like I was having two or three good conversations each day. Candidates were calling me back most importantly, Liz was happy.

By the time Thanksgiving rolled around the recruiters were happy to get a call sheet from me. Darren, one of the high volume recruiters was also coaching me along and told me a few times what a good job I was doing.

It was the first Friday of December when Ken asked everyone to join him in the conference room. He went on to explain that clients were happy, payroll was being made and the company was very profitable. There would be a Christmas bonus and we hit the November quota. Ken made a statement that he was going to forego the November bonus lunch and have the Christmas party at the private golf club he belonged to. We were all encouraged to bring a significant other or date.

***

That evening while driving home, Kate told me Joe was taking her to see Rhonda the following week. It was a surprise to her but they were considering talking to Rhonda about an internship like we both had and wanted me to speak with her on what she did daily.

"Beth, I don't want to get physically involved with Rhonda or do anything tha5 wo7ld considered 'outward". I just don't want to um... ruin what we have."

We parked in the driveway of the house. "Baby, I love you and will never ask you to do anything you don't want to do. Okay love?" She nodded.

She quickly shook her head 'No'. "Miss soon I will ask you for something deeper."

I looked at her inquisitively. She smiled winking.

I kissed her quickly and exited the car then walked up the stairs and into the house. As we got into the house I could see that Mom was still decorating for Christmas. Most of the boxes had been emptied and were carried back down to the basement. Decorations just lay aro7nd but in areas where they would be placed with love, care and belonging.

Our normal routine was that Kate went up the stairs to our room changing first while I checked in with mom. Like many other times, that is what we did. I walked into the kitchen to see mom.

As I turned the corner and entered I didn't see her but heard her.

She was in the family room. As I approached her, I saw her sitting in her recliner, her head down just crying. She was holding my Dad's Christmas stocking in her hands. I knelt down on the floor next to her, wrapping my arms around her just holding her. It was the first time I had witnessed her sad and missing my father and her husband.

I heard Kate come down the stairs, she walked into the room. "Oh I am so sorry Frances and Beth. I didn't know where you were." she then backed out of the room continuing her apology.

My mom cleared her throat then said, well almost shouted, "No, no dear. That is nonsense. Come here Kate."

I unwrapped my arms from around my mother; she stood and continued "I am just an old woman being nostalgic and silly."

"Mother!" I screamed. "Stop! You have feelings also and it is okay to show them."

They both stopped looking at me as I has caught their attention, quickly.

"I am sorry for screaming at you but do not dishonor him by pretending you don't miss him and that you are sad." I hugged her, "We all miss him and I know it is tough."

Kate spoke up, "Frances, would you like for me to start dinner for you? Maybe you and Beth can just sit and chat over a cup of tea, coffee or cocoa?"

I looked at my love and just smiled. I mouthed to her, "Thank you babe"

Dinner was amazing; Kate was amazing. She took care of the cooking, cleaning, all the while waiting on Mom and I. We sat with a second cup of tea in the family room wrapped up in an afghan. During our second cup of tea, Kate excused herself and went upstairs, explaining she was tired. Mom and I looked at each other with sadness in our eyes.

"Go honey; be with Kate she loves you so much."

I kissed her cheek, "I love you mom and miss Dad every day."

"Beth", she started, "Love them or hate them, I am sure she misses her parents. Be understanding and love her dear." She paused, "As much as I try to love her I am not her mother."

That night when Kate and I made love, I focused on her and didn't care about my needs at all. As we lay snuggling in the after glow of our lovemaking Kate slid into her now normal and favorite spot still softly kissing my chest and neck.

After a few moments she kissed my earlobe then said, "I need to confess something to you."

I turned to her, "Baby, what are you..." She placed a finger on my lips.

"All those months ago, I heard you and Frances. When she learned about us." She confessed. "Chelle and I came back too soon, we heard you Beth, I heard you."

She raised her head, looked in my eyes with tears welling up in hers.

"I just witnessed one of the most beautiful exchanges between a mother and a daughter. I wish I could give you a baby. I want you to be a wonderful mother like Frances."

She kissed my lips, laid her head down and repeated, "Miss, I wish I could give you a baby."

I hugged her kissing her cheek explaining how deeply I appreciated her sharing with me. Kate cried herself to sleep. Me? I couldn't sleep that night if I tried wondering what I could do to settle this concern and make things right for her.

Kate and I made it unscathed through the company Christmas party; we mingled and had a good time. No one questioned us coming 'alone' as our fiancé's were both otherwise detained.

Kate looked tremendous in her Christmas red dress; I of course, chose a dark Christmas purple.

Midnight Mass was beautiful, we were together as a family, Mom, Kate and me.. Christmas morning was magical, breakfast was just Mom, Kate and me. We sat on the couch telling stories of Dad and of days gone past. Each telling our dreams of a future wedding or union ceremony for us.

Chelle came around that afternoon with her boyfriend for an early dinner. They had been dating for a few months. My mom was smiling, that is all that mattered to me.

The only hiccup during the holidays was a discussion Kate and I tried to have with mom about us paying rent. She uttered one final single word, "Forbidden" then stormed out of the room.

January '87

As we started back to work the first week of January, I was still rolling. I was now over $80.00 of labor billing per hour. I wasn't at the level of the recruiter but I was getting $.35 per hour for each call sheet that turned into a contract. The recruiters were making fifteen times that! That is where I wanted to be.

On Friday morning when I came in, there was a note on my desk. Liz and Ken wanted to meet me right after lunch. I panicked immediately until I saw that Liz had a smiley face under it with a P.S. "It's a good meeting mini-me."

I was stunned when I left that meeting. Ken and Liz were very happy with my work and wanted to challenge me even more. They felt I was grasping the concept of recruiting and were shifting me in April to a full recruiter.

"You have a few months to get up to speed." Ken said, "Each new non-technical job order that comes in will be yours to fill. No need for call sheets to go to the recruiters."

In my mind I knew that wasn't many, but this was my break, my stepping stone.

"Also, you and Kate will go with Liz to the Career Fair at your school and two other schools' career fairs in finding a replacement for you and an intern like Kate."

"Yes sir, I got it."

Liz was smiling, this was her success and she knew it. Ken was happy; he was making money with new contracts and consultants billing big net margins, thus making more money. That made the whole office more money which equates to happiness.