Life, Love, and a Career Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

When it was time for the career fair, Liz met us at school. We were dressed alike, red company logo blouses, black slacks and flats, Kate and I walked into the same gymnasium but this time we were on the other side of the table. We saw Liz and made our way over to the table.

Her instructions were simple, "Find someone just like you, no less motivated, no less professional, with the same skills. Anyone else I am not interested in and neither should you be."

It was a long six hours standing behind the table and talking. As the day came to an end, my feet hurt, my back hurt, I was mentally drained. I joked with Liz that I couldn't recall how many times I told the story of Ken's company and what we did. Kate and I both agreed and felt that way.

Liz agreed saying, "The life of a recruiter. See you both tomorrow at the office." And she was gone, leaving the packing up to us.

I turned to Kate, "I want to be like her. Did you see her act, hear her talk, knowing just what to say, how to say it and move forward?" I was in awe of her.

We finished packing and were preparing to leave when my emotions stirred tremendously. My heart jumped from my chest and I saw Kate's eyes open wide as she turned to look at me.

Rhonda was walking our way and she looked amazing. She had trimmed down, wearing a very attractive business suit. Her hair was now a darker shade, almost black. She stopped at our table smiling, extended her hands as if to grasp one of ours not to shake, but to hold hands like a little hug.

"Ladies, I was wondering before you left would you have a few moments to catch up? I am heading to my office now but could give you a hand with what you have brought and can walk to your car while we chat."

Kate looked at me and with her eyes almost begging for us to join her. Squeezing her hand slightly as if returning the hug.

"Yes but you don't need to help carry our stuff. We will just meet you in your office."

We released our hands from each other and as Rhonda turned to walk away, Kate said, "Beth, she looks so beautiful, dare I say sexy? Her hair is a beautiful color and her cut, frames her green eyes just so..."

I cut her off taking a step closer to her. I placed a finger on her lips.

I squinted my eyes and looked hard at Kate, "Is your Miss not attractive enough? Am I not enough? You little minx, you are getting warm inside. Are you sexually attracted to her?"

I took a step back, "Earlier you told me you wanted nothing physically with her and now? I must not be as attractive as she is."

I picked up one of the boxes and in a very direct tone, "Let's leave now!"

I purposely walked at a quicker pace pretending to be upset. I wanted to see Kate's reaction and just how hungry she was for a little excitement.

"Beth!" I heard the footsteps behind me. Frankly, I smiled, obtaining the desired outcome already. I got to the car faster than Kate.

I popped the trunk and was loading my box in the trunk and I heard her come up behind me.

"Miss, please. That isn't what I intended to say. It's not what I meant. Miss please."

Her words were rushed; she was rambling, speaking in a tone of worry, not quite panic but worry.

I spun around trying to keep a straight face.

"And my little pet, my baby, my one true love, just what was your intention? Are you so infatuated with her that you lost your mind and no longer love me!"

Her eyes closed, her head immediately dropping, staring at the ground.

"Kate, baby, I am teasing honey I am sorry."

I grabbed her and pulled her into a hug. Our first big public display of affection.

"I love you and am teasing you. You know I think Rhonda is sexy but she isn't bi, hell she still has a boyfriend for all we know. I was playing with her; and you."

"I took my joke too far baby." Releasing the hug, I tilted her chin up and kissed her full on her mouth. A loving kiss. "Now, are you okay?"

She smiled and nodded. I took her hand and started walking towards the Student Center.

"Miss, in all seriousness, she is so pretty. But, I wonder if we could maybe play with her a little. See if she really is bisexual, or gay."

"Kate dear, if that is what you want." I stopped just shy of opening the main doors to the building, paused and looked at her.

"This campus brings back so many wonderful memories, when we first met, the first party, the fun we had, you dating ALL those boys, you crawling in my bed the first time, our first kiss."

She was smiling, "Let's go make another memory."

I reached up to Kate's blouse, and unbuttoned another button, now with two undone, I flared out the collar and allowed a little more skin and the slightest swell of her breasts now visible. Thinking that was a much better look, I opened the door and we walked side by side down the hall.

Rhonda opened her door with a smile on her face, "Beth, Kate, please come in, please come in!"

As we walked in she pointed towards the table we sat at many times and she shut the door. We didn't take a seat but as the door closed, I took a step closer to Rhonda and when she spun around we were close enough to each other that it could have been considered uncomfortable.

The look on her eyes when she turned was of surprise. She didn't move. There was a palpable hesitation on Rhonda's end. I took her hands in mine, I could hear her breathing quicken, and her hands were shaking.

"It's okay Rhonda, the first real deep kiss is always the most fearful."

I turned and looked at Kate, reaching one of my hands out towards her. When Kate took my hand I pulled her closer, now an inner circle of three ladies. No sounds, no movements, just anticipation.

I leaned to my left and kissed Kate just as softly and as gently as our first kiss. Then nodded my head, Kate turned towards Rhonda.

Kate rose up on her toes and gently kissed Rhonda's lips. Rhonda hesitated, but welcomed the kiss, then another. I knew what Kate wanted, her hands moved to Rhonda's hips, pulling her c,over but Rhonda didn't move. Then a final kiss. I stood back watching.

When they broke the kiss I said, "Rhonda, there is nothing unnatural about the love in one's heart and the desire to be loved and to feel good."

I stood higher on my toes and kissed her deeply, a deep soulful kiss. I parted my lips allowing my tongue to touch hers and as her lips parted, I took her in a hug and started exploring her mouth.

Rhonda moaned deeply into my mouth wrapping her arms around me. Our tongues intertwined, she was also exploring and she was slightly tentative. As I released her from the hug and broke the kiss I could hear a sigh of sadness come from her.

Rhonda composed herself, "Ladies, let's have a seat."

We spent the next twenty minutes chatting about life after graduation, the trip we took to the beach, how we proposed to each other and how work has been since we started four and a half months ago. The conversation fell into a lull, and I knew this was my opportunity.

I reached over the table and took her hand. "Rhonda, you are more than welcome to invite us over to your home anytime you want." I paused, "If your boyfriend ever travels or is not home, we would come for a visit."

"He doesn't live with me Beth."

I was slightly surprised, not stunned when Kate spoke up. "Beth is an amazing lover Rhonda, but she is my Miss, my queen. She has guided me and loves me beyond any dream which I can imagine. We can take you there, joining us."

She looked at me and continued. "I tell you this, Rhonda, so you are aware she is my queen. I am not a jealous woman but I am hers. You could learn from me if I were properly incentivized or Miss can guide you, teach you, allow your feelings to grow and evolve, if you desire."

With that Kate stood, reaching for my hand and said, "Miss, I would like to take you home and make love to you."

I stood looking at Rhonda, "I sense the attraction from you to us is strong, it was when we were students and I sense it is stronger now."

Pausing, "I am curious how long you have felt this way Rhonda."

She blushed and lowered her head whispering, "I have not experienced the loving touch of a woman. Possibly one day."

Kate's hand found its way under Rhonda's chin and tiled it up saying, "You know how to reach us."

We turned in hand and walked out the door.

We celebrated Easter dinner with Mom, Chelle, and Dan. This is the first I met Dan. He and Chelle have been dating for fifteen months now. I am not a huge fan of him but he loves Chelle. He is respectful and kind to Chelle so I ignore his quirks. After dinner and another bottle of wine, we all sat around chatting.

Mom and Dan went to bed, hanging had too much wine. This gave Chelle and me some time alone. Kate fell asleep cuddling on my shoulder and as mom called it, "her spot".

Knowing Dan was in bed, Chelle confided in me that he was great in bed and was not selfish like others. I just smiled, giggled a little. Kate must have been semi-awake.

"Eww gross! A hairy man sweating on you. Yuck I don't need that or his dick when I have a wonderful lover like my Miss."

We all just laughed until there were tears running down our cheeks. Kate closed her eyes and just laid her head back into the crook of my neck, right where she belongs.

We never heard from Rhonda.

May 87 - Our First Challenge

I was doing great; two of my last three contracts took me over the $100 and $110 billing per hour mark. I was still cold calling candidates for the IT and Engineering recruiters and they were very thrilled.

Mother's Day was soon upon us and we had made a few trips to the mall discussing gifts for my mom from both of us. Another sore topic of Mother's Day as well as every few weeks Kate would confess to me her desire to give me a child. I still needed to think this through. She wanted to be a mother, giving me us a child.

On Thursday befor e Mother's Day, Kate and I were leaving a small local shop with my mom's Mother's Day gifts we then decided to stop by the local florist. I asked Kate to please stay in the car and that I would be right back. I went in purchasing a nice bouquet of pink and red roses then a few spring bouquets. I also bought a single red rose for Kate.

Returning to the car, I handed her the three bouquets and asked that she hold them until we got home. Handing them to her, I kept a single red rose and jumped in on the driver's side. I was smiling the whole drive home with a single red rose in my lap which of course was for Kate but she wasn't allowed to have; yet. I had a little fun in mind for when I would give it to her.

She kept glancing towards it then would look at me. I just smiled thinking of the fun we would have when we got home.

As we turned left down our street and approached mom's driveway she gasped loudly.

"No!"

"Beth, please! Oh fuck, don't pull in the driveway. Please!" She yelled, "Keep going, don't stop!!!!"

I slowed the car in front of the driveway trying to understand but didn't stop. Then I saw the license plate, "Oh fuck! Michigan." I drove forward hoping that we would go unnoticed.

Leaving the residential area, I pulled into a coffee shop, put the car in park and looked at Kate.

"Do you think it is them?"

Her chin was resting on her chest, she was weeping. "I don't know who else it would be."

I took her hand, "What do you want to do? I can call home and see if it is them. Mom will be cryptic; she knows the deal."

Kate was sobbing and my heart was breaking. "I won't see him. I refuse to Beth."

My heart was breaking for her; I needed to fix this.

"Beth I trust you but I will not see them, I swear I will not see them. I want nothing to do with him." She started crying hysterically.

My poor baby was overwhelmed with stress and worry now, "He fucking uninvited me, his only fucking child, he uninvited me to his house. No Beth, no!"

When she finished screaming she broke down in tears. The flowers lay at her feet, she was hunched over, crying. I leaned over just holding her. After a few moments and when she calmed down, I kissed her cheek and told her I would go inside to a pay phone and call mom.

She answered tentatively, "Hello?"

"Hey what's going on in there?"

I could hear her voice change, "Come home please, it's important and bring Kate, ask her to trust me." Mom said.

"She said no. We drove past and saw the car. I won't do it to her."

"Beth" my mom asked again, "Please bring Kate home." She stressed the word home.

In a stern voice, "Mother..." she interrupted me.

"It's safe, please."

I hung up, took a deep breath and walked outside and opened the passenger side door. I knelt on the ground and looked at her. Her eyes were swollen red and her mascara was streaked.

"I love you and I want you to trust me." I kissed her lips, "Mom asked that you trust her."

She hesitated and nodded. "I only trust you Beth; you and Frances."

I kissed her and promised her I would never harm her. We pulled into the driveway; I walked around to the passenger side and opened the door. I took the flowers and left the other gifts in the car.

"You open the door and go upstairs, let me see what is going on and I will come upstairs and get you when it is safe."

She agreed. We walked in the house and as agreed Kate went upstairs. I could hear the bedroom door close. I walked down the hall into the kitchen, turning the corner, I saw Allie sitting with Mom in the family room.

"Mom, these need water. I just picked them up for Mother's Day."

I set the flowers on the countertop. I walked into the family room, looked right at Allie and said, "She is upstairs and will not come down until I go up."

I paused but as unladylike as possible I spat out, "What do you and the ass want?"

"Elizabeth Maryann!" My mother screamed.

I stared right at Allie, "No!" I fired right back.

"The ass uninvited his only daughter," I paused for effect, "his only daughter, his only child was uninvited to her childhood home because of me."

I asked again, "What do you want?" I turned looking at my mom.

"Kate wouldn't tell me but I knew. I knew because of how she responded that day. I knew but out of respect I didn't push it. I knew because of her response when I tried to discuss it with her."

I looked at Allie and repeated again, "What does the asshole want, because he isn't seeing Kate. I will not let him; he will not see my fiancée. She wants nothing to do with him."

In a soft but broken voice, Allie said, "You have every right to protect her and as I told Frances, I am glad you did, and continue to do."

She stood, "May I please see my baby girl. I miss her. He doesn't know I am here."

I felt bad for her. She just wanted to see her daughter a few days before Mother's Day. I started crying as I turned and walked upstairs and into the bedroom. Kate was on the bed, she had changed in sweats and a t-shirt. I held her while replaying the conversation. I told her whatever she wanted, I would support her, she is my one and only.

A few moments later I walked Kate down the stairs, into the family room holding her hand with my other hand around her waist.

Allie immediately started crying, Kate moved to hug her. Mom and I left the room.

I didn't go far. We left them in the family room as we were making dinner.

At 6:00 we invited Allie to stay for dinner. She declined saying that she needed to get on the road to get home before he did. He would work until midnight. It was only a five hours drive and she would stop along the way if needed.

My mom packed her a box for the road with a few small single sized servings of juice, snacks and a few pieces of fruit.

Kate walked her out the door. When she came back she went upstairs. I could hear her take a shower, but she never came back down. I carried some dinner up to our room but she declined saying she wasn't feeling well enough to eat.

That night, I lay behind her holding her, soothing her pain as best as I could. Bound and determined to make certain he knew the pain my baby was in. I would make certain he knew how he hurt my baby.

November '87 - Holidays Suck

In the middle of the night, I felt Kate hurry from the bed and run into the bathroom across the hall. I ran after her to help as soon as I heard her get sick. As she had done for me, I soothed her with a warm washcloth and just comforted her.

The difference was she had been crying. I saw tears flowing down her cheeks and her eyes reddened from crying. As I hugged her I could feel her whole body shake when she cried.

I held her gently in my arms as we lay on the bathroom floor. I heard a soft knock at the door. I assured my mom that we were okay. But we weren't, something was wrong with my fiancée.

We returned to bed once Kate calmed down. We lay there as I held her comforting her, promising her whatever the problem was, I would fix it.

"I love you Miss" she softly whispered back.

Kate's worries are my worries and would wait until a more appropriate time to dig deeper into this, she needed rest.

Friday morning, the week before Thanksgiving Ken stopped by my cubicle and asked to see me. He had a project and wanted to discuss this with me. I stood and followed him to his office. When we walked in Ken's office, I saw sitting at the table were Monica, Liz, Joe and Kate.

I was immediately on the defensive not knowing what to expect.

Monica started, "We have obtained a new contract and client for payroll services and staffing services." I started scribbling notes right away.

Monica went on to detail on how she was awardees an RPO bid for a a small local hospital. St. Clemente Hospital, had outsourced the contract for all food and beverage payroll and staffing services to the company. They would become our employees and we would not only payroll them but we would handle all staffing, and human resource issues, including benefits. The hospital would handle the scheduling of the managers would work with Kate and Joe keeping them notified of time and attendance issues for us to handle.

The contract was to start on January 1st. There were currently 120 employees being converted over and there were approximately 20 vacancies.

Monica looked at Joe and Kate, "Can you two handle this? Heads nodded and affirmations were made.

Then she looked at me, "Beth, Joe and Kate have a the initial challenge, paperwork and payroll problems, it's a long term project for them. You on the other hand have a short term problem."

Monica turned to Ken who stepped in speaking. "You have the challenge. I need twenty vacancies filled and ready to go in six week."

Monica added, "Ken, Liz and I know you can do it without killing yourself. What do you think?"

I looked at Liz, she smiled and nodded. I turned to Monica and Ken and shared the same affirmations. And with that we stood, Ken asked that Liz and I stay back.

With the door closed again Ken said to me, "I am giving you this shot. Fill the jobs and this account is yours. Am I clear?"

"Yes sir." He went on to explain a few processes and how he and Liz will guide me but Ken was certain I could do it.

I went back to my desk and got to work, smiling and dialing.

Thanksgiving was the five of us, Mom, Dan, Chelle, Kate and me. It was casual and festive but mild. Mom, Chelle and I were humored by the ongoing jabbing back and forth between Kate and Dan.

Hard barbs were flying back and forth between the two of them on a wide range of topics. Starting with his silly unexplainable diet. At one point Kate said, "Ken, you have a see-food diet. I never see you without food on a plate or a plate in your hand."

Then she attacked his love of country music. He attacked her love of classical music and my love of rock and roll. That's when it got crazy.

"Whoa there buddy!" She jumped in, "The bedrock and cornerstone of all music is classical, it started there and moved forward. And in every genre of music I will point out notes, styles and the backdrop of Rock n Roll."