Life, Love, and a Career Ch. 05

Story Info
The continuation - Needing & Understanding.
7.4k words
4.83
3k
4

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 12/15/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Life, Love, and a Career - Ch. Five

Needing & Understanding

Written and published by KAD and CAO Kev

A/N In collaboration with and at the request of the original author, we have started this rewrite. As was the original, this is a collaborative story. We reviewed and considered the previous comments for which we, as well as the original author, are grateful for. We would like to create a fresher story but yes there are points it lulls. We focus sometimes on their employment as this will bring a deeper understanding of the longer term life of the character. We seek and thank you for your understanding as we try to bring you some fictional enjoyment.

Life isn't always a smooth road but when there is love and understanding the potholes aren't always as rough. We hope you continue to enjoy the next challenges and successes with Beth and Kate.

December '87 - Christmas

We came home from Midnight Mass and made our way to our bedroom. I just cuddled with Kate enjoying her warmth and touch. We drifted off to sleep wrapped in each other's arms.

I woke early Christmas morning, only a few hours later, sliding out of bed; I made my way to the bathroom as quietly as possibly. I took a quick shower and shaved completely. I wanted to surprise Kate this morning. Returning from the shower, I closed our bedroom door and as quietly as possible I put on a lace purple crop top with spaghetti straps, lace purple panties then pulled the box from under the bed.

Opening the box, I pulled out the harness which I have tried it on already and had it sized up properly, or so I thought.

Still sleepy, Kate mumbled, "What are you doing?"

I slid the harness on, adjusting the straps as best I could. I then affixed my purple girl cock and crawled on the bed kneeling above her. Oh god this felt so weird! I hoped I would be able to pull this off. I bent forward, slowly I started kissing down her body, I latched onto her nipples not in a soft manner either. I wanted sex, and I wanted it bad. I wanted my fiancée and I wanted to show her how much I needed, wanted and loved her.

I recalled how painful, awkward and incredibly unsatisfying my experience was when I lost my virginity. It was my senior year of high school and it was the most uncomfortable seven minutes of my life.

I wanted Kate's first time with me, like this, to be amazing, loving, magical and eternal.

My fingers replaced my mouth on her nipples. I continued nipping at her skin and I moved down to her treasure, her loving sex. She started to purr as she woke. I then positioned myself on my knees, my face down nipping still at her skin, her thighs, her vulva, then sucking her clit, waking it also. Tonguing it, then with my lips, tongue and teeth, very gently I kissed, loved and nipped at it.

Kate was moaning, I moved my head and started kissing, licking and slowly fingering my lover. With my mouth, I was still making love to her clit as I spelt her name with my tongue.

My finger slowly moving in and out, I added a second finger. My lover's feeling her walls tremble and squeeze. Continuing, moved my fingers in and out slowly, I awkwardly tried to kneel up.

"Open your eyes, I want to see your climax, I want you to watch me."

It was weird and awkward but I was being daring. Her breathing increased, her hands clenching the bedsheets. Her legs opened wider, her tone changed, her moans increased, a hand covering her mouth now, her walls contracting, squeezing my fingers.

"Yes babe for me, for you,,,, celebrate our love. Cum for me."

Kate came in a beautiful manner, nearly soaking my hand and the bed. I didn't want this to stop, here is where I wanted to make it special for her. This was my moment.

I moved forward high on my knees looking down at the majesty that was my lover. I bent down and kissed her deeply, she wrapped her arms around my neck. I moved one hand to the thin purple girl cock. Awkwardly with my finger from my other hand, I stroked her gently, still loving her then slowly but very awkwardly, I moved it forward to her entrance. Her eyes opened wide!

"Miss! You have dick!"

I pressed slowly forward, watching her eyes, her fear, her smile, her reaction saying, "Yes, your Miss is going to fuck you now. Are you ready for your Miss to fuck you?"

With very slow and careful movements, I eased my cock into Kate. With carefulness and love, intermixed with love and sweet tender kisses, Kate fully accepted the thin, five inch plastic cock I was wearing. It was slow, and it took a few moments as we adjusted to my awkwardness. Kate slowly became accustomed to the phallus as she naturally wrapped her legs around me, pulling me in.

I was awkward, so I apologized. "I am sorry baby; I am trying my best for you. I want you to feel my cock in you, to pleasure you, as I love you."

"Oh Miss, please fuck me. Take me, love me, and make me yours."

And with that Kate squeezed me tight, climaxing, her arms and legs wrapping around me. Her mouth was searching for mine, kissing me deeply, moaning into my mouth. I never felt an orgasm so beautiful and satisfying.

We slowly calmed down, and in the afterglow of the most amazing sexual experience of my life, Kate kissed me and smiled. Right then in that moment, I knew this is where I wanted to be forevermore.

***

After another shower, I walked downstairs while Kate was showering and dressing. As I turned the corner from the stairs to the hallway, and entered the kitchen, applause broke out as Chelle, Dan and my Mom in unison said, "bumpin uglies huh?"

I turned a crimson red, smiled and said, "Yep, are you all jealous?" Then I went about making breakfast for my family.

Kate came downstairs and sat at her spot at the table. As I handed her a cup of coffee, kissed her and said "Babe, we have a jealous house this Christmas morning. Be careful of those who weren't bumpin 'this morning."

All five of us just started laughing.

After a wonderful breakfast we adjourned to the family room. The tree was lit, there was soft music in the background and a special Christmas spirit filled the room.

We sat together and slowly opened gifts for each other. There were special little gifts exchanged between Dan and Chelle, Kate and myself, and then a few extra gifts for Mom from Kate and I. We gave Chelle and Dan a nice framed photo of them, they seemed appreciative.

Kate spoke up saying she would be right back and stepped out of the room. Mom and I were chatting about a sweater we purchased for her when Kate returned with a box wrapped in purple paper. I didn't recognize this gift from when we wrapped gifts last week.

Kate sat next to me and the room fell silent. She asked for my patience for a second as she composed herself. Her voice was cracking with anticipation; her hands were shaking as she was full of nervousness.

"I hope you understand that this is from the heart." She stated. "I know how much solace and comfort music brings you Beth. I know how much you love a certain rock band."

She paused. "And I recently learned why this band holds a special place deep inside you."

My focus was solely on her, but as she paused I watched her look at my Mom and Chelle, and I saw as they both nodded in approval smiling.

She smiled, "God knows there is a specific ratty ass t-shirt which proves it"

"Hey!! I responded, "I love that shirt. It is special to me."

"I know love, I know. So I spoke with Frances and Chelle a while back as I wanted something special for you this Christmas. I love you so much and hope you enjoy what I bought you."

She handed me the box so beautifully wrapped. I felt nervous, my hands were trembling. Chelle looked at me smiling from ear to ear, nodding her head. Gingerly, carefully I opened the gift. As I pulled back the first layer of tissue paper I almost died.

On top was a brand new but replica shirt of the original Styx "Paradise Theater" concert t-shirt. I still had my old one but it was put away, in a special place, never to be worn again. It was in a secret special place.

Yes, the tears flowed immediately.

My hands were now shaking as I picked it up and then found a "Kilroy Was Here" replica concert shirt. Tears flooded my eyes, I lowered my head and just cried and thought. How much does she love me? How beautiful was this simple gift?

"Keep going, there are a few more" she said.

Then a shirt from "The Grand Illusion" tour. Then several CD's each of music that I love from the 70's and early 80's. Peeling back the final piece of tissue paper,,,, it was then that I saw it.

I immediately melted into a blubbering mess of a little girl; Daddy's little girl.

A framed photo of my Dad and I. Taken at the last concert he took me to. It was September, 1979. I was just a junior in high school and I had the biggest girl crush on Tommy Shaw. Dad took me to Alliance, OH for the Styx concert.

Dad died ten weeks later, there had been a car accident. He was killed when a semi-truck carrying soda, with red cans, ran a red light out of control and hit him. The police report showed the driver had been speeding and was previously drinking and shouldn't have been driving. Of course, he wasn't injured.

I looked up at Kate, she was in tears, Mom and Chelle were in tears. All I could do was reach over and hug her. Kate held me tight as we both cried.

Mom spoke up. "Beth dear, Kate knows everything. She approached me a few months ago talking about a special Christmas gift, and she told me what she wanted to do, I was all in! I was thrilled and supported her right away. Replacing your old t-shirts and wanting to find a picture of you two. I dug around and found some old pictures but when she saw this one she asked, and I shared the story."

Chelle chimed in, "Beth, you know he is watching over you. This gift was meant to be." She paused, then continued. "Kate you are the best, you did an amazing job putting this all together."

I continued blubbering and somehow got out the words, "I love you more than ever and will never be able to repay you for this."

To say that the rest of the day was magical is an understatement. The hours just flew by, I was on cloud nine all day. I was hugging, holding and kissing Kate at every possible moment. That night we made beautiful love and this time I fell asleep in her arms.

On December 29th, Ken, Monica and I met with the hospital leadership including the VP of Hospital Operations, the VP of Shared Services and the Director of Dining Services. We introduced the new staff members and gave them a tour of the facility. The meeting was about an hour long.

As it ended, Albert the VP of Hospital Operations asked Ken and Monica to stay back. Ken asked if I could stay as I handled the hospital contract and this account, though Monica oversaw everything, I was handling the daily recruitment for this account. Albert agreed and invited me to stay.

It seems that Albert was so impressed with our work on this contract, he wanted to know if we would be willing to take on the outsourcing of hospital security guards. The internal recruiters were struggling and treating those vacancies like second hand work.

Monica and Ken both looked at me. I didn't panic, I thought for a second and made a decision.

"Mr. Wrightman, we would need to meet first, Ken, Monica, Joe and I would need to discuss labor hours, insurances, benefits and operational costs before making a commitment." I stood tall,. "May we have a week or two in order to review and get back to you? Maybe schedule a follow up for the third week of January?"

He frowned and I froze. I almost started shaking when he smiled and said, "Smart, yes, three weeks. I will get it arranged." He turned and walked away.

I felt Monica pull me into a hug and tell me what a great job I did. "Decisive, planned and closed."

Ken chimed in, "I couldn't have done it any better."

We left the hospital and I was floating high on confidence again. I was learning and growing from a business perspective and seemingly gaining the respect of Joe, Ken and Monica.

***

Kate and I returned from grocery shopping the afternoon of December 31st. Walking into the kitchen Mom pointed to the counter where I saw a box addressed to Kate and me.

Opening the box we found assorted snacks, high-end snacks, a bottle of wine and two bottles of champagne with a note. "Happy New Years to some amazing staff members" signed by Ken, Monica and Joe.

There was a P.S. from Joe. "Kate, I know I don't always tell you but you are a truly phenomenal employee. Best in the New Year, Joe."

October'88 - Forced Care

I hadn't had a day off or any real time away since taking on the two hospital contracts. Sure we went away for July 4th but I never slowed down. I was making really great money; I was on a roll. I have 49 workers billing for those two contracts. Mr. Wrightman was happy and that made Ken and Monica happy. Joe was satisfied with my work when turning in contracts and timesheets. Word spread through the water cooler talk that Joe was thrilled with Kate.

I was still doing phone screens but I handled all miscellaneous contracts that came in. It wasn't that bad for me and I wasn't stressed but I really wasn't taking care of myself.

I was still thirsty for success; I was gaining ground in my career.

I wasn't worried about my health, I had Mom and Kate for that, they were always worrying about me. Mom was also on my back about all the weight I was losing; it was only eight or nine pounds. She thought I looked skinny. I told her I just needed to find some time when I slowed down and just needed a break, but not yet. I promised Mom and Kate that I would be fine. I noticed them whispering behind my back more and more.

I knew I would eventually figure it out but I wanted more. I wanted Nate and Darren kind of money. They were both billing over $350.00 per hour. I kept asking them to understand I was success driven.

It was the Saturday before Halloween, I work before the sun was up, kissed Kate and get out of bed and went to take a shower. When I returned from the bathroom, Kate was sitting up in bed, waiting for me.

"What are you doing?"

I responded, "Listen I am just going to the office for a few hours to do a few things."

She got of out of bed looked at me and walked into the bathroom. As the door closed I heard her start crying.

I gently knocked on the door, she didn't respond, "Kate?"

"Go, just go damn it, get out just go and leave me alone!"

I knocked again then the door flew open. "What? Just go get out go to work and leave me alone damn it!" She slammed the door in my face.

Realizing that I had upset her I decided to give her some time to herself. I went to the office and spent a few hours on paperwork and getting caught up on about twenty calls. As I was getting ready to leave and go home, I called mom's house but there was no answer. I was sure that this had blown over and Kate would understand. I knew in my mind this would be fine, just a little bump in our lives, I needed her to understand my drive for success.

I pulled in the driveway seeing their cars there and thought nothing of it. I walked in the house, Kate and Mom were sitting in the family room, she was curled up in mom's arms, I could see her face.

"Hey" I said gently. There was no response, "Hey Kate, can we talk?" There was still no response. I tried again with a stern tone, "Kate!"

She sat up quicker than a ball being shot out of cannon.

"What do you want?"

She started walking away; I reached out for her arm. "Leave me alone Elizabeth!" She screamed and stomped away.

"Mom"

She looked at me and just shook her head, "You don't even see how much you hurt her do you? That poor woman sat here and cried all morning because she sees that your work is more important to you then she is."

She stood and walked out of the room.

I was dumbfounded, befuddled, I thought I was doing well, what was best, driving for success and financial stability for our future.

Now upset, I was bound and determined to get to the bottom of this; I walked upstairs and into our bedroom.

"Kate, I want to speak with you." I barged into our bedroom.

And what a mistake that was, what happens for the next twenty minutes was a knock down drag out argument about taking time off. Mom even stepped in which she rarely did and put us in two different rooms to calm down. I apologized in the end but explained I just wanted the best for Kate.

She brought a few things to light but I was still blind. With cooler heads now thinking, we settled for a dinner out. It was still a little cold and not as enjoyable but it was still time together.

We didn't make love that night. She kept to herself. I could now feel the hurt, the loneliness but I was so close at work. I was so close to meeting my own personal goal.

That following week, I had just come back from lunch only having time to grab a bowl of soup to find a note on my desk. It was from Ken asking to see me in the back office.

Joe's office? I thought to myself this isn't good. I walked back passing Kate's desk, I looked at her and she looked stone cold, a poker face.

I softly knocked on Joe's door when Ken opened it, I wasn't surprised. Scared maybe but not surprised.

Joe was behind his desk and asked me to come in and take a seat. It was then I saw Kate walk in and stand next to Ken who then closed the door.

"Would you like me to put you on a mandatory vacation? Or are you going to voluntarily take the next five days off?" Ken started.

I was scared, responding, "I am sorry sir" I stuttered, "b.. bu... but I am confused. Am I in trouble, under investigation?"

Joe spoke up, "Beth, you work harder than everyone out there, I see it, Monica and Ken see it, but you don't. "We" he stressed, "see it. You are nonstop. We don't want you to burn out and break. Easter is coming up. We're highly suggesting that you take next week off starting upon completion of this meeting."

Ken was next and spoke up. "Beth, you are not in trouble, you are not under investigation but you are under a lot of stress. Please take a week off, come back refreshed. Because when you do, I am promoting you to a full-time Accounts Manager. You will need to recruit your replacement. Joe is going to cover your promotion and new pay plan."

He turned towards the door, grabbing the knob and said, "Go on vacation starting after this meeting. That isn't a request."

With that, Ken and Kate left the room leaving Joe and I alone.

I asked Joe if Kate was allowed back into the conversation. He looked inquisitively at me. I then explained that she assists me making recommendations for my savings accounts. Fuck, I thought to myself. I almost blew that.

He understood and called her asking her to return. He discussed with us my position change as it dealt with pay, benefits, and my new commission plan.

We left his office after about thirty minutes. As I returned to my desk, I saw Nikki, Liz, Nate, Darren huddled around. Liz took my hands and squeezed them. Each teammate reached out and, likened to a football huddle, placed a hand on me. Liz spoke for the group telling me to go get some sun and come back refreshed. They had my back, nothing would falter.

With high fives all around, I turned and there was Kate with her coat ready to leave for the week.

Darren walked with us out towards the doors going for a smoke, "Have an enjoyable vacation ladies."

When I pulled into the driveway Kate reached for my hand. "Miss, I am not allowed to say anything but I am begging you not to be upset. Please Miss, promise me you will not get mad or be upset with Frances or me, please."

I nodded.

She released my hand, opened the passenger door and stepped out. I was confused; she walked around and opened my door, took my hand and assisted me from the car. Shutting the door, she held my hand as we walked up the steps, and to the front door. She turned me, kissed my lips and winked.