Life, Love, and a Career Ch. 07

Story Info
Stress, Thanksgiving, Closure and Togetherness.
10.1k words
4.83
2.5k
8

Part 6 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 12/15/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Stress, Thanksgiving, Closure and Togetherness

Please enjoy the next chapter and challenge with Beth and Kate. I will share that this chapter is truly a set up for the blessings and excitement which will come next in the next chapters. We felt it was important to keep this mostly non-sexual chapter included.

An old friend always shared that "On each parade, a little rain will fall." That is what happens in this chapter. - KAD and Liz

November/Thanksgiving '89

I didn't sleep well on Tuesday night; I just laid awake hoping, thinking and wondering. I did nod off a bit but stressful thoughts woke me constantly. Was I asking too much? I could feel the tightness and pain in my lower back. I curled onto my side trying to get comfortable. As soon as I moved there was a sudden sharp cramp and strain in my back almost locking me paralyzed in place.

I rolled over onto my back with minimal relief. I remember nodding off. A short time later I gently shook Kate's shoulder. "Baby, I need help."

She woke up immediately sitting up. It seemed as soon as I said I needed help she was wide awake. "Beth, what's wrong?"

"Baby, I can't move. My back is all strained and spastic." I explained my back was tight and my lower back was in some pain and now spasms. She gingerly got out of bed and returned from the hall closet with the heating pad.

Very carefully, I rolled over and now I lay here with the heating pad on my back and Kate rubbing my upper back, I kept thinking. 'I know what we, Kate and I, want but how could I make that happen?'

Is this what Derrick wants? I need him at work as he is amazing at what he is doing and I do not want to change that. He has so much to give and so much room for growth. I also need and want him outside of the office. Is that too much?

I never considered the potential damage that pressure like this could have on him. Could this pressure have an adverse effect on him? I wouldn't want to cause him any stress, strain or harm.

Kate knew I had been with a man. It was only once after high school and it wasn't amazing like what Kate and I have, what we have is indescribably amazing. I wasn't popular like Kate in college. A significant unknown to me when we became a couple was her giving to me the gift of her virginity.

Now thoughts of Derrick are stressing me and keeping me awake at night. Does he override my love, thoughts and feelings for Kate? No!

Yet I find him somewhat attractive. What is most attractive are his heart, mind and soul. I don't think I could ever love him as I love Kate.

Thirty minutes later, Kate turned off the heating pad and turned and started massaging my back with warm oil.

My mind didn't stop but the massage felt so good. After a few minutes I begged her off telling her that was enough. She lay back down, falling asleep next to me.

Other questions on my mind included, once we have a baby, where do we live? Is it fair to bring a baby into my Mom's home? How will she deal with a baby in the house? As well as, what stress will this put on Katie at work? How would Joe and Ken react to this? Kate was recently promoted.

I realize that we have been employed there three years but what bomb would this drop not only on the workload but on our relationship with coworkers in the office.

***

The alarm seemed to come extra early on Wednesday morning. It felt like I just dozed off again as it rang. It seemed that I just relaxed enough to sleep and it woke me. I rolled over to kiss Kate but realized she was up and out of bed already. As I attempted to sit up and get out of bed, I felt my back cramp.

A shot of pain ran up its entire length; from my butt to my neck. I lay back down for a few minutes, trying some deep breathing exercises hoping I would relax. I stretched my arms above my head trying to relax and breathe deep.

After a bit, I felt better. I slowly stood feeling a small twinge of pain. I stripped, throwing my panties and T-shirt into the hamper. As I bent down to my drawer trying to retrieve panties and a bra, I felt my back tighten some as I grabbed clean panties and a bra. Slowly I stood trying to find a posture that would ease this strain and slowly made my way into our bathroom.

Entering the bathroom, I saw Kate shampooing her hair. I gently stepped into the shower behind her. I started by kissing her shoulder, then her neck. I moved my hands up to her scalp replacing hers. Gently massaging her head, she tilted hers back now leaning back against me.

I allowed my hands to roam down her front, circling her breasts, pulling her nipples. Standing there touching her I felt myself grow moist, my need growing. In this moment, us together, she is my focus; my love. I caressed her skin and as she responds, purring her breathing changes, increasing in time. My nipples started to harden. I felt her back pressing into me. I started applying firm pressure to her body, pulling her back against me.

I said, "We will invite him to Thanksgiving dinner together. We can talk to him outside this morning in the smoking area. We will both kiss his cheek and ensure he accepts."

She spun around kissing me softly, then with firmer pressure on my lips. "Miss I need you, I must taste you this morning, please." I nodded and winked at her.

"I will kiss Derrick like this." Kate gently kissed my cheek, "Not like this." Kate gently pressed her lips to mine, kissing them. She then maneuvered her lips, kissing and sucking on my bottom lip, which she knows I love.

"Miss, never like this." She kissed my mouth full on pushing her tongue into my mouth seeking mine out starting a short lived duel.

As she broke the kiss, she nipped at my bottom lip and gave it a gentle tug looking deep into my eyes at the same time. I felt the love as she gently kissed me once more than kissed my cheeks, my chin, down my throat. She was not fooling around.

I could feel the urgency in her breathing. She bypassed my breasts; Kate kissed my body in a straight line down to the hood covering my clit. Her tongue flat against my clit then went straight up slowly dragging her chin across my clit. Then slowly she brought her hands to my ass pulling me closer, Kate pressed her nose at the top of my clit and inhaled.

"Miss, your aroma, your wetness, they bring so much satisfaction to me."

My hands moved to her hair, pulling her up slightly pressing her mouth to my inner lips. She began kissing, slowly. Then as her hands moved to my bum, she extended her tongue. I felt my nipples stretch, ache and harden. I teased my breasts as Kate continued making love to me.

I gently pulled at my nipples then felt a shudder of electricity from my nipples to my clit. "Quick baby, I am cumming."

Masterfully Kate continued her love, well aware of my triggers. Her hands pulled my body in closer. Firmly caressing, not groping, but firm caresses on my bum pulled me as close as possible to her mouth. Her mouth then captured my inner lips again, sucking, and then kissing. Her nose then connected, nuzzling my clit, and then I felt it. Like a roar from a lioness, I exhaled. I then took in a deep breath and squealed as my orgasm took over.

I felt my moisture flow from my pussy covering Kate's face. I grabbed the wall of the shower with my right hand then dropped my left hand to Kate's shoulder. "Please baby, I need to feel you. I need your kiss."

Kate stood, running her hands and fingertips up my outer thighs, pausing at my hips; she flattened her hands as she moved up my torso, and then drew them across my breasts. Her flat palms pressed against my still hard nipples, she smiled then pressed her lips to mine.

I could taste my wetness and smell my nectar on her breath. I kissed her deeply and the duel renewed. I exhaled melting in her arms, needing to feel her. I turned her to the water, splashing against her body. I slowly moved my hand down her body, over her stomach and then cupped her mound.

Feeling a day or two of stubble I asked. "Ugh, what is this?"

I really tried to sound disgusted but I pulled my hands away in a playful manner as a jolt of pain ran up my back. "Oh damn!" I screamed.

Trying to sound upset, I said. "This needs to be shaven and cleaned daily. I won't touch nor play with this in its current state. It's a shame your Miss wanted to share in my enjoyment this morning before work but obviously you are not prepared properly."

With that I let go of her, turned and gently stepped out of the shower wrapping a towel around my body.

"I need you to hurry so I can take my shower for work."

I slowly made my way to our bedroom, feeling guilty replaying in my mind the words I spoke. I sat on our bed, and then felt so guilty of how I treated Kate; I lay back down staring at the ceiling.

My words were intentional; I needed to start pushing her submissiveness as the book I have been reading suggested. Some parts of the book suggested that I take a much more assertive approach with her, showing her what my sexual needs are as her Mistress.

It wasn't but a few moments later when the bedroom door opened then closed. Kate approached me, took my hand and knelt on the floor next to the bed.

"Miss I am sorry, I will remember to shave immediately upon entering the shower for you."

She kissed my hand, holding it tighter, I said. "Baby, I wasn't intentionally being mean to you. I am just trying to learn from reading the book as we agreed."

I moved, trying to roll and look at her in her eyes while holding her hands but a severe pain encompassing my entire back froze me in my tracks. Trying to speak without her hearing or seeing the pain I say.

"Do you remember we spoke about you shaving clean for me?"

Damn, my back was really tight and it was bothering me. I went to sit up and that jolt of pain hit hard again, this time and I yelped in pain.

"Miss, are you okay?"

I nodded and told her I was fine.

Kate continued, "I am aware Miss, I am grateful for your understanding and lessons of what you want." Kissing my hands again she assisted me in standing up, she could now see the pain I was in. She was witness to the trouble I had in simply standing.

"Miss, are you certain you are okay?" I nodded, finally straightening up then slowly walked out of our room heading to the bathroom getting ready for a good day at work.

As we prepared to leave the house, I shared with Kate that I preferred for her to drive this morning. I wasn't so certain how my back would feel. While driving I tried to have a conversation with Kate about a potential week-long trip.

I made suggestions throwing ideas out, a cabin in the Smoky Mountains, a nearby beach, Myrtle Beach, or even Virginia Beach. When I asked where she preferred, she simply told me it was my choice and that she looked forward to the time we could spend together, alone.

As we were pulling into the parking lot I saw Derrick's car was here early again.

I said to her, "Kate, I would like for you to ask Joe what is a good week in either January or February for you to go away. Would you do that for me dear?"

She smiled and nodded her head, "Of course my love, time spent with you is time well spent. Beth." She looked up at me and paused, "Miss" she was hesitant, "I am sorry about this morning. I really appreciate you telling me more of what you want."

As I leaned over to kiss her, another serious jolt of pain shot up from my butt to the middle of my back and down again. Trying to hold back I winced in pain again.

"Beth, are you okay? I am very worried about this. This seems to be more than just a back ache."

"I am fine, just a little back pain." I kissed her. "Baby! I have told you I am trying and I will do anything for you. Now, let's go get a date for Thanksgiving. Then, I must focus on work for a while. I need to make some more money for our baby."

Kate just smiled from ear to ear as we both stepped from the car and went inside.

As I walked past Derrick's cubicle I asked, "Hey you got a minute? Kate and I were hoping to ask you something."

He nodded. I picked up my phone and called Kate telling her we would be outside. I walked outside to the smoking area. I didn't hear Derrick following me but I waited in the smoking area, I watched Kate and Derrick walking together chatting, as they stopped I commented.

"This nice to see you two chatting. Catching up on anything specific?"

"No Beth, just general chit chat." Kate stated. I nodded to her.

"Derrick", Kate spoke up. "Beth and I, along with Frances, Beth's mother, would like you to join us for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow."

She paused, looked at me and I smiled. We both turned towards him and kissed his cheeks, mine his left, Kate his right.

"Derrick, we want you to come, spend some time with us. No strings attached. No foolishness, just dinner and friendship." He looked at me and nodded his head.

"3:00 pm, or earlier." I winked, "Dress casual and comfortable."

Kate kissed his cheek again and hugged him. "Thank you Derrick. I am very happy you will join us. I can't wait for dinner tomorrow. Oh and please know I dislike football but if you like the sport, you and Dan can watch while Beth and I make fun of the games."

Kate continued saying, "Hockey, Derrick. Ice Hockey is our game. I hope you like or at least understand the game of hockey." She winked at him.

Derrick turned and walked away. I grabbed Kate's elbow, "What was that a little flirtatious wink?"

"Not a flirtatious wink Miss, I meant nothing by it. I am not leading him on flirtatiously." She lowered her head, "I apologize Miss."

Reaching for her chin, I lifted it gently wanting to see her eyes and expression.

"I am okay with you flirting with Derrick. In fact, allow me to encourage you but you belong to me baby. You are mine! I need you to be as comfortable around him as possible."

I lowered my hand from her chin, leaning forward kissing her softly then placed my hand on her stomach saying "I want him to seed your eggs making our baby. Isn't that what we want Kate?"

Kate looked at me, placing her hand over top of mine. "Please Miss for you and for Frances, I need him." She smiled wide, "I want a baby and to give you and us the family we want. Yes Miss please!"

I kissed her lips quickly and whispered in her ear, "Kate, my dream is for him to give both of us a child for our family."

We went back inside focusing on work. It was mid-morning when Liz walked around to everyone's cubicle announcing that Ken and Monica were closing the office at 1:00 and that we need not come back until Monday. Happy Thanksgiving!

The next hour or so seemed to go by quickly but I was so focused on my work. I hadn't been out of my chair nor had I enjoyed a cup of coffee since we chatted with Derrick or left the house this morning. It was around 11:30 when I decided I needed a break; a coffee break.

I grabbed my coffee cup and stood, or shall I say tried. As I tried to stand, I felt my back tighten. Suddenly there was a ridiculous jolt of pain from the bottom right side of my back to the base of my neck. I screamed in pain and fell to my knees.

In the process, I grabbed my back with my right hand and with my left hand; I latched onto the desk for balance. In the process I dropped my coffee cup on the floor.

Derrick and Darren jumped up from their cubicles when they heard my scream coming over to check on me. One on each side bending down asking if I needed help or is I was alright. I was in so much pain it hurt to breathe. The next thing I knew Liz was standing near me along with Nikki.

"How embarrassing is this? A girl can't even stand and get coffee" Still on my knees, I tried to laugh while making a joke but that hurt even worse.

Once more as I tried to stand, another painful and sharper jolt ran up my back dropping me instantaneously to the floor laying on my side. The worst part of it, the pain was so great that it brought tears to my eyes as I laid on my side curled up in the fetal position.

I heard Derrick's voice. He was trying to get me to calm down and take slow breaths. Soon I heard Kate's voice. Her words were soft but her voice was trembling. I could feel her touching my hand, trying to help.

I tried to move but the pain was so great I was unable to. It was a few seconds later, I tried to move again but as before, the pain was so great I cried out again. I heard someone mention an ambulance and hospital.

"No!" I tried to say, "I just need to relax a bit, there will be no ambulance and/or hospital."

While kneeling next to me, Kate tried to speak, asking for me to please understand they are all worried and trying to help.

"No, please I am too busy." I said softly trying to relax, "I just need a minute to relax."

What seemed like an eternity, but certainly wasn't long at all, Liz knelt down next to me whispering that she really didn't want to spend Thanksgiving on the floor with me and that this twenty minutes of playtime needed to be over. Then she giggled, suggesting I go to the hospital as this didn't appear to be normal.

I gave in and agreed. "Let me try and stand."

I tried to move my legs in an attempt to possibly get up but the pain just increased ten-fold causing me to scream again.

"Liz, Derrick" I heard Kate say, her voice trembling. She was shaken, "Call an ambulance and get her to the hospital, please." Her voice was broken; I could hear the fear in her words.

As I lay there still on the floor, Kate, still kneeling held my hand and with her other stroked my hair trying to calm me. Time just passed slowly, the pain increased at each attempt I made to move. I started to get really concerned when my legs started to tingle and I had a major headache. Neither Derrick nor Kate left my side.

"Derrick'" I tried to speak softly without worrying Kate. "Derrick, my legs they are tingling, going numb, something is wrong." I heard Kate start to cry, "Derrick help Kate, please take care of Kate."

"Baby, I will be fine, Kate baby, I will be fine, it's just my back."

The medics arrived. Ken had met them outside in the parking lot and walked them over to my cubicle. Derrick and Kate backed away but not before Derrick gave them a quick synopsis including heart rate and breaths per minute.

The female medic started asking me questions; I did my best to answer. Most of my answers were just head nods which were also painful. The pain increased as I tried to take deep breaths and tried to speak.

At one point I heard Kate interject that I had been having pain for the last few days but she thought nothing of it. I had discounted each episode and nothing serious.

After a few minutes she said to me that they were going to roll me onto my back so I could lay flat on the hard back board. She asked a second or third time if I had twisted my neck for which I denied again. She then told me once I was on the board, they would lift me to the stretcher. The medic told me it was going to hurt and suggested I try to slow my breathing by taking as many slow and deep breaths as possible.

The amount of pain I felt was indescribable. I had never felt this level of pain ever. It was greater in intensity than I could have ever imagined. Once on the stretcher, the medics really went to work. I had an oxygen tube in my nose; they were taking my blood pressure and then started moving me out to the ambulance. It was then I was slightly comforted when I heard Liz tell Derrick that he was to take Kate to the hospital.

"Don't forget to let me know how she is. I will let Ken and the teams know." Liz instructed.

Once in the ambulance they started an IV. The same female medic then told me she was going to administer a little bit of pain medicine but would need to wait for more until I was at the hospital.

I nodded and started crying. "Ma'am" I breathed, she leaned closer, "I can't feel my legs." That's when the panic really kicked in and the tears flowed.