All Comments on 'Life on Another Planet Ch. 23-27'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Interesting twist, looking forward to what your plans are with it.

TootsallTootsallover 6 years ago
I know this is already written but

I can't help feeling you had difficulty with this plot. Although it is a twist to the usual time traveller story, it seems to be swimming around and not really going anywhere. Girls popping in and out and sometimes back in again, people getting "left behind" and (sometimes refound)...confusing. This is the first of your stories that make me feel this way; I hope you have a clear destination in mind with all of the loose strings tied up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
"Deja Vue"

This story reminds me of another I once read on this site. It was very long, mysterious and exciting. In the end, it was revealed that all of it was in the mind of a patient confined to a mental hospital.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Great story keep it going all 5's so far

dropshot67dropshot67over 6 years ago
Didn't see that comming.

Great turn. Curious to see where he goes from here

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
I agree...and love what you are doing with this!

Don't want to wait and see where you go next with this one!

AxelottoAxelottoover 6 years ago
Hated this swerve...

it invalidates everything before, you might as well have gone with "It was just a dream..."

One unbelievable premise set the stage, followed by a reasonable working out of his situation. Plus you built up a cast of interesting characters. Suddenly, you dump them for good with another unbelievable premise, so why should I ever care about any of them at all? This is as lame as TV writing.

Next time he'll wake up in 1911 and have to go to Sicily to kill Michael Corleone's grandfather. No reason, he'll probably take twenty chapters, raise a family, then POW, you'll drop him off in 1961 again. Fuck it. You have caused me to utter the Eight Deadly Words, "I don't care what happens to these people," and if I'd read this in physical format, I'd have chucked it at the wall right then.

Up to now I'd have given this a solid 4.5, but this last chunk had dropped it to a 2.0 in my opinion. I am disappoint.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Oh no, not the reset switch!

This is starting to feel like a mashup of Twelve Monkeys, K-Pax and Groundhog day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You need to research auto technology a bit more thoroughly.

Cars in 2012 did NOT have collision avoidance. It was only 3-5 years ago that the only way to have a camera on a car was to add it, and those were only backup cams. I have one I got from a friend's car after he died. He had added a license plate frame camera to his SUV. It was the first time I'd seen one, and thought it was cool. It was the next model they first appeared on new cars.

It's been since then collision avoidance has become available on new cars.

If you're going to write a time-travel story, things like this are important to get right.

GeoD

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous