All Comments on 'Life Raft'

by Michael_Butterfield

Sort by:
  • 173 Comments (Page 2)
PalerobinPalerobinabout 7 years ago
Excellent

Every so often, a story comes up where I wish I hadn't been quite so free with my 5 stars. This story hit me on so many levels it deserves more than 5 stars.

Way to go mister. I can't see how you can write a sequel to this, but really hope you do.

Keep writing please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well Done

5 stars isn't sufficient enough to grade such an excellent piece of writing..I hope you continue to write, you have a talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Lifeboat

Beautiful story. Excellently written and flows like the river they rode.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Great story. Finally features a volleyball player who, unlike other Lit story characters,

is taller than 5'2"

AZPTRAZPTRover 6 years ago
Beautiful story

I was wishing it was longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
well written without exagerations

Some nice turns and surprises. Somewhat long , but keeps your interest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Unexpected treasure

I found the story by accident... awesome work! Strong characters, and not over the top. Well done, many thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

The story was beyond excellent. It didn't drag anywhere. Outstanding character development. The loving was sweet and carefully done. You reached all the important points in each scene. What impressed me the most was that both lead characters were prepared for their loving encounter. I like how you ended the story in the last few pages. IMHO no sequel is required. As a side note - you have very good editors. There may have been a pebble or two in the story road but I didn't notice a single one.

A most enjoyable read. I can identify with Jessica and the treasure she found. Thanks for taking the time to write and share.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UNBELIEVABLE

First, unbelievable that such a confluence of events could happen in less than 24 hours. Second, unbelievable that someone could tell such a tale. But one of these two unbelievable things did occur -- the story. About halfway through, I realized the string of amazing events that were occurring and wondered how the author could come up with more. But come up with more he did right to the very end of the 12 page masterpiece.

I tried to think how this tale could be improved. Maybe make it more believable? But that would lessen the tenseness and the gripping quality. So if there is a perfect story in Literotica, maybe this is it. Unbelievable!

At first, thought it kinda long (12 pages), but happily read on into the night, finishing with a smile on my face.

Wish there were a bunch more 12 page (or longer) stories by Michael_Butterfield instead of just one.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Love rescued

An absolutely fabulous story. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Loved it.

I think for those of us who demand justice with our karma, the mugger should have been caught. They would have DNA samples from the sperm on her breasts. May e finding him already dead from an overdose would be enough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wonderful tale

Not normally one for athletic ladies, but your tale was so sexy and well written that I enjoyed it emensely. Thank you for writing this, it's such a lovely story with a beautifully karmic ending, I kind of want to see if they got their happily ever after, but at the same time I realise that this is the happy ending too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Amazing work

Thanks for posting, this is the fourth or fifth time I've come back to read it, and enjoy it just as much each time.

HecatesChildHecatesChildabout 6 years ago
So freakin ' mushy!

I've never read a story twice in this site so this will be yet another first in this story. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great Story

good stuff

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
GREAT STORY!!!!!!

One of the best stories I have ever read on any story sight, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The Ultimate Hookup!!

This combined so many elements: damaged people, outdoor relaxation, nudity in public/embarrassment, treacherous friends... to name a few. (Notice the obligatory Shelby Mustang.) And they became seamless when I thought about how quickly friendships form among GenX.

A real test of the tale is whether readers speculate about Jessica's experiences with the Olympic team, or Sean's with concerts. I certainly will.

5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Second reading

It was a wonderful story, smoothly and well told, with characters i identified with....thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well done.

Very nice story. Thank you very much.

I wonder if she will be able to join the olympic team. Covering a virgin womb with loads of cum may cause pregnancy... ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Excellent story!

One of the best I have ever read. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very Good

I think a little more trust building would have been helpful before the dark life stories or at least more talk about a leap of faith, but otherwise quite enjoyable! Thank you for writing it!

caxtorcaxtorover 5 years ago
Great story

Wow

What a great read

Keep up the great work

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Are you insane?

This is crap, totally unrealistic...

tweeter in a raft, naked people, desperate virgins... come on!

in your dreams, in your dreams

silly nonsense

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
Pretty far out

And enjoyable ,very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
great story

Love this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Unbelievably sweet

Ill agree its a bit unrealistic but it sounds believable enough i enjoyed reading your work immensely! Truly erotic and humorous 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ from me!😊

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
#1

Best I’ve read here, and I’ve been hanging around literotica for 10/12 years.

linnearlinnearalmost 5 years ago
Good Story

That was a very nice love story, it was a good read.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Very good story

Great love story. Interesting to the end. Sean is one hell of a lucky guy. Jessica sounds like a dream to me.

sammymachsammymachover 4 years ago
you are that best

The writer is well articulate and the story is enjoyable to read

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
MASTERFUL!

Very, very well written. The obvious had been stated in the preceding comments, it's a rare gem in the ocean of contributions.

Lynn0012Lynn0012over 3 years ago
First Rate

I very much enjoyed the story - good plotting and dialog!

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanusover 3 years ago
Good Story

Thanks for the well written and plausible strory

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

That was the third (or fourth?) time for me. Truly one my very favorites on Literotica. Are these published elsewhere for sale? Thanks very much.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

By the way, great piano program at University of Colorado when Larry Graham was there. Used to tangentially know some instructors affiliated with the College of Music (years ago!). Go Buffs!

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

After reading Michael_Butterfield's latest story, I came back and reread life-raft again after several years. It has stood the test of time and I appreciate it even more this time around after having read so many others on Lit.

RosilinRosilinabout 3 years ago

I didn't realize the main character would be taller than average when I started reading this, but I was pleasantly suprised. So much about how they felt about their height was extremely familiar, good and bad, especially Jessica's part. There is more I'd add though.

Being tall I can't tell you how many times people thought that calling me an Amazon was a compliment, it wasn't.

I was forced into the "strong, independent woman" role as a pre-teen, before I even realize who I was. Most of the guys I was around thought that not being as strong or physically able as this "Amazon woman" isn't unmanly, she's almost one of the guys already.......

Ironically, it seems that most of the guys that find an "Amazon" attractive barely come up to my chin (which they find perfect for hugs...), where as taller guys are often "white knights" and preferred cute girls that they could protect; shorter in height or not. They don't get that gratification with an "Amazon".

I cannot tell you how many times I have heard some sarcastic or rude remarks about being "worth the climb" or not. Im not a tree nor some mountain, and more often than not, they aren't worth stooping down to their level.

Thankfully my husband is exactly my height, which is average for a guy. We've talked about the differences quite often.

THIS IS A STEREOTYPE, there are always exceptions to the rule, but I often find that taller folk tend to be more compassionate, gentle and often abit of a pushover, until you push them too far. Where as shorter people are fiesty, and act as if they have something to prove. They tend to think that nobody will notice them down there and if they aren't aggressive then they will be forgotten or taken advantage of.

I agree that especially women below 5'4" do get pushed around by random strangers more so than women over 6ft, but being tall doesn't make you immune to assholes, those assholes just use different tactics with tall people.

Again, the bullying and feelings of being "too much" for some, was all too real, but I'm thankful that Mr. Butterfield didn't just stick her with a shorter guy just to show that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. We all know that thought there are stereotypes, but people are individuals and should be treated individually. BUT it really isn't the princess's job to reform the beast. It's ok if she ends up with a prince who is actually a good guy that she finds attractive from the beginning. Characters can develop on so many levels and really found this one to be personally encouraging

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is bullshit. A State controlled river rafting area with rapids would require all users to wear full life jackets while on the river!

orestes08orestes08over 2 years ago

I mean, it's a decent story with a nice happy ending, but it's so unbelievably unrealistic. One conversation completely overcomes almost 2 years of grief and guilt? Seriously? And instantly fixes his psychosomatic impotence as well? Likewise with Jessica, I don't care if actual Tom Cruise tells someone that emotionally scared that she's sexy, it's not going to overcome a lifetime of emotional damage in 15 minutes. And she goes from full on crippling body image issues to having sex in public in a day? The whole things just reeks of the worst kind of dismissive bullshit attitudes about mental illness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is sort of like a Clive Cussler novel. Lots of action? Check. Loathsome villain? Check. Improbable but barely possible? Check. Author sucked me into the story? Check. I enjoy Clive Cussler novels. This story, too. 5 stars. Now to look at the rest of this author’s catalog.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not the first time I’ve read this and enjoyed it every single time. Well done.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars i like this story.

jsh1138jsh1138over 2 years ago

This story is ridiculous

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Good story. It' s fiction num nuts..

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uover 2 years ago

Fantastic read, I agree with anonymous Clive Cussler fan, I'm one too. It was a story you couldn't put down and the setting was perfect having done floats and white water myself. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

the part of the other guys fondling jessica kinda ruined the story for me but other than that it was good

TulipfuzzTulipfuzzover 2 years ago

Great read. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I loved this story, would be perfect for a sequel where they have moved to CU and are struggling with their relationship/living together/chasing their dreams. I know I always want more from great stories, I can't help but wonder if they see Ethan and his friends again, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

OMG what a GREAT story. It’s almost like there are 3 shorts stories tied together. Each humorous in its own. Together they create a wonder filled story line. Thank you for the posting the updated version. It was GREAT! 😄

Po8pPo8pabout 2 years ago

Honestly, I take myself for the most private person ever but this piece of art is a heck of a gift.

I can see how anyone can end up in a situation like that, a relatable story is always wonderful

Thanks so much, we're much obliged to you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Outstanding!!! What a fun story, thanks so much for writing and posting it!

Jim

MeBr123MeBr123almost 2 years ago

What a fun story, thank you!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I had to turn 40 before finally getting the chance to go swimming in the nude, and I was positively astonished by how good it felt to go swimming without any textiles sticking to my skin. Ever since, I wish I wouldn't have to cover my boobs all the time. Males can show their bare chests, whereas females are being told that boobs are somehow indecent. Most unfair, innit?

As for the story, Michael Butterfield never seems to disappoint. Excellent writing and a story I would have enjoyed reading even if it didn't have these hot explicit sex scenes in it. For the future, I can see Sean and Jessica meet with Ethan's crew again, except this time they might want to take the whole thing a little further. I can see them all have sex with their respective partners next to each other. No need in them touching each other. Sometimes just watching can be a major turn-on.

From my own preference, I wish there'd be at least some anal sex involved, simply because that's what I like best, but I take it this isn't the author's cup of tea. Either way, Mr. Butterfield, thanks a ton for sharing your work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Outstanding story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Make a good movie

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

2nd time I read this and it's still a great story. A little too long but good. Still think Randi, the other 2 girls willing to leave Jessica alone and naked on the river need much more punishment. Kevin and Randi's BF need more punishment too.

GradStudentGradStudentover 1 year ago

A very good story and the sex was pretty good too.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 1 year ago

Some stories I wondered how they get such high scores, this was not one of them. Pretty amazing story, a breeze to read despite the length. A lot of pain but more healing, nice bit of revenge towards the end with the promise of more. The part with the father in law in particular jumped out at me, the just plain cruelty of it but glad Sean got some help to get over it. 5 stars and faved.

Cor007Cor007about 1 year ago

Just as great a story 2nd time around!

RangeExpanderRangeExpanderabout 1 year ago

This is a wonderful story full of kindness and compassion in the face of the nasty things in this world. And It is a plus to have sexual energy bubbling along all the way

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another great hit! I have been captivated by your skills and imagination and have lost many potentially productive hours reading everything you've posted. I sincerely hope there will be more and that I'll be fortunate enough to to find it!

Marklynda2Marklynda29 months ago

A story of healing wounds and wounding heels. A very well thought out and written story. I definitely look forward to reading more of your work. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

lincolnleolincolnleo4 months ago

Great story, I hope you do a follow-up

WriterPerson314159WriterPerson3141594 months ago

I love stories about broken people finding love, and this was excellent.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

OUTSTANDING !!!

texlootexloo3 months ago

I love new love. I love petty revenge. This is a really fun story. Thank you.

AuroraAccidentAuroraAccident17 days ago

A great story. I want to be clear that I really enjoyed it and I'm offering the rest of this comment as constructive criticism because I want you to keep writing and putting out more terrific stories.

I think I preferred Imperfections slightly. Sean wasn't as instantly likable as Alan.

I think what might have helped would have been if Alex was a bit more subtle about how much of a POS he is. If we, the reader, had more of a reason to question whether Alex is as much of a garbage human as it turns out at the end. Maybe some more backstory early on explaining why Sean is putting up with him.

The tantric aspect of the story... I sorta wish it had been woven in a bit more naturally. Sean springs it on us a bit out of the blue. It's one of those story elements where I'm not sure if it helps us know and like the characters any better. The more I think about it, the more I find myself thinking "Was there any REAL payoff for the tantric talk?" There is some inner monologue where he says he's relying on it to hold off, but at no point was it essential.

Some more foreshadowing regarding Ethan's celebrity status would have also been appreciated.

As I'm writing this, I realize each of my criticisms come down to one thing. I wanted this to be longer. I wanted you to give us more. And since my feedback for Imperfections was also to expand on the story, apparently I like your writing and just want more of it.

Guess that means I should get ready to read Promises.

I look forward to reading more of your pieces.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMichael_Butterfield@Michael_Butterfield
The first fiction I ever wrote (outside of grade school assignments anyway) was a short piece of erotica that I first shared here at Lit. Somehow an Editor’s Choice award was bestowed upon it, but at my request that early and clumsy effort was eventually removed and I focused ...

SIMILAR Stories