All Comments on 'Life Raft'

by Michael_Butterfield

Sort by:
  • 173 Comments
rflikeslitrflikeslitalmost 10 years ago
Outstanding

What a great fun read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

great story

LustKnightLustKnightalmost 10 years ago
Brilliant!

Engaging story, likeable and realistic characters, hot sex, well written. 5*, would read again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loved it

I absolutely loved this story. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great reading

I was well into the story before I realized it is 12 pages long. I usually don't read "novels' here but glad that I made an exception. Outstanding story, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great

That was a great read. I sure hope you write more. Thanks again for a great story.

maninmontanamaninmontanaalmost 10 years ago

More twists and turns than a Category 5 float! Loved it.

harristharristalmost 10 years ago
Excellent Story

Very good, look forward to more from your mind and pen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
excellent

Excellent story, very well written and some really funny stuff in there.....look forward to seeing more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Very well written! Length made me worry if I'd finish it, but next thing I knew it was over! Looking forward to more from you..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Excellent First Contribution!

Nice story line, smooth twists & turns to make the reader pay attention without having to take notes or use a game card and good character personalities for the main players, no super heroes or radical whores.

BRAVO!! I look forward to more of your work!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Outstanding

I really liked how the story flowed. Everything made sense in a natural way. Everything was believable as a true story. I could easily identify with Jessica and live her experience with her. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an outstanding story. Your literary skills couldn't be better. They made it a wonderful experience all the way through. Good natural ending that wasn't rushed. The sex parts were all in good taste. The length was perfect to tell the complete story. It was a page turner. The only thing I would suggest is that you add tags for "romance", "first time", and "erotic couplings".

Lonely_readerLonely_readeralmost 10 years ago
Outstanding piece of writing

Thanks for sharing!

rock240rock240almost 10 years ago
Just Right

This story has everything. I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed the the sex. Great job and thanks for posting it.

magicwillmagicwillalmost 10 years ago
ATTABOY!!

Very nice story...well executed storyline and evocative sexual content. Keep up the good work :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow!

I wasted a perfectly good hour reading this story. I am planning to waste another perfectly good hour re-reading it in the near future. Great job! One of the best stories I've read on this site. Keep writing! Maybe another chapter?

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusalmost 10 years ago
A star is born!

Thank you, Michael Butterfield, for gracing Literotica with your handiwork. I have straightaway added you to my list of favorite authors, and look forward to your further contributions.

Your character development is masterful. Two splendid, wounded people, each considering him/herself gawky and unattractive, are thrown together by a confluence of unusual but believable circumstances, share their vulnerability with each other, and find redemptive love. Brilliantly done.

A quibble: "Erotic Coupling" is a catch-all category. I believe that "First Time" captures more accurately the essence of this magnificent story. In every sense, it's the story of Jessica's first time. In Sean's case, it's the first time in every sense that matters.

I am a better human being for having read your story. Thank you.

pebbzpoopebbzpooalmost 10 years ago
Keep on writing

Kudos! Truly the best story I've ever read here. Agree with previous posts- laughed, cried- full of emotion and perfectly described erotica. Couldn't stop reading. I'm adding you to my favorites and will reread in the near future. A truly gifted author! Good luck with future writings :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thank you

I really appreciate your writing, the story, and overall the full story... Because it's a pain to come back looking after the sequels....

Cheers and keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Please do sequel!

The only thing that could make this story even better is a follow up story. Next month or next year, I don't care. It was awesome and I want more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Kudos!

I thought, good Lord, this is a long story, but loved every minute of it! Thank you for a well written piece. I look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Truly phenomenal

Please for the writing community submit thus to a publisher! You are a very gifted writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great write....

Can't believe I found it here, thanks for sharing.....bill

CallMeABritCallMeABritalmost 10 years ago
This story took my breath away

After three pages (with nine to go) I was at the point of quitting. Then the story took off, the quality of the writing kept me there, and the enjoyment factor from the human interactions gathered me in its embrace and refused to let go. This is an absolutely fabulous story. As already commented, I look forward to a continuation of this, whenever in the future that occurs. Thank you, Michael. You are a real credit to Literotica.

SophisticateTSophisticateTalmost 10 years ago
Please Continue

One of the best I have read at this site. Please continue to write and publish.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great Writing!

What a fantastic, well-written story. You have a gift. I hope you continue to submit stories here, because this one was great! Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Beautiful

It felt real yet fairytale life at the same time if that makes sense. Might be the best I've read on this site. Thank you.

krazicat99krazicat99almost 10 years ago
Great story

This is the best I have read on the site. I look forward to more soon.

Canadian_BeanieCanadian_Beaniealmost 10 years ago
Truly well done ....

I've been reading stories on this site for over a decade. This was definitely one of the best I've ever read ... well done, keep up the writing & posting on Literotica ... I look forward to ready more of your penned workmanship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Oh dear

It was going ok, albeit extremely long winded, when the whole how-my-wife-was-murdered-story popped up. That totally killed the mood and was either too heavy a subject to be dealt with in such a short story, or not taken as seriously as it should have - you don't jump someone's bones within the same day of them telling you something like that... at least the kind of sex partners I look for wouldn't...

kypsaliskypsalisalmost 10 years ago
Outstanding

You had me on the edge of my seat a couple of times. Absolutely the best thing I've read on this site to date.

suzypfonnesuzypfonnealmost 10 years ago
Wow!

I am so pleased to have read a story that didn't leap into raunchy sex. Yes, I do enjoy reading dirty stories, but sometimes I want more meat to it. Like others, I identified with the characters. I connected so well, in fact, I found myself very upset and far from horny when I reached the description of Amanda's death. I was slightly worried that I wouldn't find myself aroused after that. The beauty of your writing is that even with that thought, I couldn't stop reading there. You had pulled me into your story line and I needed to know what was going to happen, I needed to know they'd be okay. The connection you allowed us to make with Jessica and Sean made it possible to feel their passion and growing comfort with each other. It also made for some amazing love scenes. Turns out, I hadn't needed to worry about feeling hot and bothered, the story took care of that, too. I've read many stories here on lit, but this is one of, if not THE best. It's erotica yes, but literature as well. This is what other authors strive for, congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

A great story: Love vs sex, good vs evil. One of the best !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great

This was awesome! Loved everything from the plot to the themes! Great read!

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassalmost 10 years ago
More, more, more!

This one definitely deserves a sequel. How does Jessica do in the Olympics? Does Sean open his own stock trading firm? Do they return to the river next year with the three couples they met? How does their romance turn out? Is the warden's back feeling better?

How could I not give it five stars? Too bad I couldn't give it ten. Oh, and good luck in the contest.

AMoveableBeastAMoveableBeastalmost 10 years ago

Very well-written. Starts a bit slow, but really impresses once it gets going.

Tarheels_FanTarheels_Fanalmost 10 years ago
FANTASTIC

This is an outstanding story. The character development is over the top, and the sex parts are very true to real life. I do hope another chapter is planned. if not, thank you very much for sharing this story and your talent. 5 *'s is way too low a score.

jande91jande91almost 10 years ago
Great story

One of the best we've read. Absolutely nailed on 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
OMG

I never put up comments on anything. Ever. Five stars isnt good enough. So for Jessica, i give it a full fifteen stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Amazing

Michael Butterfield has a well rounded ability to write and should submit this to a publishing house.

patientleepatientleealmost 10 years ago
Nice, feel-good story.

Very pleasant read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A real Nude Day winner...!

I need to confess. I started reading this before the contest was over and couldn't seem to get past the Alex-hole portion in the beginning. Now I'm wishing I had finished and I could give you more than one "five." Actually I would love a "five" for myself. Well written!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Awesome story

Not many stories on this site worthy of a full 5, and this is easily one of the best!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
really awesome

there is a lot of low quality here, but this one is brilliant!

I'll be checking whether you publish more - nr1 in this contest for me!

TooCleverByHalfTooCleverByHalfalmost 10 years ago
Well Done!

The long ones don't usually hook me that well, but I read every word and loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
awsome, filled with emotions

This is such a nice story. With all the things beyond sex. I love all the emotions, the compassionate guy... It's the best ever. Please go on writing quality stuff like that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Great character development in a short story setting. I am looking forward to more like a reunion on the river or a follow up in Colorado. Great compassion, tenderness and empathy leading up to a great love story. I was put off by the 12 pages at first. When the other winning writers did not hold up to the story you treated us to I had even more remorse as it should have been #1.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
better read than most

Hi, thanks for this. Quite enjoyable, its nice to see a story with proper punctuation and attention to detail. There are some issues: Could have done without the hero being a rich trader; it's another version of cheap porn. Also the Amanda shooting was overworked; I appreciate you needed an emotional springboard to attach Sean to Jessica but the Lazarus penis was a bit hard to take (except for Jessica). Also the evil characters, too much! Too Disney old school, tone it down! They all detract from Jessica, who is the main character and should shine more. The revenge thing in the end detracted from the erotic charge, too, it all gets too crowded. If you had just let the attraction play out, you wouldn't have needed all the bells and whistles, like Ethan being a Hollywood star. Let your obvious writing talent take care of rubbing the two characters together. I liked Jessica a lot and nearly liked Sean.

FullupwithitFullupwithitalmost 10 years ago
Great Story & Well Written!

In 2 &1/2 years of reading stories here, This was Best By Far! Thank You Michael_Butterfield

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you

Excellent story; well written and good story line. I'd like to read more of yours - I'd like to read your published work as well.

You've probably already grown a thick skin about anonymous negative comments about your writing, if not, hope you can/do. It's always easier to complain than create. If they don't like your work, they should show all of us how well they can do.

RomanceLivesRomanceLivesover 9 years ago
one of my favourites

Michael_Butterfield has written a story that is at turns sexy, exciting, funny, sad, romantic and erotic. This is by far one of the best stories I have read.

RomanceLivesRomanceLivesover 9 years ago
Should have been first place

What an excellent story. It’s no surprise that it won a prize; the surprise is that it didn’t win first place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Rarely do I read a long story

but this one was very well written, erotic and kept my attention. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Very good story, very well thought out, and very well written! Awesome job!!!

I normally try not to read stories this long, but I'm really glad that I decided to read this one!

Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
How was this 3rd?

I have now read every story that placed in this contest. This was the best one by far. Great piece of writing that deserved 1st place. Hopefully we can see even more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Extremely good story

Just out of curiosity, is that the Kern? I think I recognized the jumping rocks.

You've got a fine touch as a writer. Have to keep an eye out for other stuff you contribute.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Absoloutly amazing.

Man I cannot say how epic this story is. May sound odd, but it's nice to read a story you can tell was written by a thinking adult. Fucking is fun, but love making shadows it so deeply that it isn't even comparable. And a Shelby never hurt anything. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
One of my favorites!

Thank you so much for this story. It was well-written and a huge turn-on, which are sometimes interrelated. I always appreciate reading the pieces on here that were written carefully and thoughtfully. Hopefully you'll share some of your other writing with us in the future. Sorry you didn't win first!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
add more please!!!

One or more chapters would be great to continue the story, Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
awesome

I loved this story. I'm looking forward to future submissions from you. Not only was the story captivating but it was well written and free of many of the errors that plague many of the writers here. Excellent work!

FreakbottenFreakbottenover 9 years ago
Wow..

I just wanted to let you know that this story convinced me

to join this site just to tell you how much I loved it. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What the...?

I stayed with it because of all the other comments of praise but now that I've gotten to the end I must ask: what...the...hell? A virginal, sexually repressed college kid marries the only woman he's slept with, who happens to have banged 40-50 men. They're happy enough but in spite of her history she doesn't put out much unless there's a thrill component to it. So they screw in a park where a 14yo kid holds them up, jacks off to them, and then shoots them both afterward. Husband survives, wife and fetus conveniently die, but he blames himself thanks to memory implantation performed by his physician father-in-law. Oh by the way, he's now permanently impotent at 24, but yet not a paraplegic.

Thank GOD he meets a naked Amazonian Olympic-class volleyball player who has a full bush, is sexually curious, somewhat repressed, and virginal at 21 (because she's also killer smart, having skipped 3rd grade, a grade no child skips). They have multi-orgasmic sex in a raft after he simply must apply SPF 50 on her sun-allergy cursed perfect body because she sadly gets needles in her hands. By the way this sex is possible because apparently she's a skilled psychotherapist with a specialization in memory regression, in addition to her accountancy expertise.

I'd continue but suffice it to say the only things missing were dancing munchkins, monkeys that spontaneously erupted from someone's ass, and Abraham Lincoln winning single-handedly WWII (but only after he cured Ebola and discovered perpetual motion). Oh, and don't forget the naked Tom Cruise wannabe.

If this was intended as fantastic satire, my hat is off to you because fantastic it indeed was and you played it totally straight. If this was meant to be erotic then I must return to the beginning and ask: W. T. F.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wtf

I read this story due to the ratings and I would have to say that the erotic parts were well-written. But I'm kind of scared to know what kind of sick fuck wrote this.

A creepy man's fantasy: his slut wife being shot in the head, becoming a millionaire off of her life insurance, some creepy economic system where the stock market has infinite growth, going to the beach with his dbag friend and showing him up in the end by landing the hot, Olympic Amazonian girl who is barely legal. And then she magically comes like 15 times at his touch like no man could ever do despite this guy having almost no sexual experience.

Also, it was kind of a boner shrinker reading about him and his wife being shot in the head.

Oh, and they fall in love after banging multiple times in one day? Discussing their future children and they just met? Comparing sex with this woman to his dead wife? Come on! Makes noooooo sense at all. I couldn't take this story seriously at all and felt like the creepiest guy alive wrote this. Nevertheless, it was hot ;)

I think I need a shower because I feel filthy.

entwined_tailsentwined_tailsover 9 years ago
A ride down the river

Thank you for writing this warm and highly enjoyable story. Great stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Screw the Naysayers

Bitchen' story it's got everything.Good guys,Bad guys,Adventure,and the Hero gets the girl and the Bad guys get well and truly HOSED.

Story deserves a 12.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago
A Swing and a Miss

The elements were all there, but they weren't assembled very well. Too much trust too fast. Too many implausible events.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great read

I truly enjoyed this story. Loved the main characters and how it developed. I was glad that there were no spelling, grammer, or punctuation mistakes. Those are some of my biggest pet peeves and I've quit reading some submissions when there has been too many. Thanks for submitting this; hope to see more from you!

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 9 years ago
please write some more

Loved it but I think it should have been in the romance category. T

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Yes!

This is the best story ive ever read on here! Absolute 10/10!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Amazing!

Absolutely loved it! Hope you publish more here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
All "porn" reading aside, really good read! So many of these all focus on the sex portion that there is no character development, plot, surrealism, etc. Well done, sir. Keep writing; I'll keep reading. :)

Great development, great characters. Brought the mental aspects of interaction into view. I really enjoyed it. This is actually the first (of many read) that I found it important to review beyond "stars". I can tell that some actual work went into the story's lining. Thanks, M.B.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Please write some more

This is great. More story than sex so much more interesting to read. More in a similar style would be most welcome. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Pleasant afternoon read

Thanks for a warm,loving story, looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Bravo!!!

Outstanding read!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow! One of the best I've read!

Wow! One of the best I've read! I hope you write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
fantastic story.

Loved all the details thruout the story

PapakohoPapakohoover 9 years ago
A Great Story!

Extremely well composed, well written, with great attention to detail ! Without a doubt one of the best I have read. Please write more to share with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Very well written and a great read. I thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Delightful story

entertaining & engaging

interesting & intriguing .

remarkably well written .

xxxhugsxxx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Great, great story. Enjoyed it very much.

VespertineOzVespertineOzabout 9 years ago
Great story ...

Great job, amazing read and well thought out.

Keep going

TootsallTootsallabout 9 years ago
I Hope You Write More

Michael. That was a fun story. 5*

nighthawk22204nighthawk22204almost 9 years ago
No question

about it. This is an absolutely superior story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A very good read

A piece of erotic fiction with actual characters and an interesting storyline. Makes a nice change from the usual 'sex at every conceivable (and otherwise) opportunity' mashed in with bad grammar and appalling spelling. I will look out for more by Michael Butterfield . . .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Truly one of the best on this site or any erotic or fiction website.

What a wonderful story. Please write more. I was hoping there'd be another by now. Don't deprive us of your amazing gifts.

sithonsithonover 8 years ago
5 stars.

A great story about two people that find their soulmate through the malicious actions of so called friends.

brujaybrujayover 8 years ago
Excellent read

This is a great story with a lot of character development. I thoroughly enjoyed it and truly hope you will write more.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Brujay

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Beautiful, astoundingly beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Excellent

I do so agree with previous comments; this was an excellent story, beautifully written. I do hope you will post more, but thank you anyway for 'Life Raft'.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
the only

This is the only story here by this writer.

I'm starting to wonder if he has wandered off to become a professional?

With this as an early effort it would seem possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow!

Good job!...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Regrets

Beautiful wonderful story! My first regret is that sleazebag Randi is not going to jail for blackmail. That bitch deserves it!

My second regret is only one story from this writer. Hopefully he is working on his next one.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 8 years ago
I very much liked this story...

Alex and Jessica's "friends" are real pieces of work...

With the amount of money Sean has, they should almost be better off leaving Jessica's car where it is, putting it under surveillance, and then having even more criminal activities to nail Randi with when she gets revenge on Jessica...

Sean and Jessica are an amazing couple who really deserve good things happening to them... Hopefully, they can watch out for each other and keep each other from getting *more* "friends" like they had...

Hope to read more stories from you...

rodmo58rodmo58about 8 years ago
AwesOME!!

Outstanding story Michael!!

NegraGeishaNegraGeishaalmost 8 years ago
Excellent!! Intelligent Erotica!

I have been on this site for a while and there are some stories I have completely right but only if you I have been in love with. This one is at the top. I'm actually crushing on anew erotica story! That has never happened before. I love the way you told the story, with compassion, humor, intelligence and yes, erotica. That all those components could be in an erotica tale is amazing. Thank you for upping the ante and expectation.

Sir GalahadSir Galahadalmost 8 years ago
Thinking readers' erotica

I am delighted when I find a writer who, like me, understands that the plot drives the sex and not the other way around. You need to write more stories/novellas. Looking forward to anything you choose to share with us.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 8 years ago
Sob story that ruined the mood

it was entertainingly romantic with a bit of naughtiness until Sean's sob story then it just became unpleasant, way too much angst for my taste, Jessica's story was pretty awful though it paled in comparison, all in all I was just left with the impression that the author was a sadist to his characters.

Sean was also initially presented as a bit too much of a wimp for my taste.

FantaghiroFantaghiroover 7 years ago
Loved it ...

... so much. 5 stars, favourite author and story.

I love a story with a happy ending. I also love slow build up and a plausible story line. Even better when the baddies get their comeuppance. You write well. Please continue?

Fanny xx

quigs74quigs74over 7 years ago
Loved it!!!

Loved the build up, enjoyed the characters. Hope to see more stories from you.

auhunter04auhunter04about 7 years ago
blown out of the water

BRAVO BRAVO ENCORE

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMichael_Butterfield@Michael_Butterfield
733 Followers
The first fiction I ever wrote (outside of grade school assignments anyway) was a short piece of erotica that I first shared here at Lit. Somehow an Editor’s Choice award was bestowed upon it, but at my request that early and clumsy effort was eventually removed and I focused ...

SIMILAR Stories