All Comments on 'Life Review Ch. 00-01'

by Grizzly_Fiction

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good start

Cannot wait to read more and I hope this turns into one of those legendary series on this site. Keep up the good work :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This is a fantastic start and your writing is great. I legitimately felt emotional reading the first page or two and am really excited to see where this goes.

I wonder if you will end up roping Jenny into this adventure somehow too, given how much you established her character and some level of personal conflict between her and Cassidy. I look forward to seeing how you proceed.

SpookMeisterSpookMeisterover 5 years ago
Fabulous

Really nice start. I am looking forward to the rest

noodlyarmsnoodlyarmsover 5 years ago
Fun Start

Good stuff so far. Not a lot of good isekai stuff on this site, so I'm always happy to see some more. Looking forward to where we go from here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
This is a story where the woman drags a man against his will into doing a bunch of stuff that she wants

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it: Cassidy was dealt a bad hand in life, and she earned herself a second chance. That's fine, that plot bunny I approve, she earned it. What I absolutely don't approve is the fact that she purposefully dragged a man that was supposed to be her best friend against his will into that new world. That stuff about their souls being bound by that Celtic knot tattoo is obviously bull made up by Death, because that whole thing never figured into the equation until Cassidy pleaded with him to have Shawn dragged into this with her. She essentially orchestrated the man's catastrophic accident that brought him there. The bottom line is that Shawn was robbed of his choice. His fate is not his own. His fate and life in that new world depend on Cassidy because they bound it to her against his will -- And you mean to tell me that any man is supposed to enjoy himself with that state of things? That he's *not* supposed to think of it as a chore, that he's actually not supposed grow bitter toward her? Dude, his free will was taken away by another person's whim. Play semantics however you want, but that's slavery. Imprisonment at the very least.

The reason this bothers me so much is because I know and can see already that Shawn won't ever have any problems with this whole thing, and will become a willing pawn in this whole thing, when in fact he should have a giant problem with it. Too many "isekai" characters seem to share this trait, which makes it especially tiresome. And the worst of all is that this is actually well written, with good flow, good grammar, and very good interactions. But since good literature is hard to find, it is especially frustrating when a well-written work like this starts to advocate messed-up values such as those I mentioned up there.

I know this opinion of mine won't affect the story whatsoever, but I hope that it serves as a heads-up for other readers so they can decide whether they want to read a story with this type of premise or not.

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

Beautiful start!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGrizzly_Fiction@Grizzly_Fiction
I am an aspiring author of the Fantasy/Sci-fi Genre. I decided to try my hand out at writing in an erotic format to flex my literary muscles for a new challenge. I'm primarily a High fantasy/ Dark fantasy writer, and love playing with the suspension of disbelief and to try an...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES