Life Sucks

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I am looking at how I could overcome the real challenge which is finding conscientious staff. If I can, I'll look to do it. The amount of faulty work is unbelievable. A wrongly wired cable and connector could reduce the through speed to your computer by half if not more. You may see an improvement on the old system but nowhere near what it should be. You therefore may never notice but I do, badly wired connection, wrong cable. So many firms have had such poor-quality work in the past, they wait for me to be available.

"My reputation is such, I have no need to advertise. I have no website. I have work in the pipeline for the next two years and enquiries for beyond. Those companies are happy to look ahead to when an upgrade would be beneficial. When I install it will be the latest spec tailored to their needs not my profits. I'm not cheap."

The man continued, "Can you hack anybody? It seems to be all we hear about today. Ransomware."

I laughed, "Not my area of expertise. That's software. Some of the companies I have worked with can do it, even legally, on behalf of clients checking their security. I have no interest in it."

I saw his face clouding briefly at that nugget.

The meal was excellent and the service matched. I stuck to soft drinks. My companions were astounded that I had them bring the drink still in its bottle and opened in front of me. I explained, I'd seen too many people spiked for fun. If it happened to me, I could lose my reputation which would harm my business. (I was in their den and was taking suitable precautions but saying that wouldn't go down well, would it?)

After the meal we adjourned to the reception room for coffees. Amber approached me warily. She never enquired about whether or not I had enjoyed the meal, the company. She tried to persuade me to have my usual alcoholic drinks without success, which didn't go down well. Her eyes and body language showed her anger. She spent more time with Brough. I was never granted an audience with him. I'd tagged him as her lover due to her body language. They stayed so far away from me, my cufflinks wouldn't catch what they were saying. I did see a few who had been conversing with me speak with him. He tried to keep a smile on his face but his body language showed he wasn't happy. Good!

Over time I saw a pattern. I was never allowed to wander around the house as others were doing. There was always someone engaging me in conversation. It would have been about an hour and a bit after the coffees, I'd noticed Amber and Brough had been missing for more than a few minutes. They hadn't passed me so they must be to the rear of the building. I was saved trying to say I needed to go to the facilities as one of the others had an epileptic fit. My escorts/companions went to look after her.

I took advantage of the commotion to quickly move out of the room and head to the rear of the house. I soon heard Amber's voice with Brough. I pulled out the camera wire and my phone. I had them connected by the time I came almost upon them. They were in a room off by the rear staircase. I was able to thread the wire under the door as I hid away from any casual check.. I checked everything was recording. They were kissing like their lives depended on it. He took her breasts out. He fucked her and afterwards, she licked him clean. Whatever she said had them both laughing. As they straightened themselves, I drew further into the shadows under the staircase where I had hidden in case others came along..

Once they were clear of me, I put everything back in place in case I was discovered. Instead of heading back to the room, I headed out of the rear of the building. Amber had her car keys, so I made my way to the main road. It was a two mile walk home but if a taxi came I'd grab it. It was a bus.

Once home I changed. I was working away the next week but would start two days early. My van was already prepared but my caravan needed provisioned. I did that before taking the four-hour drive to that town. I pulled into the caravan site I had booked at 8 am. It wasn't a problem for them me being a day early. I am well known there. I contacted the owner of the business and we met there at 10am. I would have two long days without staff being in the way.

My phone had been ringing since not long after I'd returned home. I never replied. It wasn't a number I recognised. I didn't have my phone after all! It was mid-afternoon when my mother called me.

She was worried, "Walter, Amber is here. She is so worried about you. You left the party and won't answer her calls. What's wrong?"

I spoke firmly, "Mum, tell Amber to be out of my house before I come home on Thursday. Our marriage is over. It's totally unrecoverable. She just wants to know what I know. She'll find out in good time."

Mum wanted to know what had happened. I just said, "Ask Amber." I ended the call.

I worked though till 8 pm before grabbing a takeaway. My anger driving me passed the exhaustion of not having slept for ages. Once back in the caravan, I plugged my phone into my laptop. I had had the sound off on the phone as I didn't want to alert them. I had had no room to hide any ear pods. I watched to ensure it had downloaded before heading to bed.

I made the following notes as I viewed them again the next evening. I'd been too tired to even view them on Saturday evening.

As they were kissing, Brough was complaining that I was ruining his plan. By only drinking from unopened bottles, he couldn't have me fed sleeping pills. Amber was annoyed as she wanted me to wake up next to her, cum dribbling from her pussy and me unable to remember a night of loving. She laughed, "At least I won't have to wank the bastard to make him think he did the dirty deed."

Brough laughed and opened her dress exposing her tits. He was suckling them like a kid for the first time. His hand was up her gown playing with her cunt. Whores have cunts! He slipped her thong aside to reveal her bare cunt. Something she had always refused for me. She unzipped him and took his nondescript, definitely below average penis. She was adept at putting on his condom and slipped the little dick into her cunt. I never realised they did such small ones. He held her against the wall as he fucked her. He lasted about forty seconds. She never came.. Once he'd finished, she bent down and licked him clean after removing the condom. Again, something she'd never done to me! She was laughing, "I'll find him and kiss him. He'll never realise I'll have put your cum into his mouth."

Brough laughed, "Has he never realised you're fucking around on him?"

Amber smiled, "Oh, he strongly suspects. He's caught me a couple of times when I've had to shower at work. I told him I was at the gym. He'll be mad if he knows I'm gone. He may even play up. We can have him controlled and fuck in front of him. I'll use a strap-on on him. We'll record it and hold it over him. He'll never be able to do anything without it getting out. We'd better get going. Once he's asleep I'll come to your room."

They kissed.

I was stunned. Not at the adultery but at what she was planning. I had been just going to divorce the whore quietly but not now. He was going down as well!

The cufflinks had picked up quite a bit of chatter. The executives knew Brough was fucking her. They were sure I was there only so he could humiliate me. By not having drinks or coffees his plans were going wrong. It appears the executives operated a swingers club as they and their wives headed off to fuck others. At least Amber knew I'd have no truck with anything like that so she'd never mentioned it to me.

On Monday I contacted the software firm which had excellent hacking skills. I spoke with my friend there and explained everything. He wouldn't give me access to the software. "Walter, it's not just the software but the knowledge of how to use it. I'll do it and you'll have nothing linking you to it if it goes wrong." He asked a number of questions. I gave him Amber's email, phone and company contact details amongst others.

Three hours later, another company which specialises in security contacted me. I have worked for them and recommend their products if asked. My friend had spoken to them as he had concerns about my plan. They shared it. They explained their fears. It centred around Amber having access to my home.

I finished the work by Tuesday evening so enjoyed a day's rest before heading home on the Thursday. Once home, I checked all her belongings had gone. They were. She'd left her engagement and wedding rings as well beside my wedding ring. If it was subliminal that we should be together, it didn't work.

I called up the programme from the security company. I had limited access but they would work it fully if needed. The programme would show if Amber had allowed my home to be bugged. It checked my whole system. I had fibre optic cabling throughout my house instead of using a wireless router. It was full fibre optic to the street junction box about a quarter of a mile away. I saved a fortune by installing it all myself (as well as being tax deductible). It indicated there were numerous bugs. I called the company and spoke with my friend there. He told me how to find them. I used my camera wire to go behind ducts, sockets and spaces. I found twelve. He had been watching with me.

He said, "Your home is larger than normal. I'd expect at least another five probably seven. They are set to record audio if you speak to someone like me. Some are looking to collect your online and work activities. They cost over a thousand pounds each. Call Amber, tell her to have the firm come and collect them. Make sure he removes all the others. Tell him if any more are found afterwards, your friends will expose all of his records. Run the programme every time you come home. Change your locks."

After he rang off, I called Amber. She answered quickly, "Can we meet and speak?"

I laughed, "Too late for that. Have the company who put those bugs into my house come over within the hour. If they're not here, I'll explode them." She was gasping as I rang off.

When the guy arrived, I showed him the bugs in my microwave. He wasn't happy. I spoke determinedly, "Remove all the others you placed. I'm not getting dirty because of that arsehole and the whore. Once you say you've removed them all, I'll check again. If there are any still in place, I'll fry these. It may cost me a new microwave but cheap compared to what you'll lose. My friends will also hack you and expose all your records to the public." I added firmly, so he knew there was no bluff, "It's a one-time only offer!"

He was two hours removing all the others - nine in total. I found out the name of the firm from a card in his toolbox as he crawled underneath the main floor. I gave the details to my other friend. Before he had left my house, I knew he'd been employed by Brough. Brough was running scared. He should be!

I felt relief at what I had avoided. I was very sad about how I'd misjudged Amber. This was a whole different person to the one I thought I knew. I did change the locks.

Now I started a new game.

Part 2.

Over the next four weeks I had a daily call from Amber asking to meet. I refused. Her voice said she was worried. Tough. No one planted any more bugs in my home. I used a secured VPN and a new cloud service to store all the information I had on Brough and Amber. My friend used his firm's secure servers to store what he had found on them, or really him.

My parents visited when I was at home. They wanted me to speak with Amber. I asked, "Did she tell you the cause of why I'm going to divorce her?"

Mum said, "She hasn't done anything according to her. I'm surprised at you. You loved that girl with all your heart. If you cannot be in the same room as her, what did she do?"

I smiled, "Mum, I can't tell you. I will when this is over. Don't think she is concerned about me." My parents looked shocked at what I was suggesting.

Once my friend told me he had all the dirt on Brough and some of the other executives it was time to bring this to a conclusion. We planned to coordinate our attacks.

I filed for divorce due to irreconcilable differences due to adultery naming Brough. Once it was served, Amber was screaming down the phone at me. I just terminated her call. I wasn't taking any shit from her. Within the day, I had a messenger delivery from Brough's solicitor telling me to withdraw these unfounded allegations or he would sue me. I replied, "Sue me!"

The idiot did. Two months later I was in court. My parents were supporting me. Amber's parents were supporting her. Her father had tried to talk to me a few times as she was so distraught. I told him it was a sham which surprised him no end. Brough's wife was there for him.

I was represented by a firm for whom I'd done quite a bit of work for.

The first person in the witness box was Amber. She denied ever having an affair. I was insanely jealous and had made her life a misery with constant allegations of infidelity. My parents looked at me. I just smiled back at them.

Brough was up next. He made the same statement but added, "He'd tried to reason with me and had been left with no option but to defend his reputation. Amber was right, I was insanely jealous."

My solicitor took Brough by surprise as he stood up to question him. He hadn't questioned Amber. He began by asking about Brough's history in regard affairs. Brough denied ever having any. My solicitor glanced at his wife who was now looking on with heightened interest. His incredulous smile may have given the game away.

My solicitor then led the video of them fucking. Not a word was heard in the court after Amber gasped. He let it play as what they had planned for me was made clear to all. Amber's parents left the building in disgust at her. Her mother called her, "A whore!" as she left.

Brough's wife was looking on, her fury clear. It went up a notch or two as my solicitor showed evidence obtained by my other friend of Brough's illicit liaisons with five other women over the years.

When asked, Brough denied that these parties, held when his wife was away, were swinger parties. My solicitor played the cufflink recordings which confirmed these parties were just a posh swingers club.

Brough's solicitor tried to have the evidence stopped but the Sheriff allowed it. Brough had perjured himself in her court.

His wife left hurriedly. She was way beyond mad!

The Sheriff dismissed Brough's attempt to sue me and advised that the Police may be interested in that footage due to the planned use of drugs to allow them to violently assault me. She ordered him to pay all my legal costs including any reasonable expenses as I had lost work to attend. My solicitor had laid that on thick as I had lost a total of £6000 as I had to take days off work to prepare the case. I did say I wasn't cheap. It covered six days lost work.

The next case was my petition for divorce. Amber withdrew her objection and the Sheriff granted it. I did not ask for alimony as I wanted nothing to do with her. The Sheriff made her pay me £25000 due to the assets we had accumulated during the marriage. I did say she was well paid.

As my parents and I left the court, I let my friend know we were clear. He would let Brough's employers know about some asset reassignments he had done. He may be in court for more than what he planned to do with me. Those other executives involved will have twitching arses.

Life settled down in the next few months. Brough appeared several times in the local paper in regard to his divorce as well as his and others' appearances in court charged with multiple frauds. I was visited by the Police regarding what Brough and Amber had planned. I declined to press charges. While I was happy for Brough to be jailed, I didn't want to see Amber jailed. She may come after me for alimony when she got out. The Police Officer agreed with me, that was a better choice.

My parents and I had a long session where I explained everything from my perspective. Mum had doted on Amber and could not believe how she had pulled the wool over our eyes for so long. She was a fucking bitch! Dad and I were shocked, Mum never swears.

My life became, work, home, work. By working weekends, I did accomplish more. I refused diner invitations or night's out as I have no joy in me. I would depress any party.

Three months after the court case, Amber asked to see me. My parents persuaded me as I was still full of anger. It may help. We met on neutral ground. She was sitting nervously as I arrived. She was still lovely but there was a clear sadness within her. My heart didn't beat faster. I had to control my anger which surprised me. I had a brief flirtation with wringing her neck. Would that have been classed as helpful?

She began quietly, "Walter, thank you for agreeing to see me. I know it won't have been an easy decision for you. There is so much I need to say but I'll keep it as short as possible. I'll answer any questions you wish.

"I'm seeing a counsellor who suggested I ask for this meeting. I needed to express my sincere apology directly for the way I treated you. She says I can't move on until I do so. She hopes by doing so, I'll let some of my guilt go. I doubt it. I don't deserve compassion let alone forgiveness.

"I'd suggest you seek counselling to deal with the pain I caused you. I can see you're still so angry, justifiably with me but not with yourself. You did everything possible to show me your love. She has suggested a need for joint sessions but I told her you would never contemplate those. If you do and you reach a stage where your counsellor suggests the need for joint ones, call me and I'll be there to help you if possible.

"I know you may think I see that as a way of trying to get you back. While I could tell you how I have learned from my stupidity, how I'd never do anything to hurt you again, it won't change your mind. What I did and said deserves no compassion, no forgiveness, no reconciliation. I never expect to have my greatest fantasy fulfilled.

"Walter, I have needed to apologise to you ever since this whole thing started. Even the word seems so light against what I wish to convey to you. You worked so hard to make me see what I was doing and how it was breaking us apart.

"It will be hard, impossible for you to believe but I do love you with all my heart. I lost sight of what was truly important, - you. I'm missing the part of you which made me whole.

"I have no excuse. The reason was pure selfishness. I was blinded by my career path, always looking for the next promotion. I was so keen to get on, I allowed myself to be played, talked into becoming a whore.

"You were right about that promotion. The weekend I fucked you to a standstill, I wanted you to know I loved you more than life itself." She added sadly, "Just not promotion apparently!

"Even though I knew it was so wrong I rationalised it to myself. It was supposed to be for a short period, six to eight weeks, twice a week at most. He didn't want caught either.

"I thought I could fuck you silly to make up for it. You wouldn't have felt any difference as he was so small. I couldn't as I was so angry at myself. Our fights just increased my self-loathing but instead of stopping it, I fell out on you.

"That night was to be the last time. I had different plans to what you heard. He wanted to show his superiority before giving me back to you. You saw he wasn't superior, just a worthless predator.

"While I am extremely remorseful for having that affair, I'm even more so over how I treated you. My conscience was at war with me. The words I shouted at you were really directed at myself. I knew what would happen if you found out. Each time you confronted my lying, I died a little more. I saw your love for me dying in front of my eyes. I was in pieces inside. I couldn't see a way where we stayed together.