LifeMates Ch. 04 - The Take-Off

Story Info
Myrna's company prospers.
7.3k words
4.37
4.1k
2
0

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 04/26/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Denker42
Denker42
78 Followers

Chapter 4. The Take-Off

The six month period that ended with my collaring was a new beginning for me. It was also the time when LifeMates was transformed from a mere idea into a going concern. Though I played my part, it must be clear that I am not claiming credit for Myrna's achievement. She had obtained approval and funding from Keyholders Inc., our parent company. Through Keyholder's attorneys, she had set up the new company, as an autonomous entity and profit centre. She had taken over the house in Westmount from Amanda and Keyholders, and brought Bernice in as her housekeeper and dungeon-Mistress. She had Guido Morelli, in training as our housekeeper, and Petra Wilkes, in training as the firm's secretary until we matched them with clients. Several client Alphas had hired her to find acceptable lifemates, on the understanding that they would contract for training and support to be decided once acceptable candidates were found. And with Keyholder's assistance, she had found me, and brought me in to serve as her own lifemate. So LifeMates was already in business when I started, but just barely so. It was still mostly Myrna's idea -- sold to some backers and associates, but barely breaking even.

Over the next six months the new venture took off, not especially because of me, but because it was ready to do so. By the time Mistress Myrna put her collar on me, it was actually in the black, with five sources of revenue:

• First, there was our business in recruitment -- what we jokingly called 'bottom hunting' (as opposed to the 'head hunting' for executive talent in the corporate world).

• Second, we had the beginnings of a profitable training business, contracting to teach both general attitudes and specific skills to actual and potential lifemate proxies, to other submissives who had no intention of becoming lifemates, and to lifemate Alphas and other Dominants who needed to handle proxies and other subs in relationships of pleasure and advantage.

• As Myrna's reputation grew, she now drew a regular income in fees for mentoring services to troubled D/s couples. The need for that service was bound to grow as lifemate relationships were formed.

• Our LifeMate Manual was never a best seller, but it did fill a permanent need in the BDSM community and its literature, as people who had experimented with spanking and bondage foreplay found themselves thinking about more serious power exchange relationships. Finding a place in university libraries and bookstores, on Amazon, and in many adult toy stores, it began to bring significant royalties. And after the book launch, it also brought us speaking engagements in which Myrna, Beatrice or myself would come and talk about the lifestyle and/or the lifemate relationship to munch groups and especially to submissives, who wondered where their feelings and needs might take them.

• Finally, in various cities, we helped organize special chat groups for ambitious, subs, already thinking about lifemate careers, but not yet ready to commit themselves. These soon came to be scouted by potential clients who preferred (or sought to avoid our finder's fee) by doing the 'bottom hunting' themselves. Mostly these chat groups ran themselves, but paid a small franchise fee to us, their global headquarters. We sometimes came and spoke to them, and sent them materials they could use. We took to publishing a little magazine of interest to potential lifemates with information and human interest stories about the LifeMate world.

Later on, as we expanded, we contracted with select dungeons in other cities to run what were, in effect, franchise outlets for our operation. Of course, we had to train and monitor them for the sake of quality control and our reputation.

My role in all this was significant, but always subordinate. I wrote, or managed the writing, of our manual, a few magazine articles, press releases and so forth; and I managed our bottom hunting and training of submissives; but that was the extent of my direct responsibility. LifeMates was Myrna's doing, first and last. I became her collared lifemate, and was proud to be so -- and proud to be of assistance.

The core of my job, eventually, would be to interview and screen the candidate subs who answered our advertisements, and then to manage and oversee their selection and training by subordinates. This last was a distant goal, however. First, we had to create the demand for proxies that we hoped to satisfy; then we had to find and train the subs to meet that demand, get them happily placed as lifemates with happy clients, and gradually build a reputation that we could bank on. We knew this would take years, if it could be done at all. There would be a feedback loop, once we had it going: Successful and interesting clients would attract ambitious subs; a choice of talented, well-trained subs would attract new clients. The first step was to arrange a few successful matches to show that it could be done; and there we had a remarkable bit of good luck -- which seemed like very bad luck for a while.

* * * * *

A well-known politician, now a Member of Parliament for his Quebec riding had long enjoyed a secret homosexual relationship with a lifelong buddy. They had been friends and lovers since their college days. One went to law school and then eventually into politics. The other became a journalist and was now his friend's press secretary, and still his lover. The politician had never married; and both were 'in the closet.' Otherwise, they might have married in 2005, when Canada legalized gay marriage (ten years before this happened in the US). They had long been secretly kinky as well, and clients of Bernice from time to time. When they learned from her what Myrna was up to, they decided that the next best thing to marriage would be a lifemate relationship along Myrna's lines. They met with Myrna, who agreed to work with them under a contract with the press secretary alone so that the MP's name could be kept out of it. Myrna began to train the press secretary (his name is Bruce), in lifemate concepts, and in advanced bedroom and BDSM skills. Soon after I started with her, Myrna began to use me as a surrogate for Bruce's lover. Between us, we taught him the secrets of deep throating, and a few other tricks. We also discovered that he was a pain slut, so we taught him how to help his Alpha learn to work with that. A few weeks later when Myrna came to trust me, she left us alone to work together.

"Bruce," I said to him, "you need to understand. I've been pretending to be your Dominant, but I'm really with Mistress Myrna in the same role you're training for. I'm bisexual. I am a long-time submissive. I was trained in the attitudes and skills of submission (as you are being trained now) long before she took me on as her lifemate. I know that Mistress has explained the essentials of a lifemate relationship to you; I was in the room, acting as your Alpha while she was doing it. I may play Alpha to you again if it's useful, but I think we can work best together if you understand that I am really a submissive like yourself, working as Mistress Myrna's proxy, as you will be with your Alpha. If you have any questions about that relationship, I'll try to answer them. By the way, you don't have to call me 'sir' or 'master' now. I'm teaching you, but we're just two subs on the same level."

"In your LifeMate philosophy, what's the difference between a submissive, a slave and a lifemate," he asked me. "Maybe you can explain that. Mistress had me kiss your boot and taught me how to deep throat -- typical slavish behaviour. I enjoyed doing it. I knew you were her chastity slave, because I watched her take your cage off, before we started. I think she made a point of having me see that. So what are you really to her, if not her collared, cock-caged slave? What does it mean to be a 'lifemate'?"

"Excellent question," I told him. "That's the crucial point. We have to get you, and your Alpha also, to understand that difference. When Mistress had you kiss my boot and suck me off, she was testing you. Though we worked on your posture and cock sucking skills, she was mostly testing you to see if you were behaving submissively because you felt you had to, or because you felt good doing them. She was testing your submissiveness, to see if it was real."

"It's real enough," Bruce said. ""What would have happened if she decided I was faking it."

"I don't know for sure, because we haven't discussed it. I saw, as she did, that you were happy on your knees before another man -- as I will be with you, if she commands it, or if you ask me nicely. My guess is that she would have voided your contract with us on some pretext, and warned your friend against what you guys are doing. We never discussed it because Mistress accepted you as genuine. As I do. We will help you and your friend as best we can."

"All right then. Please answer my question, sir. As Mistress' lifemate how are you different from a sub or slave?"

"I told you. Please don't use 'sir' with me now. My name is Richard and you are Bruce. We're talking man-to-man, (or sub-to-sub) as friends. I'm just more experienced and better trained with this stuff than you are. Remember that."

"Here's the difference. Submissiveness is a temperament or a state of mind. You grant someone authority over you, you kneel and serve them, because it feels comfortable (or comforting) to do so. We behave submissively because it gives us pleasure to submit, serve and please; and that becomes part of our identity.

Slavery was a legal relationship in the bad old days, but today, in the BDSM world, it is just a mutual understanding with no force at law. In most BDSM erotica -- in nearly all of the pornography -- the slaves are mindless, grovelling creatures who surrender not just their volition, but their whole autonomy for the privilege of worshipping a Mistress or Master. Is that the relationship you have with your friend? Is that the relationship you want?"

"No, not at all," Bruce answered. "He and I have played at that, as you have with me. But that's not what our relationship is like. He uses me as his loyal subordinate. He relies on me. He gives me instructions and expects me to carry them out. But he also values my opinion. If I have wishes of my own, he expects me to ask for what I want, and abide by his decision. If I disagree with something he is planning -- if I think it will get him into trouble -- he expects me to say so. He may do what he wants, anyway, but he will always listen to me with attention and love. And I obey him freely because I expect that attention and love from him. I've become much more riding his coat-tails than I could ever have been without him. And I've also helped him to get where he is."

"That means you are already his lifemate and proxy -- not his slave -- whether you both know it or not. The Alpha-sidekick relationship is much like a good marriage. One party has most of the power -- in agreed situations, at any rate. But you're basically in it together, and your partner makes decisions with the interest of the whole relationship in mind -- which means your needs as well as his own."

"If we're already in that Alpha-sidekick relationship then what do we need you for?"

"That too is a good question, but you've read our 'Services' brochure, You both already know what we can offer. If he allows you to speak and deal for him, you are already a lifemate couple. Now it's just a question of where you want to go." We could arrange a ceremony and give you a document to that effect if you wanted it. If you want some further training, mentoring or contract mediation, you have only to call.

A week later, Bruce told us that no further training was wanted at this time. We should just tell Bruce where we thought his skills could be improved and leave it at that. We told him that in their present situation, and for his present duties, his skills seemed fine to us. That unless his Alpha was dissatisfied in some way, no further training was needed at this time. He thanked us for working with him; we shook hands; and thought our business was complete.

* * * * *

While training Bruce, we also arranged a match for Petra with the widowed writer, one of Myrna's first clients. In doing so, we were aware of setting a precedent -- not a binding one, but significant nonetheless. How would we introduce our clients to their potential lifemates? How would we do it now?

Myrna and I talked it over and, in the end, agreed to do it as a three-stage process. First, we would courier copies of key documents (including photographs, but names withheld) from the applicant submissive's file to our client, while sending a prepared description of the client (also with photos) to the sub. We would give them a week to read and think about each other.

Next, we would convene a meeting in the parlour room at Westmount, where either Myrna or I, or both of us together, would introduce the potential couple, answer their questions about why we thought they might be a good match. We would caution them that there was no D/s relationship between them yet, and that the sub was still entirely their own person. We would serve refreshments and offer them the use of the training room to play together, have sex, or do a scene if they so wished. We would leave the room, and give them a chance to talk between themselves, and get to know each other.

Finally, we'd call them back to the parlour, one at a time, to ask if they wanted to go further. First,we'd ask the client if they wished to offer this sub a preliminary contract. If not, that would be the end of it. We would just bring the sub in, thank them both for looking each other over, tell both that our efforts for them would continue, and send them home.

If the client did wish to make an offer, we would lead him or her back to the training room, and invite the sub to the parlour for the same private talk. Again, if the sub had no interest in a trial arrangement, we would thank both parties and send them home. But if the sub too wished to continue, we would bring the client back, have the sub kneel and kiss the client's hand as the first step of a preliminary arrangement between them, We would then assist them in the preparation and signing of a preliminary contract, offer our future support and some advice on the management of a trial period, and send them off as a new lifemate couple.

The meeting of Petra with our widowed writer client, proceeded almost as planned. Myrna had sent Petra's application, complete with thumbnail autobiography, to Jane Abbott (the client's name) about two weeks ago. She'd given Petra Mrs. Abbott's resume and photo at the same time, suggesting that she might be a suitable match. Abbott had emailed back that she like to meet Petra, and Petra too had expressed interest in this client. Invited to come in and meet Petra two days from then at 10 AM, Abbott had promptly agreed.

That morning, without prompting, Petra came downstairs in a very pretty new dress, and with some make up which I had never seen her use. As she ate a light breakfast, we watched her working (as she had been trained) at staying calm -- consciously relaxing her neck and shoulders and breathing deeply from the abdomen, and not the upper chest. Myrna suggested that she go to the office and do some light work just to keep busy until the client came. Then she would send me to get her so she could make an entrance.

And so it went. Mrs. Abbott arrived just before 10. We greeted her, Myrna introduced me, and we took her to the parlour room, seating the client in the grander of its two armchairs while I sat with Myrna on the sofa.

"You'll meet Petra in just a moment, Mrs. Abbott," Myrna opened. "We thought you might like a moment to talk with us first, and we wanted to ask you what you thought of her file. Are we on the right track in finding a match for you?"

"I can't say for sure until I've met the girl," our client replied. "But judging from her file, you've grasped what I was looking for. She's literate; she's got secretarial skills; she seems presentable. Where did you find her? Is she really lesbian and submissive? Those are the questions I wanted to ask you."

"Yes she is,"Myrna answered. "Eight months ago, she answered our ad in Rainbow Magazine, for a qualified secretary interested in the lifemate lifestyle. For months now, she's worked for me while we've been been training her. I can tell you that she's hard-working; that she understands and obeys instructions, that she takes real pride and pleasure in giving satisfaction to others, and in giving sexual pleasure also. We think you'll like her.

"Well, bring her down, and let me have a look at her," our client said. "There's really not much to discuss until I've seen her."

"Very good, Ma'am," Myrna said. "Richard, would you please fetch Petra and bring her down."

"Yes, Mistress," I answered getting up and bowing to the two women. "She'll be down right away." And I left the room and went upstairs to fetch her.

She was puttering in Myrna's office, trying to keep occupied and useful, but really too anxious to do much. "Show time!" I said. The client is ready for you now. And you're ready for her. Just remember your training and you'll be a hit. Let's go."

She put down the paper she was holding and came with me. We took the elevator down.

Entering the training room, she walked slowly, stood before our client, curtsied perfectly and then stood silent, scarcely breathing. I introduced them. "Mrs Abbot, this is Petra Wilkes. Petra, this is our client, Mrs. Jane Abbott."

"I'm honoured to meet you Ma'am," Petra said. "Thank you for taking interest me."

"You must call me Jane," the client said. "And I will call you Petra." If we're going to be friends and lifemates, we needn't stand on ceremony. I see that you know how to be respectful. There'll be a time and place for that, but for now let's just get to know other -- an older woman and a younger one. Tell me, what made you decide to become a lifemate and why did you let these people send me your file?"

Myrna gestured for Petra to sit in free armchair; and she perched gracefully on the edge of it, relieved to be off her feet, but sitting straight. "Please, Ma'am. I can't feel comfortable calling you by your first name until I know you better. Please accept my respectful speech for now, until the informality feels natural to me."

"I was interested in teaming with you because I've had some experience in writing and editing, and think I could be useful to you. I was attracted by what you wrote about travelling and would really enjoy that. Also, I've read two of your books, and liked them. I'm fascinated now to meet the woman who wrote them."

"Oh? Which books?" our client asked,

"Excuse me," Mistress interrupted. "We'll leave you now to get to know each other. Feel free to use the training room and the kitchen across the hall. Petra can offer and serve coffee and refreshments, if you'd like something. Also, she'll know how to ring for us when you're finished and ready to talk again. Just relax and enjoy yourselves. We'll be in my office, Petra."

Petra remained seated but bowed deeply with her head and shoulders. "That's great," Jane Abbott said. "We'll be fine for now."

Myrna stood up, and gestured me to follow her. We left the room and went down the hall to her office. Myrna sat at her desk and gestured to me to kneel on the pad by her feet. She put a hand on my head ruffled my hair with her fingers, both of us just sitting there breathing, and not saying anything. We were both as wired as Petra had been. If this went well, it would be our first match.

We stayed there, calming ourselves, for about 20 minutes. Then we too began to putter, much as Petra had been doing, waiting to meet her prospective Alpha.

Denker42
Denker42
78 Followers