LifeMates Ch. 06 - A Submissive for Sylvie

Story Info
My ex-wife becomes a client.
8.3k words
4.47
6.8k
3

Part 6 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 04/26/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Denker42
Denker42
78 Followers

Chapter 6. A Submissive for Sylvie

I had been with Myrna for two years now, and LifeMates was up and running. My Esquire article and its follow-up had been a big success. We had trained and placed 640 candidate subs with client Alphas. We had another file of 426 new clients -- some on their own, some backed by powerful businesses or other organizations -- now looking for suitable submissives, and over a 1000 new clients already with submissives that they wanted trained. Our file of applicants had over 6000 names in it, of which about 2000 had been accepted for training, based on their resumes and my preliminary evaluation. Of these about 600 had already been trained and were considered candidates for matching. More in each category were appearing every day.

Having outgrown our Westmount house, we had rented space downtown in the same office building that KI occupied. We kept the Westmount space as a residence for ourselves, for client instruction and meetings, and for its dungeon. All the recruiting and matching functions -- pretty much as I described them to Amanda -- were moved downtown except for a few selected subs whom we kept at Westmount to serve our needs while receiving personal training from us. Living quarters for these live-in trainee/servants had been added in the basement. The training room where Myrna and Bernice had worked me when I joined them was now used for small conferences and for client-candidate introductions. Most of our training was done at a large house set up for barracks living, off Montreal island, where real estate was cheap.

I must say a few words here about our training philosophy -- very different from Amanda's, for example. In our qualified subs, we wanted traits of autonomy and independent judgment that many in the BDSM scene believe should be trained out of good submissives. We wanted obedience and the desire to please, certainly, but not at the expense of independent personality and judgment.

Our idea was that lifemate attitude and behaviour, had to be both a temperament or 'calling,' and a skilled profession. Early on, Myrna and I drew up a list of seven traits that our alumni had to possess at some acceptable level, and that we believed we could select, teach and test for. In addition to obedience, grace, sexual versatility and over-all desire to please, pretty standard for any trained submissive, they had to have three further qualities:

• Autonomous complementarity: skills or a viewpoint worthwhile and valuable in its own right, at least to a certain type of client. This could be almost anything, from chicken sexing to nursing to technical writing, but had to be at a level that some client might find valuable.

• Alteric judgment (as we called it): the ability to put oneself in another person's shoes -- to see a situation through their eyes and with their needs and values. And finally,

• Controlled thoroughness: the desire and tendency to do things as well as practicable under the circumstances -- a love of quality short of compulsive perfectionism.

To train for these seven qualities we grouped our candidates in small classes, twelve or fewer, of mixed sex. We explained each quality thoroughly with practical examples, then paired our pupils randomly into Dominant and submissive couples, setting them tasks to do together, and allowing the 'Doms' to paddle their 'subs' (under the instructor's supervision) for unsatisfactory performance. Except when going out in public, subs were usually kept nude except for protective aprons for cooking and other protective gear as needed. In this way, all the trainees got over their feelings of modesty, and gained experience of both Dominant and submissive roles. They also got lots of practice in adapting themselves to any Dom or Domme that they were paired with.

We decided too that all our graduates should have basic skills in home making, food preparation and sex; and we set them tasks accordingly. Each candidate had to prepare and serve a fairly complex meal for a small group, make a king-size bed to the standards of a good hotel, do complex and delicate laundry and thoroughly clean an apartment after a party -- all to an instructor's satisfaction, before we accepted them as qualified. They also gained experience with both homo- and hetero- sex, and with oral and anal, and genital sex, grading each other as partners. They understood that they were not doing each other favours by being lenient, but were helping to set a standard that they could all be proud of. They were required to achieve a certain average score, with all modes and all partners, before they could be awarded our distinctive LifeMates collar -- a lockable band of fine leather, stamped with a company logo that was elegant and difficult to forge, to be worn by alumni in a graduation ceremony and when being introduced to clients. Trained and experienced as I was, even I had to brush up a number of skills before I could win that collar, which I then wore all the time.

Subs 'off the street' paid a fee to be trained along our lines, though some (as with Petra), were given 'scholarships' and allowed to pay with service. Applicants we considered untrainable were rejected out of hand -- sometimes with a suggestion that they reapply if they could 'get their act together,' and convince us that they had done so.

In this way, we hoped to turn out graduates who met a standard level of competence that would come to be recognized, accepted and sought by clients. Clients like that MP who came with their own submissives were helped to design training programs suited to their needs after whatever training they requested, in the handling of a LifeMate proxy.

* * * * *

One morning, Myrna sent me a client file that had landed on her desk. Attached was a memo "Is this anyone you know?" It was a file for my ex-wife. There was her name, 'SYLVIA CORBETT,' in boldface capitals. There was a recent photograph. There was a thumbnail autobiography, complete with her account of our wrecked marriage. I read through the file and went to Myrna's office "Yes," I answered. "That's my ex-wife Sylvie, just as you suspected."

"Right," Myrna said. "She wants a proxy now, to replace you. That must give you some satisfaction. The question is, can we work with her?"

"I'd say, that's up to her, once she finds out that I'm here. She's not going to get me back -- so if she makes a try and then runs, it will be her doing. In any case, as a client, she'll be working more with you, than with me. I'll be working with her proxy. Does she come with a candidate sub?"

"No. It seems that intramural dating is frowned upon in high-powered law firms. Also, her orientation seems to have changed: She wants us to find her a female match -- either a recent law school grad, or preferably an experienced junior lawyer in some other firm who would go partners with her in a new law firm specializing in women's issues."

"Yes, I caught that in her application letter. It took me by surprise. Well, whatever! I hope she finds what she needs."

"It seems she had lesbian feelings all along," Myrna said, "though she wasn't clear about them. She says that may have been why she was too harsh with you."

"So we'll have to propose a match, and then arrange for whatever extra training is wanted. All of that could be done by other staff. I could stay out of it completely. She doesn't have to know I'm here!"

"We could try to keep it secret," Myrna answered, "but I don't think we should. I think we must tell her that you work here, and that we recognized her from her file. We can offer a three-way meeting in which you both get a chance to let bygones be bygones. Then we let her decide if she wants to proceed with us."

"That means we air the dirty laundry from our marriage in front of you, Mistress."

"I'm afraid so. Does that bother you?"

"A little, but I can handle it. It may be unpleasant for you."

"Well, I read your side of that story on your KI application form before I ever met you. It will be interesting to hear hers. If there are discrepancies, it's you who may be embarrassed. Are you sure you're OK with this? I'd rather give up one client than lose you."

"You won't lose me. And I don't think I'll be embarrassed. In her account of our marriage, she seems contrite. Her application reads as if she's learned something since then; she blames herself more than I blame her now. And I've learned things too. I'd welcome the chance to exchange forgiveness with her, and help her get on with her life as (thanks to you) I'm getting on with mine."

"Let's do just what you said, Mistress. Give her a call; tell her that I work with you and that we recognized her file; invite her to come in and meet us; even tell her what I said about exchanging forgiveness and helping her (if only by staying out of it); and let her decide if she wants to proceed."

"Very good. That's what I'll do. I'll let you know what happens."

When Myrna informed Sylvie that her former husband was now proxy to the CEO at LifeMates, Sylvie was actually pleased for me, and all the more eager to find a submissive partner for herself. "No, Richard's presence won't bother me," she told my Mistress. "Especially since, as you say, he need not be directly involved with me at all -- only indirectly in helping to select and train my proxy."

Told of the suggestion that we meet to talk it over, she replied that might be a good idea -- just to bury the past and move on. "Does he know I'm looking for a woman," she asked Myrna.

"Yes," Myrna replied, "he's read your application."

"That must have shocked him."

"He was surprised, yes, But hardly shocked. His exact words were, "I hope she finds what she needs." You needn't fear that he's angry or disgusted with you. He's not. He wishes you the best."

"That good to hear. Well, let's have that meeting. We can forgive each other, in front of you, and move on."

And that's what happened. By appointment, Sylvie came in, accepted a cup coffee when Myrna offered it, and asked if I remembered how she took it.

"One cream, no sugar, Ma'am," I replied.

"Pleasant to hear you call me Ma'am now," she said, "I know I'm not your mistress any more."

Then when I brought her coffee, she congratulated me on finding Mistress Myrna and on my position at LifeMates. We hugged, and I wished her well while Myrna sat and watched us, with a smile of amusement on her lips. Then we moved on to the main subject of our meeting.

"What I want," Sylvie told us, "is a junior partner for a new law firm, that she and I would launch together, specializing in women's and rainbow coalition issues. The firm I'm currently with mostly turns away such cases now, as not sufficiently lucrative and too contentious. But they are the cases that really interest me -- why I became a lawyer in the first place."

"What I've agreed with the other partners at my current firm is to continue working for them, but not as a full partner -- at arm's length, in a separate firm. At least, for now, I'd continue with my existing clients, so my proxy and I wouldn't starve, and I'd be able to pay your fee. In the long run, we might go out completely on our own, or revert to partnership in my current firm, but in this new line of work. That would depend on several factors -- mostly on the politics and public relations aspect of my work -- and on my partners' level of comfort."

Meanwhile, the submissive young lawyer who accepts my offer will live with me, sleep with me, work with me, and (within reason) serve me. The kind of relationship that you guys are promoting seems ideal for what I need."

Myrna asked, "How junior a proxy would you accept? We should know that before we get started. You have a lot to offer, and there are lots of hungry young lawyers out there, many female. Finding a legal secretary or law student not yet admitted to the bar should be no problem at all. If we ran an ad and screened them for you, we could probably give you lots of choice. Finding an experienced lawyer with a current practice, will be harder. So I ask you: what is your ideal and what is your minimum? Which candidate subs should we not even consider?"

Sylvie replied, "My ideal candidate would be a young lawyer, admitted to the bar and somewhat experienced, but not yet a partner. If she's interested in the work I want to do, and I think many young female lawyers are, she will jump at the offer of a partnership with me. The minimum question is harder. I'd like a better idea of what's out there before I decide what I would settle for. To start with, I think you should advertise for recently barred women or, if few of those turn up, for high-calibre recent law grads who have not yet passed the bar exam. I'm not in a terrible hurry. I'd contract with you to compile a shortlist with not fewer than six, and not more than twelve barred women with however little experience -- possibly still unemployed. I would do the interviewing and selection from there. Then the winning applicant and I would decide together, in consultation with you, what kind of training was needed."

"That sounds doable," Myrna said.

I jumped in at that point. "Ma'am, we certainly wouldn't go out of our way to tell applicant submissives, but if it somehow comes up, or if someone remembers me and word gets around, how important is it to you that our candidates not know that we were once married?"

"I don't care if you tell them" she answered. "I'd just as soon they know up front, that I'm not so easy to live with. And now that I've heard you ma'am me a few times, you can call me Sylvie -- both of you."

"That raises another question," Myrna pointed out. "What kind of guidance or training or help will you need to keep a lifemate relationship going. I have to warn you from my own experience -- not just with Richard here, but long before -- that lifestyle, 24/7 submissives aren't the slaves we may fantasize about, or read about in the BDSM literature. The proxies you might share your life with must be even less so, if they are going to be useful and presentable in the work world. They will be valuable assets, with needs, desires, foibles and shortcomings which are only partially corrigible through training and punishment."

"The lifemate relationship is like an old fashioned marriage -- with your spouse in the family business and the power dynamic settled up front. As the Domme of the relationship, you must have your partner's needs and interests constantly in mind. As you are requiring obedience, and making the decisions for both of you, you must accept respectful questioning, advice and even objection. No proxy worth keeping would settle for less. In fact, we train them not to. We have to teach some candidate submissives that they must be respectful at all times, but have much more leeway in these relationships than BDSM folklore typically imagines."

"I learned that the hard way with Richard here," Sylvie answered, looking at me. "Not soon enough, unfortunately." Part of what I'll want from you, once I have a proxy, is the mentoring, contracting, and adjudication services that you provide. I really want this next relationship to work and last."

"We will do our best, Ms. Corbett," Myrna told her. "The first step is that short list. Would you like to draft an ad, while I prepare a contract for your signature? It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes. I just have to fill in a few blanks on a standard search contract."

Sylvie answered, "The ad will take no more than a minute, if Richard brings me paper, and another cup of coffee. I have my own pen. Then he can sit and chat with me while you prepare the contract."

"Very good, Ma'am. There's paper right here," Myrna said opening her desk drawer and handing over a few sheets. "Richard, please take Ms. Corbett to the conference room, bring her that coffee, and keep her company while I do the contract at my desk. I'll call you back here when it's ready."

"Come Sylvie," I said to her. "Mistress needs her computer. We'll go sit in another room until it's ready, and I'll get you that coffee."

I led her to our client conference room -- our former training room -- where Myrna had first made me strip so that she and Bernice could look me over. Then I went to the kitchen and poured two cups of coffee -- adding milk to one, and milk and sugar to the other, and carrying them in my left and right hands respectively to keep track of which was which. Back in the conference room, I put Sylvie's coffee down, carefully, in front of her, then sat down with my own coffee at right angles to her. She looked askance at me, as if something was wrong.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"For a subbie, you're pretty casual now," she said. "You took that coffee without asking permission. You never would have done that when you were with me."

"I'm not a subbie now, in the sense I was under you. I'm Myrna's proxy -- in the same relation to her that a woman you select with us will be to you. If you think of her as a 'subbie' and treat her so, you'll lose her. That's what my Mistress was trying to explain.

"But you call her 'Mistress.' So you're still her submissive?"

"Oh yes. I think of her as a Mistress. I'm respectful and obedient. I love to serve her, and I try to please. I take punishment and thank her for it when she's annoyed with me. But I'm also her partner and colleague in this business. And her travelling companion (when we travel). And her closest friend -- as she is mine. I'm her proxy. I'm submissive to her, but not her 'subbie.' We must get you to see the difference. Because it's a proxy, not a subbie, that you're hiring us to find and train for you."

"Your mistress is a bit stiff, isn't she? She kept calling me 'Ms. Corbett' and 'ma'am,' although I asked her to call me 'Sylvie.' But you call me 'Sylvie' readily enough."

"I call you 'Sylvie,' because I think of you so, and because you gave us permission. Mistress will come round to calling you by your given name. It will just take her a while, until you know each other better. With her, it's like in French; you're a 'vous' until you feel like a 'tu' to her. And she to you."

"Let's draft that newspaper ad."

"Oh, I did that this at my office, before I came here. Here it is." She dug a folded paper out of her purse:

WANTED: Senior lawyer seeks amenable, barred juniors, interested in women's and rainbow coalition issues. Phone???-???-???? for interview.

"When they phone, tell them I'm thinking of starting a new law firm, specializing in those issues. That you are acting for me, doing screening interviews, and that I will meet with and interview a shortlist of candidates. Tell them to bring a resume when they come in. The fact that your firm is doing the preliminary interviews should clue them to what I'm looking for, but if they ask questions, answer them about you and about the lifestyle, but not about me. I'll take it from there when I do the interviews."

At that point Myrna poked her head in the room. "OK. I'm ready now. Come back to my office, please. Do you have a newspaper ad?"

"Yes Mistress," I replied, "I think it's what we want. Our client did it herself before she came in this morning."

We followed Myrna back to her office and sat around its coffee table. She handed Sylvie a standard search contract with most of the blanks filled in. "Here, Ms. Corbett, Please read this over. This is what we're asking you to sign. It says we're going to run an ad, conduct screening interviews and compile a short list of candidates -- junior lawyers, admitted to the bar -- whom you will interview. It doesn't say anything about them being female. But I'm not sure it's legal to discriminate by sex for your purpose. Also, for your purpose, it won't hurt to have a few male names on file for second chair in specific actions. When you interview, you can tell the people you don't select that you'd like to keep their names on file as backup, and for future reference."

Denker42
Denker42
78 Followers