All Comments on 'Lifestyle Journalism Ch. 03'

by KallieHF

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
KellvallonKellvallon10 months ago

Ouch. With friends like Mel who need enemies?

AquariusgirlAquariusgirl10 months ago

As always you're writing is incredible and entices a reader to become engrossed and keep reading on.

I love the story, I do feel sad for Emma though as it's a bitter-sweet end for her, however you can tell she's so loved by Mel. It did sound like her journalism was going to get her into trouble with someone, so I get the explanation/ reasoning that Mel gave for doing this to Emma... I know wants her to retain some of her smarts though, but it does sound like she's enjoying her new realty.

5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P.s KallieHF I can't wait to see what you come up with next 😊

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That was spectacularly erotic and incredibly hot. No matter how anyone thinks about the wrongness of what Me, did to Emma, I believe that Emma is the love of her life and knowing how her job was either killing her or going to get her killed, Mel knew what she was talking about considering Mel’s family who probably wanted Emma to disappear permanently gave her the out she needed and gave her the girlfriend she loves so it’s all good. This was such an interesting twist on the usual hypnosis story that I loved it. Thanks for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Kellvallon,

I’m here to pay up on our digital wager. Seeing as how no money was involved, all I can do is sing the “I am Wrong” song from Calvin and Hobbes. Hit it, maestro!

“I am so very wrong!” Unhappily, that’s all I remember. You rock, KV!

As for the actual story, Kallie does present a classic ethical dilemma posed by legendary Princeton professor, Dr Paul Ramsey. “Can we do evil to achieve good?” The teleological position, emphasizing outcomes, championed to varying degrees by the two previous posters, sees little wrong with Mel’s actions. After all, Emma is safe, loved, happy, and healthy. Not only that, but she seems to be enjoying, engaging in understatement here, her sex life with Mel. All’s well that ends well.

Unhappily, the deontological position must also be considered. Deontology focuses on the method, means, and justification for ethical decisions. The deontologist would ask thorny questions about what separates human beings from the other creatures on the planet? They would note that humans alone can remember experiences, not just their own but the experiences of others as well. Scientists claim that bees remember the history of the hive, but do they remember the history of other hives? No, neither does any other animal. The deontologist would also point out that although Mel may have saved Emma from a worse fate, she did so with a healthy measure of self interest. How much self-interest does it take to leaven the loaf of altruism. Would Mel have saved Emma if she weren’t her friend? Her heroism seems to be driven by more base desires.

The deontologist would then ask if Emma would have chosen the life of a bimbo lesbian submissive on her own? That speaks to agency. Mel robbed Emma of her agency. Which begs the question, was it even Emma there at the end or was it a programmed lesser version of Emma recreated in Mel’s imagination for her own pleasure?

Agency robbed, memories stolen and replaced, Emma had left the building.

Final tally: Mel wronged her friend. Driven by self-interest, she took what she wanted and rationalized the cost. Evidence, she asked the happiness question, which clearly indicates a distinct level of guilt. The fact that she relaxed at Emma’s response points to an inner sense of shame.

Gonna go with Kellvallon and pronounce Mel, guilty as charged. She’s different from her parents but only in a manner of degree. In the end, did she really get Emma or just a pre-programmed fuck doll?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The problem is that although Emma's body may exist, the woman that Mel claimed to have loved is dead and gone. She pretends she did not murder her, but she paid for something far worse, the death of her personality. It is murder far crueler. Mel is a self justifying demon, for which the fires of Hell await and for which Mel is definitely worthy of their painful embrace.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I agree with the comment about Mel by Anon, but it is a well done story and that shows in the emotions it evokes. 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Dang, Kallie did it right! She drew in both sides of the argument. Aside from the one comment that made me go to the dictionary twice, she has everyone playing the yes/but game. You know how it goes, “Yes, Mel did…, but Emma…” The other side is doing it too. “Yes, Emma may be…, but Mel…”

When a writer provokes that level of passion, she’s done her job well! Raise a glass everyone, 🍾, here’s to you, Kallie!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKallieHF@KallieHF
Hi! I'm Kallie, a writer of erotic stories - mostly mind control and hypnosis-themed erotica, but I have written other stuff in the past and may do again. The main platform for my writing is my Patreon page, and by throwing me a few dollars a month on there you can ensure I ke...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES