All Comments on 'Lilian'

by 3158NastyTeacher

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
This story is really familiar....

A story came out a few weeks ago that was almost identical to this one. I can't remember the author's name, but it seems too similar to be a coincidence. I loved the first story, but I can't give this one high rating because this seems like plagarism.

naughtyboy2004naughtyboy2004about 15 years ago
copy?

This is a changed copy of Her sisters wedding by deepemerald.

jack_strawjack_strawabout 15 years ago
rude in the extreme

If you're going to steal someone else's story, at least have the grace to acknowledge the source. Strictly speaking, it's not plagiarized, but it might as well be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Pointless copy,

as others have noted a blatant rip off. -- UK CYNIC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Easy now

This is very similar to Her Sister's Wedding, as has been noted. I'd give the author the benefit of the doubt, though. There are a lot of stories on this site and many are similar in nature but I doubt they're all issues of plagiarism. It is possible to write something and later find another story much like it, which you've never seen before. I've done it. --wlt

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Sorry ...

but I agree with the other comments. This is way too similar to "Her Sister's Wedding". It may not be plagiarism or anything but the similarities are too much. Names may have been changed and a few more situations (such as the abusive parents, death of a baby brother, foster home, etc) were added for a supposedly more dramatic effect, but the underlying story is the same - Beautiful, model, bitchy sister is having a grand wedding whilst the ugly duckling sister meets a hotel representative who happens to have a royal title and owns the hotel where the wedding will take place. Seriously, 3158NastyTeacher, if you enjoyed "Her Sister's Wedding" and it inspired you, this is no way to honor it.

faq52faq52about 15 years ago
utter nonsense

I have read both stories and there are similarities but for gods sake there are only so many plots to choose from.

there was a mainstream movie staring Julia Roberts with the same basic plot.

the plot is older than God. if you look hard enough you will probably find ten more stories here that are also the same.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
It's stupid

Yeah there may be stories out there with similar plots but this is basically identical to that other story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Don't let them discourage you

I thought it was a great story. Don't let people discourage you. --Jim

punkin1077punkin1077about 15 years ago
is this....

a copy of Her Sister's Wedding? It is just so similar. I love Her Sister's Wedding...it is one of my favorites on this site and I noticed the similarities right away. There was a couple of things that were changed but overall I wish I had not read this story. It was like reading a draft version of Her Sister's Wedding, sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
This has got to be a copy...

the plot is to much alike of her sister wedding. And not only that is a bad version of it. To short and to much of the poor abused girl for a story so short.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I liked it, however;

the ending was way way to fast. Another chapter would have been good to explore the sister dynamics you developed, and then forgot. How she would react to her "scarred" sisters new life, and love. It is a pity when writers of high caliber either hurry the ending, or let the audience decide. Nothing personal, it frustrates me when this happens, and so so frequently. Consider reevaluating, and finish it properly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

This is a copy of another story on LitE called Her Sister's Wedding by deepemerald. I liked that better than this one. You guys should read it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous