All Comments on 'Lille'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
abboncabboncover 4 years ago
Been there...

Harrietsham, I mean! Back in 1977, we caught the train and walked into the village, only to find that the people we wanted to see were out!

I love the accuracy of your stories, and this one is no exception.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
lovely just lovely

Great as usual Ogg. The "winged W " ; had to be a Wolsely. Thank you for spinning some groovy British cars into this romance, though Mr Dupont off course would have driven at least a Peugot 403 but more likely a Citroen ID19 ( never a Simca ) which weren't to be sneezed at either even though the engine size had to be under 2 and a half litres! And don't forget that Rolls Royce used Citroens suspension system. Cheers!!

ag2507ag2507over 4 years ago

I remember life before the Maidstone bypass, which was built by my father's company, so I watched it being built close up. Of course it is now part of the M20. Didn't start living in Croydon 'till much later though lived on the A25 (Reigate) for the longest time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
THE Car

A friend had a Wolseley 16/40 which I have to say was very likely the most comfortable car I ever drove. When it came time to change cars I tried to buy one but the brand had ceased - The Jag just wasn't the same! Worked and lived in Antwerp so I've traveled that route so many times as I also had a home near Chelmsford, Essex.

Always read your stories

19pvc44

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
What a wonderful story

Perfect for Valentine's Day and particular harmony between neighbouring nationalities. A nice gesture revisiting the truck stop!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fun & Happy!

Another fine ogg Romance - cars, Anglo-French bonhomie, mutually useful connections with win-wins all over ... and of course, some fog!!

What would an ogg story be without fog and weather delays leading to happy circumstances!!

5 stars, for sure. Thank you, ogg!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

Always great stories by Ogg. For some reason I read this whole story in my head with a french accent.

WilCox49WilCox49over 4 years ago
Another excellent story

I also enjoy the detailed nature of many of your stories, certainly this one. Very nice job. Under the circumstances, I won't list the minor typos and format issues; they're not enough to spoil the story, for sure. Thank you!

tangledweedtangledweedover 4 years ago

Top Gear romance, eh?

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 4 years ago
5*

I enjoyed the characters, the plot, and the pace. Thanks for sharing.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Good story. AAAA++++

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oh the A20 fog. Fourty-four years and one week ago I was driving my, in labour, wife to hospital in Ashford from our home near Harrietsham. The fog was so thick I was driving with my head out of the window so I could see better. The truck shop's still there but a shadow of its former self. The lorries now thunder past on the M20.

Thank you for the story and memories of a gentler tome.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...