All Comments on 'Literotica Authors 09: Lovecraft68'

by Bob_Aganoush

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Areala-chanAreala-chanover 3 years ago

Lovecraft is one of the writers I most look up to around here. Not just for his prolific output, but because he's been nothing but kind the few times we've interacted on the forums or via PM. Thanks for this interview! I'm glad to see a new one in this series, especially from such a phenomenal person behind the pseudonym. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Idea and LC....wow.

Thank you, Bob. I didn't know these were a thing. Going to read all of them.

LC...who would have thought for such a trash talking troll you could be so well spoken? Yes, I know you're a writer, but this didn't feel like a story, there was true passion in your words, and I can tell you have a real desire to succeed and see others succeed. I've read Naked Beneath so this isn't my first glimpse into the real you. I like that its only a glimpse, a little smile to break up your usual scowl.

Bob_AganoushBob_Aganoushover 3 years agoAuthor

You're welcome, Areala-chan, glad enjoyed it.

Bob A

Enchantment_of_NyxEnchantment_of_Nyxover 3 years ago
More than I was expecting!

Great interview! When you announced that you'd be starting these interviews again, I was interested, but I didn't expect them to be this engaging or this intimate. It was very constructive, too, with great advice for new authors. I particularly appreciated Lovecraft's suggestions about prioritizing the integrity of the story and telling the story you want to tell instead of someone else's. There can be a lot of pressure to get caught up with a story's score, or how many views it gets. I thought Lovecraft did a great job articulating why new authors in particular should remember not to lose track of their creative vision.

I especially liked the advice, "Write from your heart as much, if not more, than from your mind. Write with confidence, and passion and for the joy of it." Can't go wrong with that!

The other thing I really enjoyed about the interview was learning more about the author's background and what inspires him. I interact with Lovecraft sometimes in the author's forum, but this was a much more personal perspective, and that's the biggest thing I didn't expect from these interviews. I've read his story, Naked Beneath (and highly recommend it), and as revealing as that was, I learned new things in this interview.

I'm looking forward to the next author interview you publish!

yesterdaysyesterdaysalmost 2 years ago

Excellent interview. Thanks to both of you.

Bob_AganoushBob_Aganoushalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, yesterdays

Mr_BradyMr_Bradyover 1 year ago

Going pretty much by my memory (which isn’t always totally reliable) I’m thinking that Lovecraft68 was one of the first writers stories that I read when first finding the Literotica website. I was literally and happily blown away by the solid swift kick to my brain by reading his work.

And I have to say I’m thankful to have found these series of interviews that Bob has done with some of the very accomplished authors here on Literotica. I have to say I’ve been curious as to what inspires and ignites the muse inside them, because I’ve tried my hand at writing as well.

I appreciate Lovecraft68’s recommendation to “Just Do It” when it comes to writing. And to him reminding us want to be authors to write what we want, rather than to write to get the highest ratings.

Thanks Bob_Aganoush for this very enlightening series of interviews. I’m enjoying and profiting from them immensely ☀️❤️

Bob_AganoushBob_Aganoushover 1 year agoAuthor

You're welcome Mr_Brady, and I appreciate your thoughts. I understand what you're saying about the first author you encountered here. For me, it was KRR1957, whose stories I loved and who inspired me to write my own. Glad you're enjoying the series.

djripdjripover 1 year ago

These interviews are a great window into some incredible writers. It's interesting how intimately readers and authors can interact here. I wouldn't be able to get this kind of personal look at Stephen King's process or Neil Gaiman's thoughts on how his childhood impacted his storytelling. I feel a little starstruck sometimes at the names I see chilling on AH, available to casually chat with. (Then I scurry away!)

Bob_AganoushBob_Aganoushover 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks, djrip. Glad you find the interviews helpful

satisweetsatisweet10 months ago

Thank you for being so honest and open about your writing process. You are clearly a thoughtful intelligent individual. Thanks for sharing your writing with us!

Bob_AganoushBob_Aganoush10 months agoAuthor

Thanks for your comment, satisweet. That's exactly why I started these interviews, to give readers a peek into the minds of authors.

dawg997dawg9978 months ago

Thanks Bob for this interview. It gave me an insight to how a writer here creates and imagines his/her stories.

After all, most of the stories here are a bit warped, most very sexual. Heck, so am I as a reader, warped that is. I've enjoyed lovecraft68 stories, as well as many other writers. While I regret he doesn't write very often for free anymore, I am happy he is making money off of his creations and imagination. There are a lot of great authors here, and you interviewed one of the best.

Again, thanks for this and your other interviews. I've never written a story but this interview, and others, has given me a desire to try. I'm working on something now and find it is much tougher to create a good story than I first thought. I can also see why an editor is so important to review passages and as a sounding board for ideas how the story should go. I don't have one, but am going to put out a story anyway, ratings and comments be damned.

Keep up the good work. Two authors I enjoy are bluedragonauthor (John Billionaire series) and Estcher, (Escort neighbour) and would be interested in their answers.

Anyway, thanks!

Bob_AganoushBob_Aganoush8 months agoAuthor

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, dawg997

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBob_Aganoush@Bob_Aganoush
407 Followers
I'm just a professor who has discovered that reading and writing erotica is much more interesting than academic work. My career ambition is to hold an endowed chair in erotic literature, and get paid for writing erotica. Or alternatively, make enough money so that I could en...