Literotica Authors 11: Imstillfun

Story Info
Interviews with Literotica authors, #11: Imstillfun.
1.4k words
4.58
5.5k
9

Part 11 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/08/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For a few years now I have been conducting a series of interviews with authors on Literotica. This is the 11th in the series, with the author Imstillfun, who has 85 stories as of this writing. I think you'll appreciate hearing from her.

I hope that you enjoy this series of interviews. Please feel free to send me your feedback, including suggestions of some of your favorite authors you would like to see interviewed. These are the words of the authors themselves; I have conducted a light edit only for formatting, typos, and consistency.

Is there anything about you and your background, beyond what is in your Literotica profile, that you would like your readers to know about you?

Well, I guess a major factor is that I'm bipolar type II. This makes writing difficult because there are only certain places in my cycles where I can concentrate to write. It also helps in my writing because one of the symptoms is hyper sexuality.

I'm sorry I'm not writing as much these days. One reason is I don't have as many ideas for new scenarios but also I have an online stalker who writes me about 10-15 times a month. Sometimes 4-5 times a day. I have not responded to him for over four years but he still writes. Every time I get something from him it flips my bipolar switch and I stop writing.

I really don't like the fact that comments are no longer instantaneous and that they are moderated. I really miss the raw emotion in some of the comments directed at my stories. I'd really like to write a porn movie based on one of my stories.

Do you remember when you first discovered that you liked reading erotic literature? How did this come about?

I started reading Penthouse letters from my older brothers Penthouse. I'll let you figure out the approximate age. But he was seven years older than I.

When did you first begin writing your own erotic literature? What prompted you to write your own?

I started writing in 2015. My first story was on another site that's not as classy. That story is published here too. I like Literotica because people respond to you. I started writing because a bunch of my or my husband's fantasies kept growing in my head and I had to get them on paper to get them out of my head.

What is your typical writing style - do you work in shorter bursts, writing a section of a story and then putting it aside and returning to it? Or do you sit down and write a story from beginning to end? Do you work on multiple stories or poems in parallel, or sequentially?

I have two stories going right now. Usually they start with a snippet of a scene, an idea I get from TV, a movie, another story I read, a past experience, or something my husband suggests. For example, I read a story and in it a drunk wife was being fucked doggy style over her husband, who was passed out. The guy fucking her kept trying to wake the husband who had no idea what was going on. I liked the visual, but I don't like my characters impaired, I like them making choices on a clear head, and I like my husbands to be enjoying what's happening to their wives. So I wrote a story, including that scene but with my changes.

Stories come in bipolar bursts which means I can write four chapters in a day or take weeks to write one story.

Your bio on Lit currently states, "I am loving cuckold stories these days. They bring out such violent emotions in some people that I can't help but want to write more. What writer doesn't want to see their audience have an emotional reaction to their work?" What got you interested in cuckold stories in particular, and why do you think cuckold stories elicit such a strong response in readers?

Well, I don't see them as true cuckold stories as the husband is always involved and enjoying it. However, I have a group of fans who hate this type of story. I call them fans because they read them from beginning to end, they follow me and read all my stories, and only then do they leave me a hateful comment or send a message. I truly see these people as self-loathing, getting turned on by my stories and then being mad at me for turning them on.

I think a good story puts the reader in the story. They identify with a character and read on. Instead of identifying with the so-called bull these people put themselves in as the cuckold and then hate themselves for it.

Your bio also says that you generally write only single-chapter stories, yet you do have a handful of multi-chapter stories. How do you decide when to continue a story in multiple chapters? Is this something you decide before you start writing the story, or is it more in response to getting a positive reaction to a particular story and you continue it? Or some other reason?

No logic to it, stories just pour out of me. If they get too long I break them up.

Most readers read erotica in order to be aroused, and many (hopefully!) are also looking for a good plot. How do you balance the need for plot in your stories with the "hotness" factor necessary to get attention on Literotica?

I actually have a harder time writing the sex scene. I usually start with that in mind. What will the final sex scene look like. Then I add venue, then I decide who the characters are. Then I figure out how to get those characters from "innocence" to the sex scene. I feel setting up the scene is the most important part of the story, that slow fall from grace. When I actually start writing the sex scene I'm usually bored with it because I've played it over and over in my head. I have to force myself to make it long enough and fun enough to make the rest of the story pay off for the reader.

When you're not busy writing your own stories, what are your favorite kinds of stories to read on Literotica, and why?

Truly, I often read my own stories, it's like revisiting a fantasy. When looking for stories I look for stories that are in the past tense, told in the first person. If they jump in with a sex scene I stop reading, or if the character is a swinger or already a slut, I move on. I like stories like my own where the character goes from being "normal" to becoming a slut.

I often look at my female fans to see who their favorite authors are and then I go through those authors looking for stories I may like.

Many readers wonder about the sex lives of the authors they like reading. You're very upfront in telling your readers which of your stories are based in whole or in part on your real-life experiences as a swinger. How do you decide whether to base a story on your own experiences, as opposed to pure fiction?

It depends on the characters. Again, taking some from "never have I ever," to doing something slutty is my kink.

Outside of your erotica, do you do other types of writing, either for work or pleasure?

No, this is it.

Any specific advice you would give to authors new to writing erotic literature on Lit?

Ignore the haters. If your stories score a 3 or higher that means over half the people liked it. If it rates lower it usually looks like you need to work on style not the plot.

Anything else about you or your writing that you would like our readers to know?

I really don't like the fact that comments are no longer instantaneous and that they are moderated. I really miss them. I read every comment, responded to all emails until you become a stalker or I believe you're not who you say you are. I lot of people try to cyber with me or asking for advice on scenarios that aren't really true. If you're a husband, trying to get your wife to do something I'm going to ask for a normal picture of her. If you can't produce one, I stop chatting.

Thank you Imstillfun for this interview!