All Comments on 'Little Fish'

by jtmalone70

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
george55george55almost 16 years ago
Happy to see your return

I enjoy your writing style. No 'he said, she said" Just the dialog. Thinking the reader is smart enough to know who said what! Good to see something new from jtmalone....

moronno2moronno2almost 16 years ago
A welcome return

Good to read your work again. This little vignette was delightful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Welcome back

Great story loved it, good to see a well developed story with character. Keep on writting more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Outstanding

You have a gift for making your characters real.

SWUS80SWUS80over 15 years ago
Glad to see you back

What a wonderful return! I love the descriptive sex scenes in your other stories (I know you put a disclaimer on this story, but still wanted to mention), but I think this was still a very good story.

I thought the comedy was superb, particularly the dialogue about the fish in the pond.

I would love to read more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Nice change of pace...

I really enjoy your stories for when I'm not trying to get all worked up. They are very real and sensual and not full of pornographic language which I really enjoy reading when I know my boyfriend isn't going to be around. I really thought I was reading a true account or something written by a professional. I really look forward to your next story(s).

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 14 years ago
This was a delight

Though I found the shifts in POV hard to handle at first. But the sexual and emotional tension was amazing...

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Unforgettable

This is still reverberating in my head days after I read it. I thought I had commented, so now I can tell you you that this story is memorable for its language, for the development of characters, for the subtle intensity of the storyline. Reminiscent of J.D. Salinger. A standout. Thank you.

bird2002bird2002over 14 years ago
tnank you so much!

god , finally you are back, and with a bro/sis, and i wonder when will you turn back to mom/son things, and i pray! hope god hear me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Lovely bait

I want to follow your characters wherever they wander. Or trip and stumble. Hmm, blundering into love. Nicely done.

GrampervGrampervover 11 years ago
Brilliant

Possibly the best-written thing I ever read, on Lit or anywhere. Thank you.

whismerhillwhismerhillabout 11 years ago

a bit difficult to follow at first for a non native english speaker

lots of dialogue and not much presentation

however the whole story is quite nice, I liked how it presented a real facet of 2 young inexperienced guyz gravitating around a girl who they thought was unreachable...

however I must say, I wished the sex was a little bit more developed

also the story progressed a bit fast from : I slept with my sister

to : "sister loves you to death" and then "happy ending"

still a very good story though XD

BoldVultureBoldVultureabout 11 years ago
Agonizing, painful, true

No story in lit has so reminded me of my own protracted adolescence. Amazingly painful in parts. Hugely relieving when it all worked out.

PenelopePendergaspPenelopePendergaspabout 11 years ago
Fucking fantastic

Damn if that wasn't masterfully executed. Sonofabitch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
completely unique

I didn't think that I was going to like it based upon the start; but of course you were setting us up for the twist. A slow meandering build-up with misdirection throughout. Instead; now I want the story to continue, really want to know what Carolyn told Jerry, how Gil & Carolyn move forward. I want to know about the past; how / why they stayed so far apart, and why no one ever had a clue "who Carolyn really was"

Using dialog the way you did; I had to really pay attention & think about who was saying what; at first it threw me,but after awhile I rather liked it. Go Figure.

I didn't want it to end. THX

DKP

hardcoreliteraryhardcoreliteraryover 9 years ago
No ratings?

An author's choice, I suppose.

A very odd approach to telling a story and some pretty unusual characters inhabiting it but the result is emotionally powerful and quite a compelling reading experience. An enigmatic woman and two close friends who are also very different from each other adds up to a fraught, high-tension feeling throughout and a surprising denouement but one that also seems almost inevitable. Well worth reading and, for my money, a five star result.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Somebody pls explain me?

SPOILER questions.

Why out of the blu she felt the need to hurt her brother by giving away her virginity to his best friend?

Why she did it in such a cold hearted way, dressing up and telling her bro not to wait for her, then, surprising his bubby with dinner and a night in a hotel ... then living her bro in the dark to inevitably find out the cruelest way?

Did she find it important to drill a hole to the heart of the man she loved for some reason I don't get?

Messy112Messy112over 3 years ago
Very confused

Great work....but it's a little confusing regards your remaining stories, which are all full of info and emotion. Back stories of all the character's are short and their remark and feelings are some guarded. But still a different taste and appreciate.

Hope you will revisit it again and explain it even more

TheOldStudTheOldStudabout 2 years ago

Great story...but very confusing...

mReLEGANZAmReLEGANZAover 1 year ago

DAMNIT, I READ THIS TO jerk off, not feel all maudlin and shit.

reminds me of like...maybe Salinger, or some 60's black and white romance, with not much dialogue and lots of itense silence...fuck, i dont know...but yeah, fucking great story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

ngl, im confused. its tag as a incest romance, yet my take away is that despite loving her brother, caroline decides to stab him in the back by giving her virginity to his best friend. And yes, i know its hers to give etc etc, but it doesnt seem very romantic. She loves her brother yet does that and then goes back to him without a care in world expecting everything to go her way. idk,it just feels wrong, and leaves so many unanswered questions that it makes the whole story feel rushed and unfinished. What there is of it, is good, but the ending is just, it leaves a lot to be desired and doesnt really feel like an ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous