All Comments on 'Little Fur-Skin'

by PhilippaMaQuente

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Loved the story

King Dastran sounds like a wonderful catch -- a loving man, young and lusty, but wonderfully controlled that he does not frighten Otivia. He loves her and respects her. I wish when she had looked at his sleeping form that she had seen a bit of sexy chest hair on his masculine chest. Make him a real man for her!

PhilippaMaQuentePhilippaMaQuenteabout 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

When I edit this next, I will add a little chest hair! ;) I have plans for how this story fits into my canon, and I will be smoothing it out and perfecting it. I sometimes forget small details like that, but I do love my men a little hirsute.

mitchawamitchawaabout 5 years ago
Great Story

Definitely a fairy tale plot and story, and in keeping with the stereotype. The set-up or hook was well done, and shows a tyrant can show up in the best of men when under the stress of a love lost. Otivia demonstrated her intelligence by preparing to leave, and her travel and hiding showed her ability to cope with adversity. The discovery and "capture" were right out of a story book. The travel to the castle with Dastran fore shadowed their love for each other. Her rejecting the fine bedroom for a place in his closet was probably a little over the top, but I fit the plot. Dastran's treatment of her was certainly a fairy book senanio. The disguise, sleeping arrangements, her servant hood, and his feeding her lead to the first coupling and the idea of a ball was Cinderella-like. The "mad-father's appearance was and remorse was expected. The joining of the two Kingdoms was in keeping with the plot. Well Done!

PhilippaMaQuentePhilippaMaQuenteabout 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

If you're interested in reading the Grimms' tale this is based on, you can find a version of it here: http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/grimm065.html

Many of the points in the story come from the original incarnation and I've changed a few for my purposes, in keeping with my style.

I am quite heavily fairy-tale influenced as a writer; have been since I started. They were an obsession when I was younger and the Grimms' original tales, (and even older) can be quite compelling and macabre, though they are very simply written. I hope I achieved an "elevated" level of the story for you readers. <3

Thanks for the comments!

rescatooorrescatooorabout 5 years ago
I'm a sucker for these kind of fairy-tale retellings...

Very Carter-esque. However, I don't find this story very April-foolsy. I understand that the contest theme requirements are a little fussy, and I can understand why you might've submitted it thinking that the deception aspect of the story will suffice. Unfortunately for me it doesn't. I'm still happy you entered it, since that way I ended up reading it. I beg your pardon that your five-star rating will be a little delayed, and I hope you will do well in the monthly contest instead! Still you got yourself a new follower. Job altogether well done!

PhilippaMaQuentePhilippaMaQuenteabout 5 years agoAuthor
Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the follow, rescatooor. Currently this is the only contest I'm participating in, as it was sort of me testing the waters on how the contests work. At this point I guess I would be waiting for the next round to come along.

This one is a little unconventional for the theme, but it does have several subtle threads of deception and hidden identities woven throughout. Really, the contest was just an excuse to put together this idea and to get more name recognition. I don't expect to place, but of course it would be nice. I will probably jump into more contests depending on the themes at play. Thanks for enjoying!

PhilippaMaQuentePhilippaMaQuenteabout 5 years agoAuthor
I don't tolerate rude comments.

Constructive criticism on any of my work is fine, rudeness is not. I will delete all nasty comments that serve no purpose but to belittle or humiliate me and my work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Lovely tale

Well written, well thought out. An enjoyable read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPhilippaMaQuente@PhilippaMaQuente
I am the purveyor of pulchritudinous pornography, the erotic enthusiast, the amorous author. A champion of my own unique brand of GOTHIC LITERARY FEMINIST EROTICA and a proponent of sex positivity. While my stories may be an acquired taste, I welcome those with adventurous pal...