Live with It

Story Info
A visit home brings old habits and a change of dynamics.
20.4k words
4.79
75.1k
315
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Xarth
Xarth
14,679 Followers

Author's Note: All characters over eighteen.

****

Angel and Ivy arrived at their parents' house almost at the same time. Angel stepped out of his car and grinned at his sister, who was just behind him.

"I win!"

Ivy rolled her eyes. "That wasn't a race."

"You're only saying that because you lost," Angel pointed out.

"Quite frankly, the odds of us arriving so close together is absurdly low," Ivy said.

"Mmhm."

"The fact that you'd declare victory in a fictitious race rather than marvel at such a stroke of happenstance is really rather childish," Ivy said.

"That sounds like loser talk to me."

Ivy growled and launched herself at her brother. "Oh you fuck! Two seconds in and you're already being insufferable! This might be the shortest family visit of all time, you know."

"At least it'd be a record."

By the time their parents and sister arrived on the back deck to greet them, Angel and Ivy were rolling around on the lawn in a sibling scuffle fit for people a quarter their age.

"Well that's a friggin' record," Quinn grumbled.

"See, breaking records everywhere today!" Angel crowed, pointing at his and Ivy's little sister as though she were the authority on the subject.

"She wasn't happy for you," Ivy said. "The sarcasm was so thick there it practically stands up on its own."

Their mom, Rose, sighed at the display. "Oh dear. And here I keep thinking my children have all grown up. It never seems to take, does it?"

Their dad, Ian, took a more pragmatic approach. Whistling cheerfully, he walked over to the garden hose, pointed it at his wrestling children, and turned it on.

Shrieks emanated from Angel and Ivy and they quickly separated and scampered out of range of the water. Ian, still just as cheerful, recoiled the hose and put it away again.

"Well that was unnecessary!" Angel protested.

"But fun," Ian said.

"Ah, see, this is where we get it from," Ivy said. "Dad's a bad influence."

"I know it darling," Rose said. "Which is why you need to rise above it. Now get your things inside and get changed. I want hugs, but not while you're both dripping wet."

Angel and Ivy grabbed bags out of their respective cars, getting some more token grumbles in while they were at it. They both stopped at nearly the same time as they realized their was a fourth member to their audience that they hadn't noticed before. Another girl standing close to Quinn and watching the proceedings with interest.

"Who's this then?" Ivy asked.

"I'm Zara," the girl said. "Nice to meet you."

"She's--" Quinn started.

"She's Quinn's girlfriend," Rose said proudly.

"Mooommm!" Quinn protested loudly. "I told you, we're not doing labels or anything."

"And I told you I don't know what that means, sweetie," Rose said, adding a kiss to Quinn's forehead. "Now Ivy, you'll have to share your brother's room, since Quinn and her not girlfriend have already settled in the room you two used to share."

"What, hey!" Ivy said. "That's not fair."

"Yeah, she could sleep on the couch," Angel suggested.

"More like you could," Ivy said. "You're the boy. What happened to chivalry."

"Well known fact it doesn't apply to sisters," Angel said.

Quinn rolled her eyes and dragged Zara inside. "So embarrassing," she muttered.

****

Angel and Ivy stood in Angel's old room, staring at the only bed.

"Well it's my bed, so--" Angel started.

"It was your bed," Ivy corrected. "Again, the chivalrous move would be to give it to me."

"Hell no. I'm not sleeping on the floor. I'm getting too old for that."

"Well so am I."

"So what, we sleep in shifts?" Angel asked.

"That sounds like a lot of work," Ivy said.

"Yeah, I thought so too." He shrugged. "Flip a coin?"

"One of us is going to lose though."

"Yeah. Fuck."

They stared at the bed some more.

"We could... share it," Ivy said tentatively.

"Weird," Angel said.

"I know. But hear me out, we share the bed and... well actually that's the whole idea."

"You'd have to stay on your side."

"Well duh. I wouldn't want to be on your side."

"And we'll need an extra set of blankets."

Ivy tilted her head curiously. "Why?"

"'Cause you'll probably steal all the covers," Angel said.

"Why would you even assume that?"

"Well I know you pretty well, don't I?"

"You don't know how I am in bed," Ivy said defiantly.

Angel actually paused and blushed a little. "I mean... that's true but--"

"Wait wait wait, not like that. I obviously didn't mean it like that."

"But you said--"

"I know what I said. Just... shush. Shhh."

"But--"

"Shhh!" Ivy said, placing her finger across Angel's lips. "You say one more word about it and I'm kicking you out of bed, I don't care how much you argue."

The brother and sister got locked in a standstill, and were fortunately rescued by Quinn showing up.

"How's it going in here?" she asked. "I thought you guys would be downstairs already."

"We're having trouble deciding on sleeping arrangements," Ivy said.

"Ah, that," Quinn said. "Well good luck."

"You know, you've got two beds now," Angel said. "What if we switched rooms?"

"No," Quinn said.

"Well why not?" Ivy asked, joining her brother's side. "You and Zara will be sharing, obviously."

"It's my room--"

"Our room," Ivy corrected instantly.

"--I got here first--"

"Got you there," Angel said.

"--and who says Zara and I are sharing anyway?"

Angel and Ivy paused.

"She's basically your girlfriend though, right?" Angel said.

"We're not--"

"Not doing labels, yes, we heard," Ivy said. "So are you boinking or what?"

Quinn rolled her eyes and whirled around. "Not having this conversation. Enjoy sharing a bed. Byyyeee."

Ivy looked at Angel. "Wanna go torment her about Zara instead of dealing with this mess, and kind of just hope it solves itself?"

"You had me at 'solves itself.'"

"That's the last thing I said."

"Then it's a good thing you said it."

****

Quinn ignored most of what her siblings said during family dinner and afterward. She was well aware they were mostly just probing attacks to see how sensitive she was. Besides, she had enough to contend with when it came to her parents being supportive. The problem was that her mom especially overdid it and just kept being embarrassing.

Zara found it all funny rather than mortifying, thank god, and spent a lot of time squeezing Quinn's hand under the table.

Angel and Ivy got bored of trying to tease her, and only about half an hour after supper they were already sniping at each other again instead. Quinn happily snuggled on the couch with Zara and watched her supposedly older and more mature siblings devolve into rolling around tussling on the floor like puppies.

"Does this happen a lot?" Zara asked.

"More than you'd probably think," Quinn said. "I think they just miss each other and can't ever admit it to anyone."

"Like hell," Ivy grumbled, currently trying to put their brother in a head lock. "Being an only child sounds pretty good right about now."

"You'd be so bored," Angel laughed, wriggling out of her grip.

"I would not," Ivy said. "And just think, I'd have a room all to myself when I came to visit. I mean honestly, having to share with you, what did I do to deserve that?"

"Well how do you think I feel?" Angel said. "Having my bed invaded and everything. Not enough room for your stupid butt in it."

"My stupid butt's gonna tie you up and leave you downstairs all night, how do you like that!"

Quinn rolled her eyes as the two of them got ferociously wrestling again, as though some kind of physical contest was going to solve anything.

Rose came in with a couple plates of cheesecake. She noted her older children misbehaving and just shook her head, "I shouldn't have to say this, because you both very well know, but just grab the air mattress and one of you can have that. You don't have to share, honestly."

"Yeah, Angel, you can have the air mattress," Ivy said.

"My bed, I get it. You take the air mattress!"

Rose carefully ignored the further bickering and offered the plates of cheesecake to Quinn and Zara.

"Thank you," Zara said. "This looks delicious."

"It is," Quinn said. "Mom makes good deserts."

"Thanks, sweetie," Rose said, giving Quinn a kiss on the top of her head. "Do you think your brother and sister are going to stop long enough to want any?"

"It's about a fifty-fifty," Quinn said. "Although sooner or later they'll tucker themselves out, I suppose."

"Yeah, Angel's about to give up," Ivy said.

"Oh like hell!"

"I'll bring in two more plates and they can have some when they're ready," Rose said.

"Bring a spray bottle or something too, please," Quinn said.

"They aren't cats," Rose said. "A little water isn't going to stop them."

"Well I'll get in trouble if I bring the hose inside," Quinn said. "Though maybe Dad would do it...."

"I'm just ignoring this until they wear themselves out," Ian said, ambling past.

"Very wise, dear," Rose said. "Perhaps under the circumstances we could, uh, go to bed early?"

This last comment finally united all three children in a chorus of booing.

"Gross, Mom," Quinn said.

"Oh for heaven's sake," Rose said, rolling her eyes. "That wasn't worth getting upset about. I didn't even say the word 'sex.'"

Angel covered his ears theatrically. "Ah, she said it! She said the word!"

Ivy briefly thought about taking advantage of her brother's vulnerable state, then instead joined him lying on her back, feigning distress. "It burns! It burnsss!"

Rose frowned for a moment, then narrowed her eyes evilly. "Sex! Sex sex sex. Your parents are going to have sex. Sexy sexy sex!"

Ian laughed and scooped his wife away before she could further traumatize their kids.

Zara alone was absolutely cracking up, and Quinn despite her best efforts soon was smiling and nestling against her for comfort.

Angel and Ivy remained laying calmly on the floor, no longer attempting to pin each other down.

"Well that was weird," Ivy said. "I don't think I much cared for it."

"Nor I," Angel said. "And she didn't even bring us cheesecake before they left."

"Alas."

"And probably alack."

"You two are funny," Zara said whilst savouring a bite of cheesecake on her fork. "I like you."

"That makes one of us," Quinn mumbled.

"Pff, you looove us," Ivy said.

"Hehe, gross, Quinn loves her faaammmily," Angel taunted.

"You're just lucky I'm not willing to waste this," Quinn said, taking another bite of cheesecake. "Or I'd be flinging it at you so hard."

"Throw a pillow, babe," Zara offered, extending a cushion to Quinn.

"Ooh, she called you babe," Angel said. "It is serious, isn't it?"

"Very," Zara confirmed, burying her face in Quinn's neck and giving her several kisses.

"Hey! Don't encourage them," Quinn said, squirming a bit but unwilling to break free of Zara's grip.

"Do encourage us," Ivy said. "Do it! How'd you meet? How long have you been together? Tell us all the stuff Quinn doesn't want us to know!"

Quinn biffed a pillow at Ivy, who protested that kind of treatment but didn't seem chagrined to have brought it upon herself.

"We're not getting into any of that," Quinn said firmly. "You two are just going to be embarrassing."

Ivy pulled her shirt back down some where it had ridden up from her and Angel's wrestling match. "In what way?"

"Every conceivable way," Quinn said. "It's like this whole family delights in being humiliating and mortifying."

"Yes, but luckily it's only between us," Angel pointed out. "So really no harm done."

"Only further emotional scarring, you mean," Quinn said.

"Oh, that. That's just family for you."

Quinn pouted and concentrated on her desert while Zara traitorously continued to giggle at her siblings' antics.

****

"So... we still didn't really sort this out, huh?" Angel said, staring at the one lonely bed.

Ivy folded her arms. "Not so much."

"I don't want to get the air mattress."

"Me either."

The siblings kept staring at the bed.

"I mean... if we just stay on our own sides...."

Ivy slowly nodded. "We'll manage, right? We're grown-ass adults. This is nothing."

"Right. Exactly."

Thus agreed, Ivy dropped her pants and stepped out of them.

Angel was slightly taken aback. "Well what the hell are you doing now?"

"Getting ready for bed. Duh."

"By stripping?"

"Oh good lord, what, like I was gonna sleep in my jeans?"

"Well... no, I guess not," Angel said. "But, uh... oh stop that!"

Ivy had her hand under her shirt, and came out holding her bra. "I assure you, I'm not sleeping in this either."

"I don't like where this is headed."

Ivy threw her hands up. "Why? This is how I always used to sleep. You've seen me in a shirt and underwear many times."

"Not recently."

"So?"

"And not... not like taking stuff off in front of me," Angel mumbled.

"Are you uncomfortable because you're finding it hot? Is that what this is?"

"Pff, no. Obviously not that. You're my sister. Jeez. Might as well think that door's hot."

Ivy glared and threw her bra at her brother. Her frown turned to an evil smile as he rapidly swatted it away. "I should just take the whole bed for a comment like that."

"Like hell."

"It was very rude, you know."

"No it wasn't," Angel said. "You know what I mean. Sisters are just sisters. Not like women. Not really."

"You're digging this hole awfully deep, brother dearest."

"You know what I mean!"

"You keep saying that," Ivy said. "It doesn't make it true." She folded her arms and cocked her hips. "I'm every bit a woman."

Angel swallowed and looked away. "I mean I know that. But like... like I can't look at you like that. It'd be weird."

"'Cause what, if you recognized that I was a woman you'd want to have sex with me?"

"Gross, Ivy."

"But you would though, wouldn't you?" Ivy smirked. "You think I'm hot."

"Oh fuck off. It's not a matter of thinking anything. I mean look at you right now. You're half naked in my bedroom and we're about to sleep together. That's... I mean that's quite hot. But it's got nothing to do with... the thing of it is...."

"Yes?"

"Shut up. That's what."

Ivy giggled insanely and fell onto the bed. "You're such a mess right now, Angel. I've never seen you like this. Even the most embarrassing crushes you had back in school weren't this bad."

"I'd never crush on you, just so we're clear," Angel said while giving in and pulling his pants off.

"Well duh." Ivy rolled on her side, propped her head up on her hand, and grinned mischievously. "But you would if you could. That's what's funny."

"I would never."

"If I wasn't your sis-ter I mean."

"Oh. Well that's different."

"Perv."

Angel rolled his eyes, doffed his shirt, and threw it in a ball at his sister's head.

"Hey!" Ivy threw it right back. "Put that back on!"

"No."

"Well you can't get in bed with me like that."

Angel looked down at himself. "Why not?"

"You're practically naked now."

"I am not. Still got my boxers on."

"And nothing else!" Ivy said. "I left my shirt on, at least."

"Well yeah, but you're a girl," Angel said. "You got tits. That's different."

"That's friggin' sexist."

"It's not. You have tits. I've seen 'em."

Ivy's eyes narrowed. "Say what now?"

"I mean through your shirts and stuff. Not just like while you were topless or anything. I know you have them, is the point."

"So what?"

"So... you shouldn't take your shirt off."

"I don't want to," Ivy said. "I just want you to put yours back on."

"Why do you care? Are you worried about how good I look like this?" Angel asked as he struck a bit of a pose.

"I just don't want you naked. That seems reasonable."

"I'm not--"

"I don't want you mostly naked either."

"Too bad for you, I guess," Angel said, climbing into bed.

"Ugh, whatever."

Ivy tossed her shirt off as well, then lay back in the bed. A long moment of silence passed.

"Did you just take your shirt off?" Angel asked.

"Yep."

"But... why?"

"'Cause you're being an ass."

Angel struggled with his next words. "But... but I can see your tits now."

"Only if you look."

"Well it's really hard not to! I'm staring so hard at the ceiling right now!"

"Hehe, knew you wanted to see me."

"I don't. It's just... it's hard not to look. I don't want to, but I know I could."

Ivy shrugged. "Yeah, well, same with you and no shirt."

"It's not the same. We've been over this."

"No, it's not exactly the same. But it's similar."

"It's very different."

"You only say that because you're losing."

"What am I possibly losing?" Angel asked.

"Right now?" Ivy said. "Possibly your sanity."

"I... I can't actually argue with that."

Angel got up to shut off the lights. His gaze flicked to Ivy's bare chest a couple times, making them both blush. She compensated by squirming herself under the covers and pretending like she hadn't noticed.

"Just get in bed, would you?" Ivy said.

"Yeah yeah."

Angel got into bed next to her. They both just lay on their backs in silence for a while until Ivy finally rolled away from her brother, onto her side.

"Well, good night," she said.

"Yeah, sure, right."

Angel rolled opposite her, so their backs were facing. He only lasted a minute before rolling the other way, then shifted again after that.

"Settle down," Ivy grumbled.

"I'm trying."

"Not very hard."

"Well this is awkward," Angel complained.

"I know it."

"It's not an overly large bed."

"I know that too."

"So like trying to find a comfortable position without touching you is not easy."

Ivy sighed. "What if we put our backs together?"

"What?"

"Like scooch back against me, get some extra room, but without it being weird."

"Huh. Maybe."

Angel shifted his back against Ivy's. He settled in even more awkwardly than before, but stayed still for longer this time.

"At least you're warm, I guess," Ivy said.

Angel snorted. "Thanks."

"It's an upside, at least."

"Uh huh."

"We have to do something different tomorrow night."

"Agreed."

There was silence again for a while.

"I don't think it's gonna work though," Angel finally said.

"Aw jeez," Ivy said. "Not fallin' asleep, huh? Me either."

"I think it might be worse touching like this."

"I don't know. You've stayed still, at least."

"Yeah," Angel said. "But like, I don't know, there's just something throwing me off about that kind of contact, but not cuddling or something."

"We're not cuddling with our shirts off," Ivy said.

"Of course not. But I think we need to do something diff--"

"Ok fine!" Ivy rolled over and snuggled up against her brother, wrapping an arm overtop of him. "That better?"

"Um... I don't know how to answer that."

"Just go to sleep."

"You're not sleeping either. Don't put this all on me. Also, it's very distracting having your boobs against me."

"Shhh, sleep now."

"But--"

"Shhh."

****

Angel surprisingly found that he did fall asleep at some point. He woke up confused about that and a few other things, slowly reconciling himself to how he and Ivy had gone to bed, and how she was still pressed right up against him. His sister was insanely warm and snuggly first thing in the morning, and her breasts squished against his back were....

Well, he didn't want to think about that too hard, actually.

God she felt nice though. She felt absolutely amazing, to the point he didn't want to move an inch lest she awaken. He'd have to at some point if he didn't want her to wake up while they were still entangled. That would just be weird, wouldn't it?

At any rate, Angel didn't budge. He felt his erection throbbing slowly in his boxers, though it was hard to say how much was from Ivy and how much was just morning wood. He kind of wanted to play with it, but that obviously would have been too much movement.

Xarth
Xarth
14,679 Followers