Living on the Edge Ch. 03

Story Info
Patrick's heartbreak turns into something better.
5.9k words
4.09
1.8k
3
0

Part 3 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/06/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

**********************************************************

This story is a work of fiction any real people in this are completely coincidental. This story takes place before the covid- 19 outbreak. This is a series meant to be enjoyed with, as well. This is the final edited version, it is also meant for enjoyment purposes. I hope you enjoy the new version of this story, as I have made lots of changes from the other version. So I hope you enjoy it. Happy reading!!! It is the final edited version. This series is meant for enjoyment purposes. I hope you enjoy the new version, as I have made lots of changes from the original version. Happy reading!!!

**********************************************************

Realizing that Patrick must have left his wallet at the apartment. He heads back to go get it. He also forgot a flash drive as well, so regardless of him missing his wallet or not, he still had to backtrack and get the flash drive. Patrick gets back to his apartment, as the door is locked. He thought that he left the door open.

"Well that is strange, I left the door open before I left, why is it locked," Patrick says to himself.

Patrick unlocks the door, and the minute he walks into the apartment he hears moans coming from his bedroom. He knew who these moans were from the minute they echoed throughout his ears. They were coming from his bedroom, they were from his girlfriend Melanie, and they were coming from someone else with her in his bedroom.

Hearing the moans coming from his bedroom. It made him almost feel sick to his stomach. It felt like someone had punched him in the gut really hard. Patrick couldn't breathe, he couldn't speak. Knowing very well if he walked down the hall, that he would see more of what he doesn't need to see. He heard it already which is bad enough, but seeing it will make it worse. Foolishly opening the door, to see a colleague and friend of his on top of Melanie. Seeing someone who he thought he could trust, on top of his girlfriend in his apartment. He just clenches his fists and then Patrick wants to go up to them and strangle him.

The emotions take over as Patrick sits down on the floor beside the door, and hears everything going on in the bedroom. Every moan and whimper, every vulgar response from Melanie to him. He cannot get the image of it out of his head now. All he needed to see was just a few seconds of it. It was enough to set him off. Here he is sitting in the hallway listening to them both. It is taking everything within himself to not barge into the room and interrupt them.

Patrick was now completely seeing nothing but red. When he opened up the door, his heart spilled onto the floor. He did not need to see Jerry's face, because he saw Melanie's and that is when he first saw red. It was right then and there that Patrick knew that his love for her was over. He wasn't going to love her anymore.

The next few minutes seemed like hours for Patrick, it was like everything just stopped.

He just sat there and didn't say a word. Causing himself more pain and hurt as he sat and listened to Melanie and Jerry fucking in his bed. In his bedroom, "How could she do this to me," is the only thing going through his mind. After everything he has done for Melanie, how could she do this to him?

Thinking about a song he likes by the band called Warrant, the song is called, "I saw red."

He remembers a line in one of the verses from that song, as he says it to himself a few times, the lyric goes like this, "I've been hurt and I've been blind, I am really not sure that I'll be fine. I didn't think it would end up this way."

Picking up a picture of him and Melanie that is on one of their end tables. It was a picture of their first vacation together when Melanie had her arms wrapped around him. Her lips kissing his cheek, there is another picture on the opposite end table and in that one, Patrick has his arms wrapped around her and both of them are smiling together. They looked so happy together, as he sits there and thinks to himself, "What did I do wrong?"

He cannot handle it anymore as he smashes both of the pictures onto the floor. This of course alerts Melanie that someone is home, as she and Jerry both come out of the bedroom. Jerry sees Patrick sitting on the couch. Now realizing who is home, as Melanie has now seen him also, the both of them have pajamas on. Melanie just a t-shirt and Jerry a pair of pajamas. The look on Melanie's face is of shame, as she was foolish to think Patrick wouldn't find out.

Melanie's jaw dropped to the floor as she saw him. Not knowing how long he had been in the apartment. Not knowing what he heard, but she knows they were caught red-handed. There is no way she could talk her way out of this situation. Patrick just looked at both of them. He gets up and picks up a hoodie from the armrest on the couch and grabs his wallet and car keys. Melanie runs to try and stop him as he looks at her and stops her as he shouts at her, "DO NOT TOUCH ME!"

Looking almost sick to his stomach by even looking at her. He opens the door and slams the door shut and leaves. Melanie looks at Jerry who finds this humorous and has a smirk on his face, it shows that he doesn't care that much. Melanie sits at the door. Seeing that Melanie is having a much different reaction to it than he was. Jerry comes up to her as she has two hands covering her face, as she looks up at Jerry and says, "I didn't want him to find out like this."

Melanie gets up and walks to where he was sitting and sees the pictures Patrick was looking at, both of them are smashed. There is glass everywhere, and blood drops that lead to the door. Patrick must have cut himself when he smashed them. Standing up as Melanie looks out the window seeing he is gone not sure when he will be back, or if he even will be. Melanie looks at Jerry and says, "I think you should go."

"W-wait a minute you want me to leave, are you being serious," Jerry asked?"

"Pat is my boyfriend, he just caught us cheating on him. Now is not the time for this," Melanie answered.

"You didn't seem to mind it when I was balls deep inside you," Jerry said.

Melanie looks at him and shouts, "How dare you say that to me after what just happened, GET THE FUCK OUT NOW!"

Jerry looks at her and is about to leave but uses his charms and manipulation that ended up making Melanie sleep with him in the first place. It shows that Jerry honestly does not care that they got caught. He looks glad that they did. Jerry stops before he leaves and says to Melanie, "Don't forget you were the one who wanted this. You let this happen so it wasn't just me."

Lowering her head as she looks ashamed and says, "I know that, but I guess, well I guess it is too late for that now."

"So then why am I being kicked out," Jerry asked?

Tilting her chin up as he smiles and says, "You and I both know, you were not happy with him. I am who turns you on."

Jerry looks at Melanie and picks her up in his arms and brings her back into the bedroom and closes the bedroom door. Melanie still does not know when or if Patrick will come back home. However, right now, she doesn't seem to honestly care about that.

Davey decided to take a longer route to go home. She wanted to get herself a slush puppy from the 711 at the mini-mall. Patrick is sitting in the parking lot at that same mini-mall, it is not that far from where he lives. Shaking his head and leaning his head on the steering wheel. He has not even noticed that he has a cut on his hand, that is pretty deep and surrounds his thumb. Punching his steering wheel a couple of times, and says to himself, "How could I be so fucking stupid."

Davey sees a very beautiful car in the parking lot. It is a navy blue, Ford Mustang Shelby GT500. She loves fast sports cars like this, as she then sees who is the owner of the vehicle. To her surprise, it is the same person who she met at the bookstore. However, she sees him punching his dashboard and steering wheel. She watches as Patrick leans his head onto his steering wheel, as comes up to his car window. Hearing a light knock on his window as he looks over at her as sees the hurtful look on his face. The tears running down his cheeks. The look on Davey's face changes to a look of concern. Patrick presses a button to roll down his window. Davey can see his demeanor and how much different he looks compared to before. She then glances and sees the cut on his hand, "Oh my gosh, Pat you are bleeding."

Not even taking a second to come over to the passenger side of his car, as she sees the door is open. She gets in and takes hold of his hand, she doesn't have anything to wrap his hand with to stop the blood flow. Opening up the compartment in the middle of the two front seats, she finds a few handkerchiefs and tissues in it. Taking them out, as she takes hold of his hand, and applies the tissues onto it, and begins wiping the cut. The whole time Patrick doesn't feel any pain, he doesn't even feel Davey who is tending to his wound. Davey does not want to press the issue, but she knows that something is very wrong. She finishes wrapping up his hand the best that she can, as she tells him, "You are going to need stitches for that."

"Hunh," Patrick responded, as he looked at Davey and appears to not seem aware of where he even is.

"Ok you are in no condition to be out driving like this, who let you leave like this," Davey asked?"

He doesn't respond to her question, as she says, "Ok I see that something bad happened, so I am just going to sit here until you are able to talk to me."

Patrick leans back in his seat as he leans his head back he closes his eyes and more tears trickle down his cheeks. Even though she doesn't know him. Davey cannot leave him alone like this. She can see he is upset and who knows what he might do to himself. The person she met and talked with at the bookstore was a very cheerful person. But seeing him like this has made her very concerned for his well-being.

Calmly she has to find a way to get him to talk, she takes hold of his other hand that is not injured. Patrick sees her do this as she looks into his eyes, as the cute twinkle that was there at the bookstore, is gone. Kindly and quietly she asks, "Please tell me what happened?"

The concerned genuine look on Davey's face is what gets him to calm down. It allowed him to exhale and breathe out, as he looks at her as gently glides her fingertips up and down his forearm. Opening his eyes as he looks at Davey as she calmly says, "Take your time, I'm not going anywhere."

More tears begin to form in his eyes, as he looks down as they begin to flow. Davey knows this look all too well, it's the look of someone who just had his heartbroken. Looking at her with tears in his eyes as he says, "Sorry you must think I am a baby right now."

"No, I do not think that you are human," Davey calmly tells him, as she then says, "But I can't help you if you don't tell me what happened."

Calmly Patrick breathes out as he begins to tell Davey what happened, he tells her every detail of what he saw. How he saw Jerry on top of Melanie, how the two of them were grunting and moaning. Everything he saw, from how Melanie's ankles were locked around his waist. Telling Davey that when he saw Melanie's face, it took everything within himself to not barge into the room, and not do physical farm to Jerry.

Davey hears this, and sees his pain, and calmly tries to talk to him, showing sympathy for him as she kindly says, "I am sorry this happened."

"Has this ever happened to you before," Patrick asked?"

Davey knows how this feels, just like he caught his girlfriend. She went through the very same experience. However, she does not want to make this about herself. Sure she could easily turn this conversation around and direct it on her own personal experiences. She is not about to do that, especially seeing how hurt he is.

"Yes someone has cheated on me," Davey says, calmly as Patrick looks at her and says, "How on earth could someone cheat on someone as gorgeous as you."

Hearing Patrick respond to her like this, Davey's heart skips a beat as he says this. She finds what he says very sweet. Taking hold of both of his hands, bandaged and bloody hand included. Patrick leans back, as she gently takes her other hand, and lightly glides her fingers through his dark brown hair. Seeing that Patrick doesn't mind her doing this, he closes his eyes and just feels her trying to calm him down.

Just like he called her gorgeous Davey could easily say the same thing, as she has that same question in her head, "How could someone treat someone so nice like this."

To her eyes, Patrick is very beautiful and handsome. At first, they were shy around each other, but once they started talking she easily felt comfortable with him.

Patrick opens his eyes, as he then says, "How fucking stupid was I."

He punches his dashboard twice with his bad hand, as Davey stops him from hurting himself, as she takes hold of both of his hands. When she does this Patrick collapses onto her shoulder, as she is now embracing him in her arms. Putting a hand on his back as she gently cradles him, as she just says, "Shhh, that's it, shhh, just let it out."

Seeing him like this, I think anyone would be trying to do the same thing in this situation. Davey feels so bad for him. But seeing him like this is bringing back deja vu for her. It was not that long ago that she was the one like this. If it wasn't for her friends, Jordan and Mia, she never would have calmed down. Seeing Patrick like this, she wonders how badly she appeared to her friends. Was this how she appeared to them.

Davey because of that makes a decision right then and there, she is not about to abandon him. Despite her not knowing him, she will not leave his side. But she also is not going to allow himself to physically harm himself.

She waits as Patrick stops leaning on her, as he sits back in his seat. He looks at her as she holds out her hand and says, "I am very sorry for what happened to you?"

Looking at her he says, "Thank you, and appreciate your concern."

Holding out her hand, as she tells him, "Give me your keys."

"I'm okay, I just need to drive and get as far away from here as I can," Patrick said.

"No, you need to give me your keys, '' Davey says with a serious look on her face. This is not the playful look she had been giving him most of the day.

"I am serious, give me your keys," Davey tells him.

Listening to her voice of reason, and the worried concerned look on her face. Makes him listen to her as he takes the keys out of the ignition slot, and places them into the palm of her hand. Leaning his head onto the steering wheel once again, as she hears him crying.

In his mind, he is now thinking that this has more than likely put him into the friend zone with Davey. Now that Davey knows that he had a girlfriend, he thinks that it has changed her interest in him, in that regard. What he doesn't know is that Davey is not thinking in this way at all. If anything this is just showing her more about himself as a human being, she's only known him a couple of hours and sees all the things she likes in a guy in him already.

Davey watches him crying and is feeling totally helpless. SHe doesn't know what she could say or do to change the mood or get it off his mind. Davey could turn this around, and try to talk about something else.

"I really like your car, it's awesome," Davey says, as Patrick looks over at her. Davey's pretty smile is what calms him down. He wipes his tears from his face, as he says, "Her name is Shelby."

"Oh, you named her," Davey asked?"

"Well it was easy for me to give her that name, it is easier than saying, Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, all the time," Patrick answered.

Davey laughs, as he finally does as well, as she says, "They're finally I get to see those cute dimples."

He blushes a bit when she says this, as Davey smirks and asks, "Tell me about you."

Looking at her as he says, "What do you want to know?"

"Where is your family from, do you have any siblings," Davey responded.

"Yes, I have a sister and a brother," Patrick answered.

"What are their names," Davey asked?"

"Carrie and Tyler," Patrick answered.

"Are you the oldest," Davey asked?

"No, I'm not I'm the middle, my brother Tyler is the oldest, and Carrie is the youngest," Patrick answered.

"Oh so you must be protective of her," Davey asked?"

"Oh yes, nobody messes with Carrie," Patrick answered.

Patrick turns the conversation around and asks, "What about you, do you have siblings, and where is your family from?"

"I am originally from, a small town, ever heard of Hawthorne," Davey asked?"

Shaking his head no, as he says, "But I can relate, I grew up in a small town too, I used to live in Ratheson which was about maybe two streets."

Davey laughs and says, "At least you had streets, Hawthorne isn't even a town, it's just fields and the smell of stinky farms."

The two of them discover they have more in common than they both thought. Patrick then says, "So your siblings?"

"Oh yes I have three brothers, Derrick is the oldest, you two would probably get along pretty well. He likes fasts cars like you," Davey says as Patrick just continues to listen to her talk.

"Go on," Patrick says, as she sees he is caught up in her. Her trick worked, he's not even thinking about what happened to him, his attention is completely on her.

"My second brother is Matthew, he is kind of a brat though, he is younger than I am and is still in high school," Davey said.

"Oh, they sound the same age, my sister and him I mean," Patrick responded.

"How old is she," Davey asked?"

"She just turned fifteen," Patrick answered.

"Matty just turned sixteen, so yeah they are probably even in the same grade," Davey said.

Patrick shakes his head and says "Gosh what a small world we live in eh?"

"No I know, the truth is I was joking with my roommate earlier today. I said to her, that I was hoping to meet a cute guy at the bookstore," Davey said.

Patrick smiles listening to this, as he says, "Well I am certainly glad that I met you today. Despite what I went through today. You are the one thing that's been good about it."

Hearing Patrick says this, makes her feel so calm and relaxed around him. This conversation is nice, but she looks at his hand and notices it is getting worse. She would love to sit here and just talk with him like this. It's nice and it also helps that he is easy to talk to.

"What is your last name," Patrick asked?"

"Oh it's Rivers, what is yours," Davey responded, as he answered, "Lawson."

"Pat that hand of yours is not going to get better," Davey said.

"No you are right, I'd love to just sit here and talk with you like this," Patrick responded.

"I feel the same way, and we will I promise. You and I can continue where we leave off," Davey said.

"Promise," Patrick asked?"

"Yes, of course, you have my word," Davey answered.

Looking at Patrick as she says, "I have to text a friend, to let them know where I am."

"Could you put the AC back on, it is getting hot in here," Patrick says, and not just because of the heat. It is because of the sexy young woman keeping him company.

Taking off his hoodie, Davey sees his t-shirt slide up his chest. Seeing his chest and abs. She licks her lips and eyes him up and down as his shirt slides back down. There is a little bit of a disappointed look on her face as she wished she could have seen that a little bit longer.

Patrick looks over at her and catches Davey was checking him out. Playfully he takes off his shirt, and says, "There is that better."

Davey just laughs as she nods her head and says, "Oh yes much better."

Quietly, she lowers her head and says to herself, "Oh my lord, it is hot in here."

12